Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

Duelling: against one-handed and two-handed weapons

For the first time in playing NotR, I have done some duels that are not required by the plot. I am level 15, STR 92 (with equipment boosts) and two-handed skill 38% with Ulthar's Wand equipped and leather armour. I am not quick-fingered, and find combat quite challenging.

Anyway, as I beat all the guys for Jarvis' Challenge, and as I wanted more "legitimate" exp (i.e. exp that is justified by the story line), I decided to do some duels against unnamed mercenaries. I won fairly easily against the guys with one-handed weapons. I am struggling against the guys with two-handed weapons.

Maybe it's just coincidence, just the way those fights panned out, but I wonder whether anyone else has found the same thing. Just out of interest, and because I am a big fan of two-handed weapons
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)
    Geändert von Darksword (18.01.2020 um 10:44 Uhr)

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    veni, vidi, iuvi  Avatar von Thorwyn

Thorwyn ist offline
    I actually find enemies with two-handed weapons less difficult. It's easier to get into a working block-block-hit rhythm, while enemies with one-handed weapons are sometimes too fast for that (especially the ones with 60% or more). Against those, I often block by retreating and then move forward again to attack, which requires some more maneuvering.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

Darksword ist offline
    Interesting. Are you yourself using a one-handed weapon?

The best I can manage is swing left, swing right, rinse and repeat

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    veni, vidi, iuvi  Avatar von Thorwyn

Thorwyn ist offline
    Usually yes, I like the greater speed - both when fighting and when retreating. Makes it easier to not take damage especially when fighting multiple opponents at once.
    Edit: Like in these videos for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFfBnbw67rw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JXprffBFfY

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

Darksword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Thorwyn Beitrag anzeigen
    Usually yes, I like the greater speed - both when fighting and when retreating. Makes it easier to not take damage especially when fighting multiple opponents at once.
    Edit: Like in these videos for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFfBnbw67rw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JXprffBFfY
    Wow!!! In my wildest dreams I could never fight so fantastically well ... Beautiful to watch, truly. Thanks so much.

As for me, what can I tell you? Even in my youth I could never aspire to be a concert pianist (one of my wild dreams, long gone).