Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Hello, Risen 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 FANS !

I played through 4 times and time came for edits. This day and year, is it possible to EDIT ORIGINAL GAME ARMOUR and can someone say where's the entity file for SummonedSkeleton Fred ?

I'm in the market for a Fighter's Armor without tin left bracer and I'm willing to mod it myself, but where does the game hide IT'S (armor's) original files ?

This is personal taste only, might give advice but i'm not publishing it.

This far i used all Risen 1 modding tools except the SDK and I was darn glad I could rename Fred the Skeleton. Test made him a Bog Body also. And a ghostly headless woman. And a goblin but the animations were out of sync.

Thank you in advance and A MERRY 2020 to you all !!
    FunFanRisenOne ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    Yes, it is possible to modify the 3D models for armor. You need the tool Rimy3D along with a 3D editor such as Blender or 3ds Max. Upack Risen\data\compiled\animations.pak wherein you can find the armor models (._xmac) in the directory _emfx36\Humans\Bodys.

For Fred, the template file is Risen\data\common\templates.pak\Monster\Special\SummonedSkeleton.tple. I don't know what you mean by "entity file".
    Baltram ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    The Edit

https://imgur.com/9KbfSSw

So, it was a little tricky. The left arm was made out of pieces, so in GMax, i had to clone and mirror-flip the right arm. Now I can't export. I have the .gmax file done but when i want to convert it to _xmac, it keeps telling me that no common mesh in base file is found or something. I needed to unpack meshes, maybe ? Well, there will be a way. But the editing is done, I saw the brace-less armor with my own eyes and it looks fine.

About boney Fred, the SummonedSkeleton. I know it's .tpl where you can edit it's body for another one piece body (no head - monster category), but every physical being that can kick a wolf's arse in Risen I also has a .lrent file where it's physical properties are stored, such as skills, inventory, affiliations, dialogue.

All of the entities (beings) in this game have such files. I modified the pc-hero, i modified Sara, the dead beach officers, the limits of bandit camp's teachers teaching, and obviously the health of Rufo so he nolonger dies on me during the lizard attack in chapter 3.

However SummonedSkeleton hides his .lrent somewhere really mysterious.

Now i learned a bit of gmax. Good days, good days.

Oh, and for anyone also reading this reply:

The biggest pro of this game, Risen, is superb graphics for the little resources it demands. I play it on all max settings on an ultra-crappy laptop., Therefore:

Some guys with some spare time, in need of a secondary life purpose and maybe a hobby, would do well to try making a, just like it was done with Skyrim, by enthusiast modders, A TOTAL CONVERSION MOD.
    This would basically be a whole new game on the risen one engine.

Say... a way bigger island, with funny-freaky humor, so on and so forth ?!?

Thanks again, Baltram and let's do the doo-doo.
    FunFanRisenOne ist offline Geändert von FunFanRisenOne (20.02.2020 um 14:02 Uhr)

4. #4 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von FunFanRisenOne Beitrag anzeigen
    I have the .gmax file done but when i want to convert it to _xmac, it keeps telling me that no common mesh in base file is found or something.
    The name of the mesh in the .gmax file must be the same as the name of the mesh in the ._xmac file that you select in the export settings dialog.

However SummonedSkeleton hides his .lrent somewhere really mysterious.
    Fred is different from normal NPCs because it is (probably) created as a new entity when you summon it. Therefore there probably is no .lrent file containing Fred. If you want to change his skills or inventory, editing the template should have the desired effect.
    Baltram ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Mmmm, i see now, well, editing some armor will be a pet project. Small pet, like an ant, private, and only when and if i feel like it.

But here's a question: in the Rimy3d (excellent tool by the way, great job, truly great) online manual it speaks about unpacking .bin files and I do not believe I am aware of how to do that correctly, since all the PowerISO, UltraIso, DaemoLite and other google advice i try come back that the file, for instance compiled.info.bin, where i think the numeric settings of the game are, such as what I'm looking for, HP/level-up (12? wtf ?), and all these metods tell an error that the file is either corrupted or format unknown or incompatible.

Gosh, ElderScrolls were darn easy with those brand editors of theirs ! Risen is a tad tricky, gotta know some stuff.

So, if Rimy instructs I unpack .bin files, through what info-magic do I do that correctly.

Oh and a personal advice: Is it Obsessive Compulsive Disorder when you can't find your gaming joy if you haven't set up even the colors of the damn gnome feathers (or so to speak) just right ? Aside from beating the Fire Titan, wich ends the game very regrettably (no radiant missions) I played through a bunch of times but i just can't find my chi.

Either best looking armor (imo) has a ridiculous bracer, either the number of hp per level is plain freaky (instead of a clear cut 10 or 20), either the weapon you really like it's looks and want to carry around for the game has junk stats, so on and so forth.

So, is pathologic perfectionism considered an OCD ?

These would be the questions. I hug you for your help (just like russian bear men)

6. #6 Zitieren
    But here's a question: in the Rimy3d (excellent tool by the way, great job, truly great) online manual it speaks about unpacking .bin files and I do not believe I am aware of how to do that correctly
    I assume you are referring to this:
    Zitat Zitat von Rimy3D documentation
    Modified ._xmsh models need to be registered in the compiled_meshes.bin file in order to be rendered correctly in Risen. Therefore, unpack compiled_meshes.bin from the archive meshes.pak to the folder Risen\data\common\meshes using Risenaut and then remove write protection from the unpacked file (important!). Next, start Risen and execute the console command Editor UpdateCompiledResourceFile Mesh 1. This requires Script_Extensions to be installed and the file mountlist_packed.ini to be configured correctly (more on that in the modding forum at WorldOfRisen). Each time a mesh is modified this console command needs to be executed again.
    You don't need to unpack the .bin file itself, that's a misunderstanding. You just need to unpack meshes.pak in order to obtain compiled_meshes.bin. Then remove write-protection from the .bin file.

By the way, you can download Script_Extensions here, there also is a documentation. Furthermore you need to download mountlist_packed.ini and place it in your Risen\bin folder.

for instance compiled.info.bin, where i think the numeric settings of the game are, such as what I'm looking for, HP/level-up (12? wtf ?)
    The level-up mechanics are hard-coded in the .dll files in Risen\bin. The file compiled_infos.bin contains NPC's dialogs.

So, is pathologic perfectionism considered an OCD ?

These would be the questions. I hug you for your help (just like russian bear men)
    I have no clue about that. But thanks for the hug.
    Baltram ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Well, Baltram, rather than editing dll files, (hex editor, i guess) i think i'll be wise about it and admit when i'm licked (american expression, i suppose they saw themselves as human icecreams or something, don't ask).

In my 2 years of playing Risen, i edited I suppose everything that deserves the name of "personal taste tweak". After all, my only intention was to better enjoy my game.
    Like I said, i did not fight the titan yet, but this makes me sad since i sa a youtube clip of the last battle and the game just ends then and there.

Risen is really weird that way : it is the most replayable extremely liniar game I met. Maybe because it is built around skill, reward, getting through it and NOT speed running this game. I even tried a speed run. Stopped right after finishing bandit camp. It felt like i achieved nothing.

This game is like a walk through a beautiful forest. Walk slow, listen to the birds and the wind, smell the berry, take in the sights... if you rush it feels like visiting disneyland... from the plane.

It is really strange for a man that played Morrowind for 6 years, Gothic for 3, Oblivion for 2 and Skyrim for 4 to be so in love with a game some rating junkies might tend to overlook.

I can't wait to have better gear, not this dumb laptop, to play 3 Titan Lords on max settings.

The Piranas did a terrific job.

Glad to see that until that rehash of Morrowind's sandbox greatness is available we can still find gems like these.

Sure, i could play mass effect but aftter serious sam no shooter tastes the same anymore.

So this is why i'm in love with Risen. If Elder Scrolls wouldn't have hogged all praise, Risen would have surely been on the podium.

Plus that team is way bigger than these guys. Hundreds instead of dozens. So this makes risen even greater still.

All in all, I'm glad I met Risen and I'm glad I met you, Baltram. By the by, in case you like cats I have to disclose my birth-given name is Felix.

See you around ; have fun !!