Registrieren
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Zitieren #1
    Waldläufer Avatar von as-bijou
    Hey, space cowboys!

You can ask us anything in this thread. Of course, we won't tell you everything about the game because we don't want to spoil all the fun but we'll do our best to answer your questions as honest and thorough as possible.
    as-bijou ist offline

2. Zitieren #2

Batmanistrator
    Alright! Let's get a bit technical here.
    • What programming language is used to create Exoplanet?
    • Did you write your own game engine for Exoplanet or did you use an existing engine? If the latter is the case: which one? If the former is the case: Why? In either case: What are the benefits?
    • How many people are currently working on the game?
    Thoronador ist offline

3. Zitieren #3
    Waldläufer Avatar von Grumbledore
    Zitat Zitat von Thoronador Beitrag anzeigen
    Alright! Let's get a bit technical here.
    • What programming language is used to create Exoplanet?
    • Did you write your own game engine for Exoplanet or did you use an existing engine? If the latter is the case: which one? If the former is the case: Why? In either case: What are the benefits?
    • How many people are currently working on the game?
    while we wait for an answer I can cover a few points. Not as detailed as one of the devs though.

As for the language it's c++ with lua scripting support.

alot of stuff is done via lua. ai, combat, items, saving and loading etc. modding can be done too.

My Crit/Partial Hit mod

Gui is based on Crazy Eddie's GUI.

The engine is called Sahara. it has been heavily modified to fit the devs needs.
    Grumbledore ist offline

4. Zitieren #4
    Ritter Avatar von LEDsky
    Hi, Thoronador!
    Mister Grumbledore is absolutely correct, except for one thing.
    Zitat Zitat von Grumbledore Beitrag anzeigen
    The engine is called Sahara. it has been heavily modified to fit the devs needs.
    Sahara engine has been developed from scratch to fit our specific needs: lightweight, fast to compile, open for modding with creation of convenient modkit in mind. Unreal Engine or Unity e.g. are not so mod-frienldly, as far as I know.

Currently there are 12 developers working full time and several people doing freelance jobs for us on a regular basis. We are planning to increase our manpower in 2020 and further.
    LEDsky ist offline

5. Zitieren #5
    Waldläufer Avatar von Grumbledore
    Zitat Zitat von LEDsky Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi, Thoronador!
    Mister Grumbledore is absolutely correct, except for one thing.

Sahara engine has been developed from scratch to fit our specific needs: lightweight, fast to compile, open for modding with creation of convenient modkit in mind. Unreal Engine or Unity e.g. are not so mod-frienldly, as far as I know.

Currently there are 12 developers working full time and several people doing freelance jobs for us on a regular basis. We are planning to increase our manpower in 2020 and further.
    my bad about the engine then. i rember googling the engine at the beginning and i actually found a sahara engine page. so i thought it was heavily modified and i think someone mentioned it being heavily modified. but can be mistaken there too

ark survival evolved was build in unreal engine and does provide mod support. basically you had to download a modified unreal engine editor and a few different files provided by the developer.

modding was made via blueprints and not via code. dragging and dropping elements, connecting them. took me some time to figure it, but overall it was quite interesting.

Picture of Blueprint mode:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

in the end it all comes down to how much effort a dev team invests into making a game modding friendly.
    Grumbledore ist offline Geändert von Grumbledore (02.01.2020 um 04:57 Uhr) Grund: spelling