Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 28 von 28
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21 Zitieren
    Halbgott Avatar von Kyle07

Kyle07 ist offline
    I like the idea to link the sequel with Gothic II. It seems to be possible.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    If the Sequel would have been realized, Gothic 2 wouldn't have been ever or if so, it would have been totally different. The attempt to harmonize them means that you need to change parts of both and force them to fit each other, sacrificing the purity and, to some extent, the story of both, which is, in my opinion, not an aim worth striving for.

Just a few examples. In the original Gothic story, which was partly reused and developed further for the Sequel, Xardas death was a possibility, as may be known. In Gothic 2 he needs to be alive. In the Sequel, the king himself is in the valley, which isn't fitting at all to Gothic 2, not to speak of Gothic 3. In the Sequel, the comic lore is canon. And if someday PB would have developed a game including the city of Khorinis according to this lore, the city would have been huge and much more appealing in comparison to the Khorinis of G2. No one would miss what G2 had to offer in this regard, if we would have such a vision realized. And we attempt to do that in some way. Also you won't change Khorinis being an island easily. Also, isn't it enough to have the sleeper causing a new threat once? Do we really need the dragon story on top of that? The Gothic universum is so rich and incredible, rich stories with dark, social themes (refugees, the racism between humans and orcs, war, hereticism, the worker's exploitation related to the ore, poverty etc. etc.) could be told in such a city or anywhere in Myrtana according to that original lore and we already have concepts for this.

The attempt to fuse the two, in my opinion, is much less attractive than just realizing the Sequel and develop a real successor worth the name according to that lore on our own. We fans could come up with a much more appealing game than Gothic 2 was and personally I do not think that there is any worth in limiting our imagination to Gothic 2, which is extremely restricted in its vision. But that is just my opinion and the way how we develop the world of Gothic in Project Nyx. I do not want to start a discussion about Gothic 2 or critizise it here.

I still have respect for this attempt, it may be possible and it is certainly not easy to do, so good luck. But I cannot see why it seems appealing to you, if we can imagine a much richer alternative with less discrepancies.
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord
    Geändert von lali (18.11.2019 um 18:38 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23 Zitieren
    Lehrling Avatar von Drurhang

Drurhang ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    If the Sequel would have been realized, Gothic 2 wouldn't have been ever or if so, it would have been totally different. The attempt to harmonize them means that you need to change parts of both and force them to fit each other, sacrificing the purity and, to some extent, the story of both, which is, in my opinion, not an aim worth striving for.

Just a few examples. In the original Gothic story, which was partly reused and developed further for the Sequel, Xardas death was a possibility, as may be known. In Gothic 2 he needs to be alive. In the Sequel, the king himself is in the valley, which isn't fitting at all to Gothic 2, not to speak of Gothic 3. In the Sequel, the comic lore is canon. And if someday PB would have developed a game including the city of Khorinis according to this lore, the city would have been huge and much more appealing in comparison to the Khorinis of G2. No one would miss what G2 had to offer in this regard, if we would have such a vision realized. And we attempt to do that in some way. Also you won't change Khorinis being an island easily. Also, isn't it enough to have the sleeper causing a new threat once? Do we really need the dragon story on top of that? The Gothic universum is so rich and incredible, rich stories with dark, social themes (refugees, the racism between humans and orcs, war, hereticism, the worker's exploitation related to the ore, poverty etc. etc.) could be told in such a city or anyway in Myrtana according to that original lore and we already have concepts for this.

The attempt to fuse the two, in my opinion, is much less attractive than just realizing the Sequel and develop a real successor worth the name according to that lore on our own. We fans could come up with a much more appealing game than Gothic 2 was and personally I do not think that there is any worth in limiting our imagination to Gothic 2, which is extremely restricted in its vision. But that is just my opinion and the way how we develop the world of Gothic in Project Nyx. I do not want to start a discussion about Gothic 2 or critizise it here.

I still have respect for this attempt, it may be possible and it is certainly not easy to do, so good luck. But I cannot see why it seems appealing to you, if we can imagine a much richer alternative with less discrepancies.

All this is true, but I still just focus on the fact that each option has the right to exist and support, including material, regardless of someone's specific preferences. (there is no I not mean that who the this spoke or didn't agree with it. I simply solve separately point to this). The decision on link gothic sequel with gothic 2 was originally made by Magoth, not us, we only fulfill this idea into reality, although we also support it, because:
    a.) As we said our variation will in any case be better and extended than the original sequel that would have been developed in the first half of 2002. (Of course, if we bring it to release and if the project goes through several stages of content selection and testing)
    b.) We have a chance to develop and make a reality interesting pre-history background characters Gothic 2. (That's the reason some people might find this conception attractive, including Kyle07)
    c.) in fact, some serious restrictions that would be the reason for the rejection of the conceived PB things we do not have much. As we have already said: everything that was conceived for the original sequel will also be with us. Design camps sake of accurate similarities landscape Gothic sequel and Gothic 2 we sacrifice not let us in any case because this will worsen interest players and will create not the most the best perception of playing process from-for the boring and already familiar until holes gaming zones.

Death Of Xardas? Yes, but what's the point of talking about it aware of the fact that further projects revealing the consequences of this death most likely will not be embodied in reality. (Gothic 2 Alternative, action which happens after story gothic sequel. Of Course it more interesting and intriguing, but it not developed and hardly will be in future)
    In our project, the most important limitations are the beginning and the end of the game. The beginning of we already roughly described, and the end of the will is happening in the same place where this and was conceived - in temple swamp camp (separate location) with the only difference that himself Xardas not dies, (but after all can be same devise anything another) and sleeper again is returning in its dimension. (Does not die as in original planned gothic sequel, and returns back that makes it possible to re-use it in future parts. Why is death perceived as a good decision at all? it on the contrary puts an end to the fate of the character in subsequent parts)
    I still tend to think in such key - there still is no sense to speak and focus on attraction mentioning under this that in Gothic 2 is happening banal copying the ideas from sequel until not will developed an alternative decision which will evaluated and recognized as more interesting and creative than this already there is have PB.
    Yes, variant with Alternative Gothic 2 is more better, and we ourselves could make gothic 2 more original and unique in some parts game Lore, level or interior design and plot of the game, but we are here now and our task is to make the most of what we are working on.
    of course we knew from the beginning that this project is the least promising in terms of perspective on future in development next more interesting parts gothic, but at the same time we knew that there are people who would like to see the project which would reveals prehistory Gothic 2. As an excuse, can only say that no matter how boring and uninteresting it seemed to anyone but practice shows that the fans considered gothic 2 for the best part of the series, this is the opinion of the majority.
    Don't get me wrong, but I just don't want people to be scared away from the project because of holding the thought in their head that something can be developed better and more creative than it is now, at the moment. If argue in such a manner, then can be done even better than and that will done better than in Gothic 2, after all there is no limit perfection.

(And so can indefinitely, but this is not a reason not to play or lost interest to play in addition, we can not determine the scope of understanding what is attractive and what is not, to what extent you need to improve any aspects of the game to make it attractive, and for whom it will be attractive and for whom not, because each person has their own individual interests and requirements for anything.)
    I would, for example, not like, to people not played in my project only because, that something can be done it better and they would deliberately waited more the best and an interesting project, specifically not playing under this in the that do we, because this worse and them not want spoiler themselves what either any game knowledges or part story, because they want obtain maximum pleasure from game. On the other hand we should not think so deeply about all it because what we do - it's just a non-profit projects and it will even be fun to have the very such thought. after all, we're not going to get paid for our work. And to do it for the sake of recognizing the respect of the community is simply not worth such a huge expenditure of effort. The only reason to do all this-personal enthusiasm and pleasure from the work done in conjunction with the realization of the fact that some people will be interested playing in created your product..
    I hope that people here will correctly interpret my thoughts and understand their message.

Back to the topic of discussion:
    I all remind that we still open for proposals and ideas on design swamp camp, we plan add there conceived PB guild heretics consisting shamans, witches and other strange personalities. While I think where their to settle because according to PB the camp was partially destroyed, inhabited by dangerous creatures and submerged in swamp water at least a meter. What you think about it?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Thank you for this very sensitive explanation. Nothing wrong with this approach.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Gregox

Gregox ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    Thank you for this very sensitive explanation. Nothing wrong with this approach.
    Btw, could someone explain to me, when and how Xardas' death was planned? Wasn't it already in Gothic 1? There is a Bonus Track called "Xardas Death".

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gregox Beitrag anzeigen
    Btw, could someone explain to me, when and how Xardas' death was planned? Wasn't it already in Gothic 1? There is a Bonus Track called "Xardas Death".
    I do not know how it was planned in Gothic 1, if it was. In the Sequel, there were no details concerning this either. The developers did not know yet, how exactly they wanted to end the story. There should have been different endings. Also they did not know for sure, where the endfight etc. should happen. There were different possibilites and approaches and it was not decided yet.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27 Zitieren
    Halbgott Avatar von Kyle07

Kyle07 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gregox Beitrag anzeigen
    I would consider Xardas' sleep in the temple as a death?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28 Zitieren
    Lehrling Avatar von Drurhang

Drurhang ist offline

Gothic Sequel - Design vision of objects

So, the topic for discussion is the design vision of individual objects in gothic sequel. Our task is to recognize the design style of the gothic sequel, we need to understand what principles adhered to Alex Bruggeman and other modelers when creating objects of the world. So, more specifically about than want to talk to the precisely now - this about orcish tents, which likely must were would differ and be modeled on different, with a different form of. (Not as in Gothic 2) Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what it might look like? Here is until several examples from the most sequel:

[Bild: AnWQRRrdu2g.jpg]

So looks tent healers in district obsessed, as you think could whether Orc tents were be modeled with such form of, desirable in detail explain its the answer if you decide his public.

[Bild: fr_xyLIlenE.jpg]
    Geändert von Drurhang (29.11.2019 um 20:57 Uhr)

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12