Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer

umam9 ist offline

Gothic 2 Didn't support my Dual VGA

Hello, can anyone here help me. I have problem with Gothic 2.
    The problem is i can't switch my graphics card settings in Gothic 2 which intel HD, i want to switch it into Nvidia 820. But unfortunately, Gothic 2 didn't detect that. Can anyone here help me, plz!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

Woozel ist offline
    Firt of all: Did you set your Nvidia driver settings to prefer the nvidia card over the Intel card?

If that on its own doesn't make a difference:
    Have you installed Systempack version 1.8?
    That is supposed to fix it for laptops that still use the Nvidia Optimus Technology but I didn't test it since I don't have that kind of hardware anymore.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer

umam9 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Woozel Beitrag anzeigen
    Firt of all: Did you set your Nvidia driver settings to prefer the nvidia card over the Intel card?

If that on its own doesn't make a difference:
    Have you installed Systempack version 1.8?
    That is supposed to fix it for laptops that still use the Nvidia Optimus Technology but I didn't test it since I don't have that kind of hardware anymore.
    Oh, What i meant is when change VGA Settings when you're already on games. Like this. I wanna to change it into Nvidia 820 instead, not Intel HD.

[Bild: attachment.php?s=f8e1d69ac14f7682c7d67c26242dc845&attachmentid=48491&d=1571760426&thumb=1]

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

Woozel ist offline
    In laptops with Nvidia and Intel HD with Optimus Technology the ingame menu will always show Intel HD and you can't change it because the Intel HD will always output what is displayed to your monitor.
    This does not give any info about if the game is actually rendered by the Nvidia Card or the Intel HD Card.

That you can set -as I epxlained- in the Nvidia driver settings. In the Nvidia driver you can also activate a tool on the task bar that shows if a game is actually rendered on the Nvidia GPU or not.
    With it you can test if, with Systempack at least, the game actually runs on the Nvidia.

Without Systempack the game will always be rendered by Intel HD.
    Geändert von Woozel (22.10.2019 um 23:08 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Adventurer

umam9 ist offline
    In laptops with Nvidia and Intel HD with Optimus Technology the ingame menu will always show Intel HD and you can't change it because the Intel HD will always output what is displayed to your monitor.
    This does not give any info about if the game is actually rendered by the Nvidia Card or the Intel HD Card.

That you can set -as I epxlained- in the Nvidia driver settings. In the Nvidia driver you can also activate a tool on the task bar that shows if a game is actually rendered on the Nvidia GPU or not.
    With it you can test if, with Systempack at least, the game actually runs on the Nvidia.

Without Systempack the game will always be rendered by Intel HD.
    But the games runs on low FPS, even I got 2 gigabytes VGA on Laptop. Back then, when on PC with VGA Amd 512 MB the games runs faster FPS, even set in high resolution. Can you give me a tips to adjust Nvidia driver as you'd speak?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

Woozel ist offline
    Thats where you set you driver to always prefer the Nvidia GPU (the screenshot is in German obviously)

[Bild: attachment.php?s=f8e1d69ac14f7682c7d67c26242dc845&attachmentid=48492&d=1500135122&thumb=1]

If you have set this and have installed the Systempack 1.8 and it still isn't working there is a program called DgVoodoo2 which renders the game in original graphics but with Direct X 11.
    If you use that in combination with the above setting in the Nvidia driver it will 100% run on the Nvidia GPU.

Here a thread which shows screenshots of settings for Gothic:
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...light=dgvoodoo

And here a more general explanation in English:
    https://www.play-old-pc-games.com/co...odoo-tutorial/

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Adventurer

umam9 ist offline
    Thats where you set you driver to always prefer the Nvidia GPU (the screenshot is in German obviously)

[Bild: attachment.php?s=f8e1d69ac14f7682c7d67c26242dc845&attachmentid=48492&d=1500135122&thumb=1]

If you have set this and have installed the Systempack 1.8 and it still isn't working there is a program called DgVoodoo2 which renders the game in original graphics but with Direct X 11.
    If you use that in combination with the above setting in the Nvidia driver it will 100% run on the Nvidia GPU.

Here a thread which shows screenshots of settings for Gothic:
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...light=dgvoodoo

And here a more general explanation in English:
    https://www.play-old-pc-games.com/co...odoo-tutorial/
    Done it. It just need System Pack 1.8. But I'm facing some bug or problems now.
    1. All Cutscene stopped playing.
    2. Suddenly the games became blurred with Old TV no Channel Effects, then hang.
    How to solve this?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

Woozel ist offline
    I don't think I can help you with these problems, never heard of anyone here who has them.
    In all the years since the game came out and even with the System Pack my cutscenes always played and I never had any hangs.

Are both your Intel HD and Nvidia drivers up to date?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Adventurer

umam9 ist offline
    I don't think I can help you with these problems, never heard of anyone here who has them.
    In all the years since the game came out and even with the System Pack my cutscenes always played and I never had any hangs.

Are both your Intel HD and Nvidia drivers up to date?
    Yeah, mine always updated.