Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 12 123458 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 236
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero

DavideMiragliaPH ist offline

Gothic Evolution: a wonderful-realistic Colony you've never seen before (PICS)

THE
    GOTHIC EVOLUTION
    PROJECT
    by Davide Miraglia, an Italian Gothic fan(atic)
    [Bild: Seat_of_Power___Frame.jpg]

Q: What is Gothic Evolution?
    A: In poor words, Gothic Evolution is a revolutionary "photography" project that - thanks to my creativity, to my G1 animations knowledge and to some "secret" MARVIN mode tweaks - aims to bring to your house amazing Gothic scenes you weren't able to see while playing the game because of the engine/game design limitations.
    You will be able to see: new animations, very crowded areas, lots of details, shields, tall grass, razor mounted knights, javelins, a completely different in-game atmosphere and some scenes that weren't visible in-game like the execution of the Fire Mages. Of course, there's much more...just watch the pics!

July 2020 NEW feature: A new parallel project called "Gothic Evolution Enhanced Edition" did raise on Youtube. Each video will contain a single HD picture and an appropriate Gothic 1/2/3 soundtrack will play in background. Visit the channel for a powerful, immersive experience! If you like it, subscribe and click on the bell!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtX...yHFxVkA/videos

Q: Do you use mods or external tweaking softwares for your snapshots?
    A: Absolutely not! Only Gothic 1.8j and its integrated console system (MARVIN). Rarely, I do also rely on the Hero Import/Export text file (it helps me to scale up/down objects and people/monsters)...but that's directly linked to the Marvin mode tweaks.
    For post-production purposes, I just use GIMP 2 in order to create watermarks and to delete unnecessary white borders caused by windowed mode.

Q: Is this project friendly with the original Gothic story?
    A: Most times it can be considered lore-friendly. Things like mounted NPCs, shields and javelins are not part the original game, however, I tought they would be cool and realistic elements to add!

Q: Can you post a tutorial about the tecnique your are using in your snapshots?
    A: It is a very difficult and complex thing to do. It would be even more difficult to explain it. My key secret is a large experience made of years and years of "compulsive" MARVIN tweaking and a great creativity mixed to a very deep G1 animation-dynamics understanding. The integrated console is not just a tool for "pasting codes in order to spawn weapons"...Marvin is much-much more than that and it has an hidden face like the moon!

Q: How much time does it take to take a snapshot?
    A: Simple scenes can take at least 1/1,30 hours, while the more complex one did take nearly 5 hours!!! Consider that I can't save my game and come back later while creating those scenes (when reloading my game, NPCs and monsters would move away or change their position)
    It's a project that requires a lot of creativity and a lot of patience.

Q: Can I donate you a coffee for your intense work?
    A: If in the future a moderator will allow me to do that, I will eventually post a PayPal donate link in the web page section of my World of Gothic profile.

Q: Pictures are hidden if I don't click on them. Why?
    A: You have to login/sign up for direct view.

Q: When will you post your pics?
    A: I do have a life. Sometimes I might add a new pic/more pics every week, sometimes I might disappear for months without posting nothing. So, do expect a new pic anytime: no rigid rules.
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (01.08.2020 um 23:02 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Local Hero

The great secret of the Brotherhood

THE GREAT SECRET OF THE BROTHERHOOD
    [Bild: The_Great_Secret_of_the_Brotherhood.jpg]
    GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWLouSxrSS8
    Time taken
    : more or less 3 hours

Description
    : Lares just sent the Nameless Hero to Mordrag. They must have a quick conversation about a problem related to the Brotherhood. This is the precursor mini-quest of the Chapter 2 quest "The Great Secret of the Brotherhood".
    Notes:
    - The tavern waiters are NOT Balam and Omid. I just recycled their skins...also, the Balam-like skin is much skinnier. Why did I recycle the skins? Because there are only three people in the game dressed like that: Balam, Omid and Snaf.
    - The guy with a mace is a tavern bouncer. I decided to give him heavy armor in order to distinguish him from the mass.

CHECK THE ORIGINAL SCENE BEFORE MY SNAPSHOT:
    [Bild: 1_OLD.png]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (02.10.2020 um 11:40 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Cool idea. I'm looking forward to the next pictures.
    Suggestion: Maybe save the scripts (e.g. the routines you give the Npc's, if you do so) to create these scenes. They could be useful for modifications to enhance the atmosphere, if that's not totally done ingame somehow through marvin (don't know what you do exactly).
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    Cool idea. I'm looking forward to the next pictures.
    Suggestion: Maybe save the scripts (e.g. the routines you give the Npc's, if you do so) to create these scenes. They could be useful for modifications to enhance the atmosphere, if that's not totally done ingame somehow through marvin (don't know what you do exactly).
    Thanks!
    My method doesn't include routines and waypoints.
    As far as I know, you can't edit routines with the MARVIN mode (you can force an NPC to run from a waypoint from another, but after that he will start again his original routine).
    Some animations you can see in my pictures couldn't be even played by editing routine scripts.
    Let's take the tavern scenery: you can't see that, but the NPCs at the bar counter have their legs floating below the ground level. Focus on your character and Mordrag. From an original animation (the alchemic lab anim) I invented a new animation (= a bar counter lean anim, which is not meant to be in-game).
    If you don't understand, I wouldn't be surprised. It's very difficult to explain what I exactly do.
    Have a nice day!
    Davide
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (06.10.2019 um 19:37 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Adventurer

AntonioBarbarian ist offline
    Is it just me that can't see it, or are the images broken?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Zitat Zitat von AntonioBarbarian Beitrag anzeigen
    Is it just me that can't see it, or are the images broken?
    Doh! Yeah I can't see them anymore too. I don't know what happened. I did link two "Google Photos" urls and they were working pretty fine!

EDIT: The pics are visible again. If they do disappear for the second time, please tell me and I will try to look for a valid alternative to Google Photos. However, in the internet I read that some sharing sites are closing, others are closed and the remaining ones are not that reliable, require to upgrade to premium or put another watermark to the photos.
    Google Drive does NOT work. It might work, but guys you can't see photo previews. It doesn't make sense.
    It would be much easier to directly upload pictures in here...but it's not possible.
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (06.10.2019 um 21:10 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    For this purpose, you can use the upload from World of Players (https://upload.worldofplayers.de). Then the images won't get deleted if they are linked here.

Zitat Zitat von DavideMiragliaPH Beitrag anzeigen
    Let's take the tavern scenery: you can't see that, but the NPCs at the bar counter have their legs floating below the ground level. Focus on your character and Mordrag. From an original animation (the alchemic lab anim) I invented a new animation (= a bar counter lean anim, which is not meant to be in-game).
    If you don't understand, I wouldn't be surprised. It's very difficult to explain what I exactly do.
    Ah right! I just don't know how you can coordinate all this in Marvin Mode.
    If the NPCs have their legs below the ground there, then its not useful for ingame use sadly.^^ But the illusion is cool.
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord
    Geändert von lali (06.10.2019 um 21:45 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Local Hero

EXCALIBUR GOTHICA

EXCALIBUR GOTHICA
    [Bild: sAExcalibur_Gothica.jpg]

GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> Coming Soon.
    Time taken:
    more or less 2,30 hours
    Description: The hero grabs the iconic Old Sword while his savior is watching him. In the meantime, an Old Camp convoy from the marketplace is returning to the feud.

Notes:
    - Orry (the red guard near the beginning gate) says that thieves often approach the exchange plaza in order to steal goods. That's why I decided to add a convoy in the background: the area in the beginning should appear as "militarized" and not desolated.
    - I decided to present you a less aggressive/more realistic version of scavengers. If you don't provoke them, it's difficult they will attack, especially if there are lots of people around!
    - The second guard from the right is performing a walking animation that did not exist in the original game (walking with a sword over a shoulder).

[Bild: 1__OLD.png]

Thank you lali!! It works!!
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (01.08.2020 um 23:08 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Aus dem Reich der Mitte Avatar von JudgeKyle

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Hello Davide and welcome to the best Gothic forum in the world!

That's a really cool idea and after the first pictures I can say I like it really much and I would love to see it while playing too.
    Unfortunately it's just an illusion, but again: Great work! Mille Grazie, I'm looking forward to the next pictures!

P.S.: Good idea to show the original scene too and also thanks for the explanations what you did / changed etc.
    Very interesting project! Hope we get to see much more in the future; my fan(atic) heart for Gothic beats faster.
    Geändert von JudgeKyle (07.10.2019 um 13:06 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Thank you Kyle!
    In some minutes, you will see a new picture.
    To be honest, I did already have some snapshots and I was ready to upload one of them. However, I was anxious to show you guys things like javelins and mounted combat. So...after work I did create a new scene. It took me sooo long to realize it. Indeed, I think it was wort the time spent!
    This is the last time I do start complex projects after work. I feel "KO" (but very satisfied)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Local Hero

The Test of (un)Faith

THE TEST OF (un)FAITH
    [Bild: The_Test_of__un_Faith.jpg]
    GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJYpBVs0-8o
    Time taken
    : nearly 3,45/4 hours!!

Description
    : This is a scene which is not visible in-game. But it really happens. The Nameless Hero did bring the List to Diego. The time has comed: Lares sent some guys in the forest to attack a convoy full of supplies. And the street on the forest is the perfect spot for a lethal ambush!!!
    Notes:
    - You can see Gorn in the left side of the picture. In-game, he admits he raids convoys along with the thieves guild, but the other mercenaries don't know about it. In the picture, he is wearing rogue armor because he is fighting undercover. Can you imagine if a survivor tells Gomez that mercenaries are killing Old Camp guards?!
    - In the snapshot, you can see some new animations and fighting concepts: check for example the war charge of the heavy thief near the camera. Or a rogue who is going to throw a javelin. Or the Old Camp Knight with his "horse"...or should I say razor? Yes, the knight is far away from the camera, but one day you will see other knights much closer than this!

[Bild: 6xjc65DG1TCse1__OLD.png]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (13.09.2020 um 21:51 Uhr) Grund: Added suggested background OST

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Awesome work again! The guy on the razor is hilarious.

But to be honest, I can't imagine that it would be possible to tame a razor like that.

Keep on this good work!

P.S.: Would it be ok for you to put your copyright somewhere else?
    I understand you want to protect your work, because it costs a lot of effort and time,
    but maybe a little smaller in one of the corners would be ok for you?
    It's a little disturbing and it breaks the illusion a little bit for me.

I'm definitely interested in a high resolution version with a smaller copyright, because I would like to save
    those scenes in my Gothic folder on my HDD. This is like those bonus things you get when you buy a GOG game.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von Ekimara

Ekimara ist offline
    Amazing sceneries. Especially love the last one!

But I gotta agree with JudgeKyle. It would be great if you could reconsider the size and style of your copyright text

I mean, imagine the mona lisa would look like this:
    [Bild: screenshot2019-10-09aook1y.png]

How about something like a Signature style font thats a bit more subtle:
    [Bild: screenshot2019-10-09aiukid.png]

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Thanks for the feedbacks guys!

Unfortunately, I decided to keep that style of copyright.
    This is the only safe method to have a 99% protection on my web-based arts.
    EDIT: After months, I did reupload all of the pics with a nearly invisible watermark. The watermark's style remains the same though...
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (01.08.2020 um 22:55 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Sleeping Souls of Freedom

SLEEPING SOULS OF FREEDOM
    [Bild: Sleeping_Souls_of_Freedom.jpg]

GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6N09AOJogE
    Time taken
    : I don't remember, around 3 hours

Description
    :
    An exclusive religious function inside of the Sect Temple. In-game, the temple was always almost empty.
    Notes
    :
    - The fat guy near the camera and the other one on the left are washing their head with some water. I thought it was cool to add a real life ritual (check for example the Roman church). Of course, I know that those bowls were supposed to contain embers.
    - Check some loneys: they do have an haircut and this is a lore-friendly fact!
    - Check the two templars near the bosses: they are performing a salute that wasn't present in the original game!

[Bild: AX3yZisMu2jQDQNRG1__OLD.png]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (30.08.2020 um 17:36 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Thank you again for your awesome work! I wish so much it would look like this ingame
    (Gothic would be even more great with things going on like this), now everything
    feels just too empty for me; your pictures bringing so much life into Gothic, that's amazing.

About the copyright discussion:

I completely respect your decision and in some way I can even understand it,
    since I was pretty active in the modding scene long time ago (not Gothic; GTA 3 and GTA Vice City)
    and I also had my experience with people who stole my work and used it under their own name.

But I have to admit, that I'm still thinking it's a little bit sad to get distracted by this kind of watermark.

Anyhow, of course it's your decision and I'm still very thankful that you are sharing your work with us!

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Thanks!

Guys...do you always pay taxes? (uh?! maybe it was a suggestion about my next art?)
    Stay connected. You will see something very special that you wouldn't be able to see in the original game. When? Wait until tomorrow morning!

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren
    Der Schläfer erwache  Avatar von Sternchenfarbe

Sternchenfarbe ist offline
    I think there are to many people in the last picture, in my opinion the temple should be a quiet place

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sternchenfarbe Beitrag anzeigen
    I think there are to many people in the last picture, in my opinion the temple should be a quiet place
    A temple is a quiet place and most of the times it should be like that, so generally speaking I agree with you.

But sometimes you can see many people (monks) are praying at the same time (like in this picture), because of a ceremony etc.
    I went to a lot of temples here in China and sometimes it looked exactly like in the picture above with many monks praying.
    So I think it fits pretty good, if you think about as a special event / ceremony which only occurs from time to time, where
    everybody is praying to the mighty sleeper.

20. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren
    Der Schläfer erwache  Avatar von Sternchenfarbe

Sternchenfarbe ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JudgeKyle Beitrag anzeigen
    A temple is a quiet place and most of the times it should be like that, so generally speaking I agree with you.

But sometimes you can see many people (monks) are praying at the same time (like in this picture), because of a ceremony etc.
    I went to a lot of temples here in China and sometimes it looked exactly like in the picture above with many monks praying.
    So I think it fits pretty good, if you think about as a special event / ceremony which only occurs from time to time, where
    everybody is praying to the mighty sleeper.
    Sometimes an empty place is better
    Not everything has to be filled with life

Seite 1 von 12 123458 ... Letzte »