Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 4 von 12 « Erste 1234567811 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 236
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61 Zitieren
    Local Hero

DavideMiragliaPH ist offline
    Really? Thanks for your feedback!
    In my opinion, Management Issues might be the best of the "quick photos" available...aka the photos that did take less than 2 hours of time. It's very focused on facial expressions, mimics and details. Well...I try to focus on it on every picture, but this time I think I did better...of course, we are just talking about a quick photo
    The funny thing is that I wanted guards to perform the salute pose (you can see it in Shadows' Investiture Ceremony) but I didn't remember the code from my personal animation catalog. LOL I forgot to take a screenshot of the code with my smartphone. And I can't minimize the game because it would crash for sure LOL

Guys...what would you like to see next? Some ideas...
    1) The hero giving the minecrawler eggs to Kalom along with Gor Na Bar, Gor Na Kosh and Gor Na Vid (I already have the photo)
    2) Something about the New Camp (the only photo about it is The Great Secret of the Brotherhood)
    3) Something orcish
    4) Nature: predators vs preys (like a group of snappers attacking scavengers, or something like that). It might be the first pic of this genre.
    5) Something about persons under arrest (I do have an idea but I won't say it)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62 Zitieren
    Aus dem Reich der Mitte Avatar von JudgeKyle

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von DavideMiragliaPH Beitrag anzeigen
    1) The hero giving the minecrawler eggs to Kalom along with Gor Na Bar, Gor Na Kosh and Gor Na Vid (I already have the photo)
    2) Something about the New Camp (the only photo about it is The Great Secret of the Brotherhood)
    3) Something orcish
    4) Nature: predators vs preys (like a group of snappers attacking scavengers, or something like that). It might be the first pic of this genre.
    5) Something about persons under arrest (I do have an idea but I won't say it)
    All of them sound interesting I think. If you already have one of it (#1), please let us see!

Besides of that, I would like to see #3, since we didn't see something about the orcs and their life in the colony so far. Especially in Gothic 1 they are a pretty fascinating group, because they seem to have a pretty old culture and they are not only evil enemies.

Looking forward to your next work!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Zitat Zitat von JudgeKyle Beitrag anzeigen
    All of them sound interesting I think. If you already have one of it (#1), please let us see!

Besides of that, I would like to see #3, since we didn't see something about the orcs and their life in the colony so far. Especially in Gothic 1 they are a pretty fascinating group, because they seem to have a pretty old culture and they are not only evil enemies.

Looking forward to your next work!
    I have the same opinion about them...too bad there aren't lore-friendly references that explain their culture.

At the moment, thanks to the Marvin Mode, I'm studying the orc's skeleton, its original animations and eventually new creative animations I can insert in my photos.
    For now, I will not post screenshots about the orcish culture until I find out every possible animation I can make use of. Diversity means quality.
    HOWEVER, today I did find out how to force an orc to block with its left iron bracer: because of that, I decided to create a G1 remake of the Gothic 2 Loading Screen Art!

Next week, I will introduce to Gothic 1 fans my Pole Weapons. They are very tall, of course. All I can say is that they resemble a Glaive. Also, in order to create those weapons I had to use the Hero Import/Export function of the Marvin Mode. It will be the first pic available here where I make use of this particular tecnique.

But now let's enjoy my remake picture! It contains innovative scenario elements too!
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (11.07.2020 um 22:57 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64 Zitieren
    Local Hero

MOONLESS DUEL (G2 Loading Screen Art Remake)

MOONLESS DUEL
    [Bild: 8jGQas66uFrLJ6wPEym4Moonless_Duel.jpg]
    GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PcwqkYexAE
    Time taken
    : 1 hour.

Description
    : The Nameless Hero fights against an orc in the mountains that connect the Guardian's Crypt to the New Camp
    . This is a remake of the Gothic 2 Loading Screen Art.
    Notes
    :

-
    I named the picture "Moonless Duel" because in the original duel you would see the moon.
    - In this photo, you can see two new animations (one for the orc...left iron bracer blocking a sword blow, and one for the hero) and you can see that my flora-decorating skills did improve: now, dead shrinked golems are combined with swampweed to create a more complete landscape...grass & rocks!
    - Actually, the hero is not holding the sword. Instead, an invisible NPC is doing the job for him: a decent combat animation where the hero holds a sword up like this doesn't exist, so, his hand rotation wasn't correct and I had to do something to prevent a bad weapon hold.
    - The hero is not holding the torch too! Left-hand torches are a real pain to place, because with the command "goto camera" they won't move along with the invisible NPC who is holding them.

CHECK THE ORIGINAL ART:
    [Bild: 1_OLD.jpg]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (27.09.2020 um 09:17 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Pretty cool picture!

I like how you recreated the Loadingscreen Artwork, even if the hero doesn't hold the weapon perfectly in his hand or the moon is missing.

I also like that you always explain how you did it, that's very interesting. So thank you again, hope to see more of your work soon (maybe from the orc village?).

One last thing, a little negative criticism (besides of all the positive criticism I already gave you several times): I think it's good that you try to give the environment a little more and richer vegetation, but if I'm honest I don't really like the swamp weed everywhere. It looks a little bit out of place, maybe even some kind of strange. This is because it doesn't look like normal gras, so I would personally prefer the pictures completely without it (or usage of the D3D11 Renderer Gras, but it doesn't look like you are using the Renderer).

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Project news + reply to JudgeKyle

PROJECT NEWS

1) I'm creating new content with nearly invisible watermarks. I also managed to remove the horrible white line with GIMP 2. One of my fans said that the line did trigger him. It started to trigger me too LOL
    I guess I will gradually reupload old pictures with those new features (almost invisible watermark and no white line).

2) The Gothic Evolution project might soon take a different route.
    When I look at my photos alone, I personally enjoy them. But with the "suggested music" feature...it's a completely different story! Lot of immersion!
    That's why I'm thinking to open a Youtube channel dedicated to my fan-made Gothic 1 content. In a single video, a picture will be displayed and the related music will play until the end (full track duration). Playlists regrouping videos from the same area (like the old camp) will be created for a more user friendly navigation.
    I've already uploaded a test-video, and the image quality is nearly the original one...even in full screen view. Of course, you must manually switch the video quality to 720 pixels, otherwise, it will look bad.
    So, if my fans will require to continue to upload standard pictures, I will do it for them. Otherwise, I would move to a terrain that in my opinion brings more immersion and more emotions. So, more quality.

3) Today, I will upload a very quick picture that will introduce you to the world of pole weapons. It's not the picture I was talking about the other day...you will see THAT picture on Friday, so you will have to wait..

____

@JudgeKyle I really appreciate constructive critics. Personally, I love the effect I can obtain with swampweed because it gives some depth to the terrain, so, I won't remove it. BUT...I might try to make it better: for instance, I might try to hide the roots of the swampweed below the ground level. It might be time consuming, but this way the plants would resemble something more close to the grass.
    I won't install the renderer, because it needs the 1.8k version and the player kit (my Gothic did always crash a lot with 1.8k) and because Gothic Evolution is a project that only uses classic resources without modern implementations. It forces myself to find creative solutions, and it also maintains the original/traditional feeling.
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (14.07.2020 um 19:43 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67 Zitieren
    Local Hero

A DIFFICULT RESOLUTION

A DIFFICULT RESOLUTION
    [Bild: A_Difficult_Resolution.jpg]
    GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> Coming Soon.
    Time taken
    : 50 minutes.

Description
    : "The King had no choice
    . He needed to negotiate. He needed the ore." (The Intro FMV)
    Notes
    :

- The scene takes place in Vengard, but there is no Vengard scenery in Gothic 1.
    -
    In this picture, you can see Royal Guards. Of course, it would have been better to place some paladins instead. Obviously, there is no paladin armor in unmodded G1. So, I opted for the royal guard's armor.
    - These are the first pole weapons you can see in the project...they resemble a Bardiche, a pole weapon that was mainly used by Germans, and - not sure abou that - maybe by Polish and Russian people! To create this content, I had to use the hero import/export feature, and this is the first time you can see it applied to this project.
    - In the intro FMV, the scepter of Varant was somewhat tall. In this picture, you can't see the lower part of it, but the scepter is longer than it appears: it touches the lower step.
    - I wasn't able to find an appropriate NPC to depict the messenger (Bloodwyn): in the intro FMV, his hair on the back were shorter than normal, but not that short like in my photo. The King looks great, except for the eyes (Huno). Of course, there is no crown in game and there's no way to replicate it with Marvin Mode.

CHECK THE ORIGINAL FMV SCENE:
    [Bild: 1_OLD.png]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (01.08.2020 um 23:23 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    1) I'm creating new content with nearly invisible watermarks. I also managed to remove the horrible white line with GIMP 2. One of my fans said that the line did trigger him. It started to trigger me too LOL
    I guess I will gradually reupload old pictures with those new features (almost invisible watermark and no white line).
    The new watermark is really better, thank you for that. Also for removing the white line which I didn't like too. I'm glad you removed it.

You won't update the other pictures with the new watermark and the removed white line as well, will you?

2) The Gothic Evolution project might soon take a different route.
    When I look at my photos alone, I personally enjoy them. But with the "suggested music" feature...it's a completely different story! Lot of immersion!
    That's why I'm thinking to open a Youtube channel dedicated to my fan-made Gothic 1 content. In a single video, a picture will be displayed and the related music will play until the end (full track duration). Playlists regrouping videos from the same area (like the old camp) will be created for a more user friendly navigation.
    I've already uploaded a test-video, and the image quality is nearly the original one...even in full screen view. Of course, you must manually switch the video quality to 720 pixels, otherwise, it will look bad.
    So, if my fans will require to continue to upload standard pictures, I will do it for them. Otherwise, I would move to a terrain that in my opinion brings more immersion and more emotions. So, more quality.
    The idea with the YouTube videos is not bad, but I would still like to see uploaded pictures with explanation etc. Would be great if you could provide both in the future.

@JudgeKyle I really appreciate constructive critics. Personally, I love the effect I can obtain with swampweed because it gives some depth to the terrain, so, I won't remove it. BUT...I might try to make it better: for instance, I might try to hide the roots of the swampweed below the ground level. It might be time consuming, but this way the plants would resemble something more close to the grass.
    I won't install the renderer, because it needs the 1.8k version and the player kit (my Gothic did always crash a lot with 1.8k) and because Gothic Evolution is a project that only uses classic resources without modern implementations. It forces myself to find creative solutions, and it also maintains the original/traditional feeling.
    The swampweed is a matter of personal taste I think and since it's your project you can and should decide to use them or not. I generally don't like the look, even with the roots below the ground. It just doesn't look like grass if you ask me.

That you don't want to use the Renderer is understandable. I already thought you want to keep Gothic in the original art style.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to more pictures in the future, keep up your interesting work!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    In Gothic 1 there already is another Vob which is supposed to be grass and is way less obtrusive (and somehow misplaced) than the swampweed. If you do not work with the spacer but only ingame and it can't be "spawned" (don't know if that's possible), you could make the grass vob an item. But spacer would make more sense.
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Page 1/4: All of the first page's photos have been reuploaded with less intrusive watermark and without the white line.
    These pictures are the following ones:
    The great secret of the brotherhood
    Excalibur gothica
    The test of (un)faith
    Sleeping souls of freedom

___

@JudgeKyle
    Yes, as you can see I did already re-uploaded some of them. It's somewhat frustrating cutting away that white line LOL. Sometimes I have to start the whole editing process again because you might still notice a very thin white line..
    Fine then, I will continue to post pictures inside here too. Of course, I will have to remove the "suggested ost" feature, because it will be useless/obsolete.

@Lali
    Do you mean the strawberry stalks? Usually, near the strawberries there's a small plant or some grass stalks. Transforming a vob into an item is a brilliant idea, however, the project only relies on unmodded features. The vob's conversion is a mini mod :-(
    By the way, there is a lot of hidden content in this game. My specialty are not vobs but animations, and I swear there are lots of unused ones: for instance, orcs can use a crossbow, sleep, sit on a chair etc. Or orc dogs can sit and sleep.
    I suspect you could be able to find the intro FMV marksman hat, however, nobody knows the marvin code. My suspect originates from the fact that in the hero export txt you can clearly see an "helmet" body slot. I'm not sure if it's a slot used for full armors with helmet - like the paladin armor in G2 - or just for helmets. In mods like Gothic Dark Mysteries modders were able to add standalone helmets
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (15.07.2020 um 22:52 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Page 1/4: All of the first page's photos have been reuploaded with less intrusive watermark and without the white line.
    These pictures are the following ones:
    The great secret of the brotherhood
    Excalibur gothica
    The test of (un)faith
    Sleeping souls of freedom

@JudgeKyle
    Yes, as you can see I did already re-uploaded some of them. It's somewhat frustrating cutting away that white line LOL. Sometimes I have to start the whole editing process again because you might still notice a very thin white line..
    Thank you very much, looks much better now! Would be great if you could do the same with the other pictures.

Fine then, I will continue to post pictures inside here too. Of course, I will have to remove the "suggested ost" feature, because it will be useless/obsolete.
    That's great, thank you again!

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Every picture has been reuploaded.
    "The Sleeping Bridge" contains modded textures, so, it's not part of the Gothic Evolution project (it was just a placeholder because I didn't have new screenshots to show to my fans). Because of this, I didn't even think to reupload it with a nearly invisible watermark. If someone wishes to store it in an usb key and wants a better watermark, just tell me and I will do the work when I have some spare time.

___

I didn't have much time to study the orcs' animations. BUT I do have a surprise for JudgeKyle: he asked for a photo about the orcs. I did already create it, and in my opinion it looks like one of the higher quality screenshots I ever made, maybe because it's particular and depicts a detailed scenery that wasn't originally available. The associated music (Beliar, G3) brings an epic, scary level of immersion...just like if you were there!!!
    I will upload it...next week LOL (maybe on Friday). I did hide for a lot of time the famous picture about the pole weapons (glaives), so, it's time for it!

___

Does anyone have G2 installed? Could you please write here the animations related to the roasted scavenger stick furniture? I guess it should play in G1 too!
    Just enter in Marvin Mode, press the G button and a list of animations that the player is playing will appear. They start with "s_" or "t_"
    I would also like to know the animations related to the G2 alchemic lab and the rune maker.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73 Zitieren
    Local Hero

MORDRAG'S RING
    [Bild: Mordrag_s_Ring.jpg]

GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SicMO9h9Dg
    Time taken
    : Nearly 2,25 hours (lot of time wasted because when I was done it was nighttime and I had to wait until daytime)

Description: The Nameless Hero did arrive to the New Camp for the first time ever. Mordrag offers him a precious ring and the chance to meet Lares. The Hero is not too sure about this choice and is thinking about it.
    Notes:
    - To be honest, the Hero did turn to our side because I just wanted to show you the ring. As a consequence of this pose, it looks like he is not too sure about meeting Lares.
    - These sort of spears aren't spears (look at the weapons' head). They are called "glaives" and they share with the spear the fact that they are pole weapons.
    - I think that's the first picture where I decorate the scenario with items leaning on walls. Can you see those two bows? I'm talking about them.
    - Mordrag is playing a new animation (say goodbye with a bow on a shoulder).
    - One of the mercenaries is Jarvis. He should be wearing medium armor, but for this screenshots I thought the heavy armor would be really badass.
    - I did use a black guy instead of the other Jarvis' companions because I wanted to create some contrast and highlight Jarvis because he's the key NPC in that area of the Camp (for real, I'm not joking).
    - I don't like the fact that Jarvis looks smaller than the other guy. I didn't edit their scale, so, it might be possible that the terrain is not completely flat. The spears are not placed at the same height (it's not possible doing it with precision), but it's only a difference about some millimeters.

CHECK THE ORIGINAL SCENE BEFORE MY SNAPSHOT:
    [Bild: q6I6GGQsPkk6cqqa1_OLD.png]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (11.10.2020 um 14:23 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Every picture has been reuploaded.
    Thank you very much!

"The Sleeping Bridge" contains modded textures, so, it's not part of the Gothic Evolution project (it was just a placeholder because I didn't have new screenshots to show to my fans). Because of this, I didn't even think to reupload it with a nearly invisible watermark. If someone wishes to store it in an usb key and wants a better watermark, just tell me and I will do the work when I have some spare time.
    Here! Actually I'm really adding your pictures to the "Extras" folder of my Gothic Backup on an external HDD.

BUT I do have a surprise for JudgeKyle
    Sounds great, looking forward to see it!

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75 Zitieren
    Local Hero

SEAT OF POWER (G1 Iconic Artwork Remake)

SEAT OF POWER
    [Bild: Seat_of_Power___No_Frame.jpg]
    GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl5fEB2RHvk
    Time taken
    : 1,45 hours

Description
    : The iconic G1 artwork now has its own in-game remake.
    Notes:
    - This is the Official Gothic Evolution Picture, but I only created it after nearly a year since the project did start. The first post now contains a copy of this picture with a wooden frame. Go and check it out!
    - The chief is portrayed by...Fingers (LOL, that's so funny).
    - The blonde girl is playing the female death animation, I just freezed her before she did fall to the ground (that's creepy).
    - Velaya's back is floating in mid-air. There was nothing I could do about it: put the girl lower and the foot will move below the floor.
    - Thanks to Lali's knowledge (Lali is one of the more experienced gothic players/modders, and the author of the Gothic Orpheus Project for Skyrim), we can say the guy portrayed is probably the Alpha version of Gomez. However, Piranha Bytes never confirmed that.
    - Did you know you can manipulate chest-lid's animation without Marvin Mode? Just try to open the treasury chest as usual, then unsheathe your weapon before the inventory menu appears.

CHECK THE ORIGINAL ARTWORK:
    [Bild: 4n1_OLD.jpg]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (30.08.2020 um 19:19 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Lord Rhapthorne

Lord Rhapthorne ist offline
    Is it even confirmed who this is?
    Gomez doesnt make sense since their faces dont match
    the guy who was in charge of the colony before could be him but then the women wouldnt match since they dont appear ingame and i cant imagine the prisoners killing them for obvious prisoner reasons
    and Rhobar doesnt make sense either since i cant imagine a king posing like that with women, his face doesnt match and he doesnt wear a crown

My best guess would be that its the Burgmar guy who owned the mountain fortress where the stone dragon is in G2 but thats just because hes the only one who would match since we dont have any info on him (OR DO WE?????)

also the armor bugs me, why is there a carving of the crucifixion on it?
    anyways great job

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    As far as we know, its Gomez' as he was in the Alpha.
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78 Zitieren
    Local Hero

I did read too that the guy *might* be the previous owner of the mountain fortress. But it wasn't an official Piranha Bytes' revelation.
    I don't think he might be Gomez. That armor was weared by various very powerful chiefs. I guess the G1 developers didn't want to create other armor variations (except for the normal baron armor) and they recycled the same armor for different key characters. For instance, Rhobar II in Gothic 1 wears the same armor of Gomez. But in Gothic 3 he wears a completely different armor set.

We do only have a chance to find out the truth.
    I just opened the Gothic Evolution Youtube channel and I did already upload the first video. But before showing it to you I must find a way to contact Kai Rosenkranz about music permissions. I did sent him a private message on Facebook, but I doubt he will accept and read my request, because he doesn't know me.
    However, if he replies, with the occasion I could ask him who's the G1 artwork guy... Fine, he is a composer and he didn't create the artwork, but he did work in the PB team.
    Does anyone of the German users have any contact with him? I might need some help...

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79 Zitieren
    Local Hero

THE LION'S DEN

THE LION'S DEN
    [Bild: The_Lion_s_Den.jpg]
    GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTiRqAUGaV8
    Time taken
    : I don't remember...more or less 2,30 hours.

Description
    : The leader of the Orc Town varrags (=shamans) is waiting for you...
    Notes:
    - This picture features two unused animations: orc dog sleeping + orc sitting on a chair. I created a custom animation for the orc warriors' pose.
    - Thanks to the Hero Import/Export feature, I was able to create a new orcish weapon (and in my opinion it looks pretty cool). I called it "Krush Tarpach". It's a bardiche, and it's a fusion between the impressive dimensions of the Krush Tarach pole weapon and the Krush Pach normal axe.
    - Strangely enough, this throne room was left unfinished by the developers. There were no orcs in there. I can only suppose inside of the tribe there is a king shaman and 4 shamans who act like minor chiefs or assistants (I'm talking about the 4 shamans near the Sleeper's small statue - the statue you can grab with telekinesis).
    - The original room previous to my artwork did already contain some skulls. However, I decided to place two other skulls near the orc shaman's foot. They aren't placed with precision, but I wasn't able to do better. On the contrary, the rotting sewered human head in the middle looks placed pretty well.
    - I didn't use difficult tecniques to place those skulls and that rotting head: they are just two skeletons and a zombie, but I did hide their bodies below the ground level.

CHECK THE ORIGINAL SCENE BEFORE MY SNAPSHOT:
    [Bild: 1a1sRuIcfqyUd1_OLD.png]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (18.10.2020 um 12:06 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    About the picture of the (Alpha) Gomez: lali is the creator of the (still growing) Gothic archive and he also tries to recreate the Alpha with the modification Orpheus (and the Sequel later on). I think there aren't a lot of people who have knowledge about Gothic as much as he has. Of course he can be wrong, but I believe it's true what he said about the picture (Gomez from the Alpha).

About your new picture: I like it very much and I really hope you can show us some more of the Orcs and their culture! A picture with the hero and his friend Ur-Shak would be great I think.

Talking about the unused animations and the unfinished throne room in the Orc City, I'm sure lali can give us more information. As far as I know it's all related to the Alpha, many ideas weren't finished and were not used in the end. A long story arc with the Orcs and the Orc City was planned but cancelled in the end. I think lali once said, that maybe one of the biggest story parts was unfortunately cancelled (the hero should even be able to learn the Orc language).

Too bad, because I also think it would have been very interesting to see all of this. Luckily lali is working on Orpheus and we will experience it someday in the future.

Seite 4 von 12 « Erste 1234567811 ... Letzte »