Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 2 von 12 « Erste 1234569 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 236
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21 Zitieren
    Local Hero

DavideMiragliaPH ist offline
    Y Berion was speaking to the people of the Brotherhood. In my mind, this way a pretty rare event just like the one during the Great Evocation FLV.

I agree. Most times, a temple should be a quiet place. In a normal scene, there would be something like 5 guys isolated praying on their own. The bosses would not be there for a public speech.

I did choose the extraordinary function event because the temple looks so massive but inside it's completely dark and empty. There are no props except for those four braciers. I don't consider the rooms near Y Berion's chair because they are a private area and I'm only referring to the public part of the building.

Oh I just forgot to say something. A scene like this does already exist in-game and it happens inside of a temple (Temple of the Sleeper).
    I'm referring to Cor Kalom and his fanatic novices. That was a crowded extraordinary event taking place inside of a temple.
    This might be the proof that - in the Sect religion - crowds and speeches inside of temples are an acceptable..or even necessary..practice
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (15.10.2019 um 10:46 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22 Zitieren
    Local Hero

THE PROTECTION BUSINESS

THE PROTECTION BUSINESS
    [Bild: The_Protection_Business.jpg]
    GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> Coming Soon.
    Time taken
    : 3,35 hours

Description: It's plain day. The Old Camp streets are pretty crowded. Some inhabitants are approaching Nek in order to pay the daily protection tax.
    Notes:
    - This is a new-unique scenery, because when the Hero approaches the Old Camp for the first time, Nek is already dead. Unlike what might happen with other NPCs (Baal Parvez, the Orc Cemetery templars, etc), in-game it's not possible to save the guard from molerats: he already starts as a dead character just like the Chromanin stranger.
    - The daily protection tax is about 10 ore pieces. On the table you can see 9 ore pieces. The stranger is going to put on the table the last piece.
    - There are some new animations. Check them out. Can you see them?
    - The shadow with heavy armor that stands at the hut's entrance is Scatty. I know he doesn't live there, but I thought it was a good idea to insert him inside of this art because he is the key character of that district's area.

CHECK THE ORIGINAL SCENE BEFORE MY SNAPSHOT:
    [Bild: qChwLv3T8S1__OLD.png]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (01.08.2020 um 23:10 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23 Zitieren
    Aus dem Reich der Mitte Avatar von JudgeKyle

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sternchenfarbe Beitrag anzeigen
    Sometimes an empty place is better
    Not everything has to be filled with life
    I agree with you too, but I just wanted to tell you that you can find those kind of scenes in real life temples too.
    Sometimes you can see a lot of monks praying at the same time in the temple.

Zitat Zitat von DavideMiragliaPH Beitrag anzeigen
    Y Berion was speaking to the people of the Brotherhood. In my mind, this way a pretty rare event just like the one during the Great Evocation FLV.

I agree. Most times, a temple should be a quiet place. In a normal scene, there would be something like 5 guys isolated praying on their own. The bosses would not be there for a public speech.

I did choose the extraordinary function event because the temple looks so massive but inside it's completely dark and empty. There are no props except for those four braciers. I don't consider the rooms near Y Berion's chair because they are a private area and I'm only referring to the public part of the building.

Oh I just forgot to say something. A scene like this does already exist in-game and it happens inside of a temple (Temple of the Sleeper).
    I'm referring to Cor Kalom and his fanatic novices. That was a crowded extraordinary event taking place inside of a temple.
    This might be the proof that - in the Sect religion - crowds and speeches inside of temples are an acceptable..or even necessary..practice
    That's true and as I said too: If you see it as a very special event, which only occurs very seldom, it fits pretty well.

The new picture is pretty crowded but still a possible scene I think.
    I like to see how the Buddler (Stranger in the English version?) is paying the tax.

And to answer your question from earlier: No, I never ever paid the tax to anyone!

One more thing I need to say is, that it still looks kind of strange to me to see a guard riding on a razor.
    But I guess it's a matter of taste and own imagination if you can tame and even riding them or not.
    Geändert von JudgeKyle (15.10.2019 um 21:08 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Nice work again. Some things: I do not like the idea that Y'Berion is standing ON the altar. Thats a bit strange. The altar is supposed to be a sacred table, where you do not stand on with your feet. On the second screen I like the ore taxes; items on tables are always atmospheric and we use it a lot too. But other than that the scene is too full for me. Why should that be going on there? For example, who would sharpen his weapon on his grindstone in the midst of douzens of people going there?
    But this place is especially awkward for me because of the original meaning of it. Directly above this shelter is a waste pipe which also had an pfx effect in the alpha, so originally the shelter wasn't there and it has a bit of a different meaning, because there was waste water falling down exactly at this position. And apart from that, the table is used for getting the betting (how is that called?) for the fights. Also: The "taxes" are not "taxes" but protection money. This protection money is not something "official" invented by Gomez, but its just the Guards using their power to get more money. And therefore it makes sense, that it is done directly from Digger to Guard, underhand, not as some official thing going on in the middle of everyone. But thats just my personal lore things, I really honour all the work you put in there!
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25 Zitieren
    Aus dem Reich der Mitte Avatar von JudgeKyle

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    I do not like the idea that Y'Berion is standing ON the altar. Thats a bit strange. The altar is supposed to be a sacred table, where you do not stand on with your feet.
    Now where you mention it..
    That's really a bit strange as you shouldn't stand or walk on an altar.
    But overall I still like the scene pretty much.

On the second screen I like the ore taxes; items on tables are always atmospheric and we use it a lot too. But other than that the scene is too full for me. Why should that be going on there? For example, who would sharpen his weapon on his grindstone in the midst of douzens of people going there?
    But this place is especially awkward for me because of the original meaning of it. Directly above this shelter is a waste pipe which also had an pfx effect in the alpha, so originally the shelter wasn't there and it has a bit of a different meaning, because there was waste water falling down exactly at this position. And apart from that, the table is used for getting the betting (how is that called?) for the fights. Also: The "taxes" are not "taxes" but protection money. This protection money is not something "official" invented by Gomez, but its just the Guards using their power to get more money. And therefore it makes sense, that it is done directly from Digger to Guard, underhand, not as some official thing going on in the middle of everyone. But thats just my personal lore things, I really honour all the work you put in there!
    I wrote it too already: It's pretty crowded (maybe a bit too crowded) and after you remind me that the "taxes" are not
    "taxes" but protection money, I think that it shouldn't be like in the picture; as you said it's not an official thing going on.

But I also need to say, it's still an awesome work and I would really like to see more.
    Except guards riding a razor, which still feels very strange to me.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Thanks for the interesting feedbacks guys!

_______

ABOUT THE PROTECTION BUSINESS SCENERY

We do have a different vision of the protection "tax". Of course, it's not a real tax...it's an extortion...but hey the penal colony is full of sociopaths and Gomez is a psychopath without a moral code. Those guys would do anything to take your money. They have no empathy at all and they are merciless.

In my mind, it's something OFFICIAL, because
    1) There are clear rules about how it works. There's a digger who lives in the Arena District...he has a pickaxe on his back and he's named Guy...he will even explain how does the procedure work in case two people that did pay start a fight.
    2) Each district is covered by this "service"(crime). It's not about a guard who wants more money/power. The protection business covers the entire Outer Ring. It sounds strange a thing like this is a covert affair.
    3) As I said, tons of Colony guys are sociopaths (= you can find lots of sociopaths on jail) or psychopaths. The Old Camp ruler in my opinion does have a cluster B disorder (psychopath), so in my opinion he might be a ruler who allows criminal extortions just like they were a normal administrative procedure. Check for instance the Filipino president Duterte: an official psychological report by doctor Dayan says he's a psychopath. When he was a major, he did personally kill people because they were simply suspected to be involved in the drugs business. Those kind of guys can show up a brutal, criminal behavior. However, they think it's ok to do those kind of things. It's pure administration.
    4) Also, we don't have any proof about how the money is collected: there are no guards visiting each hut in ordeer to talk about the "tax"...also, we don't even see a scene like the one in my picture. This might be a +1 point for our fantasy. When I don't know, I simply imagine something that supports my thesis

However, you are right when you say the scenery is way much crowded.
    I think I shouldn't have added so many NPCs.
    It's just...you know...I do imagine the Old Camp as the most crowded place in the Colony. It's the only camp where you can see people from everywhere wandering around the streets: mercenaries might be there for Arena fights, thieves for stealing goods, novices to teach their religion or sell their weed for Cor Kalom, the templars do have an agreement about the mine crawlers and might be on their way to the Old Mine, etc. There are lots of locals too!

________

ABOUT THE SECT RELIGIOUS FUNCTION

I know, that thing might be an altar instead of a stone table. I just used psychology in order to make appear the three bosses like the most important and most powerful NPCs in that scenery.
    They do stand in a dominant position, while the others are on ground level.

_________

TODAY OR TOMORROW...NEW SECT PIC
    You will like it!
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (01.11.2019 um 12:23 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27 Zitieren
    Local Hero

THE CURSED EXPEDITION

THE CURSED EXPEDITION
    [Bild: The_Cursed_Expedition.jpg]

GOTHIC EVOLUTION ENHANCED EDITION Youtube Link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUCm-m8K9e8
    Time taken
    : more or less 2,30 hours

Description
    : Angar did send some of his templars to an orc cave that was "suggested" by the Sleeper during the Great Invocation. Almost everyone is near the entrance, but something shady moves in the darkness. Something is going to be wrong and nobody will come back to their home.
    Notes:
    - In this pic you can find a dual wielder (his swords are thin, though) and an arrow quiver without arrows (just watch the archer on the left).
    - My Windows 10 capture software did cut in half the beautiful Sword of Victory. Sigh.
    - Did you know you can save all or almost all the templars if you're strong and quick enough?! However, they will only breath. They won't be able to talk, to react to an aggression or to move.

CHECK THE ORIGINAL SCENE BEFORE MY SNAPSHOT:
    [Bild: iskCVPqj1_OLD.png]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (30.08.2020 um 17:37 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

Woozel ist offline
    I never asked because I kind of ignored it but everytime you post something in this thread I get kind of triggered by the white borders around your screenshots
    Why don't you take the screenshots in Fullscreen or Borderless Windowed Mode?
    Geändert von Woozel (06.11.2019 um 18:20 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von glozee

glozee ist offline
    Why was my post deleted? Critic seems undesired. You seem to have too much active users..

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Hattest irgendwas von nicht aktiviertem Anti-Aliasing geschrieben oder so, weswegen es hässlich wäre oder? Weiß nicht ob das überhaupt Kritik ist. Du magst ja Gothic hässlich finden oder es nur mit Renderer mögen, aber er offenbar nicht. Vermutlich hat man's deshalb für einen Trollpost gehalten, der nur den Threadersteller runtermachen wollte. Aber könntest es ja ausführen.

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #31 Zitieren

nomina nuda tenemus

Der Zirkel um Xardas im Forenrollenspiel
    Don-Esteban ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von glozee Beitrag anzeigen
    Why was my post deleted? Critic seems undesired. You seem to have too much active users..
    Dein Post war keine Kritik, er war beleidigend bzw. herabwürdigend.

Ich hatte erst überlegt, dich dafür zu verwarnen, aber das war mir dann zu viel Arbeit und ich habs bei einer Löschung belassen.

Hätte ich vorher gewusst, dass du dich beschwerst, hätte ich dich natürlich verwarnt, denn dann wärst du informiert gewesen und hättest nicht nachfragen müssen.

Vielleicht solltest du einfach zuerst einmal den Unterschied zwischen Beleidigung und Kritik erlernen, ehe du dich in ein Internetforum wagst und dort dann nur zweiteres anbringen, wenn dir etwas nicht gefällt.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32 Zitieren

glozee ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Don-Esteban Beitrag anzeigen
    Dein Post war keine Kritik, er war beleidigend bzw. herabwürdigend.

Ich hatte erst überlegt, dich dafür zu verwarnen, aber das war mir dann zu viel Arbeit und ich habs bei einer Löschung belassen.

Hätte ich vorher gewusst, dass du dich beschwerst, hätte ich dich natürlich verwarnt, denn dann wärst du informiert gewesen und hättest nicht nachfragen müssen.

Vielleicht solltest du einfach zuerst einmal den Unterschied zwischen Beleidigung und Kritik erlernen, ehe du dich in ein Internetforum wagst und dort dann nur zweiteres anbringen, wenn dir etwas nicht gefällt.
    Wenn ich schreibe, dass seine Bilder wie Scheisse aussehen und das nicht isoliert schreibe, sondern anbringe, dass er nicht mal AA aktiviert hat (AF anscheinend übrigens auch nicht, aber etwas künstlerisch tolles hier präsentieren will), eine im Videospielbereich wirklich "basic" Bildverbesserung, mit fast jedem Grafikkartentreiber in Gothic realisierbar, dann mag das polemisch sein, aber es ist trotzdem Kritik und keine Beleidigung. Ich schrieb nicht, dass er unfähig wäre oder er selbst Scheisse oder Ähnliches.

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #33 Zitieren

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34 Zitieren

glozee ist offline
    Na dann diskutiert doch in eurer Privatveranstaltung immer schön im Kreis weiter alleine.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35 Zitieren
    Local Hero

I do always answer to comments. Yesterday I did see and ignore yours because it seemed like you were trolling me...just like someone else said. It's not a surprise to me that a moderator did delete your content. I did expect this because of your behavior. I can't see a critic in that kind of aggressive language.
    However, since you are effectively not trolling me and since the second message did contain a good language, I will answer to your questions.

First of all, this is how Gothic looks like. It's a 2001 game and those are the graphics. Unless you do install that famous Direct X modification or particular texture packs (textures wouldn't still change the models' style...however). I know there are some cool modifications out there, but my decision was to take classic-style snapshots. The models are what they are (2001 models, which were fenomenal back in 2001). When possible, I try to add details with the help of creativity (check the grass in some pics) but everything should look classic.
    In poor words, you are free to say you don't absolutely like my work/you don't like some things about my pics (how I do place NPCs, my watermark, lore-unfriendly things etc). But hey...that's Gothic 1 and its graphics. If you don't like them, I guess this subforum that talks about "very" old games is not for you. Gothic 3 and Arcania might be better choices.

Second point:
    I did a lot of tweaks in the original Gothic, but I know nothing about this "Antialiasing" you are talking about. At least, I don't think it's a feature incorporated in Gothic and I don't think you can find it in "very" old games.
    There's a small-basilar graphic options menu where you can't see that kind of setting.
    There are some interesting Marvin tweaks...but they do control the draw distance (zfogzone and zhighqualityrender). It seems the second one slightly improves the image quality. However, I do use them only where you should be able to see distant landscape. The image quality might change, but not much.
    The only things I did never tweak were the .ini files...Sounds kinda strange to me you can find antialiasing in the ini settings. As I read, you can find some interesting things like the gore level etc...but Antialiasing..........
    In poor words...I do feel soo confused about this Antialiasing LOL I don't really understand where you did find it....

@Woozel
    Hi and thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to (re)play this game in fullscreen mode.
    I didn't experience this problem with my old good personal computer. Of course, I don't have it anymore.
    I could edit each image in GIMP 2...but I will post lots of pics and everyday I do have much things to do. So, I don't think the extra effort would be a worth-to-do thing. This is a free-to-view content and in my opinion it could be ok to upload pics like this.
    :-)
    However, I do agree with you....that blank white line doesn't look that great LOL. But it shouldn't be an important problem because it's located over of the scenery.... Unless...
    Hey! If someone thinks to know how I can fix this problem about the fullscreen/windowed mode, say it! If I can fix it, I will do it and Woozel+everyone else will be happier.
    Of course, the old pics I did already take will be uploaded with that blank white line in the upper part of the screen.
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (06.11.2019 um 18:19 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

Woozel ist offline
    [...]
    @Woozel
    Hi and thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to (re)play this game in fullscreen mode.
    I didn't experience this problem with my old good personal computer. Of course, I don't have it anymore.
    I could edit each image in GIMP 2...but I will post lots of pics and everyday I do have much things to do. So, I don't think the extra effort would be a worth-to-do thing. This is a free-to-view content and in my opinion it could be ok to upload pics like this.
    :-)
    However, I do agree with you....that blank white line doesn't look that great LOL. But it shouldn't be an important problem because it's located over of the scenery.... Unless...
    Hey! If someone thinks to know how I can fix this problem about the fullscreen/windowed mode, say it! If I can fix it, I will do it and Woozel+everyone else will be happier.
    Of course, the old pics I did already take will be uploaded with that blank white line in the upper part of the screen.
    Well there are a few fixes to install for modern systems to fix the white border, it depends what you are willing to install.
    There is a fullscreen fix available for Windows 7 or 8 (I'm not sure) and higher that applies some changes in Windows so the white border disappears.
    you can easily find it if you search online for "Gothic Fullscreen fix" or something similiar.

But that fix is outdated since there is the Gothic 1/2 Systempack available:
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...-%28ENG-DEU%29

If you follow the patch/ installation routine for Gothic 1 in that thread Fullscreen will be working again including tons of optimizations for the game to run better on modern systems and other fixes for Gothic 1 like removing the 25FPS limit so the game will run much smoother.
    For taking screenshots the changes will not be visibile anyway (except for the white border of course).

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37 Zitieren

glozee ist offline

I do always answer to comments. Yesterday I did see and ignore yours because it seemed like you were trolling me...just like someone else said. It's not a surprise to me that a moderator did delete your content. I did expect this because of your behavior. I can't see a critic in that kind of aggressive language.
    However, since you are effectively not trolling me and since the second message did contain a good language, I will answer to your questions.

First of all, this is how Gothic looks like. It's a 2001 game and those are the graphics. Unless you do install that famous Direct X modification or particular texture packs (textures wouldn't still change the models' style...however). I know there are some cool modifications out there, but my decision was to take classic-style snapshots. The models are what they are (2001 models, which were fenomenal back in 2001). When possible, I try to add details with the help of creativity (check the grass in some pics) but everything should look classic.
    In poor words, you are free to say you don't absolutely like my work/you don't like some things about my pics (how I do place NPCs, my watermark, lore-unfriendly things etc). But hey...that's Gothic 1 and its graphics. If you don't like them, I guess this subforum that talks about "very" old games is not for you. Gothic 3 and Arcania might be better choices.

Second point:
    I did a lot of tweaks in the original Gothic, but I know nothing about this "Antialiasing" you are talking about. At least, I don't think it's a feature incorporated in Gothic and I don't think you can find it in "very" old games.
    There's a small-basilar graphic options menu where you can't see that kind of setting.
    There are some interesting Marvin tweaks...but they do control the draw distance (zfogzone and zhighqualityrender). It seems the second one slightly improves the image quality. However, I do use them only where you should be able to see distant landscape. The image quality might change, but not much.
    The only things I did never tweak were the .ini files...Sounds kinda strange to me you can find antialiasing in the ini settings. As I read, you can find some interesting things like the gore level etc...but Antialiasing..........
    In poor words...I do feel soo confused about this Antialiasing LOL I don't really understand where you did find it....

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von glozee Beitrag anzeigen
    Wenn ich schreibe, dass seine Bilder wie Scheisse aussehen und das nicht isoliert schreibe, sondern anbringe, dass er nicht mal AA aktiviert hat (AF anscheinend übrigens auch nicht, aber etwas künstlerisch tolles hier präsentieren will), eine im Videospielbereich wirklich "basic" Bildverbesserung, mit fast jedem Grafikkartentreiber in Gothic realisierbar, dann mag das polemisch sein, aber es ist trotzdem Kritik und keine Beleidigung.
    ist halt ein typischer Grafikhuren-Kommentar und durchaus nahe am Trolling.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Naja, ich würde ja z.B. Dusk, dem relativ neuen Oldschool Shooter, nie im Leben absprechen, was künstlerisch "Tolles" zu sein. Für mich der beste Shooter seit vielen Jahren, bei weitem. Sehr originelles Leveldesign, ziemlich coole Atmosphäre und das mit diesen einfachsten Mitteln und bewusstem Verzicht auf alle möglichen, modernen Grafikstandards und Effekte. Als Stilmittel. Es soll halt so aussehen und dieser Look hat seine eigene Ästhetik. Diese Kanten etc. fallen mir z.B. gar nicht auf. Das geht beim Spielen eigentlich ziemlich unter. Ich werd das mit den Grafikkartentreibereinstellungen auch mal ausprobieren, nur zum Vergleich. Aber hässlich finde ich es wirklich nicht, vorallem nicht im Hinblick auf Kunst. Du kannst halt auch einen tollen Screenshot in der alten Doom Engine machen oder so. Auch dafür wurde ja jüngst erst wieder ein "Addon" vom ursprünglichen Schöpfer entwickelt. Ich freue mich sehr darüber, dass sich die Spieleentwicklung dahingehend verändert, dass man jetzt nicht mehr zwischen "guter" und "schlechter" Grafik unterscheidet, sondern dass es jetzt vielmehr um verschiedene Stile und Designentscheidungen geht und dass man immer öfter Spiele in alten Engines und in nem älteren Grafikstil entwickelt. Dadurch entsteht eine ganz andere Vielfalt und schöne, neue Titel, die ebenso vor 20 Jahren hätten veröffentlicht werden können und dadurch ein Feeling zurückbringen, von dem man vielleicht dachte, dass man es nie wieder würde haben können, weil diese Art Spiel einfach nicht mehr entwickelt wurde in einem gewissen Wahn, dass sich immer alles ändern müsste, statt auf bewährtem aufzubauen. Genauso wie bei Gothic halt. Bis heute gibt es kein Spiel, das ansatzweise all das bietet, was Gothic damals zu bieten hatte oder bieten wollte und was für die Entwickler damals zentral war. Diese radikale Vision haben sie seitdem leider auch selbst schon lange verloren, aber damals war es revolutionär und es hat dem noch niemand nachgeeifert. Es gab Titel, die davon inspiriert waren, aber dann immer nur von wenigen Aspekten. In der Summe ist es unerreicht.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40 Zitieren

glozee ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gothaholic Beitrag anzeigen
    ist halt ein typischer Grafikhuren-Kommentar und durchaus nahe am Trolling.
    Was ist dein Kommentar anderes als "trolling".

[...]
    Ich hab doch gar nichts gegen Gothic 1 gesagt.

Geändert von glozee (07.11.2019 um 17:18 Uhr)

Seite 2 von 12 « Erste 1234569 ... Letzte »