Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Flatcher Goth

Flatcher Goth ist offline

Post Theory of magic after the gods. Gothic 3

As we all know the canon, the ending in Gothic 3 is the ending for Xardas. At this end, the nameless and Xardas expel the gods. As we know from Gothic 1, the gods bestow magic on people. In Gothic 3 we learn about a clear classification of magic. This is the magic of domination, the magic of transformation, and the magic of invocation. Each type corresponds to a separate god (Innos, Adanos, Beliar). We also know that every god has his own world. As Saturus said in Gothic 2, earlier both Innos and Beliar could directly change the world. But after the events of divine wars, and imbalance, Adanos forbade his brothers to be in his world. Thus, we learned that the world of Adanos is the world in which we play. Then the question arises: where do the nameless and Xardas go? This question is left for later.

Obviously, after the gods were banished, the magic disappeared. Well, most likely this is not entirely true. The magic of the ore apparently should have remained, for it was made together with this world. Magic in ore does not have a divine classification. This is pure mana. Therefore, runic stones can be made from ore, and any runes can be obtained, depending on what the magician specifically wants. But there is one problem. Javier, the head of the rebels in Reddock, mentions that besides the runes, the ore also lost its strength. Perhaps only the ore lost its magic, and the magic in the runes disappeared, because the runes are also made from ore.

What other sources of magic are there? Now we pass to the main part. Since we are banishing the gods from our world of them, it turns out that Adanos has no where to go. Morgrad is the world of Adanos. As a result, we get the following: the magic of transformation was to remain in this world. But what about all the magic from this thread? In the magic of transformation there should be spells that were not in Gothic 3, for example, "storm". In Gothic 3, we are shown all the magic of an ancient people. Yes, she is not so diverse, but still. The rest of the magic that was shown in Gothic 1, 2 forever disappeared. What about teleportation runes? They probably stayed too. More precisely, not runes, but teleportation stones. What is their difference? Well it's hard to say. First of all, what you should understand, teleportation stones, these are not runes of teleportation.Otherwise, by analogy with the runes, they could not work. But by the same analogy, it becomes clear that the most important difference is that the teleportation stones are not made from ore. Perhaps they are made of teleportation crystals, which remained in the resources of Gothic 1, but were never realized. What about druid stones? Here, too, everything is simple. The stones are not unconnected with ore, which means that the absence of runic magic will not affect them. Also, everything related to the transformation is part of the magic of Adanos. And finally, what about the scrolls? Most likely, all scrolls associated with the magic of transformation will remain. Including those that were not shown in G3. This applies to scrolls of teleportation, and transformation. The rest of the magic may disappear. Although why did the sleeping magic not disappear? Sleeping magic is a mixture of Beliar magic and Adanos magic. This is unique magic with a few exceptions. So she will disappear immediately after the disappearance of Beliar.

Well, something like this. I painted my version about magic in the world after the expulsion of the gods. Write your versions, and point out my mistakes!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Novice777 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Flatcher Goth Beitrag anzeigen
    As we all know the canon, the ending in Gothic 3 is the ending for Xardas. At this end, the nameless and Xardas expel the gods. As we know from Gothic 1, the gods bestow magic on people. In Gothic 3 we learn about a clear classification of magic. This is the magic of domination, the magic of transformation, and the magic of invocation. Each type corresponds to a separate god (Innos, Adanos, Beliar). We also know that every god has his own world. As Saturus said in Gothic 2, earlier both Innos and Beliar could directly change the world. But after the events of divine wars, and imbalance, Adanos forbade his brothers to be in his world. Thus, we learned that the world of Adanos is the world in which we play. Then the question arises: where do the nameless and Xardas go? This question is left for later.

Obviously, after the gods were banished, the magic disappeared. Well, most likely this is not entirely true. The magic of the ore apparently should have remained, for it was made together with this world. Magic in ore does not have a divine classification. This is pure mana. Therefore, runic stones can be made from ore, and any runes can be obtained, depending on what the magician specifically wants. But there is one problem. Javier, the head of the rebels in Reddock, mentions that besides the runes, the ore also lost its strength. Perhaps only the ore lost its magic, and the magic in the runes disappeared, because the runes are also made from ore.

What other sources of magic are there? Now we pass to the main part. Since we are banishing the gods from our world of them, it turns out that Adanos has no where to go. Morgrad is the world of Adanos. As a result, we get the following: the magic of transformation was to remain in this world. But what about all the magic from this thread? In the magic of transformation there should be spells that were not in Gothic 3, for example, "storm". In Gothic 3, we are shown all the magic of an ancient people. Yes, she is not so diverse, but still. The rest of the magic that was shown in Gothic 1, 2 forever disappeared. What about teleportation runes? They probably stayed too. More precisely, not runes, but teleportation stones. What is their difference? Well it's hard to say. First of all, what you should understand, teleportation stones, these are not runes of teleportation.Otherwise, by analogy with the runes, they could not work. But by the same analogy, it becomes clear that the most important difference is that the teleportation stones are not made from ore. Perhaps they are made of teleportation crystals, which remained in the resources of Gothic 1, but were never realized. What about druid stones? Here, too, everything is simple. The stones are not unconnected with ore, which means that the absence of runic magic will not affect them. Also, everything related to the transformation is part of the magic of Adanos. And finally, what about the scrolls? Most likely, all scrolls associated with the magic of transformation will remain. Including those that were not shown in G3. This applies to scrolls of teleportation, and transformation. The rest of the magic may disappear. Although why did the sleeping magic not disappear? Sleeping magic is a mixture of Beliar magic and Adanos magic. This is unique magic with a few exceptions. So she will disappear immediately after the disappearance of Beliar.

Well, something like this. I painted my version about magic in the world after the expulsion of the gods. Write your versions, and point out my mistakes!
    Hello Flatcher Goth!
    I like your theories, also the ones from other threads recently, cool stuff!
    Even though I really enjoy these games, the lore always seemed very strange to me. In the first 2 games, the lore was very subtle and believable. In the 3d with the banishment of runes, the introduction of druids and other magicians, the decision the hero has to make to either be the avatar of a god or leave the world, all this just seemed to me that PB was trying out new things. They most probably couldn't finish all their ideas, as we know they had to release the game early. So I always wished PB would finish Gothic 3 in some way, but they made similar mistakes with their Risen series too.
    Nevertheless keep up spreeding your ideas.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Novice777 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello Flatcher Goth!
    I like your theories, also the ones from other threads recently, cool stuff!
    Even though I really enjoy these games, the lore always seemed very strange to me. In the first 2 games, the lore was very subtle and believable. In the 3d with the banishment of runes, the introduction of druids and other magicians, the decision the hero has to make to either be the avatar of a god or leave the world, all this just seemed to me that PB was trying out new things. They most probably couldn't finish all their ideas, as we know they had to release the game early. So I always wished PB would finish Gothic 3 in some way, but they made similar mistakes with their Risen series too.
    Nevertheless keep up spreeding your ideas.
    thank you

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Feuerbarde

Feuerbarde ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Novice777 Beitrag anzeigen
    [...]I like your theories, also the ones from other threads recently, cool stuff![...]
    I can sign that. Flatcher Goth is an interesting user who deals with the history of Gothic. On my part, he is appreciated for his support and can be of service to international cooperation if he wishes to do so.
    Aktueller Zustand: Bin zuhause, viel am schlafen aber sonst geht es. (PMs hole ich dieses Wochende nach)
    Pflegestufe 3 ist DURCH !!!, Behinderten Prozente 100% mit Begleitung Bearbeitung, physisch und psychologisch arg angeschlagen.

[Bild: 47439305ao.png]

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Sporthistoriker Beitrag anzeigen
    I can sign that. Flatcher Goth is an interesting user who deals with the history of Gothic. On my part, he is appreciated for his support and can be of service to international cooperation if he wishes to do so.
    Thank. I have a lot of interesting material that I will gradually publish.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von weisskeinennamen

weisskeinennamen ist offline
    I like the theory. I would like it to be true.
    But did the magic of G3 really disappear?
    I mean some mages already learned the spells and myxir was able to learn a new spell from a stone tablet and then he taught it to me If the scrolls remain, the spells should too, or shoulnd they?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Bücherwolf  Avatar von HerrFenrisWolf

HerrFenrisWolf ist offline
    We too handle teleportation stones not as runes. With the "disapperance" of the gods come even more philosophical problems. If you take their titles literally Innos is the sun, while Beliar is the night. Will day/night cycles disappear with them? I don't think so. My own theory is, Beliar and Innos may be banished from Adanos realm, but not entirely. They are banished in way so they can't directly communicate with humans like the hero, Rhobar II or Zuben anymore. They can't give there magic to worshippers at shrines or answer prayers anymore and they won't be able to send new Avatars to Adanos realm, but they are still there.

They are still there in the sense of: there is still light, dark, order, chaos, law and death. While they became unable to influence the humans directly, humans still will have their ways to use their magic, may it by runes or trough hard training the magic of old like in Gothic 3.

The actions of Xardas and the Hero will force the chessplayers to leave the board and to leave their paws alone, but the world of the game remains intact. Only for the pawns to make their moves by themselfs.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

The reason magic was supposed to disappear altogether was mentioned back in Gothic 1/2. In Gothic 1 it was said that the gods give part of their divine power to people, which they call magic. In Gothic 2 it was said that magic seeps through the border between worlds. After the expulsion of the gods, even magic will not be able to cross the border of the worlds. Actually, the gods do not go anywhere. They simply cannot influence Morgrad. The usual daily cycles will remain, for the worlds of the gods will also not go anywhere. There is an assumption that after the expulsion of the gods, new magic may be found, but the only source of the divine power of the old gods was in runes whose power Xardas destroyed ...

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Flatcher Goth Beitrag anzeigen
    In Gothic 2 it was said that magic seeps through the border between worlds.
    I mayyybe remember that. Where exactly is it said?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von weisskeinennamen Beitrag anzeigen
    I mayyybe remember that. Where exactly is it said?
    https://almanach.worldofgothic.de/in...irne_(Schrift)
    Here, of course, not everything is said (for this you need to listen to the dialogs), but from the context it is clear that through this breach in the border of worlds, the gods have partial power in "our" world.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren

Dont know what the other versions of the books say but the german says that Beliars creatures enter through these weakend borders and not magic...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von weisskeinennamen Beitrag anzeigen
    Dont know what the other versions of the books say but the german says that Beliars creatures enter through these weakend borders and not magic...
    Everything is true. Magic also falls into our world this way.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren

In tamriel it does .

Again: I like the theory. The disappearence of the gods should have more consequences.
    But im pretty sure a mage that knows the spells can still use and teach it

Edit: https://almanach.worldofgothic.de/in...erei_(Schrift)
    Maybe it does also in the morgrad...
    Geändert von weisskeinennamen (08.09.2019 um 09:52 Uhr)