Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 31 von 31
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #21 Zitieren

nomina nuda tenemus

Der Zirkel um Xardas im Forenrollenspiel
    Don-Esteban ist offline
    Ok, let us summarise.

late 2001: some RPG forum members of World of Gothic conceive of an expansion for the forum text RPG for making the forum RPG more amazing ... with new areas and new outposts for the guild camps like Drakia (for the Old Camp guild), Alagarus (New Camp), the Bloodfly Swamp (sect camp) and a camp for the new Forum RPG guild of amazons, I draw some maps with this expansion ideas

17 years later someone shows Mike Hoge our old RPG maps (originate by us) and he fabulate about an old PB project after the sequel and before Gothic 2 with an expanded Gothic level mesh and a settlement of the same name?

Sounds for me, that Mike is a little bit confused about things, nearly 20 years before. Maybe. Mike as a real life and not all for him is spinning around Gothic all the time just like the toughts of some fans.

@Sporthistoriker:
    Bis ca. 2004 hatte ich gar keinen Kontakt zu Piranha Bytes. Und sonst war das auch nicht üblich außer die gelegentlichen Forenposts einiger Mitarbeiter. Der kam dann erst nach und nach durch die jährlichen Weihnachtsinterviews, die meditate geführt hat ... mhm, da hatte auch nur medi Kontakt. Ich erst noch später, als ich auf der jährlichen Games Convention war. Und auch da öfter mit den Publisher-Vertretern. Schließlich sind die für die Öffentlichkeitsarbeit ihrer Produkte verantwortlich. Später (so ab 2006) hab ich auf den Games Conventions und ab 2009 auf der Gamescom immer Interviews mit PB geführt. In den letzten Jahren meist mit Björn/Jenny Pankratz oder Harald Iken/Amadeus Weidmann. Aber das war alles erst zu Risen-Zeiten. Ab 2005 war ich auch ein paar mal zu Anspielterminen und mal zum 10-jährigen Firmenjubiläum in Essen. Zuerst 2005 glaub ich zu den Aufnahmen des G3-Soundtracks. Zuletzt zu einem Anspielen des fast fertigen Risen 2. Seitdem: still ruht der See.
    Vor Release von Gothic war Deathweaver mal in Essen und später haben sie die Jungs vom AMT-Modteam (Die Bedrohung) eingeladen. Das waren aber auch schon alle Kontakte, die ich so kenne.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Flatcher Goth

Flatcher Goth ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Don-Esteban Beitrag anzeigen

17 years later someone shows Mike Hoge our old RPG maps (originate by us) and he fabulate about an old PB project after the sequel and before Gothic 2 with an expanded Gothic level mesh and a settlement of the same name?

Sounds for me, that Mike is a little bit confused about things, nearly 20 years before. Maybe. Mike as a real life and not all for him is spinning around Gothic all the time just like the toughts of some fans.
    Well, that's not quite true. No one showed Mike the FRG maps. Speaking of Drakia, there was a large map of the world donated by the PB, and the very map of Khorinis Island, where Drakia and part of Gorthar were. Mike commented on this area as the one that was supposed to enter the game. But according to him, this area looked a bit different, and the name was different (Not Drakia). It can be seen that this is somehow connected with the fact that PB accepted the gift even despite these regions. Perhaps it is a coincidence that they just turned out to be similar. But I don’t understand why Mike told this story. Apparently this means that the concept of Drakia and Gorthar simply does not contradict the lore, and the ideas of the PB in those years. Moreover, this area was often mentioned in Gothic 2. Silvio orc hunters came from southern lands. From which southern lands? From the southern islands? By that time, the orcs had built a wall, and no one would have accepted the mercenaries in the port of Khorinis. Yan and Ur-Shak also mention the area beyond the southern mountains, where the bandits came from (they eventually became dragon hunters), and the orcs (which is similar to the fact that there were orc hunters in the south). This is not all mention, but the most popular. So far, the lands in the south of the island solve some problems well.
    Geändert von Flatcher Goth (27.08.2019 um 09:45 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23 Zitieren

UPD: since I screwed up a little... I'm not trying to insult anyone, or expose. I'm just interested in the history of these map, and by whom they were created
    Geändert von Flatcher Goth (27.08.2019 um 11:09 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Flatcher Goth Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, that's not quite true. No one showed Mike the FRG maps. Speaking of Drakia, there was a large map of the world donated by the PB, and the very map of Khorinis Island, where Drakia and part of Gorthar were. Mike commented on this area as the one that was supposed to enter the game. But according to him, this area looked a bit different, and the name was different (Not Drakia). It can be seen that this is somehow connected with the fact that PB accepted the gift even despite these regions. Perhaps it is a coincidence that they just turned out to be similar. But I don’t understand why Mike told this story. Apparently this means that the concept of Drakia and Gorthar simply does not contradict the lore, and the ideas of the PB in those years. Moreover, this area was often mentioned in Gothic 2. Silvio orc hunters came from southern lands. From which southern lands? From the southern islands? By that time, the orcs had built a wall, and no one would have accepted the mercenaries in the port of Khorinis. Yan and Ur-Shak also mention the area beyond the southern mountains, where the bandits came from (they eventually became dragon hunters), and the orcs (which is similar to the fact that there were orc hunters in the south). This is not all mention, but the most popular. So far, the lands in the south of the island solve some problems well.
    Hu? Now you say, there was supposed to be Drakia, but the name was not Drakia? What are we talking about then? That was the point all the time. If the only similarity is: "We also had a thought someday about expanding the world in the south", that's a totally different story.

Secondly, they do not come from the southern islands. It is only said about Sylvio, that he fought against the orcs more in the "south" (not even "southern lands"). Ferros says about his people, that they are refugees from the orc war, he does not tell a location. But he does know more from the main city, that means, he comes from the centre of the kingdom, he flew from Myrtana. Jan on the other hand says, he has joined the guys around Sylvio coming from the mountains, not some islands. He says, "wir wollten ins Tal" (into the valley). That means, Sylvio and his guys just came from mountains located in the south and walked down into the valley. Others came from Myrtana.
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    Hu? Now you say, there was supposed to be Drakia, but the name was not Drakia? What are we talking about then? That was the point all the time. If the only similarity is: "We also had a thought someday about expanding the world in the south", that's a totally different story.
    Yes, I actually wrote about this from the very beginning. How do Mike's words refer to Drachia? No idea. He gave this answer to a question about Drachia. "It's Drachia, but it's not Drachia." Mike can only understand Mike ...
    Secondly, they do not come from the southern islands. It is only said about Sylvio, that he fought against the orcs more in the "south" (not even "southern lands"). Ferros says about his people, that they are refugees from the orc war, he does not tell a location. But he does know more from the main city, that means, he comes from the centre of the kingdom, he flew from Myrtana. Jan on the other hand says, he has joined the guys around Sylvio coming from the mountains, not some islands. He says, "wir wollten ins Tal" (into the valley). That means, Sylvio and his guys just came from mountains located in the south and walked down into the valley. Others came from Myrtana.
    Perhaps a slight misunderstanding occurred ... Actually, I said that . Speaking of Silvio, he clearly did not come from the valley of mines. There have never been hunters of orcs in the valley, except for one baron. I also think that Ferros’s group sailed from Myrtana, but how? on which ship? Again, if there was a port in the south, this would explain all the issues related to new people in Khorinis. The totality of these data only confirms that in the south there is some region where there is at least one port. If the PBs recognized the world map for the birthday of their studio (or Gothic. I don’t remember exactly), then I am more inclined to believe that Drachia is a completely canonical area apart from the name. Speaking of Drachia, I have entered a valley in the south, where there is a port city, and this is not necessarily what we saw on the map.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Yes, I actually wrote about this from the very beginning. How do Mike's words refer to Drachia? No idea. He gave this answer to a question about Drachia. "It's Drachia, but it's not Drachia." Mike can only understand Mike ...
    Okay.^^

Perhaps a slight misunderstanding occurred ... Actually, I said that . Speaking of Silvio, he clearly did not come from the valley of mines. There have never been hunters of orcs in the valley, except for one baron. I also think that Ferros’s group sailed from Myrtana, but how? on which ship? Again, if there was a port in the south, this would explain all the issues related to new people in Khorinis. The totality of these data only confirms that in the south there is some region where there is at least one port. If the PBs recognized the world map for the birthday of their studio (or Gothic. I don’t remember exactly), then I am more inclined to believe that Drachia is a completely canonical area apart from the name. Speaking of Drachia, I have entered a valley in the south, where there is a port city, and this is not necessarily what we saw on the map.
    I find it difficult to speak of "completely canonical area". What is canonical in the Sequel isn't canonical in Gothic 2, what is canonical in Gothic 1 isn't in parts canonical in Gothic 2 and so on. There are major discrepancies we know of. So yeah, maybe there was a time when they thought: There should be an area in the south of the valley of mines behind/in the mountains. But that's all we now, right? Don't know why there should be a port city in those mountains, Jan is speaking of. Usually ports aren't found in mountains.^^

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27 Zitieren

I find it difficult to speak of "completely canonical area". What is canonical in the Sequel isn't canonical in Gothic 2, what is canonical in Gothic 1 isn't in parts canonical in Gothic 2 and so on. There are major discrepancies we know of. So yeah, maybe there was a time when they thought: There should be an area in the south of the valley of mines behind/in the mountains. But that's all we now, right? Don't know why there should be a port city in those mountains, Jan is speaking of. Usually ports aren't found in mountains.^^
    Here, everyone decides for himself. For example, I can consider the lore sequel to be canonical, not counting the moments where it contradicts the ENT of other parts. So by the way, many who I know think ... why in the mountains? Over the mountains

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Yea but its just speculation then. Jan says they come from the mountains and it sounds like they are living in the mountains, not coming from behind those mountains.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29 Zitieren

Yea but its just speculation then. Jan says they come from the mountains and it sounds like they are living in the mountains, not coming from behind those mountains.
    I think in that region there are not only mountains, but also the sea. accordingly, the port where ships could sail, and the plain where you can hunt for orcs.

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #30 Zitieren

nomina nuda tenemus

Der Zirkel um Xardas im Forenrollenspiel
    Don-Esteban ist offline
    Jetzt taucht diese völlig hanebüchene "Drakia wurde von PB erfunden"-Theorie auch noch in seinem neuen Video auf:

[Video]

*seufz*

Well, that's not quite true. No one showed Mike the FRG maps. Speaking of Drakia, there was a large map of the world donated by the PB, and the very map of Khorinis Island, where Drakia and part of Gorthar were.
    This map is not donated by PB but to PB. From me, the creator, to Jenny and Björn Pankratz at the gamescom 2013 (I think) during the annual interview with PB that we always carried out at the gamescom until a few years ago. The picture, you have linked under your video in the comments shows Jenny, Björn and me during this interview. As far as I know, the map is now located on a wall in the PB office. I have seen it in a video documentation about PB from a German magazin like PC Games or GameStar or so.

Here you can download the map in print resolution. In any case, I created and published the map with the well-known ingame lands + all our self invented forum RPG content in summer 2013.
    https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_496.htm

I have a copy of this map on a wall of my apartment, because in my opinion it's a good wall decorations.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Don-Esteban Beitrag anzeigen
    Jetzt taucht diese völlig hanebüchene "Drakia wurde von PB erfunden"-Theorie auch noch in seinem neuen Video auf:

[Video]

*seufz*

This map is not donated by PB but to PB. From me, the creator, to Jenny and Björn Pankratz at the gamescom 2013 (I think) during the annual interview with PB that we always carried out at the gamescom until a few years ago. The picture, you have linked under your video in the comments shows Jenny, Björn and me during this interview. As far as I know, the map is now located on a wall in the PB office. I have seen it in a video documentation about PB from a German magazin like PC Games or GameStar or so.

Here you can download the map in print resolution. In any case, I created and published the map with the well-known ingame lands + all our self invented forum RPG content in summer 2013.
    https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_496.htm

I have a copy of this map on a wall of my apartment, because in my opinion it's a good wall decorations.
    Sorry, I did not translate correctly. In fact, I talked about the map in the video, only because there is no information about the dimensions. And I had to give something as an example.

I am thinking of releasing a separate video with official information about these lands. It may be necessary to once again ask Mike Hoge some of the details. So that this video does not last half a minute
    Geändert von Flatcher Goth (19.01.2021 um 06:35 Uhr)

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12