Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak
    Hey, yo!

I'm currently in the process of revamping and polishing the Risen Extended mod from Felsenschmied (with his blessing).

So far, I managed to achieve everything I needed by reading the tutorials and employing the recommended tools. However, at the moment, I encountered two problems I can't find solution for.

1. I made several custom icons for items (like the Dexterity-oriented weapons), but I don't know where is the file that says which icon is which (what are its "coordinates" and the respective name for those "coordinates") in a given file. I remember from my Sword of the Stars: The Pit modding times that you need to enter the coordinates for a new icon/sprite in some other file, so the engine would understand where to insert the given sprite and what are its boundaries. I also remember said file was "encrypted" in some way (its header, most likely?).

Does anyone know what file(s) it is and how to edit it? Or how to add the new custom icons for the items in some other way?

2. XP values for killed monstrosities/NPCs. Are those inside each individual file for each monster/NPC? If yes, I can't seem to find it. Or are those inside some other file? If yes, could you tell me which one?
    Czudak ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von Czudak Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, yo!
    Hey, yo! I'm somewhat surprised to see another "lost soul" researching in the "realms of Risen". 10 (ten!) years later.

1. I made several custom icons for items (like the Dexterity-oriented weapons), but I don't know where is the file that says which icon is which (what are its "coordinates" and the respective name for those "coordinates") in a given file.
    The file is compiled_imagelists.bin (Risen\data\compiled\library.pak). I searched for "icons" and that file in this forum and found
    It's german lang, though, you'll need a good translator.
    I made a small tool to get the icon props for example for the fish icon:
    IC_It_Fish_Raw, number 32, x1 369, y1 83, x2 409, y2 123
    P1 is the upper left corner of that icon in the GUI_IconSets01._ximg.
    Get it from the folder GUI in Risen\data\compiled\images.pak (497 MB) and convert it to (GUI_IconSets01).dds

For your first tests I'd suggest to edit that .dds and convert it back.

[Bild: Piranha_raw.jpg]

(That's not the best solution, I guess, and I didn't test it.)
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Umsturz bei den Morkons: best PB quest ever!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von tombom81 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, yo! I'm somewhat surprised to see another "lost soul" researching in the "realms of Risen". 10 (ten!) years later.

The file is compiled_imagelists.bin (Risen\data\compiled\library.pak). I searched for "icons" and that file in this forum and found
    It's german lang, though, you'll need a good translator.
    I made a small tool to get the icon props for example for the fish icon:
    IC_It_Fish_Raw, number 32, x1 369, y1 83, x2 409, y2 123
    P1 is the upper left corner of that icon in the GUI_IconSets01._ximg.
    Get it from the folder GUI in Risen\data\compiled\images.pak (497 MB) and convert it to (GUI_IconSets01).dds

For your first tests I'd suggest to edit that .dds and convert it back.

[Bild: Piranha_raw.jpg]

(That's not the best solution, I guess, and I didn't test it.)
    Why I'm wandering these empty Risen forums? I'm making my last mod effort before returning to digital drawing for real this time, hehe.

----------------------

Anyway, many thanks for the insight! The X1/X2 and Y1/Y2 coordinates will certainly come in handy, and it's mostly as I did it in the SotS: The Pit.

I'm getting to work as we speak, now knowing how to do the stuff. Next time you're around my location, the Elixir of Travels is on me.
    Czudak ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    To edit/add icons you can convert compiled_imagelists.bin to the raw format with the console command library export imagelists. Before that, make sure that Script_Library.dll is in your Risen\bin\scripts folder and that this version of mountlist_packed.ini is in your Risen\bin folder. Also, create the folder Risen\data\raw\gui2.

After running the console command, you find the icon specifications in the file Risen\data\raw\gui2\imagelists\IMC_Icons.ximc, modifications of which should be automatically adopted to compiled_imagelists.bin (if it is unpacked and has no write-protection) after a restart of the game.

Monster XP is calculated as level * 10. The level of monsters/NPCs is stored in the property LV of the property set gCSkills_PS. If you want to change a monster's level, modifying the template won't do it. Instead, you need to modify every instance of that template in every layer (.lrent file). Apparently there is a "batch entities" feature in the Risen Lrent Viewer which might speed up the process.
    Baltram ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Baltram Beitrag anzeigen
    To edit/add icons you can convert compiled_imagelists.bin to the raw format with the console command library export imagelists. Before that, make sure that Script_Library.dll is in your Risen\bin\scripts folder and that this version of mountlist_packed.ini is in your Risen\bin folder. Also, create the folder Risen\data\raw\gui2.

After running the console command, you find the icon specifications in the file Risen\data\raw\gui2\imagelists\IMC_Icons.ximc, modifications of which should be automatically adopted to compiled_imagelists.bin (if it is unpacked and has no write-protection) after a restart of the game.

Monster XP is calculated as level * 10. The level of monsters/NPCs is stored in the property LV of the property set gCSkills_PS. If you want to change a monster's level, modifying the template won't do it. Instead, you need to modify every instance of that template in every layer (.lrent file). Apparently there is a "batch entities" feature in the Risen Lrent Viewer which might speed up the process.
    A load of thanks. Everything works fine now.

Seemingly, the XP calculation work as in Gothic games. It was the same: with the change of the monster's/NPC's level, the XP reward changed too. I will check out the tool you linked.
    Czudak ist offline