Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline

New spacer and union

Hello guys, long time I don't post here, nice to see you again.

It's two years by now that I'm not into gothic modding, and I probably lost many updates. I wanted to ask you two things.

1) I remember that there was some project regarding a new spacer which was less buggy and easier to use. Do you have any news? I couldn't find anything with the search tools.

2) I saw this new library called union. As far as I understood it's something like ast, that let you write your own externals? Is it possibile to use it together with Ikarus/LeGo or do they conflict?

Thanks, and nice to be here again

EDIT: Now that I think about it, does someone managed to make KrxImpEx work on newer version of blender? The last version works till blender 2.70a but not newer version
    Geändert von Frank-95 (01.08.2019 um 12:04 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Kirides

Kirides ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Frank-95 Beitrag anzeigen
    2) I saw this new library called union. As far as I understood it's something like ast, that let you write your own externals? Is it possibile to use it together with Ikarus/LeGo or do they conflict?
    There are rumors about Union being incompatible with Ikarus, because of some hacky-ways Ikarus accomplishes some functionality.
    I have not seen a mod that had issues with Union, though i haven't played Mods like "Legend of Asshûn" with it yet.

Edit:
    Theoretically there shouldn't even be an issue with hooked funktions from Ikraus/LeGo while Union having a hook on the same function.
    Atleast as long as the Union-Plugin is calling the base function at some point in it's callstack.
    Geändert von Kirides (02.08.2019 um 08:06 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist offline
    Someone suggested that the Union plugins should be fine as long as they don't hook exactly the same functions, which would be on a mod-by-mod case. For the existing plugins that is probably not a problem. If I understood a google translate of the Russian Union thread correctly, Union also offers some more general AST-like scripting tools that would likely not be compatible if used.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Union - Testphase Avatar von Niko5511

Niko5511 ist offline
    @Milky ich mache demnächst nen Guide für Union und werde es auch unter anderem mit den aktuellen deutschen Mods wie LoA, Odyssee, Dirty Swamp,.....aber auch Klassikern wie Velaya testen. Die genauen Installationsanleitungen werde ich auch im Thread dann einfügen

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Serima Avatar von Fisk2033

Fisk2033 ist offline
    Hello guys, long time I don't post here, nice to see you again.

It's two years by now that I'm not into gothic modding, and I probably lost many updates. I wanted to ask you two things.

1) I remember that there was some project regarding a new spacer which was less buggy and easier to use. Do you have any news? I couldn't find anything with the search tools.

Thanks, and nice to be here again

EDIT: Now that I think about it, does someone managed to make KrxImpEx work on newer version of blender? The last version works till blender 2.70a but not newer version
    To "1)" the spacer is still in development. If my translation is true, there was some beta-tests. Also in august there will be a new beta version for some of the testers.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Abenteurer Avatar von Maximus93

Maximus93 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Niko5511 Beitrag anzeigen
    @Milky ich mache demnächst nen Guide für Union und werde es auch unter anderem mit den aktuellen deutschen Mods wie LoA, Odyssee, Dirty Swamp,.....aber auch Klassikern wie Velaya testen. Die genauen Installationsanleitungen werde ich auch im Thread dann einfügen
    Würde mich sehr interessieren!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    Thank you for the answers. So there shouldn't be any problem with lego as long as I don't hook the same functions. Nice to hear it. So basically with union is possible to do everything doable with ikarus/lego but it's "harder" becaus of c++ right?

Regarding the spacer, is it possible to try this beta?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist offline
    Thank you for the answers. So there shouldn't be any problem with lego as long as I don't hook the same functions. Nice to hear it. So basically with union is possible to do everything doable with ikarus/lego but it's "harder" becaus of c++ right?
    If you know C++ reasonably well, it's probably easier to implement something with Union. If you come from the point of knowing Daedalus but no C++, then Ikarus + LeGo will feel more familiar.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Kirides

Kirides ist offline
    So basically with union is possible to do everything doable with ikarus/lego but it's "harder" becaus of c++ right?
    Not quite, Union allows you to write Plugins that work across Gothic, Gothic II and Gothic II NotR, while sharing the exact same codebase (except some smaller header definition for Engine-Addresses based on the version, if you want to hook functions)

I don't know if Deadalus allows for the same flexibility.
    But LeGo makes many things in Daedalus trivial to implement. While in C++ you have to implement bunch of this for yourself.

Then again, C++ is easier to debug, because you can simply put a breakpoint and run gothic...

Tl;Dr: daedalus and Union both have their reason for existence and work very well for the things they are designed for.
    Geändert von Kirides (05.08.2019 um 07:34 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    Thank you all

One more thing, do you have any link or reference I can ask to try the new spacer beta?

EDIT: my 666th post

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Serima Avatar von Fisk2033

Fisk2033 ist offline
    Thank you all

One more thing, do you have any link or reference I can ask to try the new spacer beta?

EDIT: my 666th post
    congratulation!

https://worldofplayers.ru/threads/40...7#post-1050255

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    Thanks for the link!

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    SumpfkrautOnline Avatar von Orange

Orange ist offline
    Gibt es bezüglich des neuen Spacers nennenswerte Fortschritte?
    (Falls jemand aus der russischen Community so freundlich wäre sein Wissen zu teilen)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von N1kX

N1kX ist gerade online
    Zitat Zitat von Orange Beitrag anzeigen
    Gibt es bezüglich des neuen Spacers nennenswerte Fortschritte?
    (Falls jemand aus der russischen Community so freundlich wäre sein Wissen zu teilen)
    Hello. Read https://worldofplayers.ru/threads/40530/post-1064016 and post 414