Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 19 von 19
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline

Development Mysteries [EN SUBTITLES] | Entwicklungs Mysterien [DE UNTERTITEL]

Hi

I made a video about some of the oddities of the Colony, which can be explained by examining the development of the game.

[Video]

The video is in Czech but German, English and Polish subtitles are available.
    Polish dubbed version is being worked on.

Please tell me what you think about it, and point out any mistakes that you may find.

Thank you
    Stay safe!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Halbgott Avatar von Seelenschnitte

Seelenschnitte ist offline
    Interesting. Very nice.

Its a pity, PB doesnt get the chance to make her ideas truly real. But Gothic was and is great as it ist. So, I realy cant complain.

Personaly it is a kind of mystery for me, why you guys do all these labour to dig in the history of gothic development. Dont get me wrong, I dont think bad of this, I just dont understand.
    Maybe you can tell me a bit about your motivation?

„Die Menschen bedienen sich ihrer Vernunft nur dazu, um ihre Ungerechtigkeiten zu rechtfertigen, und die Sprache dient ihnen allein dazu, ihre Gedanken zu verbergen.“

Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord
    Geändert von Seelenschnitte (02.06.2019 um 10:56 Uhr)

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Seelenschnitte Beitrag anzeigen
    Personaly it is as kind of mystery for me, why you guys do all these labour to dig in the history of gothic development. Dont get me wrong, I dont think bad of this, I just dont understand.
    Maybe you can tell me a bit about your motivation?
    You might be confusing me with somebody else. I make videos in my spare time, because it is a game that I'm still emotionally attached to even after all these years, and I want to see its community thrive.
    Why would i dig the history of Gothic? Because then you can say "Oh, i see why this is there" and that is not only interesting to me as a Gothic fan, but could be useful to someone who is learning about game development, and can learn from PB's mistakes.
    Stay safe!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Gratulations. Finally finished.

// some mistake I found: "Verurteilt zu einem Leben der Sklaverei in der Erzminen des Königreiches."
    This needs to be: "Verurteilt zu einem Leben der Sklaverei in den Erzminen des Königreiches."

// edit²: There are many more mistakes in the german subtitles, but I have not the time to fix all this right now.
    Anyway, great job, especially that you finally found out where the screenshot with the demon is located!
    Now I need to change our reconstructed way to the exchange place once again...
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord
    Geändert von lali (02.06.2019 um 10:38 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Vaana Beitrag anzeigen
    You might be confusing me with somebody else. I make videos in my spare time, because it is a game that I'm still emotionally attached to even after all these years, and I want to see its community thrive.
    Why would i dig the history of Gothic? Because then you can say "Oh, i see why this is there" and that is not only interesting to me as a Gothic fan, but could be useful to someone who is learning about game development, and can learn from PB's mistakes.
    No, Im not confusing you with someone else. (And I think, it is better to dont talk that much about these peoples here.)

Im just interestet in your motivation. So thank you for answering.

„Die Menschen bedienen sich ihrer Vernunft nur dazu, um ihre Ungerechtigkeiten zu rechtfertigen, und die Sprache dient ihnen allein dazu, ihre Gedanken zu verbergen.“

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    you finally found out where the screenshot with the demon is located!
    Now I need to change our reconstructed way to the exchange place once again...
    This is the part that I am the most unsure about. But i do have reason to believe that is the place.

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

Let's start with a simple comparison of textures. If you look closely you might spot a grass-like texture in the background of one of the screenshots. This texture is the same as in the demon screenshot.

[Bild: A6tJCtk.png]

Next is that the fact that you can see a part of a tree in the demon screenshot, which is placed in the same spot as in the released version.

[Bild: NAy1mSA.png]

This should be the same spot, because the mountain used to be a bit larger and was pushed more towards the bridge.

[Bild: 9BGEKKR.png]
    Once again we can see the tree and polygons with similar UV mapping.

[Bild: vl60Zan.png]

The only problem with this is that in the demon screenshot there is no mountain, but i suspect this is due to render distance.

[Bild: fd4i50W.png]

Therefore, I concluded that this is indeed the same area.

[Bild: GpuuO0c.png]

Stay safe!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Yes I see. I think you're right. Will fix the area soon.

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline
    I would like to share with you all the maps I made for this video:

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

I cannot guarantee that they 100% accurate, but if you have a question, don't be afraid to ask.
    Feel free to use them in any way you wish.
    Stay safe!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Halbgott Avatar von Kyle07

Kyle07 ist offline
    I love your Gothic Content Vaana! It's so much high detailed! I like always your screenshot comparisons, like in the end of your video or in your recent comparisons.

I'm also surprised about the huge research you have done as a non-German speaker.
    Respect!

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kyle07 Beitrag anzeigen
    screenshot comparisons, like in the end of your video or in your recent comparisons.
    Thank you
    The comparisons always take a long time, since you have to patiently fiddle around with the camera until you find the right spot.
    Stay safe!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren

Kyle07 ist offline
    Damn, I can only imagine how much work this is. Very precise work.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren
    Lehrling Avatar von Nex TheReal

Nex TheReal ist offline

// some mistake I found: "Verurteilt zu einem Leben der Sklaverei in der Erzminen des Königreiches."
    This needs to be: "Verurteilt zu einem Leben der Sklaverei in den Erzminen des Königreiches."

// edit²: There are many more mistakes in the german subtitles, but I have not the time to fix all this right now.
    I'm sorry, my mistakes. I should have taken more time and look through them carefully

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nex TheReal Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm sorry, my mistakes. I should have taken more time and look through them carefully
    No problem! We can be glad that there are german subtitles (and right from the beginning). Thank you for that. Everything is understandable at least.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von lucigoth

lucigoth ist offline
    Video gefällt mir gut, irgendwie mal was anderes.
    Habe jetzt nur nicht genau verstanden, um was es genau geht- vielleicht kann das ja mal jemand auf deutsch erklären.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von lucigoth Beitrag anzeigen
    Video gefällt mir gut, irgendwie mal was anderes.
    Habe jetzt nur nicht genau verstanden, um was es genau geht- vielleicht kann das ja mal jemand auf deutsch erklären.
    Geht um Sachen, die während der Entwicklung von Gothic1 so von PB gesponnen wurden, teilweise eingebaut, umgeschrieben, verändert oder ganz rausgeschmissen wurden.

Btw. Ich mag solche Kommentare von wegen: "Das ist ein tolles Video, es hat mir sehr gut gefallen. Worum ging es denn eigentlich?" sehr gerne.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Seelenschnitte Beitrag anzeigen
    Btw. Ich mag solche Kommentare von wegen: "Das ist ein tolles Video, es hat mir sehr gut gefallen. Worum ging es denn eigentlich?" sehr gerne.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren

Kyle07 ist offline
    No problem! We can be glad that there are german subtitles (and right from the beginning). Thank you for that. Everything is understandable at least.
    True! Thank you guys for thinking about other countries! I like it when the community holds together.

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline
    Finally, the Polish version is ready

[Video]
    Stay safe!

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren

Kyle07 ist offline
    Thx for the Polish version!
    I can speak polish, so it was nice to see this video again, but without reading of subtitles.