Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

Raining rats

Just started playing NotR again and am having a weird brand-new experience. This is really early in the game, I just got into Khorinis.

I ran out along the road from Khorinis to the Dead Harpy and
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    and jumped up to the ledge where you find the militia short sword and +4 STR ring and ring of wooden skin.
    Normally, I continue along and eventually take out
    two or maybe three giant rats.

But this time I just jumped down again with the booty and continued on the original road. So, around the bend near the turn-off to
    the farm
    suddenly THUMP! SPLAT! giant rats were flying through the air to their doom. I can only assume it was the ones I've always met
    on the ledge

Next I went to finish off Lester's valley. Took out all the wild life and ended up clearing out
    the cave where four rats live, where Lotar's tomb is. So there I am just outside the cave mouth, battling the rats
    and suddenly THUMP! SPLAT! once again giant rats were flying through the air to their doom. Three of them. I am hopeless at visualising the map well enough to understand where these Giant Suicidal Rats were jumping down from.

This was new to me, and I reckon I've played the early game of NotR at least 7 times before.

Has anyone else experienced this? And can anyone figure out where the second rat rain came from?

It's good to be back in NotR.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    veni, vidi, iuvi  Avatar von Thorwyn

Thorwyn ist offline
    Usually it only rains lizards from above Lotar's cave, but there are also some rats on the cliff above. You can get there by turning right at Cavalorn's fire (when you come from Xardas' tower) and explore the cliffs there. Two boars, some meatbugs, several lizards and rats and (in chapter 2 onwards) an amulet.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline
    Thank you, Thorwyn, very interesting and helpful, as always.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)