Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Hello, i'd like to ask for your help about modifying a sound in ELEX game.

I love C.R.O.N.Y companion, he enlightens the rooms when i go... visiting friend's pockets in the night, far better than torches. But its sound is awful to me, though the sound is not too loud, its really unpleasnt to me so i dont bring him to my journeys anymore, but i'd love to. I mean this buzz whenever he is close to my Jax.

So here my request: how can i get his sound effect deactivated? even if it implies totally muting C.R.O.N.Y's voice as well, i can read it in subtitle, but really cant stand that noise. I can only mute sound effects (but it mutes all the other sounds effects as well, so not a good solution)

I dont know how to modify it, but im sure if you tell me how i will be able, and really grateful.

Thanks in avance!
    Nuka. ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Abenteurer Avatar von Feyn
    Zitat Zitat von Nuka. Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello, i'd like to ask for your help about modifying a sound in ELEX game.

I love C.R.O.N.Y companion, he enlightens the rooms when i go... visiting friend's pockets in the night, far better than torches. But its sound is awful to me, though the sound is not too loud, its really unpleasnt to me so i dont bring him to my journeys anymore, but i'd love to. I mean this buzz whenever he is close to my Jax.

So here my request: how can i get his sound effect deactivated? even if it implies totally muting C.R.O.N.Y's voice as well, i can read it in subtitle, but really cant stand that noise. I can only mute sound effects (but it mutes all the other sounds effects as well, so not a good solution)

I dont know how to modify it, but im sure if you tell me how i will be able, and really grateful.

Thanks in avance!
    Im no expert in modding Elex, but there are some parallels to Gothic3.

You can search for that effect inside the w_effect file.
    Once you found a fitting name, just remove the entry of gCEffectCommandPlaySoundItem that causes the noise (or set the volume property to zero).
    That should achieve your requested result (I didnt test it though).

Example drone effect:
    Code:
        "eff_csi_dronebeep_happy_01" {
            Timestamp = (time 131188554570000000 "Tue Sep 20 14:30:57 2016");
            class gCEffectCommandSequence2 {
                Version = 1;
                Properties {
                    class bTRefPropertyArray<class gCEffectCommand *> Commands = [
                        class gCEffectCommandPlaySound {
                            Version = 1;
                            Properties {
                                float Volume = 0.600000024;
                                class bCRange1 Pitch = (range 1 1);
                                float MinDistance = 3000;
                                float MaxDistance = 10000;
                                enum eEAudioChannelFallOff FallOff = eEAudioChannelFallOff_Linear;
                                bool LoopSound = False;
                                float FadeInSeconds = 0;
                                float FadeOutSeconds = 0;
                                class bTObjArray<class gCEffectCommandPlaySoundItem> Items = [
                                    class gCEffectCommandPlaySoundItem {
                                        Version = 1;
                                        Properties {
                                            class eTResourceProxy<class eCSoundResource2> Sample = "sfx_csi_dronebeep_happy_01";
                                            float Probability = 1;
                                        }
                                        ClassData {
                                        }
                                    },
                                        Version = 1;
                                        Properties {
                                            class eTResourceProxy<class eCSoundResource2> Sample = "sfx_csi_dronebeep_happy_02";
                                            float Probability = 1;
                                        }
                                        ClassData {
                                        }
                                    },
                                        Version = 1;
                                        Properties {
                                            class eTResourceProxy<class eCSoundResource2> Sample = "sfx_csi_dronebeep_happy_03";
                                            float Probability = 1;
                                        }
                                        ClassData {
                                        }
                                    }
                                ];
                                class bCString BoneName = "";
                                enum gEEffectLink CoordinateSystem = gEEffectLink_TargetEntity;
                                class bCVector Offset = (vec 0 0 0);
                                enum eEAudioChannelGroup ChannelGroup = eEAudioChannelGroup_FX_Game_Effect;
                                float TimeOffset = 0;
                            }
                            ClassData {
                            }
                        }
                    ];
                    class bTRefPropertyArray<class gCEffectCondition *> Conditions = [
                    ];
                }
                ClassData {
                    [class gCEffectCommandSequence2, Version 1] = < >;
                }
            }
        }
    Feyn ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Thank you very much.

I just looked for a file like that, and doesnt seem like i can find one. They may have changed it in ELEX, though the game is pretty similar to Gothic 3. Maybe its inside some sort of library now. I will likely need to find a program to check these files. Im not sure which file may content it, maybe you can give me some hint as well about where it could be.

ELEX folder has 3 folders, _CommonRedist, data and system.

_CommonRedist has directx, physx and vcredist folders, doesnt look like this file could be there.

data folder has 3 folders within.
    Extern folder, apparently with intro stuff for different languages. Packed folder with 4 .pak files, named c_0_en.pak and similar. And ini folder with config files, i only found general sound settings in config file (the settings i can set in the game).

System folder has several ddl, a wow file and the executable file to play (most of the ddl are named physx-something), wouldnt say its there but dont really know.

Any hint of which of these folders may content the file?

By the way, i found a mod that softens the footsteps sound (another sounds effect i guess), i downloaded it looking for hints. Its a pak file (so i couldnt open it for now). If one of the .pak files was the file i seek for, which program would you advice me to install to edit pak files?
    Nuka. ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren

I just looked for a file like that, and doesnt seem like i can find one. They may have changed it in ELEX, though the game is pretty similar to Gothic 3. Maybe its inside some sort of library now. I will likely need to find a program to check these files. Im not sure which file may content it, maybe you can give me some hint as well about where it could be.

ELEX folder has 3 folders, _CommonRedist, data and system.

_CommonRedist has directx, physx and vcredist folders, doesnt look like this file could be there.

data folder has 3 folders within.
    Extern folder, apparently with intro stuff for different languages. Packed folder with 4 .pak files, named c_0_en.pak and similar. And ini folder with config files, i only found general sound settings in config file (the settings i can set in the game).

System folder has several ddl, a wow file and the executable file to play (most of the ddl are named physx-something), wouldnt say its there but dont really know.

Any hint of which of these folders may content the file?
    Sorry, my explanation is already specific to the elex game.
    The file is inside the c_1_na.pak in the data directory.
    You can unpack the c_1_na.pak archive with Baltrams tool Elexresman
    After unpacking, you will get a folder "c_1_na" with some subdirectories.
    The subdirectory "documents" will contain the said file "w_effect.hdr" which can be converted again by the Elexresman to a readable form ("w_effect.hdrdoc").
    The code you can see in my last answer is a part of what you will get after processing these steps.
    Feyn ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Thank you so much for giving me this clear explanation! Cant wait to have a silent CRONY, now that i can do it with to your help
    Grateful greetings.
    Nuka. ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I got it

I had sort of a couple troubles, i ended up converting the whole c_1_na file, with all its 20 GB paked, and 40 GB unpaked, since i wasnt able to do it only with the w_effects file, nor with the documents folder with all HDR files inside. I tryed with generating-number 4 (since number 4 was the one assigned to documents when i unpacked), and with number 2 (since the footsteps mod i found seemed to have used number 2), none worked, but doing it with the whole file did work. Im sure its possible to do just with the small w_effects file, but as long as it works im happy. I used number 9 to pak the whole file, hopefully i wont run into any problem in the game for replacing the whole file. All is working fine for now.

I was neither able to convert elexsnd files to mp3 in order to listen, since it said there was an error when i tryed, but i was lucky and the lines i deleted in the w_effects file (drone ambient) were the lines i needed.

So thank you again, wouldnt have get it done without your help.
    Nuka. ist offline Geändert von Nuka. (27.05.2019 um 07:39 Uhr) Grund: correct name of file type

7. #7 Zitieren
    I got it
    I'm glad it worked
    Feyn ist offline