Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 43
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21 Zitieren
    Adventurer

yukoz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von George Beitrag anzeigen
    For me the angle was set to 70° by default.
    I walked with the hero into the building and then executed CompileLightmaps PC_Hero 2000.
    I tried all the options, but in all cases the objects were dark. I was trying to fix this meshes all week but nothing helps.
    Thank you for your help.
    Modding Gothic 3 finished for me at this point.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von George

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von yukoz Beitrag anzeigen
    I tried all the options, but in all cases the objects were dark. I was trying to fix this meshes all week but nothing helps.
    Thank you for your help.
    Modding Gothic 3 finished for me at this point.
    Goods news, I was able to solve the mystery!

Your mesh lacks the VertexStreamArray of the type 5. You can check whether a mesh has a particular VertexStreamArray for example with G3MC. Just drag the mesh into the program window and have a look at this check boxes.
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=971c829f066e9c9b990dd4ba54a9fa13&attachmentid=48846&d=1580669181&thumb=1]

Gothic 3 uses the VertexStreamArray 5 to fill the PerVertexColor property of lightmaps.
    In case a mesh has no VertexStreamArray 5, all the PerVertexColors are set to 00000000 (black and fully transparent).
    This leads to really broken lightmap calculation results you experienced.

My previous guess that the normals of your mesh are to blame was a wrong lead, the normals are perfectly fine.
    A chain of unfortunate coincidences brought me to this wrong conclusion.

Basically it comes down to not deleting the lightmaps after every attempt. Because in case that the lightmap to be generated already exists, in can happen under certain circumstances that the PerVertexColors of the old lightmap are reused:
    • The mesh has no VertexStreamArray 5.
      OR
    • The number of vertices of the mesh is equal to the number of the PerVertexColors of the lightmap.

So what do you have to do to get properly lit meshes?
    1. Load your mesh into G3MC, add the VertexStreamArray 5 by clicking the add05 button, save your mesh.
      [Bild: attachment.php?s=971c829f066e9c9b990dd4ba54a9fa13&attachmentid=48847&d=1580669976&thumb=1]
    2. Repair your mesh with Script_ModMe.
    3. Make sure that no old version of the to be calculated lightmap is in the Lightmaps folder or Lightmaps.pak/mod/mXX.
    4. World CompileLightmaps

PS regarding 3.: I am planning to implement some kind of "lightmap flush" functionality that is executed before lightmap compilation, so that the PerVertexColors of old lightmaps are not reused.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23 Zitieren
    Adventurer

yukoz ist offline

Thumbs up

Goods news, I was able to solve the mystery!

Your mesh lacks the VertexStreamArray of the type 5. You can check whether a mesh has a particular VertexStreamArray for example with G3MC. Just drag the mesh into the program window and have a look at this check boxes.
    Thank you. Everything works as expected after editing mesh in G3MC.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24 Zitieren
    Apprentice

czapla1024 ist offline
    Would it be possible to fix the audio stuttering problem with this tool? In Risen games, the solution is to increase maxchannels parameter in ConfigDefault.xml high enough, but G3 doesn't use .xml files to begin with...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von czapla1024 Beitrag anzeigen
    Would it be possible to fix the audio stuttering problem with this tool? In Risen games, the solution is to increase maxchannels parameter in ConfigDefault.xml high enough, but G3 doesn't use .xml files to begin with...
    Maybe, I would have to investigate. Can you describe how to reproduce this "audio stuttering problem"?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26 Zitieren
    Apprentice

czapla1024 ist offline
    Maybe, I would have to investigate. Can you describe how to reproduce this "audio stuttering problem"?
    One way to do it to increase Entity.ROI value in ge3.ini to very high value (~8000), go to the area with multiple sound sources (for example a town or a field with Chris' deers) and try drawing a bow. Depending on how bad the stuttering is, the bowstring noise will play normally, partially (some parts will be "mute") or not at all.
    Geändert von czapla1024 (15.02.2020 um 14:24 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von czapla1024 Beitrag anzeigen
    One way to do it to increase Entity.ROI value in ge3.ini to very high value (~8000), go to the area with multiple sound sources (for example a town or a field with Chris' deers) and try drawing a bow. Depending on how bad the stuttering is, the bowstring noise will play normally, partially (some parts will be "mute") or not at all.
    I was able to reproduce the audio stuttering problem with the instructions you provided.

Then I had a look at Risen 3, to see what it does with the MaxChannels parameter.
    Turns out that it caps the value to 200 and then passes it on to the System::init() function of fmodex, the audio library used by Risen 3.

Gothic 3 also uses fmodex as its audio library, although an older version. Gothic 3 passes 64 as the MaxChannels value to System::init().
    I increased the value to 256, but it didn't help anything with the audio issue. I also had to modify some code in additional places, where 64 was hardcoded for the number of channels.
    To rule out a bug in fmodex, I also tried to use the newer version of fmodex used by Risen 3, but it made no difference.

So either I overlooked a code location that needs to be adapted to the increased max channel count, or the audio stuttering issues are not (solely) caused by a lack of audio channels.

Maybe I'll look at it again at a later date, but I wouldn't bet on it as is not a high priority for me.
    Geändert von George (16.02.2020 um 19:46 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28 Zitieren
    Apprentice

czapla1024 ist offline
    I was able to reproduce the audio stuttering problem with the instructions you provided.

Then I had a look at Risen 3, to see what it does with the MaxChannels parameter.
    Turns out that it caps the value to 200 and then passes it on to the System::init() function of fmodex, the audio library used by Risen 3.

Gothic 3 also uses fmodex as its audio library, although an older version. Gothic 3 passes 64 as the MaxChannels value to System::init().
    I increased the value to 256, but it didn't help anything with the audio issue. I also had to modify some code in additional places, where 64 was hardcoded for the number of channels.
    To rule out a bug in fmodex, I also tried to use the newer version of fmodex used by Risen 3, but it made no difference.

So either I overlooked a code location that needs to be adapted to the increased max channel count, or the audio stuttering issues are not (solely) caused by a lack of audio channels.

Maybe I'll look at it again at a later date, but I wouldn't bet on it as is not a high priority for me.
    Interesting, it seemed to me that audio channels were the issue since the stuttering was almost too similar to the one that many people experienced on Antigua in Risen 3.
    While I'm sad to hear that the problem isn't going to fixed soon (it was the one thing that bothered me the most in G3), I fully understand and am extremely thankful for your efforts and insight.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Keks1 ist offline
    Please look into these posts for latest fmodex and test. Otherwise the code needs to be changed according instructions.
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...4#post25237814

https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...5#post25134065

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30 Zitieren
    Abenteurer Avatar von Aztec2012

Aztec2012 ist offline
    Can I swap with this sdk broken weapons in NPC inventory to normal? Or disable broken weapons script/option?
    ERROR 404 NOT FOUND

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Aztec2012 Beitrag anzeigen
    Can I swap with this sdk broken weapons in NPC inventory to normal? Or disable broken weapons script/option?
    Yes, you can do that with the SDK.
    Have a look at the script functions RefreshWeaponry and EquipWeaponry in Script_Game.dll.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32 Zitieren
    Abenteurer Avatar von Aztec2012

Aztec2012 ist offline
    Yes, you can do that with the SDK.
    Have a look at the script functions RefreshWeaponry and EquipWeaponry in Script_Game.dll.
    Thanks but if i is newbie in this sdk and not a programmer can i do this? I cant found any video or tutorial about this sdk.
    ERROR 404 NOT FOUND

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Thanks but if i is newbie in this sdk and not a programmer can i do this? I cant found any video or tutorial about this sdk.
    No, as stated in the description:
    This inofficial Gothic 3 SDK is intended for modders with experience in C++ and reverse engineering.

I cant found any video or tutorial about this sdk.
    That's right, there isn't any, apart from the examples.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Adanos Gotoman ist offline
    Hey! Has anyone already worked directly with the GFC module? Is there any progress in this regard?))

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Adanos Gotoman Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey! Has anyone already worked directly with the GFC module? Is there any progress in this regard?))
    Yes, I have successfully modified and extended the ingame menu, but it is cumbersome and inflexible.
    The GFC UI framework is based on MFC. To change the UI you also have to modify the layout file gui\resources\g3.gui.res, which can be graphically edited with the official Gothic 3 Modkit that is included in the CP 1.75.

If seamless integration into the native UI is not of paramount importance, my suggestion would be to not use GFC, but instead use something like Dear ImGui to overlay a custom UI.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Yes, I have successfully modified and extended the ingame menu, but it is cumbersome and inflexible.
    The GFC UI framework is based on MFC. To change the UI you also have to modify the layout file gui\resources\g3.gui.res, which can be graphically edited with the official Gothic 3 Modkit that is included in the CP 1.75.

If seamless integration into the native UI is not of paramount importance, my suggestion would be to not use GFC, but instead use something like Dear ImGui to overlay a custom UI.
    Okay)) I'll do it))
    It's time to try to create a mixture of Spacer2 and RisenEditor by Baltram.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Genome World structure

Can someone tell me a little (in detail, preferably) how the world structure of the Genome engine works? I need to find out the dependencies of data like .node / .wrldatasc / .lrentdat / .secdat
    This is the information needed for an ongoing project to rewrite the Genome engine.
    Here is a link to my current project https://github.com/AdanosGotoman/GenomeSDK3

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Genome SDK

Can someone tell me if anyone has already familiarized themselves with the engine's entity system? Does anyone already have examples of implementation or is it better to use a ready-made third-party framework?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39 Zitieren
    Adventurer

yukoz ist offline
    Is it possible to create a detailed manual or video tutorial on how to use this?
    1. Set up the project with the newest Visual Studio (make it binary compatible)
    2. Crete a simple modification/script
    3. Compile it to dll or create exe file and patch a game.

I have no experience in C++ and reverse engineering but I know other languages. And I think I can figure out how it works but I need to have a list of some examples, tutorials.

Thanks.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Is it possible to create a detailed manual or video tutorial on how to use this?
    I am sorry, but I do not see that I will have the capacity to create such learning resources :/

1. Set up the project with the newest Visual Studio (make it binary compatible)
    Recently did this on my local version of the Gothic 3 SDK, could backport it to the public version (hopefully soon).

2. Crete a simple modification/script
    Not a a tutorial, but here you can find at least some small example scripts, which modify certain aspects of the game.

3. Compile it to dll or create exe file and patch a game.
    Building and installation into the game is described in the corresponding sections of the readme.

I have no experience in C++ and reverse engineering but I know other languages. And I think I can figure out how it works but I need to have a list of some examples, tutorials.
    At least for C++ and reverse engineering you are going to find a lot of beginner tutorials throughout the internet

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »