Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 43
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von George

George ist offline

[Release] Gothic 3 SDK

This inofficial Gothic 3 SDK is intended for modders with experience in C++ and reverse engineering.

The Gothic 3 game engine (Genome) consists of multiple dynamic-link libraries (DLLs) that depend on one another.
    Therefore, each of these DLLs exports most of its functionality. We can reconstruct C++ class and function declarations
    from the exported symbols, which we then use to interface with the engine.

The example scripts included in the initial release version of the SDK are only mildly exciting,
    mostly little modifications I already posted here in the forum.
    The "good stuff" (bugfixes, improvements and extended modding functionalities) is entangled with changes specific to Community Story Project,
    and I haven't found the time to untangle the mess. Can't promise anything, but I will try to extract and release the relevant changes in the near future.
    Geändert von George (20.05.2019 um 01:13 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von llEill

llEill ist offline
    Hail George!

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Don-Esteban Beitrag anzeigen
    Jetzt auch als Download auf WoG:
    https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_601.htm
    Erstmal danke dafür. Ich würde es allerdings bevorzugen, wenn anstatt der doch etwas holprig klingenden maschinell übersetzten deutschen Beschreibung, das englischsprachige Original zum Einsatz kommen würde.
    Zumal ich davon ausgehe, dass die Personen, die mit dem SDK etwas anfangen können, der englischen Sprache ausreichend mächtig sind.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Union - Testphase Avatar von Niko5511

Niko5511 ist offline
    @George Bist du zufällig auch Gratt aus den worldofplayers.ru Foren und damit Ersteller des Union SDK Pakets für Gothic 1 und 2?

Wurde nur fast zeitgleich released https://worldofplayers.ru/threads/41415/ deshalb frage ich.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Niko5511 Beitrag anzeigen
    @George Bist du zufällig auch Gratt aus den worldofplayers.ru Foren und damit Ersteller des Union SDK Pakets für Gothic 1 und 2?

Wurde nur fast zeitgleich released https://worldofplayers.ru/threads/41415/ deshalb frage ich.
    Nein, der bin ich nicht, die Zeitgleichheit war nur Zufall

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren

George ist offline
    As promised here and here I know released my lightmap generation tooling, as part of the Gothic 3 SDK.

Script_ModMe
    Script_ModMe is a collection of modifications to Gothic 3's engine intended for modders.

Documentation: https://docs.georgeto.de/script_modme/
    Download: Script_ModMe.7z
    Source code: Github
    Geändert von George (22.01.2020 um 21:48 Uhr) Grund: Fixed bug in CompileLightmaps

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Adventurer

yukoz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von George Beitrag anzeigen

Script_ModMe
    Script_ModMe is a collection of modifications to Gothic 3's engine intended for modders.
    Hi. I got an error when trying to use CompileLightmaps command.

[Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48805&d=1579723640&thumb=1]

Logs:

logs.zip

Gothic 3 Patch_v1.75.14 is installed.
    Folder Lightmaps is created.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von yukoz Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi. I got an error when trying to use CompileLightmaps command.
    You are right, there was a obvious bug in the parameterless variant of CompileLightmaps.
    I hadn't noticed till now, because I always passed parameteres to the CompileLightmaps command to limit the calculation area.

I have replaced the attachment in my previous post with a fixed version.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Adventurer

yukoz ist offline
    Therefore the instance lighting is additionally saved into the StaticLightdata folder. Each .sldat contains the instance lighting of one entity. With g3dit, you can import the .sldat files, and thus assign the recalculated instance lighting to entities.
    How to assign created .sldat files to needed entities? I cannot find such a possibility in g3dit.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Rock Me Amadeus  Avatar von Askanius

Askanius ist offline
    Just use the marked option.

[Bild: sldat.png]

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren
    Adventurer

yukoz ist offline
    Hi, I added a house with a new mesh and textures to Ardea and tried to recount the lighting maps, but after that the house became too dark. What am I doing wrong?
    New Mesh (before and after):

[Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48835&d=1580410319&thumb=1][Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48834&d=1580410307&thumb=1]

Original Mesh:
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48836&d=1580410701&thumb=1]
    Geändert von yukoz (30.01.2020 um 19:58 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

stereoamplifier ist offline
    Hi, I added a house with a new mesh and textures to Ardea and tried to recount the lighting maps, but after that the house became too dark. What am I doing wrong?
    New Mesh (before and after):

[Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48835&d=1580410319&thumb=1][Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48834&d=1580410307&thumb=1]

Original Mesh:
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48836&d=1580410701&thumb=1]

Hah! I have similar problem, sh*t. What´s wrong?

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von stereoamplifier Beitrag anzeigen
    Hah! I have similar problem, sh*t. What´s wrong?
    I suspect the problem is a part of the mesh called 'lightmap UV groups', which is not calculated by the existing tools (e.g. G3MC or Rimy3D).
    Fortunately Script_ModMe allows you to let Gothic 3 calculate the lightmap UV groups for your new mesh. See the documentation for a tutorial.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    Adventurer

yukoz ist offline
    I suspect the problem is a part of the mesh called 'lightmap UV groups', which is not calculated by the existing tools (e.g. G3MC or Rimy3D).
    Fortunately Script_ModMe allows you to let Gothic 3 calculate the lightmap UV groups for your new mesh. See the documentation for a tutorial.
    The object was fixed a little bit, but it looks as sunlight does not apply to the object.
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48837&d=1580417488&thumb=1]

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren

George ist offline
    When you send me your house mesh, lightmap and the .node containing the corresponding entity, I can take look, maybe I am able to figure out what goes wrong.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren
    Adventurer

yukoz ist offline
    When you send me your house mesh, lightmap and the .node containing the corresponding entity, I can take look, maybe I am able to figure out what goes wrong.
    House_Storage_Ardea

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FEm...ew?usp=sharing

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren

George ist offline
    My guess is that the vertex normals of your mesh are messed up.

After a little bit of fruitless experimentation, I loaded your mesh into Rimy3D and exported it again, with the "Recalculate By Angle" option selected for the vertex normals.
    Then I let Script_ModMe fix the uv lightmaps, recompiled the lightmap and got the following result.
    Looks good to me!
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48840&d=1580603607&thumb=1]

Then I repeated the same process, but this time with the "Keep if possible" option selected for the vertex normals.
    The result was not as bad as the original mesh, but unlike the version with the recalculated vertex normals, small parts of the mesh are black.
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48841&d=1580603702&thumb=1]

I am not very familiar with mesh creation for Gothic 3, so I can't tell you exactly what you are doing wrong, nor what would be the optimal way to get your meshes into the game.
    Either you have to figure out a functioning workflow for yourself, or find someone in this forum that is more experienced with the matter than me.
    Possible candidates that I know are chris-40 or controlled.
    Angehängte Dateien

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren
    Adventurer

yukoz ist offline
    My guess is that the vertex normals of your mesh are messed up.
    After a little bit of fruitless experimentation, I loaded your mesh into Rimy3D and exported it again, with the "Recalculate By Angle" option selected for the vertex normals.
    Then I let Script_ModMe fix the uv lightmaps, recompiled the lightmap and got the following result.
    How did you fix the mesh? I did the same and also try all export options and the result is one - after recalculation objects are too dark.
    What command do you use to recalculate lightmaps? I use this one - CompileLightmaps <Entity> <Square-edge-length>
    What angle do you choose in Rimsy3D? I use default - 80
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48843&d=1580645122&thumb=1][Bild: attachment.php?s=b5278efbbefbf6a389f57b3ae01b80aa&attachmentid=48844&d=1580645174&thumb=1]

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren

George ist offline
    How did you fix the mesh? I did the same and also try all export options and the result is one - after recalculation objects are too dark.
    What command do you use to recalculate lightmaps? I use this one - CompileLightmaps <Entity> <Square-edge-length>
    What angle do you choose in Rimsy3D? I use default - 80
    For me the angle was set to 70° by default.
    I walked with the hero into the building and then executed CompileLightmaps PC_Hero 2000.

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »