Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 20 von 24 « Erste ... 913161718192021222324 Letzte »
Ergebnis 381 bis 400 von 478
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #381
    Apprentice Avatar von Gastralur

Gastralur ist offline

DX11

Hello, I had Windows 10 Home on my previous gaming laptop MSI GT 70 with NVIDIA GTX 680m graphics card.
    Now I have desktop with the same OS: Win. 10 Home but AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card, adrenaline drivers.
    However, all other games work without problems like I wrote in my post.
    There is obviously some nasty peculiar problem but so far, I cannot identify thats why I wrote to Masty and this thread as well because I anticipated
    that some other members also had hardware/software issues concerning Gothic 2...

2. Beiträge anzeigen #382

Gastralur ist offline

DX11

Hello, I also doubt that DX11 renderer would not work just because I have AMD Radeon RX580.
    There must be some another peculiar problem.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #383
    Rookie

im-charming ist offline

Bleeding effect / Blood decals AND Skybox

Hello!

In Gothic 1, I am not seeing the bleeding effect (blood on the ground) with this mod installed. I understand that this is a common issue. Can you please provide a workaround?

I also can see a band of blue/pink around the horizon. The skybox does not seem to cover the whole sky with this mod installed. Is there a fix for this as well? Pictures of what I am talking about are here: https://imgur.com/a/6D9fH8D

I appreciate any help you can lend.

Thanks!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #384
    Aus dem Reich der Mitte Avatar von JudgeKyle

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Hello and welcome here!

I recommend you to use Kirides Yet Another D3D11 Renderer, it's based on the Clockwork Edition Renderer, has many more bugfixes and should run Gothic with more stability overall.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #385
    Rookie

im-charming ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JudgeKyle Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello and welcome here!

I recommend you to use Kirides Yet Another D3D11 Renderer, it's based on the Clockwork Edition Renderer, has many more bugfixes and should run Gothic with more stability overall.
    Hi there! I believe I am using the latest version. I followed this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=484664831

The above guide updated the version on 5/11/19, so I assume it includes Kirides' update from 4/11/19!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #386
    Ritter Avatar von DavidVanScouten

DavidVanScouten ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gothaholic Beitrag anzeigen
    (ATI is no longer as you may have noticed... ).
    Of course I know that. As an old hand, I usually use the original company of the time.

Zitat Zitat von Gastralur Beitrag anzeigen
    ALL games work flawlessly: The witcher 3, Doom 3, COH 2, Gothic 3, CS GO.
    These games also do not use a separately programmed additional renderer, like for Gothic.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #387

Gastralur ist offline

Gothic 2 working with DX11

Hello

I have finally managed to run G2 Gold with DX11 tech.

This is my "secret formula" :-) which has finally got it run:

2.6.0.0 fix rev2, player kit 2.8, SystemPack 1.8, DX11 17.7 renderer, CrashFix mem. fix v006, 4GB patch, LHiver Base 1.1.5, LHiver Scripts 1.1.5, LHiver Music

The game works with DX11 + LHiver. Very smooth gameplay, occasionally micro-lags in the city, no crashes within 6H gameplay except 1 SaveGame crash.
    The game looks very interesting and overall models and graphics is well done. Vegetation is significantly adjusted, Khorinis is also heavily impacted with a castle on the hill
    and the new models of buildings and completely re-designed harbor. The map is also significantly adjusted.

What I quite like about this mode is that though graphics are significantly altered, still, a general Gothic 2 vanilla feel of the game is preserved.
    There are also changes to characters, there are even some new characters, beasts and what is quite surprising is the fact that the beasts can now
    operate in a more complex fashion, doing various side-kicks, encirclements and their overall design of movement and action is more agile and realistic.

It is very interesting mode to say at least, however, its difficulty is immense, making Gothic 2 true hardcore RPG.
    Gothic 2 NOTR was much more difficult than G2 and that by itself was difficult for many people, so how can be perceived LHiver then?
    I am currently on Onars farm aspiring to get listed into mercenaries but frankly, my abilities are of a harmless kid by now. I cannot slay even a wolf on 100% though I posses 45 strength and rough sword. It is noticeably more difficult than G2 Gold NOTR. To pass the Torlofs test and slay militia at Bengars farm will be truly a challenge. At least I have some spells which helped me to pass from Khorinis at Onars farm in the first place.

The firstcomers/newcomers into G2 would be totally overwhelmed by the game and its difficulty. I think they would have a problem coming to the city and to become one of the apprentices would be a 1-week challenge for them. I am an experienced player and it is certainly hardcore.
    Not to mention that there is a shortage of gold and there is a total re-design of herbs effects and potions effects and purchasable goods from merchants like Zuris.
    I am the experienced player but with LHiver, it seems to be a kinda new game which is also beneficial, of course.

The mode is not without bugs. I have 1 handed weapon and a shield but often I experience a bug where only a weapon is used but not the shield. And it does not react on re-equip or dis-equip of either of the shield, nor the weapon. Also, some corpses do not show a description which makes them un-searchable.

Any insights on how to deal with these 2 bugs?

My thanks to the creators of LHiver and the necessary software to make it work!

8. Beiträge anzeigen #388
    Ritter Avatar von Kirides

Kirides ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gastralur Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello

The mode is not without bugs. I have 1 handed weapon and a shield but often I experience a bug where only a weapon is used but not the shield. And it does not react on re-equip or dis-equip of either of the shield, nor the weapon. Also, some corpses do not show a description which makes them un-searchable.

Any insights on how to deal with these 2 bugs?

My thanks to the creators of LHiver and the necessary software to make it work!
    Both of the issues you mention have nothing to do with this renderer and rather belong to a L'Hiver 1.1.5 Thread (try the Modifikationen sub-forum => https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...Modifikationen)

If i were to guess, this looks like a good place to start https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...lish-Edition-2

Or just open up a separate Thread there

9. Beiträge anzeigen #389
    Adventurer Avatar von Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin ist offline
    Hi. I've tried out the renderer - currently at version X17_4. It looks like awesome work, deserving praise.

But for now I cannot play with it. Here's why:

1. Performance:
    Feels sluggish. Most noticeably, the game takes like half a minute to exit. Without the renderer it exits near-instantly. Why would this be?
    Also, saves load slower, though the difference isn't as dramatic.

2. Much too dark at night; I can't see anything. But if I lower contrast or increase brightness, it gets too bright in the day. Sunlight manipulation kiiiinda solved this one, though, so I would be okay with this alone.

3. Tesselation (one of the main things I wanted to see, based on comparison screenshots I've seen) doesn't work right. Character models look like they are mostly made of holes.

4. Underwater view is way too blurry. There should be a setting for this we can lower/turn off.

5. Mists on mountains, like what you can see by looking up south from the Khorinis port, look solid and unnatural, especially at night.

That's what I noticed in like a few minutes of playing with it.

Also, I tried Yet Another Renderer that someone linked to before. That one doesn't cause a slow game exit (so it can be done!) but tesselation doesn't seem to do anything at all, and it crashes often for me, so not a viable suggestion for me.

So, anyway, any of those issues look solveable? I confess I haven't read all the #22 threads, and besides, ich kann nicht sehr gut Deutsch lesen, so forgive me if any of this has been addressed before.
    Taten sind die Gebete eines Soldaten, und Siege seine Opfergaben.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #390

Kirides ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Markus Ramikin Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi. I've tried out the renderer - currently at version X17_4. It looks like awesome work, deserving praise.

But for now I cannot play with it. Here's why:

1. Performance:
    Feels sluggish. Most noticeably, the game takes like half a minute to exit. Without the renderer it exits near-instantly. Why would this be?
    Also, saves load slower, though the difference isn't as dramatic.

2. Much too dark at night; I can't see anything. But if I lower contrast or increase brightness, it gets too bright in the day. Sunlight manipulation kiiiinda solved this one, though, so I would be okay with this alone.

3. Tesselation (one of the main things I wanted to see, based on comparison screenshots I've seen) doesn't work right. Character models look like they are mostly made of holes.

4. Underwater view is way too blurry. There should be a setting for this we can lower/turn off.

5. Mists on mountains, like what you can see by looking up south from the Khorinis port, look solid and unnatural, especially at night.

That's what I noticed in like a few minutes of playing with it.

Also, I tried Yet Another Renderer that someone linked to before. That one doesn't cause a slow game exit (so it can be done!) but tesselation doesn't seem to do anything at all, and it crashes often for me, so not a viable suggestion for me.

So, anyway, any of those issues look solveable? I confess I haven't read all the #22 threads, and besides, ich kann nicht sehr gut Deutsch lesen, so forgive me if any of this has been addressed before.
    • 1. The renderer uses a lot more resources than regular gothic. This version tries to clean them up when exiting. Newer versions of the renderer just kill the process, because Nvidia cards seems to have problems with freeing up resources in a specific manner.
    • 2. That's how it is.
    • 3. Tesselation never worked properly, and probably never will. items will be buried underneath rounded vobs (e.g. stoneplates or rings will seem disappear inside a rock)
    • 4. My Renderer (the one you mentioned) reduces the bluriness by a lot. Also it is currently the same as the latest Clockwork-Edition Renderer.
    • How does the Yet Another-Renderer crash on you? Gothic-Access Violation message? "Gothic just closes"? can you provide a "log.txt" (located in \...\Gothic\System\-directory) of your crashed session? What were you doing when it crashed?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #391
    Lehrling

KenshinG ist offline
    Yo ich hab nen Bug und wollte den hier auch nochmal posten weil ich von den Kommentaren darauf hingewiesen wurde ( und es sinn ergibt ), dass vermutlich der Renderer diesen auslöst. Details habe ich hier beschrieben https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...nn-ich-KO-gehe

tl:dr zum Thread: Wenn ich Buster umboxe und seinen "Bogen" nehme dann stürzt danach das spiel ab wann immer ich ko gehe es sei denn ich verkaufe den Bogen.

Ich weiß nicht ob das nur bei Buster der Fall ist oder generell wenn ich einen Bogen nehme bzw. im Inventar habe. Jedoch wenn ich einen Bogen nur im Inventar habe, den ich angelegt habe, dann tritt der Bug nicht auf. Um Missverständnisse zu vermeiden es geht spezifisch um das Item "Bogen" nicht Ulmenbogen oder Kurzbogen oder so, sondern nur "Bogen". Habe auch einen Ulmenbogen und einen Kurzbogen im Inventar (was für ein Zufall) und das geht anscheinen. Aber ein 2. Bogen im Inventar und das Game ist bugged

edit: Scheint wohl ein bug von der Atarier edition zu sein. Also alles gut.
    Geändert von KenshinG (23.06.2020 um 16:44 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #392
    Union - Testphase Avatar von Niko5511

Niko5511 ist offline
    Ist ein Gammaregler noch auf der Agenda? :-)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #393
    Adventurer Avatar von Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin ist offline
    Reinstalled the Yet Another Renderer it just so I can answer you...
    Zitat Zitat von Kirides Beitrag anzeigen
    • 1. The renderer uses a lot more resources than regular gothic. This version tries to clean them up when exiting. Newer versions of the renderer just kill the process, because Nvidia cards seems to have problems with freeing up resources in a specific manner.
    • 2. That's how it is.
    • 3. Tesselation never worked properly, and probably never will. items will be buried underneath rounded vobs (e.g. stoneplates or rings will seem disappear inside a rock)
    • 4. My Renderer (the one you mentioned) reduces the bluriness by a lot. Also it is currently the same as the latest Clockwork-Edition Renderer.
    • How does the Yet Another-Renderer crash on you? Gothic-Access Violation message? "Gothic just closes"? can you provide a "log.txt" (located in \...\Gothic\System\-directory) of your crashed session? What were you doing when it crashed?
    2. I wonder if it would be possible to have a starlight factor that would work like the sunlight factor, and provide some more natural light at night? How did the original Gothic do this, anyway.

4. Ah yes, water is much more bearable in that version.

Crashes - I honestly don't remember if they were CTD or with an error message, was tired. At the time I was faffing about in Khorinis' port, experimenting a lot with the renderer's settings. Maybe i hit an obscure one that shouldn't have been touched. Also, I started and quit the game many times (for reasons), which may have led to problems due to lack of proper cleanup.
    Right now after installing the renderer again I can't seem to reproduce it, though.

EDIT: also, while trying this I missed the item swell+glow, from zHighLightScale. The renderer ignores this?

Well, for now back to my playthrough. Maybe one day I'll give this a longer whirl.
    Taten sind die Gebete eines Soldaten, und Siege seine Opfergaben.
    Geändert von Markus Ramikin (23.06.2020 um 23:50 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #394
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Markus Ramikin Beitrag anzeigen
    2. I wonder if it would be possible to have a starlight factor that would work like the sunlight factor, and provide some more natural light at night? How did the original Gothic do this, anyway.
    in G1 there is a moon and in G2 there is an even bigger moon. so like in real life the night is far away from being as dark as it is when using the Renderer (if there are no clouds). the missing moon for me is one of the biggest disadvantages when using the Renderer.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #395

JudgeKyle ist offline
    in G1 there is a moon and in G2 there is an even bigger moon. so like in real life the night is far away from being as dark as it is when using the Renderer (if there are no clouds). the missing moon for me is one of the biggest disadvantages when using the Renderer.
    If you turn off "Atmospheric Scattering" you can see the moon again; in Gothic 1 it's even highly recommended to do, because you won't see the magic barrier if you don't turn it off.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #396

Gothaholic ist offline
    If you turn off "Atmospheric Scattering" you can see the moon again; in Gothic 1 it's even highly recommended to do, because you won't see the magic barrier if you don't turn it off.
    das könnte ich in der Tat nochmal probieren. bei älteren Versionen des Renderers hatte ich zu viele Darstellungsfehler wenn diese Funktion deaktiviert war, aber es hat sich ja einiges getan inzwischen.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #397

JudgeKyle ist offline
    das könnte ich in der Tat nochmal probieren. bei älteren Versionen des Renderers hatte ich zu viele Darstellungsfehler wenn diese Funktion deaktiviert war, aber es hat sich ja einiges getan inzwischen.
    Ich konnte soweit keine Fehler feststellen, außer dass man in Gothic 2, soweit ich weiß, die Beliarstatuen nicht benutzen kann. Wenn du darauf aber keinen Wert legst, solltest du es mal probieren.

Getestet habe ich es ein wenig mit der Nostalgic Edition; gespielt habe ich es mit der Modifikation Valendor. Nur bei der Modifikation Aus dem Leben eines Diebes funktioniert es nicht, da es mit deaktiviertem Atmospheric Scattering zu Abstürzen beim Speichern kommt (wieso auch immer).

Und in Gothic 1 wird es, wie bereits geschrieben, sogar empfohlen zu deaktivieren, da man sonst die magische Barriere nicht mehr zu Gesicht bekommt.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #398

Gothaholic ist offline
    Ich konnte soweit keine Fehler feststellen, außer dass man in Gothic 2, soweit ich weiß, die Beliarstatuen nicht benutzen kann. Wenn du darauf aber keinen Wert legst, solltest du es mal probieren.
    hab's mal getestet und das mit den Beliarstatuen ist mir dann auch gleich wieder eingefallen (hab's auch überprüft, an den Statuen ist man in der Tat im Blindflug unterwegs). hm, schwierig, die Beleuchtung des Himmels ist zwar ohne AS schon etwas besser und man sieht wieder den Mond. andererseits habe ich das Gefühl es ist abseits von direkten Lichtquellen wie Laternen, beleuchteten Häusern etc. nicht wirklich heller. es wird auch mit dieser Einstellung nicht so eine Beleuchtung in der Nacht erzeugt wie das ohne Renderer der Fall ist.

Und in Gothic 1 wird es, wie bereits geschrieben, sogar empfohlen zu deaktivieren, da man sonst die magische Barriere nicht mehr zu Gesicht bekommt.
    das ist mir persönlich egal, ehrlich gesagt spiele ich sogar lieber ohne Barriere, das gibt mir ein besseres open-world Feeling (auch wenn mir klar ist dass Gothic-Puristen bei dieser Äußerung Schnappatmung bekommen ). G1 spiele ich zudem eher selten. ich bin in erster Linie G2-Spieler und der ganz überwiegende Teil der Mods basiert überdies ja auch auf G2.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #399

Kirides ist offline
    hab's mal getestet und das mit den Beliarstatuen ist mir dann auch gleich wieder eingefallen (hab's auch überprüft, an den Statuen ist man in der Tat im Blindflug unterwegs). hm, schwierig, die Beleuchtung des Himmels ist zwar ohne AS schon etwas besser und man sieht wieder den Mond. andererseits habe ich das Gefühl es ist abseits von direkten Lichtquellen wie Laternen, beleuchteten Häusern etc. nicht wirklich heller. es wird auch mit dieser Einstellung nicht so eine Beleuchtung in der Nacht erzeugt wie das ohne Renderer der Fall ist.

das ist mir persönlich egal, ehrlich gesagt spiele ich sogar lieber ohne Barriere, das gibt mir ein besseres open-world Feeling (auch wenn mir klar ist dass Gothic-Puristen bei dieser Äußerung Schnappatmung bekommen ). G1 spiele ich zudem eher selten. ich bin in erster Linie G2-Spieler und der ganz überwiegende Teil der Mods basiert überdies ja auch auf G2.
    Ich habe bzgl. des Beliar Schrein Problems schon ein Fix eingebaut.
    Dieser ist in der aktuellen Clockwork-Renderer Version auf Spine drin.
    Es sieht aber noch so aus, als wäre der WoG Download link noch nicht auf diese Version aktualisiert worden.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #400

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Es ist wahr, dass es nachts trotz des Mondes immer noch sehr dunkel ist und ich würde mir auch wünschen, dass man in der Nacht ein wenig besser sehen könnte. Auf den Renderer verzichten möchte ich aber auch irgendwie nicht.

das ist mir persönlich egal, ehrlich gesagt spiele ich sogar lieber ohne Barriere, das gibt mir ein besseres open-world Feeling (auch wenn mir klar ist dass Gothic-Puristen bei dieser Äußerung Schnappatmung bekommen ).
    Wie.. kannst.. du.. es.. wagen!

Die magische Barriere immer mal wieder aufblitzen zu sehen, gehört einfach dazu (und ist sehr atmosphärisch, wie ich finde). Nicht, dass man am Ende noch vergisst, dass man ja in einem Freiluftgefängnis festsitzt.

Zitat Zitat von Kirides Beitrag anzeigen
    Ich habe bzgl. des Beliar Schrein Problems schon ein Fix eingebaut.
    Dieser ist in der aktuellen Clockwork-Renderer Version auf Spine drin.
    Es sieht aber noch so aus, als wäre der WoG Download link noch nicht auf diese Version aktualisiert worden.
    Das ist klasse, dankeschön! Wobei es mir eigentlich eh egal war, da ich nicht auf der Seite Beliars stehe.

Wäre wirklich schön, wenn die Clockwork Edition einen eigenen Thread hier im Forum bekommen würde, in dem man immer die aktuellste Version finden kann. Gerade für Spieler, die Spine nicht benutzen wollen, wäre das sehr erfreulich.

Seite 20 von 24 « Erste ... 913161718192021222324 Letzte »