HI Forum

I'm playing Gothic 1, loaded from the Gothic Universe CD, with patch1.08k, playerkit 2.8 and systempack 1.7. OS is windows 10 64bit. I have disabled the mouse in the .ini file to avoid having a cursor sitting in the middle of the screen.

Since I got into chapter 2, I am having problems with fighting monsters. Even when they are close to me, I do not 'see' them, they are not highlighted or labelled. I have to wait till they hit me before I can target them.

This did not happen to me at all in Chapter 1, everything worked perfectly there.

UPDATE: I've just been settling a dispute with a snaggle of 11 orc dogs which gave me a chance to get a better look at what is happening. It is this: if I am fighting 2 or more enemies, the target stays on the first one, even though it is dead e.g. it still shows me Orc Dog even though the monster is dead and I am wielding a weapon so nothing should be highlighted for looting. This is REALLY annoying, in the heat of battle you think the target has shifted to another monster, but it hasn't, you have to move physically to shift it.

I would be grateful for any suggestions: I am not knowledgeable about software or anything to do with computers, as you can probably tell from my message.

Thank you in advance.