Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 15
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero

F a w k e s ist offline

WORLD.ZEN vertex editing ?

Hello folks,
    I have only recently recognized that something went wrong with my world.zen file and all of a sudden part of a my G1 world was shifted.
    If you walk around old camp there is a visible line - an empty space between vertexes.
    [Bild: GM-World-Issue.png]
    I am usually keeping at least last 10 versions of world.zen file (spacer caused me to get some gray hair) when I am doing some changes - but when I checked - even my oldest backup has this problem already (it must have been there for a while and I never noticed )
    Is it possible to fix this somehow? Can I move somehow these vertexes in world.zen?
    I know you can use Spacer to move vertexes with menu World > Compile World > tick Editormode, Engine Outdoor - problem is I cannot export this as a ZEN file (Save as ZEN is greyed out and not enabled in editormode). And I don't want to start from scratch, my edited world already contains hundreds of new freepoints, waypoints, vobs etc.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    banned

Moe ist offline
    Did you change anything about the .3ds level mesh itself? Clearly there must be something wrong with the meshes that are currently compiled in your world.zen. I would get some fresh level-meshes and compile them in the zen. If you did edit the .3ds file in any way maybe you have backups of these files as well?
    Geändert von Moe (05.04.2019 um 00:56 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von F a w k e s Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello folks,
    I have only recently recognized that something went wrong with my world.zen file and all of a sudden part of a my G1 world was shifted.
    If you walk around old camp there is a visible line - an empty space between vertexes.
    [Bild: GM-World-Issue.png]
    I am usually keeping at least last 10 versions of world.zen file (spacer caused me to get some gray hair) when I am doing some changes - but when I checked - even my oldest backup has this problem already (it must have been there for a while and I never noticed )
    Is it possible to fix this somehow? Can I move somehow these vertexes in world.zen?
    I know you can use Spacer to move vertexes with menu World > Compile World > tick Editormode, Engine Outdoor - problem is I cannot export this as a ZEN file (Save as ZEN is greyed out and not enabled in editormode). And I don't want to start from scratch, my edited world already contains hundreds of new freepoints, waypoints, vobs etc.
    Have you tried recompiling the world? The level meshes of its part need to be available for this.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Local Hero

F a w k e s ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Moe Beitrag anzeigen
    Did you change anything about the .3ds level mesh itself? Clearly there must be something wrong with the meshes that are currently compiled in your world.zen. I would get some fresh level-meshes and compile them in the zen. If you did edit the .3ds file in any way maybe you have backups of these files as well?
    Zitat Zitat von Milky-Way Beitrag anzeigen
    Have you tried recompiling the world? The level meshes of its part need to be available for this.
    Now that's what is interesting - I didn't change anything with original 3DS files.
    All those changes which I introduced (like new FP, WP, vobs, movers etc) were done directly in world.zen - so if I would recompile - I would loose my changes There must be another way to fix this.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    In our Nyx.zen I have the exact same problem (although I have not edited the world.zen directly) at the same location.
    But I have not yet tried to fix it because its a "minor" bug.. But still I have no idea where this is coming from.
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Ska-Ara

Ska-Ara ist offline
    i guess its a problem when gothic triangulates the mesh. its easy fixable if you just adjust the 3d mesh. just take the wrong vertices.. use something like "align on vertex" and stick it to the right one.

@faw you could try to open your zen as an uncompiled file. it should just reload the 3d meshes not the "part" zens.
    so it shouldnt affect your spaced stuff. but better try it with a save copy, for all cases

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ska-Ara Beitrag anzeigen
    i guess its a problem when gothic triangulates the mesh. its easy fixable if you just adjust the 3d mesh. just take the wrong vertices.. use something like "align on vertex" and stick it to the right one.

@faw you could try to open your zen as an uncompiled file. it should just reload the 3d meshes not the "part" zens.
    so it shouldnt affect your spaced stuff. but better try it with a save copy, for all cases
    Das Problem tritt genau zwischen zwei getrennten Meshes auf, zwischen dem OldCamp und dem Surface-Mesh. Also kannst dus nicht einfach verbinden. Aber align scheint ja was anderes zu sein. Weißt du, wo man das in Blender machen kann? Aber ist doch komisch, dass soetwas passieren kann in seinem Fall, wenn er nie was an den Meshes geändert hat..
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Ska-Ara

Ska-Ara ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    Das Problem tritt genau zwischen zwei getrennten Meshes auf, zwischen dem OldCamp und dem Surface-Mesh. Also kannst dus nicht einfach verbinden. Aber align scheint ja was anderes zu sein. Weißt du, wo man das in Blender machen kann? Aber ist doch komisch, dass soetwas passieren kann in seinem Fall, wenn er nie was an den Meshes geändert hat..
    just load both meshes into a session.. align the vertices.. and export them single one by one.
    but yea i dont know why this happens exactly. one of the multiplayer servers had this problem too. dont know why exactly. probably triangulation or some kind of koordination boolean

and i missspelled the tool. its not aligning.. its snapping.
    https://blender.stackexchange.com/qu...fferent-object

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    banned

Moe ist offline
    Now that's what is interesting - I didn't change anything with original 3DS files.
    All those changes which I introduced (like new FP, WP, vobs, movers etc) were done directly in world.zen - so if I would recompile - I would loose my changes There must be another way to fix this.
    You shouldn't lose anything by compiling your zen once again. Only the meshes should change.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Serima Avatar von Fisk2033

Fisk2033 ist offline
    Otherwise FAWKES could try to fill a fresh/empty WORLD.ZEN (without any vertex problems) with zSLANG.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Local Hero

F a w k e s ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Moe Beitrag anzeigen
    You shouldn't lose anything by compiling your zen once again. Only the meshes should change.
    Ah ok - tnx! - this is what I didn't know how to do (I was running that macro which compiles it from ZEN files). So in case someone else struggles: I saved world.zen as an uncompiled ascii - this generated 3DS files for oldcamp.3DS, surface.3DS etc. Then I opened oldcamp and surface in Blender and moved vertexes around using Ska-Aras tip below - recompiled my world, and this seems to be ok now.

Zitat Zitat von Ska-Ara Beitrag anzeigen
    just load both meshes into a session.. align the vertices.. and export them single one by one.
    but yea i dont know why this happens exactly. one of the multiplayer servers had this problem too. dont know why exactly. probably triangulation or some kind of koordination boolean

and i missspelled the tool. its not aligning.. its snapping.
    https://blender.stackexchange.com/qu...fferent-object
    Perfect - thank you, this helped a lot! Interestingly enough - seems like original MESHES\LEVEL\*.3DS files which I had were already shifted somehow I don't think I have ever noticed this in vanilla Gothic 1.

Zitat Zitat von Fisk2033 Beitrag anzeigen
    Otherwise FAWKES could try to fill a fresh/empty WORLD.ZEN (without any vertex problems) with zSLANG.
    Damn, I guess zSLANK is another cool thing which can be helpful - I will have to look at it.

Thanks folks ! However new issue - when I have compiled my world now - water is gone, it's solid, and I can walk on it

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist offline
    Ah ok - tnx! - this is what I didn't know how to do (I was running that macro which compiles it from ZEN files). So in case someone else struggles: I saved world.zen as an uncompiled ascii - this generated 3DS files for oldcamp.3DS, surface.3DS etc. Then I opened oldcamp and surface in Blender and moved vertexes around using Ska-Aras tip below - recompiled my world, and this seems to be ok now.

Perfect - thank you, this helped a lot! Interestingly enough - seems like original MESHES\LEVEL\*.3DS files which I had were already shifted somehow I don't think I have ever noticed this in vanilla Gothic 1.

Damn, I guess zSLANK is another cool thing which can be helpful - I will have to look at it.

Thanks folks ! However new issue - when I have compiled my world now - water is gone, it's solid, and I can walk on it
    Sounds like a problem with material filters. I think for Gothic 1 you can find them in our download section. If you compile a mesh without having the material filters files, textures won't have their special properties

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    Local Hero

F a w k e s ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Milky-Way Beitrag anzeigen
    Sounds like a problem with material filters. I think for Gothic 1 you can find them in our download section. If you compile a mesh without having the material filters files, textures won't have their special properties
    You are right! My _work\Tools\Data did not have any *.PML files.
    So I donwloaded MATLIB.zip file from https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_140.htm
    And just to make it more complicated my _work\Tools\Data\Matlib.ini file was empty - so I have used default values suggested by NicoDE:
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...=1#post2243221
    Thank you for your help - I have learned quite a lot today
    Geändert von F a w k e s (05.04.2019 um 19:44 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Demondays

Demondays ist offline
    This is bug from original Gothic, so dont worry about it

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    research Avatar von NicoDE

NicoDE ist offline
    Is there a reason (besides NCARS) why you are not using the Spacer 1.50?
    There is another unofficial update that fixes the Output Units which end with extended ASCII characters.
    "Unter diesen schwierigen Umständen bin ich mir sicher, daß diese guten Menschen meinen augenblicklichen Bedarf an deren Gold verstehen werden." -- Connor
    Geändert von NicoDE (09.04.2019 um 09:42 Uhr)