Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Hello everyone, just got back into Elex and decided I wanted to fix a few things for myself but after nearly 2 days of frustration and wanting to throw my keyboard at my screen I come here to more knowledgeable modders with my hat in my hand.

I've scoured this forum, Google and other places like Reddit and Nexus but unfortunately there isn't much in the way of information to be found. So first things first, I wanted to replace Jax default "no armor/naked" appearance with the body from a basic Alb Soldier.

I replaced the lines in PC_Hero.elexpldoc

Code:
    ClassData {
                    [class eCAnimation3Controller_PS, Version 13] {
                        BodyPart0 {
                            MeshFile1 = "Mesh_Male_FullBody_Alb_Mid_01_L1";
                            MeshFile2 = "";
                            Unknown1 = <00 00>;
                            Unknown2 = <00 00>;
                        }
                        BodyPart1 {
                            MeshFile1 = "Mesh_Male_Head_Player_01_L1";
                            MeshFile2 = "Mesh_Male_Head_Player_01_L1";
                            Unknown1 = <10 00>;
                            Unknown2 = <00 00>;
                        }
                        BodyPart2 {
                            MeshFile1 = "Mesh_Male_Hat_Alb_Mid_01_L1";
                            MeshFile2 = "";
                            Unknown1 = <00 00>;
                            Unknown2 = <00 00>;

Repacked it and popped that modified file into my packed folder. Didn't work. Okay, I thought, maybe one of the other 2 PC_Hero files needs to be edited instead. So I changed the same lines in PC_Hero_CS_WithoutClothing & PC_Hero_CS_DressUpDoll. No dice.

Any help would be appreciated on this. Also I have been trying to figure out how to edit the chest at the start of the game (right after you go down the Lift and hear the woman's voice but before you go out and meet Duras) with all Faction Armors & other goodies or in an extreme case placing a completely new chest but I can't quite figure it out. There was a topic on here where someone posted about adding a Psi-Fist to the starting area but after they figured it out, they didn't actually write how they got it working (they just wrote that it had something to do with positioning).

Honestly though, I feel like the easier option really would be to edit a pre-existing chest instead of popping in a new one. I am starting a new game anyway so it shouldn't be an issue. But I'm not really sure where exactly to start (what files to edit)

So far trying to figure out modding this game has been...frustrating (this is coming from a guy that has been modding games since 1998 and learned how to mod Fable Anniversary which was like pulling teeth).

Sorry if I seem a bit ranty but I am genuinely frustrated trying to do what in most games would be considered very basic modding which makes me feel like a complete idiot.

Thanks for any help.
    Kriztalix ist offline Geändert von Kriztalix (31.03.2019 um 19:24 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von Kriztalix Beitrag anzeigen
    So first things first, I wanted to replace Jax default "no armor/naked" appearance with the body from a basic Alb Soldier.

I replaced the lines in PC_Hero.elexpldoc
    As an ELEX modding beginner I wouldn't start with Jax; why not try Duras?
    Change the "mesh line" you mentioned in the EDA_NPCs.elexsecdoc (world sector file). Iirc change should be visible without modifying the elextple. If you want it perfect you need to trick around with the tple and the guids but I'm not motivated to recall the process because it's simple to place items in a chest.

Also I have been trying to figure out how to edit the chest at the start of the game (...) with all Faction Armors & other goodies or in an extreme case placing a completely new chest but I can't quite figure it out.
    "all Faction Armors"? Well, you can do what you want but I'm not interested in cheating (apart from an overpowered axe to master the first 10 hours challenge).

There was a topic on here where someone posted about adding a Psi-Fist to the starting area but after they figured it out, they didn't actually write how they got it working (they just wrote that it had something to do with positioning).
    Simply use Duras' postion (search for NewPos in the forum) from EDA_NPCs for the chest with the x position increased by 100 (about 1m ingame).

Honestly though, I feel like the easier option really would be to edit a pre-existing chest instead of popping in a new one. I am starting a new game anyway so it shouldn't be an issue. But I'm not really sure where exactly to start (what files to edit)
    It's not easier because you need to search such chest in the files then in the game. Placing a new one near Duras is the better option imho.
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Tuvok, scannen Sie den Planeten nach Mikroplastik!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Zitat Zitat von tombom81 Beitrag anzeigen
    "all Faction Armors"? Well, you can do what you want but I'm not interested in cheating (apart from an overpowered axe to master the first 10 hours challenge).
    Well maybe all was a bit of an exaggeration. But I do like to Roleplay a bit while playing and part of that involves me changing outfits according to my current position in the story and world. Moreso since I already played and beat the game at release and this playthrough is more for relaxation and enjoyment than any real challenge (I get enough challenges at work and playing Sekiro which just came out)

Sadly the faction armors are locked off and while I am going to play Cleric, I would still like to wear Cultivator Armor in Edan and Enforcer/Captain armor in Tavar. Also, isn't spawning an overpowered axe considered more cheaty that spawning outfits for aesthetic reasons?

Anyway, I did manage to figure things out. Actually, instead of spawning a chest i found it was much easier to take a pre-existing mod from Nexus (Robot Shopkeeper in start area) and simply edit his sell inventory as well as using the Duras dialogue script you posted in another thread to have him give me Elexit every time we talk. So I can actually afford the items I gave him to sell.

On a side note, the few days of headache did allow me learn quite a lot. I even did some item appearance & stat editing to make the game fit more what I want.

Also for future reference (in case anyone comes in this topic who is also new to modding Elex and didn't know where to start like me). I had a hard time figuring out why Spells would not show up in my shopkeeper inventory and learned that it is because Spells do not have a buy/sell price. Just need to add a random price to those 2 stats and Spells will show up for sale in the shops you post them in.

Just my small contribution of information to anyone looking to mod this game
    Kriztalix ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von Kriztalix Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, isn't spawning an overpowered axe considered more cheaty
    Nope. In the first 10 hours it makes the difference between loving and hating the game. For me at least. It's quick 'n dirty, of course.
    (I'm thinking about ways to prevent monsters from throwing slime or decrease their damage but it's not easy.)
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Tuvok, scannen Sie den Planeten nach Mikroplastik!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline