Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 51
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Mexxis ist offline

Ground problem

Hi, its me again. ( from this topic --> https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...to-make-Guards )

Guys you helped me with making guards where i want. I have some problems with that, but the primary problem is. 80% of guards what i make will not stand with halberd Because the ground is probably bad or something that. They will go to that possition. But they standing there only and not take halberd from NPC back. In the last topic somebody telled me the ground is bad and he remaked me one possition. Its any easy result to this ? I want to make guards but what i said, 80% NPCS are on that possition but they standing only and they are trying to guard but they bugging because of ground probably.

Sorry for my chaotic english. I think i have maked a video on this. The video is here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b96aXPahXdc&t=51s Hamlar cannot take from his back the halberd.

Thanks for every help .

Mexxis

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Do you expect that Dennis is in front of Ardea?

First, you did not change the world position of Dennis. This means Dennis start the game still nearby Montera and then he will go to your new guard point. This may take some time. You should change the world position of Denins too.

Later in front of Ardea you show the coordinates you used (Ctrl+S).
    Note: This coordinates are the current camera position and not the ground position of the hero.

Zoom in as much a possible (first person view of hero).
    The shown camera coordinates are now from the hero head.
    Subtract 200 from the y-coordinate (middle value) and you have the approx ground position of the hero.
    By the way you don't need the decimal places (millimeter).

PS:
    You should give the remote control of g3dit a chance. There you can easily get the ground position of the hero including facing direction.
    In advent calendar 2016 door 16 an example is shown.
    Configure a low resolution for Gothic3, e.g. 1024x768. And then change to window mode in ge3.ini:
    Fullscreen=false
    Center=false
    CaptureCursor=false
    Now you can use g3dit and Gothic3 in parallel.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Mexxis ist offline
    Thanks for you answer. I did not do everything in video. I did the Dennis will be guarding with halberd in front of his house. He was there. But he was only standing and trying to take out his halberd.

- My english is bad. Again sorry for that. I am very glad for that help what i am getting here. Thank you very much. You telling me. If i go to first-person in game and deduct 200 from y-coordinate i ll have possition in the ground and the Dennis should not be bugged ? How can i find the y-coordinate ? Because if i do CTRL+S i can see just three numbers and i dont know which of them is y-coordinate.

In the topic with guards you r friend written me this :

""" During installation of g3dit, put Script_RemoteControl.dll into your Gothic III/scripts folder. You can find it here: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...1#post22376308
    This will allow you to use the Remote -> Live Entity Position feature of g3dit. When you hit "Held" (which means "Hero") you get the current position of the Player in game. Run to the position you want the FP to be. Then click on the yellow cookie button to copy the current position and then hit the 4th button to paste the position to your Freepoint. This will make it much easier to get the right position for your entities. """

I have installed the g3dit and after install i downloaded the scriptremote.dll. and put it to the G3/Scripts folder. Then i started the Gothic 3. go to the destkop and started the G3dit and go for >> Remote --> Held --> and i cannot click on that Cookie in the point 3 in the picture(The picture is in the end of this answer.) . Can you help me with using scriptremote please ? Its looking so hard
    https://upload.worldofplayers.de/files11/remote.png

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Mexxis Beitrag anzeigen
    You telling me. If i go to first-person in game and deduct 200 from y-coordinate i ll have possition in the ground and the Dennis should not be bugged ? How can i find the y-coordinate ? Because if i do CTRL+S i can see just three numbers and i dont know which of them is y-coordinate.
    It's the number in the middle. Take a look in g3dit there you see the numbers named: x, y and z

I have installed the g3dit and after install i downloaded the scriptremote.dll. and put it to the G3/Scripts folder. Then i started the Gothic 3. go to the destkop and started the G3dit and go for >> Remote --> Held --> and i cannot click on that Cookie in the point 3 in the picture(The picture is in the end of this answer.) . Can you help me with using scriptremote please ? Its looking so hard [/COLOR]https://upload.worldofplayers.de/files11/remote.png
    I do not see anything wrong in your picture.
    This button puts the position to clipboard. There is no visible feedback.
    By pressing the 4) button in gdit the position is used for your object.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Mexxis ist offline
    Nice I clonned Orc_Elite_01 NPC and called him Orc_Elite_09. The remote control look it works. Gothic is on 1024x768 resoluttion and PC_hero possition its copying to g3dit. So i give the Orc_Elite_09 world possition and i edited my Orc_Elite_09_Test_Guard animation. I gived the animation routine numbers like to Orc_Elite_09 possition. I have problem. --> Screen : https://ibb.co/Nx0GXR5

Its very nice. My own NPC is standing with halberd where i want. But i see there some problems.
    1. I cannot see the name of NPC. And NPC is standing with halberd but how i do he will stand on side what i want ? He is standing like where i was looking when i was copying the PC_hero possition to the g3dit. But everytime i ll go to destkop PC_Hero is looking someone else and in fact the Orc_elite_09 too. ( Again my chaotic english )

From this chaotic english i have two question. Why i cant see Orc_elite_09 name of the top his head and how i will make the Orc_elite_09 will be standing on side what i want.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    1. I cannot see the name of NPC.
    You must add a "focus name" in stringtable.ini for a new NPC name like "Orc_Elite_09".
    Add a "FO_" in front of your new name, e.g.:
    FO_Orc_Elite_09=Shaman;;Sciamano;;Chaman;;Schamane;;Chamán;;Šaman;;Sámán;;Szaman ;;Шаман;;薩滿;

Read the manual for modders (see folder of your gothic3 installation).
    Because you have to delete the binary stringtable.bin before Gothic3 use your modified stringtable.ini

But everytime i ll go to destkop PC_Hero is looking someone else and in fact the Orc_elite_09 too. ( Again my chaotic english )
    If you are in Gothic3 window use Alt+Tab to change to another application (e.g. remote control).
    Now the mouse control does not change the direction of the hero anymore.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Mexxis ist offline
    Thank you very much. Now i can make guards without any problems. Only that stringtable.ini look hard to edit my new npc name because i dont have any stringtable.ini file in my ini folder in Gothic 3 . I want to ask how hard its to make any quest. Something like Hamlar will give me one more quest like : " After you will find the rebell camp go behind this village and watch for small tower. In that tower you will find Jack. Tell him the orcs are defeated and Javier will send you some rebells to help you with that terrestrial rat."
    And after this i will get some reputation for rebells.

I am asking because i love to make something new in Gothic 3. I know i am problematic guy to understand these programs but still i want to learn it

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    The stringtable.ini is not in the ini folder. You must decompress Strings.pak
    Put the modified into folder Gothic3\Data\Strings like you did with modified files for folder Projects_complied

Delete (backup) the following files from your folder Gothic3\Data:
    Projects_compiled.cpt
    Projects_compiled.p00

See manual for modders for more details.

To edit Dialogs (.info files) and Quest (.quest files) you can use G3IQ.
    G3IQ only supports to edit German strings.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Mexxis ist offline
    I downloaded the G3IQ and it looks hard. Something is in English and something in Deutsch.

I am very happy i can make my own NPCS, spawning items and other stuff. And thank you so much and for later tutorial big thanks to Askanius . I am very glad you both you helped me so much.

I am taking you a lot of time to answer me. But if you wanna teach me how to make one, two simply quests or edit some quest in that G3IQ i will be very happy. Please answer If you dont want i will understand. One more big thank to everybody who helped me in this forum.

Mexxis.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Mexxis ist offline
    Sorry for spam. I just have last question. How i make three NPCs walking from Ardea to Jack tower and back ? Like that three orcs in Ben Erai. They walking in Ben Sala and if i think right they stop on place. They guarding. And for some time they will go again to the second place. Guard there some time and again go back.

EDIT : Ben sala not Ben Erai
    Geändert von Mexxis (10.03.2019 um 20:19 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    I downloaded the G3IQ and it looks hard. Something is in English and something in Deutsch.
    Maybe it take some days, but I will prepare a newer version.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    Sorry for spam. I just have last question. How i make three NPCs walking from Ardea to Jack tower and back ? Like that three orcs in Ben Erai. They walking in Ben Sala and if i think right they stop on place. They guarding. And for some time they will go again to the second place. Guard there some time and again go back.

EDIT : Ben sala not Ben Erai
    Now you ask for the hard ones, e.g. Anchor_Roam

For example search for "Faring_Roam_Ali" and clone it. You need two clones. They must be in a .lrentdat file.
    Rename both clones. The name must be identical: e.g. jojo_Roam_Ardea_Jack
    In tab Anchor delete all childs.

For 3 NPC guards clone at least 3 guards points per anchor point. Finally 3 nearby Jack and 3 nearby Ardea.
    Connect them to the anchor points via child nearby Jack / Ardea, see Faring_Roam_Ali for compare:
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=c61fdda24c4bb6c01e55fc5a45c327e3&attachmentid=47973&d=1552320526&thumb=1]

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Mexxis ist offline
    And what about guards what will guard somewhere, then go to other possition. Guard there and for some time they will go back to first possition and guard there ? Its hard to make this? I would like to do it.

I make guard. And i changed his relaxing and sleeping guid possition. But he is stil guarding on same place

Can you help me to do make these guards like in Geldern ? --> screen : https://ibb.co/qjmRXt1https://ibb.co/QD4ZWfX

In the screen are orcs and they changing possition. How i can do that ? Is so hard to do this? :d

EDIT : remove this message. You answer me only for g3IQ and i thinked you didnt see my topic. Sorry for spam.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Mexxis ist offline
    It looks hard

I maked three rebell guards in Ardea. They guarding on possition. Sorry man litteraly i dont know what to do now. I cloned 3x Faring_Roam_Ali. What now? whats is e.g. ? sorry for my stupidity.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Mexxis ist offline
    I think i ve got it. I want One guard will be travelling from ardea to Jack s tower and back. So i have to make two guard points. One the main guard point where the guard is and the second one where the guard will travel.

So i cloned the Faring_Roam_Ali and renamed it to " jojo_Roam_Ardea_Jack "

So now i will have to take GUID of these two guard point and put it to the Anchor --> child of the
    jojo_Roam_Ardea_Jack file ?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    So now i will have to take GUID of these two guard point and put it to the Anchor --> child of the jojo_Roam_Ardea_Jack file ?
    Correct. It should look something like this:
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=c61fdda24c4bb6c01e55fc5a45c327e3&attachmentid=47975&d=1552333137&thumb=1]

Important is that both anchors have the identical name (In example jojo_Roam_Ardea_Jack). Seach via g3dit, that the name is not already used.
    The names of the childs do not matter, but the child list must include the GUID of the childs.
    Every child must link to AnchorPoint.

If you create more than two anchors (jojo_Roam_Ardea_Jack) it's random there there guard goes next.

If you have more than one guard you need more childs per anchor: one per guard.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Mexxis ist offline
    Maaan. I dont know how but i did it. Guard is changing the possition. It was hard to understand what i have to do. Because i dont know what to do first on that picture. If the green arrow should be first or the yellow But then i got spark in my head and i dont know how but i THINK i understand that. Big thanks to you. For your patience with me.
    to be precise. I have a lot of questions. How to change some NPC armor, how to give him another sword or how to set the NPC what have bow will fire fire arrows. Can i have some questions later ? I think for some time. I have everything know because of you. Again big thanks. See you man. I didnt expect this help and in THIS HELP for this old game is fantastic. There is still somebody who is making something for Gothic. Good job. See you.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Squerol

Squerol ist offline
    or how to set the NPC what have bow will fire fire arrows
    Good luck with that.
    It is impossible to do by any standard modding methods (info scripts, template editing, etc.).

One guy did something like that in 2012 (user named Guzz ak Killer-m), a mod where different factions used different amunition.
    Mod was created by editing executable files... And it isn't thing that You can learn in weeks or months. I've only heard about few people in Gothic 3 modding scene who can modify dll and exe file for modding.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

zandr ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Squerol Beitrag anzeigen
    One guy did something like that in 2012 (user named Guzz ak Killer-m), a mod where different factions used different amunition.
    Mod was created by editing executable files... And it isn't thing that You can learn in weeks or months. I've only heard about few people in Gothic 3 modding scene who can modify dll and exe file for modding.
    In 2012 I asked Killer-m to help me how to learn modifying dlls, he advised me OllyDbg and one manual. It took me few weeks to learn some basic skills.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    Maaan. I dont know how but i did it. Guard is changing the possition. It was hard to understand what i have to do. Because i dont know what to do first on that picture. If the green arrow should be first or the yellow But then i got spark in my head and i dont know how but i THINK i understand that. Big thanks to you.
    Your spark hit exactly: there is no priority.

How to change some NPC armor
    Easy. Change stuff under "Körperteile".
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=c61fdda24c4bb6c01e55fc5a45c327e3&attachmentid=47980&d=1552410127&thumb=1]

how to give him another sword
    Easy. Change the TS_Weaponry_... or add a TS_Weaponry_... if the NPC does not have one.
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=c61fdda24c4bb6c01e55fc5a45c327e3&attachmentid=47979&d=1552410127&thumb=1]

how to set the NPC what have bow will fire fire arrows.
    As the other modders said: not possible. Only via DLL game modding.

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »