Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 38
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice

NapalmPriest ist offline

Please help, I am desperate! Gothic 2 - Returning

Good morning/afternoon or evening!

I am sorry that I am writing in English, I am not speaking German, Russian or Polish, although, considering the hundreds of pages translated from forums in my desperate search, I learned quite a few words and expressions.

With the language barrier out of the way, it has been over 2 weeks since I am struggling very hard to install Gothic 2 Returning. I will do my best to be as clear as possible so please do not mind if I will explain it this way:
    The game functions correctly if I do the following steps:
    • Download the Gothic 2 Gold from steam;
    • Mount R66 with daemon tools lite;
    • Install both Gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev2 and gothic2_playerkit-2.6f;
    • Install the Returning patch with the following settings activated: Russian Version Installation, Russification for Steam, Ram extension, Update library show32.dll, Fonds for HR, Original Music. (apologies for listing them, I am trying to be as clear as possible);
    • Finally, install RET2_0066Rev2.1_googlepatch.exe (4);
    • Place the DX11 files in the "system" folder and update it with Spine;
    • If I boot the game now, it works ok. There are still many bugs such as (the Shadow Golem does not die when the "Light" spell is cast in front of it) and (the Galahad quest line cannot be completed if you joined Monastery before chatting with the NPC that wants to offer a dead contract to the assassin guild).
    • As soon as I insert any patch files in the "Data" folder (files such as "AlternativeBalanceScripts_en.vdf") the game will not be able to start a new game or load any save and will throw a different error such as "ASC not found: (random file or in this example...) WACHE_ARMOR_V2.ASC". Example:[Bild: L9bTMi3] https://imgur.com/a/L9bTMi3

I cannot stress enough how much I struggled to understand why is this happening. It's been 2 weeks with days where I spent in excess of 7 hours trying to figure it out, reinstalling different versions of the patches, reinstalling the game in different places, from different places, translating hundreds of pages from any forum that listed such issue, anything in my powers and capabilities and it is not enough.

I cannot apologize enough to bring yet another issue to this forum, if this has been discussed before and I did not find the discussion or did not translate it correctly, I apologize once again. Just please give me a hand because I am at the end of my patience and sanity.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!
    I hope you're having a better day than mine and never have to face such issues.
    Geändert von NapalmPriest (28.01.2019 um 01:19 Uhr) Grund: Print Screen with the error added: https://imgur.com/a/L9bTMi3

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Alter Medizinmann Avatar von Tentarr

Tentarr ist offline
    You are missing the alternative Balacing mod data.
    Look at the returning thread at the modification section, there is a section called alternative Balacing and there is a point data and ast. There you will find the data.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Apprentice

NapalmPriest ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tentarr Beitrag anzeigen
    You are missing the alternative Balancing mod data.
    Look at the returning thread at the modification section, there is a section called alternative Balancing and there is a point data and ast. There you will find the data.
    Good afternoon!

I am following this guide, word by word and because I have done it more than a dozen times, I am absolutely sure nothing from what I do is different. If this guide is not good anymore or you can correct it in any way, please, could you give me a hand, any effort matters.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Guide link: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...n-Antworten-16

nstallationsequence:

1. Install Gothic 2 NOTR in an extra folder (in case Gothic 2 already exists on the computer with other mods) (Admin)
    2. Install Gothic 2 Fix-2.6.0.0-rev2 into the Gothic 2 folder (Admin)
    3. Install Gothic 2 Playerkit-2.6f into the Gothic 2 folder (Admin)
    4. Download 66 R2 version via uTorrent or Bit Torrent and run the ISO file via Deamontools Light, select the Gothic 2 folder as the path in the Installer (link available from the starting post)

In the installer:
    Installation of the Russian version -> definitely set a hook
    Russification for GOG / Steam -> definitely set a hook for a better installation, if this is not chosen it may cause troubles
    RAM expansion up to 4GB -> if the system allows it -> definitely set a hook for a longer playtime without "Out of memory" errors
    Update the library Shw32.dll -> definitely set a hook
    Fonts for high resolutions -> optional, recommended if the solution is >=1920x1080
    Original music from KaiRo -> optional, if you do not like the returning soundtrack then set a hook
    Camera for the Renderer DX11 -> who wants to play with Renderer can set a hook
    Renderer DX11 -> optional, you should have a good system if you want to use it

5. Install RET2_0066R2.1_googlepatch.exe into the Gothic 2 folder, choose "English" before the installation process begins to start (Admin) (link available from the starting post)
    6. Optional:
    Copy the content of AlternativeBalanceScripts_en.7z from hand into the "Data" folder
    Then copy the content of AST_en.7z from hand into the "System" folder
    Finally copy AlternativeBalanceTextures.vdf from hand into the "Data" folder
    7. Run Gothic 2.exe from the "System" folder always as an administrator to play

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren

Tentarr ist offline
    Okay, first of all with this guide you have install returning correctly but forget the part 6. optional patches. I will write you a short guide for alternative balacing.
    Again first of all are you aware that if you install AB that you can´t use your savegames from the normal Reutrning. You have to start again a new game!

Load the AB_Mod_Data and the scripts:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...NPPCFbQ7nw6sRe

The AB_Mod_Data and the scripts you have to put in your Data folder.
    Put the AST file in your system Folder.
    Also download the AB_translation.lbr from this side:

https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...n-Antworten-24

It´s at the optional: Alternatives Balancing SPoiler.
    Put the transalation file also to the system folder.

After that you have successful install the alternative balancing mod.

At last, please don´t write things like there are bugs if you don't know for sure that´s a bug.
    You can damage the shadow golem with a holy paladin light spell and it´s purpose that gerbrandt doesn´t like mages. These things are intended and are a part of the consequences feature of returning.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Apprentice

NapalmPriest ist offline
    Okay, first of all with this guide you have install returning correctly but forget the part 6. optional patches. I will write you a short guide for alternative balacing.
    Again first of all are you aware that if you install AB that you can´t use your savegames from the normal Reutrning. You have to start again a new game!

Load the AB_Mod_Data and the scripts:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...NPPCFbQ7nw6sRe

The AB_Mod_Data and the scripts you have to put in your Data folder.
    Put the AST file in your system Folder.
    Also download the AB_translation.lbr from this side:

It´s at the optional: Alternatives Balancing SPoiler.
    Put the transalation file also to the system folder.

After that you have successful install the alternative balancing mod.

At last, please don´t write things like there are bugs if you don't know for sure that´s a bug.
    You can damage the shadow golem with a holy paladin light spell and it´s purpose that gerbrandt doesn´t like mages. These things are intended and are a part of the consequences feature of returning.
    I will follow your guide very carefully tomorrow. Thank you very much for helping me. Tonight I have been spending a few hours to find a "texture replacer" patch of some sort because I always get that "ASC not found (random file)" so it must be because I am actually missing some asset files.
    Regarding the Shadow Golem, I did try already most of the paladin spells on the golem but I did not find anywhere to buy a "Light" spell that's specific to the paladins. Martin (at the docks) does not have one either. Can you please confirm that the "holy paladin light spell" is actually just a "Light" spell but Paladin specific?

Thank you once again for your time, have a great night!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

Tentarr ist offline
    Its also intended that you can't buy the Paladin light spell.
    There are several ways to get a scroll for example you can steal it from a Paladin if you have a very high dex stat.
    You can find it at places with strong monster.
    The purpose is that you can't kill the golem at the beginning of the game.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Apprentice

NapalmPriest ist offline
    Its also intended that you can't buy the Paladin light spell.
    There are several ways to get a scroll, for example, you can steal it from a Paladin if you have a very high dex stat.
    You can find it in places with a strong monster.
    The purpose is that you can't kill the golem at the beginning of the game.
    Good morning!

Well, once I am done with this playthrough, I will start again. The next one will be much smoother and I'll know what's where without all the confusion.
    On a side note, you're about the only help apart from this guide: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...eturning-Guide

I tried seeking help on discord, on youtube comments and on reddit. Everyone seems to be very spiteful against this mod. Everyone praises L'hiver mod to sickening levels, in an indoctrinated fashion. Every time I asked for help with a better translation of some words than google translate (for example google translate did not tell me that the spell must be the paladin version of "Light") or for a bit of guidance, every time, at least several people asked and even told me to uninstall the mod. As I said, I am not biased, I literally googled "Gothic 2 mod" and Gothic 2 Returning was the top link, it was pure chance but the more I play it, the more I like it (despite some ridiculous quirks I do not enjoy) and the more I think I will never play that L'Hiver, purely because of the community indoctrination or peer pressure at the very least. So if you read this far, thank you very much for helping me, it actually means a lot since you are literally the lone experienced person that does not seem to be utterly and unreasonably biased towards L'hiver.

As a preemptive solution to tonight's modification with AB patch, would it be possible for you to archive your "_work" folder in the Gothic 2 Returning and upload it on any of the online file hosting services? All the missing ASC asset files are located in the "_world" folder and if the game works with your folder, it should give me yet another shot at having a working version of G2R2.0 AB. If I am not asking for too much.

Thank you very much for your patience!
    Have a great day!

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

Tentarr ist offline
    Such a sad Story

At this Link there is helpful community:

Just write in english it doesn´t matters.

For the work Folder?

Did you follow the guide and it doesn´t worked?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Apprentice

NapalmPriest ist offline
    Such a sad Story

At this Link there is a helpful community:

Just write in English it doesn´t matter.

For the work Folder?

Did you follow the guide and it doesn´t work?
    Good morning!

It is sad when the person becomes sheep and follows not the rational thinking but let prejudices rule.
    I did not try the guide you made as I am still at work for a few more hours. The "_work" folder seems to be the root cause of all those missing files for everyone who encountered the same issue I have. I have been reading a lot of forum pages and there have been many going through the same problems as I am going and every time it revolves around that "_work" folder.
    By asking for that archived folder in advance was just a reassurance just in case.

Thank you very much for your link with the community, I will follow it closely via Google Translate.
    Have a great day!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren

Tentarr ist offline
    Contact me after you followed the guide.
    I know which Problem you are refereing to but I think your Problem will be solved after the correct Installation.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Apprentice

NapalmPriest ist offline
    Contact me after you followed the guide.
    I know which Problem you are refereing to but I think your Problem will be solved after the correct Installation.
    Good evening!

I have G2 R66 installed and working just fine, I have done the following steps:
    1. Unzip and copy the contents of AB_Scripts_2019_01_28.rar in my Gothic 2 folder, replacing the existing files;
    2. Unzip and copy the contents of AB_Mod_2018_11_24.rar in my Gothic 2 folder, replacing the existing files;
    3. Unzip and copy the AB_Translation.lbr file in my Gothic 2 -> System folder;
    4. Booted the game and this is how it looks: https://imgur.com/a/CasR5Il ;
    5. Click on "Start New Game" and it loads past the point where it checks for assets but at 100% load it triggers this: https://imgur.com/a/jxrJGCb

Could you please tell me if I did any of the steps wrong? Also, you mention "install" in your guide, but there is no .exe file in any of the links you gave me. I guess by install you meant copy-paste the contents?

Thank you very much for your help and patience!
    Have a great night!

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren

Tentarr ist offline
    Where did you paste the ast file?

13. #13 Zitieren
    Lord Sargon
    Gast

I guess you did not download the current AB-google-translation and put the AB_Scripts_en.vdf in the Data-folder?
    In this case the old translated scripts without AB are still active, and they will crash of course.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren
    Apprentice

NapalmPriest ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Lord Sargon Beitrag anzeigen
    I guess you did not download the current AB-google-translation and put the AB_Scripts_en.vdf in the Data-folder?
    In this case the old translated scripts without AB are still active, and they will crash of course.
    IT WORKED! That was the missing file! Oh, it feels so good, it took so long and so many hours trying to make it work, thank you both so very much for all your help! You have made my week with this!

Before you close this thread, if there's any advice or anything you would have done in your first playthrough of this interesting Returning mod, please share it with me. You have no idea how happy I am right now, after about 15 years I actually get to play Gothic and a version that contains content which I did not already play for dozens of time already.

Thank you very much once again!

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    Apprentice

NapalmPriest ist offline
    Where did you paste the ast file?
    I did follow the guide and with the new translation file, it works! Thank you very much for your patience and devotion to help a stranger to get back on this beautiful game after almost 15 years! Thank you very much, please read the post above this one, there is a small request regarding the first playthrough of this interesting Returning mod.

Thank you very much once again!

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren

Tentarr ist offline
    No problem pal.
    For further questions please use the current returning thread.
    As a advice don't push yourself to hard, there is no perfect run at returning. Use all your save slots. And most important remember consequences are a main feature of returning, try to solve quests with the best solution. Even small things can have great consequences. Orcs are npcs.
    And do yourself a favor turn Sarah into the court not the other trader.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren
    Apprentice

NapalmPriest ist offline
    No problem pal.
    For further questions please use the current returning thread.
    As a advice don't push yourself to hard, there is no perfect run at returning. Use all your save slots. And most important remember consequences are a main feature of returning, try to solve quests with the best solution. Even small things can have great consequences. Orcs are npcs.
    And do yourself a favor turn Sarah into the court not the other trader.
    Ha ha! Your way or giving advice is proper funny! I've always stood by Sarah side and reported that little creep Canthar, but this time I will take your advice. I am amazed at how polished this version of the Returning is compared to the one I was playing, even graphic wise. The movement is not square based anymore, I can actually anticipate enemy movements now! Whoever trash talks this mod is having no idea! I did start with SnC mod active as well, do you recommend it over the base version of the game? Getting 3 LPs when leveling might hurt pretty bad.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren

Tentarr ist offline
    The advices are based on a lot of painful experience

Your question is rather difficult to answer. Make a long story short I would not recommended a first run with snc. Snc is a lot harder to play because you will get to the point that there are no more easy enemies and you maybe don't see a possibility to advance your run because you can't increase you stats further.
    Take two additional advices.
    First at a higher character level on snc you will get only 1 lp per level up. So plan your build properly.
    Second update your scripts every time you see that the new scripts are online.
    I will do the translation most time at the same day.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren
    Apprentice

NapalmPriest ist offline
    The advices are based on a lot of painful experience

Your question is rather difficult to answer. Make a long story short I would not recommended a first run with snc. Snc is a lot harder to play because you will get to the point that there are no more easy enemies and you maybe don't see a possibility to advance your run because you can't increase you stats further.
    Take two additional advices.
    First at a higher character level on snc you will get only 1 lp per level up. So plan your build properly.
    Second update your scripts every time you see that the new scripts are online.
    I will do the translation most time at the same day.
    I only chose SnC because I thought that you get less LP but you can increase your stats indefinitely but killing foes. Meaning I would get a lot more points in SnC than in normal mode by my understanding. I will try to keep up with updates, thank you for letting me know. The only problem with this would be the language barrier to knowing where and when are the updates.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren

Tentarr ist offline
    Updating is quite easy, you just need the updated scripts and there translation.
    Both links are at the returning thread and you can recognize a update because I change the date

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »