Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Grimmwulf

Grimmwulf ist offline

Technische Hilfe von Deutschen

Please excuse my language, but the English Gothic-forum is archived and I'm in need of some technical help.

I always play the PB games in German (I can understand it, but not write it very well). I'd like to replay Gothic 1 in German, and have some questions.

I've installed the German version on GOG. If I remember correctly I still need to do this (for the best gameplay experience):
    1. Install a breitbild patch to make it work on my monitor (1920x1080).
    2. Install a patch to remove a white border created by the breitbild patch?
    3. Install a community patch (unofficial patch) that fixes some bugs?

I'd greatly appreciate it if you can tell me what to do, and perhaps provide links to what I need. All I want is for Gothic to run smoothly, in German, on my modern computer.
    Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!
    Verdammte Enten!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Forenkater Avatar von Matteo

Matteo ist offline
    All those issues with modern computers can be dealt with by using the the Gothic SystemPack.
    The installing instructions are also available in english here.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

Grimmwulf ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Matteo Beitrag anzeigen
    All those issues with modern computers can be dealt with by using the the Gothic SystemPack.
    The installing instructions are also available in english here.
    Thanks for the link! I wish there was a basic step-by-step guide somewhere though, for someone who just wants to play the game in widescreen. In example, I've followed the installation guide on that site (installed the three packs) yet that doesn't solve my problem (the game looks the same). Tweaks like needing to set extendedMenu=1 is hidden within those giant texts. Don't really feel like spending an hour going through all those texts to find things I need to do manually.

I've gone through this before using a guide in English, but that resulted in a weird combo of English and German text in-game, which is why I came here (to make sure I get the right DE-versions of the patches).
    Verdammte Enten!
    Geändert von Grimmwulf (20.01.2019 um 19:00 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Grimmwulf Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for the link! I wish there was a basic step-by-step guide somewhere though, for someone who just wants to play the game in widescreen. In example, I've followed the installation guide on that site (installed the three packs) yet that doesn't solve my problem (the game looks the same). Tweaks like needing to set extendedMenu=1 is hidden within those giant texts. Don't really feel like spending an hour going through all those texts to find things I need to do manually.

I've gone through this before using a guide in English, but that resulted in a weird combo of English and German text in-game, which is why I came here (to make sure I get the right DE-versions of the patches).
    If you have the gog version, you don't need to patch anything. You already have the actual version.
    Then you install the playerkit: https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_34.htm
    Then the systempack (G1 Classic): https://yadi.sk/d/vuWbU8nQ3G8ZFW

If you have this, everything should work. You can just adjust your resolution ingame then.
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Forenkater Avatar von Matteo

Matteo ist offline
    If you use the Systempack no more tweaks should be neccessary. After starting the game you should be abled to choose a resolution of 1920x1080 in the regular "Options" menue.
    Did you install in the right order?
    1. Gothic I
    2. Gothic I Playerkit
    3. Gothic I SystemPack

Do you start the game by launching the "GothicStarter.exe"?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

Grimmwulf ist offline
    Thanks to both of you.

The only remaining issue after those steps, was that my Windows mouse cursor was visible. Solved by adding the "-start" parameter to GothicStarter.exe.

Everything is in order now.
    Verdammte Enten!