Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer

YoungManRumble ist offline

LeGo 2.5 Crash

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone!

I have been trying to install LeGo 2.5 for the last few hours but at the end I get a Access Violation.
    Here's what I have been doing:
    Installed clean G2 2.7 Version.
    Applied the 2.6 report patch.
    Installed mdk 2.6 and 2.6a patch.
    Installed PlayerKit 2.8
    Installed SystemPack 1.7

After that I downloaded Ikarus, placed it _Intern folder, changed to Gothic.src so that Ikarus_Const_G2.d and EngineClasses_G2\*d. are right bellow _InternClasses.d. Then I placed the Ikarus.d way below,(below any C_Class scripts) and float.d right below it and I ran the game with GothicStarter mod reparse scripts and it starts normally.

Then I proceed to install LeGo 2.5 putting the LeGo folder in content folder, change the Gothic.src file by placing LeGo\Header.src right below float.d and the game starts fine.

However, once I try to enable the LeGo_Init(LeGo_All); in Startup.d under the func void init_global(),
    below Game_InitGerman(); when I start the game with the GothicStarter mod reparse scripts enabled, the game lets me select a new game and then it crashed after the intro. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von YoungManRumble Beitrag anzeigen
    below Game_InitGerman(); when I start the game with the GothicStarter mod reparse scripts enabled, the game lets me select a new game and then it crashed after the intro. Am I doing something wrong?
    Most likely, going by the amount of unaffected users But it is probably a simple oversight. Can you give us some more information on the crash, e.g. do you get any error messages? Can you post a screenshot of the Access Violation?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Knight

Cryp18Struct ist offline
    Try to turn off Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for the gothic2.exe.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Zitat Zitat von Lehona Beitrag anzeigen
    Most likely, going by the amount of unaffected users But it is probably a simple oversight. Can you give us some more information on the crash, e.g. do you get any error messages? Can you post a screenshot of the Access Violation?
    Here's a picture of the crash report.
    https://imgur.com/IfIWMKO

And this is from the clipboard.

======================================= UNHANDLED EXCEPTION OCCURED ======================================================
    ======================================= CRASH INFOS: =====================================================================
    Gothic II - 2.6 (fix), Parser Version: 50
    User: Me, CPUType: 586, Mem: 2048 MB total, 2048 MB free
    Startup Options:-game:gothicgame.ini -zreparse
    =============================================== CALLSTACK : ==============================================================
    0023:2128F9D8 (0x254FB289 0x0000000E 0x0000001F 0x252E2328) <UNKNOWN>

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Zitat Zitat von Cryp18Struct Beitrag anzeigen
    Try to turn off Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for the gothic2.exe.
    Thanks, but I had already done that so I guess it's not the cause.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von YoungManRumble Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks, but I had already done that so I guess it's not the cause.
    Are you sure? Because the mentioned address is firmly within the data section (and I have no idea what else would cause this).

Maybe try this instead of initializing LeGo:

Code:
    MEM_InitAll();
    MEM_InfoBox("Made it past init");
    CALL__thiscall(_@(hero), 7612016);
    MEM_InfoBox("Made it past call");
    If this does not crash, DEP can be ruled out (I think).

For good measure you could also try starting as an admin, although I'm not sure that is required.

Edit: Actually that might crash if there's no hero yet. Better do this:

Code:
    MEM_InitAll();
    MEM_InfoBox("Made it past init");
    Wld_InsertNpc(FH, "TOT");
    CALL__thiscall(_@(self), 7612016);
    MEM_InfoBox("Made it past call");
    Geändert von Lehona (02.01.2019 um 18:10 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Adventurer

It's interesting that after I installed the game again, however, this time I skipped installing mdk just the PlayerKit 2.8 and I used the same scripts the game wasn't crashing. By the way, the scripts I am using as a base are decompiled from YetAnotherUnofficialPatch 2.0 if that matters, since the mdk has only german scripts. Anyway, I am not sure if LeGo starts properly because I decided to try the second script you gave me and I only got the second message, made it past call, but not the first one, made it past init.