Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    banned

Phantom95 ist offline

Die Bedrohung and banned materials.

Hello... So, I would like to talk to you about the materials used in the modification of "Die Bedrohung", I, of course, understand that many of the moderators and administrators of this site are aware of the fact that this mod uses banned material from the sequel and alpha version Gothic 1, but they do not take any action. I see 3 reasons their behavior in this situation: 1. Die Bedrohung - this is the first modification for the Gothic universe and therefore it is of historical value. 2. The developers of the modification are friends for Piranha Bytes and they may have given them their permission to use the material. 3.Personal friendly relations of the administration to a particular developer and withholding information about prohibited materials in this regard...
    Well, now we turn to the practical part, namely the proof of the identity of the material. Of course, in Die Bedrohung there is only a very small part of the prohibited content, but still it is.
    Let's start:
    1. Troll-Demon texture and instance script.
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

In Die Bedrohung
    [Bild: zOZVECoznjY.jpg]
    In Gothic-Sequel
    [Bild: iSUOw4dTniU.jpg]
    Script instance troll-demon in die bedrohung:
    [Bild: OjbVbl9YqCE.jpg]
    And in Gothic-Sequel:
    [Bild: ejz8sVrBJMk.jpg]

2. Texture Sky from Alpha Version Gothic:
    [Bild: t-ghYsUKJGQ.jpg]
    3. Sounds blows with Alpha Version Gothic E3 2000:
    [Bild: tG160D38B1Q.jpg]

Exactly for what I this all told and showed? Yes, so you know that to different people and to different modifications - a different attitude! Someone gets away with it, and someone such as, for example, how Lali - no. Justice must be done to every person.
    You'll must to determine - should be mods containing this materials or ALL of them should be removed from the forum including and Die Bedrohung.

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Almanach-Gelehrter  Avatar von Schatten

Schatten ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Phantom95 Beitrag anzeigen
    I see 3 reasons their behavior in this situation:

1. Die Bedrohung - this is the first modification for the Gothic universe and therefore it is of historical value.
    Die Bedrohung has historical value. But if the modification violates the Terms of Use from World of Players it should not be hosted anymore.

2. The developers of the modification are friends for Piranha Bytes and they may have given them their permission to use the material.
    Piranha Bytes has no rights to the Sequel and its content. They do not even own it.

3. Personal friendly relations of the administration to a particular developer and withholding information about prohibited materials in this regard...
    I can not imagine that this was done so the modification could be hosted here.

Furthermore, I see at least one more reason why the modification is still hosted by the WoG, although apparently content from the sequel is present. Neither the administration, nor the responsible during this time webmaster of WoG, moderators and users knew about it. The leak with the sequel is only a few years ago. Before that, only very few people knew that there was material.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    banned

Phantom95 ist offline
    It should be borne in mind that at the time of the development of mod Piranhas owned the rights to the sequel and permission could be obtained, but nevertheless, after the bankruptcy of phenomedia this material should be excluded from the mod. So far, this has not been done. 2 solutions: either remove the resource from the forum, or create a version does not have the prohibited material.
    In the end, a lot of discussions on this forum about the use of resources in the sequel, Die Bedrohung, should not be an exception, despite the authority of its founders and a close relationship with the PB.
    Okay, what about the alpha content? He's banned too...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Emanuel Rhobar

Emanuel Rhobar ist offline
    in all honesty... I really think that nobody cares about the sequel.

and to delete 10+ year old mods because of this is too narrow-minded I think.

The only ones that even discuss about it are the fans anyway.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    banned

Phantom95 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Emanuel Rhobar Beitrag anzeigen
    and to delete 10+ year old mods because of this is too narrow-minded I think.
    Yes, That's stupid.. ! But it's against the law! This cannot be tolerated!

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

Schatten ist offline
    It should be borne in mind that at the time of the development of mod Piranhas owned the rights to the sequel and permission could be obtained, but nevertheless, after the bankruptcy of phenomedia this material should be excluded from the mod. So far, this has not been done.
    That is not the case. Piranha Bytes had access to the content of the Sequel when they developed Gothic II. But they had no rights to the Sequel and its content. They do not even own it.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    banned

Phantom95 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Schatten Beitrag anzeigen
    That is not the case. Piranha Bytes had access to the content of the Sequel when they developed Gothic II. But they had no rights to the Sequel and its content. They do not even own it.
    Okay, so what decision do you make about this mod? It is located here - https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_14.htm

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

Schatten ist offline
    Okay, so what decision do you make about this mod? It is located here - https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_14.htm
    It is not my decision.