Ergebnis 1 bis 16 von 16
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Does anyone know how to add gemstones to the sockets of the Adjutor or any weapon, so when you find them in the world they have gemstones already equipped? I haven't been able to find a way to do this yet.
    zipster ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von zipster Beitrag anzeigen
    Does anyone know how to add gemstones to the sockets of the Adjutor or any weapon, so when you find them in the world they have gemstones already equipped? I haven't been able to find a way to do this yet.
    What exactly did you try so far? Do you know world sector files and templates for example?
    (All my previous answers to other one time posters were all ignored so excuse my request before I start any investigations.)
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Umsturz bei den Morkons: best PB quest ever!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Zitat Zitat von tombom81 Beitrag anzeigen
    What exactly did you try so far? Do you know world sector files and templates for example?
    (All my previous answers to other one time posters were all ignored so excuse my request before I start any investigations.)
    Sorry for the late response, had a very busy weekend, but I did check in the template files, but the only thing that has to do with sockets is int NumSocketSlots, which just defines how many sockets that the item will have. I then checked the world sector files, and specifically went into the individual item files for a specific sector, and also the World_Intern file because I thought the adjutor might be defined in there, since the PC_Hero is defined in that file. In the individual item files in world sector it also just defines the socket number to my knowledge. I don't know about any other places to look when it comes to item definitions in this game. Any help at all would be really helpful.
    zipster ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    I did some checks; first of all I'd say that the adjutor might be applied hardcoded by the game. If you're familiar with creating dialogs you could try to put one into the hero's inventory using the gCInfoCommandGive (Guid of It_Adjutor: {B6248CBE-FC5B-4015-9DEE-ABE2416D8DA0})

For the gems: I looked at a socketed weapon with a gem in a savegame and it seems they're separated from each other. There has to be a connection (pointer/reference?) but I can't seem to find it.

There's a rather simple solution: just place a weapon with socket in the game and a gem (It_SocketItem_Red_Large for example) nearby.

The hard way would be trying to add class gCItem_PS from a SocketItem to a weapon,
    this will require some trial and error approaches.
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    tombom81 ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I did some checks; first of all I'd say that the adjutor might be applied hardcoded by the game. If you're familiar with creating dialogs you could try to put one into the hero's inventory using the gCInfoCommandGive (Guid of It_Adjutor: {B6248CBE-FC5B-4015-9DEE-ABE2416D8DA0})

For the gems: I looked at a socketed weapon with a gem in a savegame and it seems they're separated from each other. There has to be a connection (pointer/reference?) but I can't seem to find it.

There's a rather simple solution: just place a weapon with socket in the game and a gem (It_SocketItem_Red_Large for example) nearby.

The hard way would be trying to add class gCItem_PS from a SocketItem to a weapon,
    this will require some trial and error approaches.
    I am having difficulty trying to add items to my inventory at the start of the game. I have been trying to add the items in the w_info.hdr file, but I am having no luck. I did look in that file for to see if the items you get at the start of the game are loaded in there, but I was not able to find it. I believe the Iron bar template is It_1h_Hammer_Club and used that GUID to try and find it.
    zipster ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    I have been trying to add the items in the w_info.hdr file, but I am having no luck.
    What exactly did you try? It's simple; for example give Duras a new dialog containing this:
    Code:
                            class gCInfoCommandGive {
                                Version = 1;
                                Properties {
                                    class bCString Entity1 = "Duras";
                                    class bCString Entity2 = "PC_Hero";
                                    class eCTemplateEntityProxy Item = {740AAA6D-BF3E-40F0-BBD8-8C23D7AD847B};
                                    unsigned int Amount = 1;
                                    bool ShowNPCAmount = False;
                                    bool ForceNormalStackForCommonItem = True;
                                }
                                ClassData {
                                }
                            }
    (Item is It_Power_Shield)
    tombom81 ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Okay so I found out what I was missing in the dialogs, I accidently removed the InfoConditions {} from the code, hence why I couldn't get it to work. I managed to get a blank bar which allowed me to get the power shield. Now I just want to be clear, does the unsigned int SortID = x; need to be a different number every time? I am assuming so, but I just want to be sure. Now I get these are considered dialogs by the game, and deal with every interaction that Jax (the player) has. I can just add the items I want to appear when I first meet Duras, but I was wondering if it is possible to add an item to yourself without using a dialog with someone? So instead of talking with Duras to get the power shield, I can just get it myself. When you said earlier about the Adjutor and just add one to Jax's inventory, I assumed that is how it would play out, I get the item without talking with someone.
    zipster ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Now I just want to be clear, does the unsigned int SortID = x; need to be a different number every time? I am assuming so, but I just want to be sure.
    SortID defines the order in which dialog lines of different gCInfo dialogs appear on the screen. I usually increase it for any gCInfo dialog. (Guess they don't need to be unique but not sure.)
    I can just add the items I want to appear when I first meet Duras, but I was wondering if it is possible to add an item to yourself without using a dialog with someone?
    So instead of talking with Duras to get the power shield, I can just get it myself. When you said earlier about the Adjutor and just add one to Jax's inventory, I assumed that is how it would play out, I get the item without talking with someone.
    well, maybe adding items to the players start inventory is hardcoded in the exe/dlls. Look at this for example:

World_Intern.elexsecdoc, Inventory of PC_Hero, gCInventoryStack It_1H_Sword_Proto

The sword doesn't appear in the player's start inventory so it's overwritten by:

0x15f2b class gCInventoryStack It_1h_Hammer_Club (2b333da1cbca2b40a91f7f518e8a74e9)
    0x15f85 cl gCInvStack It_Po_Healing_Small (7b5bba18f34af241b34c17b9b183a651)

(from a SaveData savegame)
    0x15c5f class eCDynamicEntity [230] PC_Hero
    0x15d32 class gCNavigation_PS
    0x15e2d class gCNPC_PS '-'
    0x15ef3 class gCInventory_PS
    tombom81 ist offline Geändert von tombom81 (03.02.2019 um 08:07 Uhr)

9. #9 Zitieren
    Rookie
    How are you able to view the contents on a save game? Is there a program that is on here that I missed? If that is the case, then I guess that means we would need to modify the DLL potentially to get the items right away.
    zipster ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    How are you able to view the contents on a save game?
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...meevent-Logger
    It's WIP and I dunno if I'll finish it ever.
    I guess that means we would need to modify the DLL potentially to get the items right away.
    You may have your reasons but I don't know why you want to do it the hard way?
    Why not put the items you need into a chest in the starting area? (very simple) Or place them directly into the game?
    tombom81 ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I was thinking that, but looking at the templates, I couldn’t really figure out which ones were chests, or workbenches etc. Now to be completely transparent, I havent manually checked each individually. I tend to read the name, make sure it is the item I wanted to work on, then make the changes. Now i am assuming that to place a chest, if would work like other items and using the EDAitems file, but I wouldn’t know how to add items specifically to the chest itself.
    zipster ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    but I wouldn’t know how to add items specifically to the chest itself.
    Chests have InventoryStacks where you can enter an item guid. (here: ...50e1cc It_Po_Elex_medium
    ...5AE687 It_Ammo_Arrow)
    Place the below code into ABE_NPCs.elexsecdoc for example (didn't manage to make it work with original secdoc other than XXX_NPCs so far; for own secdocs (which is strongly recommended for mods to be released) you need an additional entry in .wrldoc, afair)
    Pay attention to the "NewPos" line. You could use the position of Duras for example, with x replaced by x +100 for example.
    Code:
            "Obj_Int_Bsk_Chest_1_test" {
                GUID = {6B616873-5F73-6554-7374-6D6F6400xxxx};
                Creator = {DFBBFDC0-806B-4793-B807-FF70DC13D4F8};
                NewPos = (vec -156540 28300 -206598.484);
                MatrixLocal = (mat 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 -156640 28300 -206698.484 1);
                MatrixGlobal = (mat 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 -156640 28300 -206698.484 1);
                Extents = (box -156785.75 28218.5781 -206825.125 -156566.344 28424.2031 -206624);
                Center = (vec -156676.031 28321.3906 -206724.563);
                Radius = 180.88118;
                Range = 5000;
                Unknown0 = <8F DB 9B 86 5B EE 5D 8A>;
                Unknown1 = <04>;
                Unknown2 = <9D A5 00 00 01 00>;
                class gCInventory_PS {
                    Version = 5;
                    Properties {
                        bool GeneratedPlunder = False;
                        bool GeneratedTrade = False;
                        class eCEntityProxy Owner = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000};
                        class eCScriptProxyScript OnConsumeItem = "";
                    }
                    ClassData {
                        [class gCInventory_PS, Version 5] {
                            InventoryStacks = [
                                class gCInventoryStack {
                                    Version = 5;
                                    Properties {
                                        int Amount = 1;
                                        int QuickSlot = -1;
                                        enum gEStackType Type = gEStackType_Normal;
                                        enum gEEquipSlot EquipSlot = gEEquipSlot_None;
                                        enum gEEquipSlot PassivEquipSlot = gEEquipSlot_None;
                                        class eCTemplateEntityProxy Template = {7FFC229B-0550-4CE5-94D4-B9BCFF50E1CC};
                                        unsigned int StackFlags = 0;
                                    }
                                    ClassData {
                                    }
                                },
                                class gCInventoryStack {
                                    Version = 5;
                                    Properties {
                                        int Amount = 100;
                                        int QuickSlot = -1;
                                        class eCTemplateEntityProxy Template = {58851D6E-CF62-4921-8A0B-F27DFE5AE687};
                                    }
                                    ClassData {
                                    }
                                }
                            ];
                            Unknown = <03 00 00 00>;
                        }
                    }
                }
                class gCNavOffset_PS {
    #####################
    // complete file see attachment
    #####################
                    }
                    ClassData {
                    }
                }
            }
    edit: don't forget to replace the XXXX in the guid by your own number, 0000, 0001 and so on

(first blank lines in file needs to be deleted)
    https://upload.worldofplayers.de/fil...100Pfeilen.txt
    tombom81 ist offline Geändert von tombom81 (04.02.2019 um 08:03 Uhr)

13. #13 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Pay attention to the "NewPos" line. You could use the position of Duras for example, with x replaced by x +100 for example.
    Now when I am modifying the NewPos to change the position of the object, I need to update Matrix Local, Matrix Global, Extends and Center
    as well to make sure that it actually is in the new position correct? Lastly, do I need to make a new game to see changes to locations of items,
    like adding the chest, or will the game automatically update that when I load a save?
    zipster ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Now when I am modifying the NewPos to change the position of the object, I need to update Matrix Local, Matrix Global, Extends and Center
    as well to make sure that it actually is in the new position correct?
    No. I thought so, too, in the first place. But NewPos() handles it all, seems Baltram knows what he's doing.
    (what I couldn't test so far are relative child positions for LocalMatrix but that's another story)
    Lastly, do I need to make a new game to see changes to locations of items,
    like adding the chest, or will the game automatically update that when I load a save?
    (New) Items/chests in elexsec(doc) files are visible even when loading old savegames.

But chests are "savegame relevant", so if you add an item to an original chest you need to start a new game to see it. Otherwise the game will load the chest contents from the savegame.
    tombom81 ist offline Geändert von tombom81 (04.02.2019 um 08:05 Uhr)

15. #15 Zitieren
    Rookie
    for own secdocs (which is strongly recommended for mods to be released) you need an additional entry in .wrldoc, afair)
    So I decided to try and make my own sector file to be able to make changes without changing the base game code too much. I copied the beginning of a sector file, and made this

Code:
       class gCSectorResource {
        Version = 1;
        Properties {
            bool DemoRelevant = True;
            bool SaveGameRelevant = True;
            bool NavigationRelevant = True;
            bool GICompileRelevant = False;
            enum gESceneQuality MinSceneQuality = gESceneQuality_Low;
            enum gESceneQuality MaxSceneQuality = gESceneQuality_High;
            bool EnabledInGame = True;
            bool StaticScene = False;
            class bCVector WorldOffset = (vec 0 0 0);
        }
        ClassData {
        }
    }
    "TEST" {
       "Obj_Int_Bsk_Chest_1_test" {
                GUID = {6B616873-5F73-6554-7374-6D6F64000000};
                Creator = {DFBBFDC0-806B-4793-B807-FF70DC13D4F8};
                NewPos = (vec -156540 28300 -206598.484);
                MatrixLocal = (mat 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 -156640 28300 -206698.484 1);
                MatrixGlobal = (mat 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 -156640 28300 -206698.484 1);
                Extents = (box -156785.75 28218.5781 -206825.125 -156566.344 28424.2031 -206624);
                Center = (vec -156676.031 28321.3906 -206724.563);
                Radius = 180.88118;
                Range = 5000;
                Unknown0 = <8F DB 9B 86 5B EE 5D 8A>;
                Unknown1 = <04>;
                Unknown2 = <9D A5 00 00 01 00>;
                class gCInventory_PS {
                    Version = 5;
                    Properties {
                        bool GeneratedPlunder = False;
                        bool GeneratedTrade = False;
                        class eCEntityProxy Owner = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000};
                        class eCScriptProxyScript OnConsumeItem = "";
                    }
                    ClassData {
                        [class gCInventory_PS, Version 5] {
                            InventoryStacks = [
                                class gCInventoryStack {
                                    Version = 5;
                                    Properties {
                                        int Amount = 1;
                                        int QuickSlot = -1;
                                        class eCTemplateEntityProxy Template = {7FFC229B-0550-4CE5-94D4-B9BCFF50E1CC};
                                    }
                                    ClassData {
                                    }
                                },
                                class gCInventoryStack {
                                    Version = 5;
                                    Properties {
                                        int Amount = 100;
                                        int QuickSlot = -1;
                                        class eCTemplateEntityProxy Template = {58851D6E-CF62-4921-8A0B-F27DFE5AE687};
                                    }
                                    ClassData {
                                    }
                                }
                            ];
                            Unknown = <03 00 00 00>;
                        }
                    }
                }
                class gCNavOffset_PS {
                    Version = 1;
                    Properties {
                        bool OffsetCircle = False;
                        class bTObjArray<class gCNavOffsetPoint> OffsetPoints = [
                            class gCNavOffsetPoint {
                                Version = 1;
                                Properties {
                                    class bCMotion Pose = <00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0C 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F>;
                                    enum gEDirection Direction = gEDirection_Fwd;
                                    enum gENavOffsetUser NavOffsetUser = gENavOffsetUser_Any;
                                }
                                ClassData {
                                }
                            }
                        ];
                        class bTValArray<int> DisabledOffsetPointIndices = [
                        ];
                    }
                    ClassData {
                    }
                }
                class gCLock_PS {
                    Version = 2;
                    Properties {
                        class eCTemplateEntityProxy Key = {D26A9074-1F56-44BC-B976-BBA754F2790E};
                        int LockPickSkill = -1;
                        class bCMatrix LocalPose = (mat -0 0 0.100000001 0 0 0.100000001 0 0 -0.100000001 0 -0 0 0 33 -31 1);
                        enum gELockStatus Status = gELockStatus_Unlocked;
                        class eCScriptProxyScript OnLockStatusChanged = "";
                    }
                    ClassData {
                        [class gCLock_PS, Version 2] = <03 02 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00>;
                    }
                }
                class eCPhysicsActor_PS {
                    Version = 3;
                    Properties {
                        enum eEPhysicsActorNavMeshBuild NavMeshBuild = eEPhysicsActorNavMeshBuild_Standard;
                        class eCCollisionShapeList Shapes = <01 00 00 00 47 45 43 32 69 F3 C1 70 01 00 72 01 00 00 12 00 B3 60 26 AE 1E 53 3C 0F 0C 00 00 00 67 04 86 42 ED BE C5 42 B5 75 89 42 35 DA E8 98 47 64 73 A6 40 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F 00 00 00 00 DB 61 6E B3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 DB 61 6E 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F 00 00 00 00 36 00 40 BC FD 9F B1 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F 76 34 D6 79 74 B9 4B CC 08 00 00 00 99 94 2A B5 01 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C 95 B7 D9 9E 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3A A6 34 E3 A7 D7 1D 73 08 00 00 00 D5 61 5B 62 00 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C C5 18 CC A7 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C A5 F4 09 C8 04 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C 78 C3 E5 B1 04 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C 37 12 11 C6 04 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C A7 24 97 77 04 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C DC CF D6 D6 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C 2D 02 D4 1B 04 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C C8 20 CC DC 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C 7F E6 EC 96 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C 71 6D 26 AB 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C 0B AC 1E D4 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C 31 3C 78 61 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C CA 70 4E A6 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00>;
                        bool Enabled = True;
                    }
                    ClassData {
                    }
                }
                class eCAnimation3Simple_PS {
                    Version = 1;
                    Properties {
                        class bCString MeshFileName = "Obj_Int_Bsk_Crate_1_L1";
                        class bCString ClothMeshFileName = "";
                        class bCString BlendShapeFileName = "";
                        int MaterialSwitch = 0;
                        float MaxRelaxedTimeStep = 0.200000003;
                        class eTResourceProxy<class eCMotionNetworkDefResource2> NetworkResource = "Chest";
                        class bCFloatColor ObjectColor = (color 0 0 0);
                        float LoD2Range = 1000;
                        float LoD3Range = 2000;
                        float ClothLoDBegin = 500;
                        float ClothLoDEnd = 1000;
                    }
                    ClassData {
                        [class eCAnimation3Base_PS, Version 1] = <00 00 00 00 00 00>;
                    }
                }
                class gCInteraction_PS {
                    Version = 2;
                    Properties {
                        enum gEInteractionUseType UseType = gEInteractionUseType_Chest;
                        class eCScriptProxyScript EnterROIScript = "OnEnterProcessingRange";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript ExitROIScript = "OnExitProcessingRange";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript TouchScript = "";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript IntersectScript = "";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript UntouchScript = "";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript TriggerScript = "";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript UntriggerScript = "";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript DamageScript = "";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript CanAttachSlotScript = "";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript AttachedSlotScript = "";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript DetachedSlotScript = "";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript BlockRemovingDeadScript = "";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript GeneratePlunderScript = "GeneratePlunder";
                        class gCScriptProxyAIState RoutineTask = "";
                        bool GroundBias = False;
                        class bCString FocusNameBone = "";
                        class bCVector FocusViewOffset = (vec 0 0 0);
                        class bCVector FocusWorldOffset = (vec 0 75 0);
                        class eCScriptProxyScript FocusPriorityScript = "GetFocusEntityPriority";
                        class eCScriptProxyScript FocusNameScript = "GetFocusEntityNameChest";
                        class bTSceneObjArray<class gCInteraction> Interactions = [
                            class gCInteraction {
                                Version = 1;
                                Properties {
                                    enum gEInteractionType Type = gEInteractionType_Interact_Player;
                                    class eCScriptProxyScript CanInteractScript = "CanInteract_Player_Chest";
                                    class gCScriptProxyAIFunction PreInteractScript = "";
                                    class gCScriptProxyAIFunction InteractScript = "Interact_Player_Chest";
                                    class eCScriptProxyScript PostInteractScript = "";
                                }
                                ClassData {
                                }
                            }
                        ];
                        class bCMatrix SlotOffset = (mat 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -200 1);
                        enum gEFocusPriority FocusPriority = gEFocusPriority_Normal;
                        enum gEFocusNameType FocusNameType = gEFocusNameType_Center;
                        int InteractionCounter = 0;
                        class eCEntityProxy SlotWorldItem = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000};
                        class eCTemplateEntityProxy SlotItem = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000};
                    }
                    ClassData {
                    }
                }
                class gCNavExclude_PS {
                    Version = 1;
                    Properties {
                        class bCVector Point = (vec 0 0 0);
                        float Height = 100;
                        float LengthOrRadius = 140;
                        float BoxWidth = 140;
                        bool Box_NoCylinder = True;
                    }
                    ClassData {
                    }
                }
                <unknown class 0xe5d2672a> {
                    Version = 1;
                    Properties {
                        <unknown type 0x889e4d02> Shapes = <01 00 00 00 47 45 43 32 7F DA 70 93 01 00 CA 00 00 00 08 00 B3 60 26 AE 1E 53 3C 0F 0C 00 00 00 B7 75 DC 42 F8 CA 22 43 BB 01 CC 42 35 DA E8 98 47 64 73 A6 40 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F 00 00 00 00 82 A2 14 B3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 44 9F A0 B3 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F 00 00 00 00 00 00 A0 BD 00 00 E0 BC 00 00 80 BC FF FF 7F 3F 9B E1 71 0F 4B 0E 0C D1 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 9B E1 71 0F A8 7F 5C 0E 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 9B E1 71 0F E1 99 8B 42 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 9B E1 71 0F E2 99 8B 42 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 91 B3 94 7C 06 DC 48 9A 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 9B E1 71 0F E7 D7 70 2B 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00>;
                    }
                    ClassData {
                    }
                }
            }
    }
    I kept the same location because I know exactly where that is, and I don't want to mess around with that too much until get the sector to work. Now I am wondering if anything is wrong with the above code, I used your chest code, and followed the template for a sector file based on the files already in the game. I think I might have messed up the World.elexwrl file. All I did was add the name of my Sector to the Sector structure found within World.elexwrl, and nothing happened. The chest is not by the teleporter, so I know that I messed up something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    zipster ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    So I decided to try and make my own sector file
    I'd suggest to do it step-by-step.
    Otherwise you'll come into avoidable worries as you may have experienced.
    Why not use an existing sector as a test? You can delete your mod pak afterwards and the game data will be the same as before.
    Just my two cents.

and I don't want to mess around with that too much until get the sector to work.
    seems the mess has started already...

and followed the template for a sector file based on the files already in the game.
    Which file did you get the "template" from? (template is a misleading term here, btw)
    Looks like you're missing the second header (like I call it) after the sectorResource class:
    (Be sure to change the first Guid for your own sector file.)
    Code:
    "ABE_AbessaCity_Decoration" {
        "" {
            GUID = {1409FC7E-6EDB-480B-85EE-31959BA55D5A};
            Creator = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000};
            MatrixLocal = (mat 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1);
            MatrixGlobal = (mat 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1);
            Extents = (box -1 -1 -1 1 1 1);
            Center = (vec 0 0 0);
            Radius = 1.73205078;
            Range = 50000;
            Unknown0 = <00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00>;
            Unknown1 = <05>;
            Unknown2 = <1D A4 01 00 00 00>;
            "Obj_Dec_Bedframe_4_L1" {
                GUID = {3E367843-270C-416E-8954-53C9A5ED54B3};
                Creator = {9567C5F5-DCDF-4A7D-A1D1-2CABE7722872};
    tombom81 ist offline