Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Just arrived

aeroperea ist offline

Gothic 1 and 2 combat Questionnaire

Link to form
    goo.gl/forms/...

Doing some research for a project I’m working on and I’d like to hear some input on your experience playing gothic. Depending on how many answers are collected I will post the results spreadsheet in a few days in case you’d like to see the results.

THE QUESTIONS IN THIS FORM ARE SPECIFICALLY ASKING ABOUT GOTHIC 1 AND GOTHIC 2 ONLY

Project Details:

I created this questionnaire so that I can gauge opinions and maybe hear some ideas on how to improve the combat in gothic. This is because I’m currently working on developing a 3D dungeon crawl game using Unreal Engine 4. The project is still very early in development but I had the idea to include a melee combat system using similar controls and style to the old gothic games with some added functionality.

Here’s what I’ve planned to integrate thus far:

• Clean and responsive melee attacking controls
    • New keys for dodging, and heavy attacking (think dark souls R2)
    • AI combat style which promotes less exploitative and more strategic combat from the player (though I am going to try and keep the fast paced feeling of the gothic combat)
    • Many more combinations and animations then what was in the gothic games, (and hopefully at some point I’d like to add customizable combos similar to what’s seen in the game absolver)
    • Aiming by using the mouse when casting spells and using ranged combat.
    • Boss battles

I love the combat in the old gothic games and wondered how it could feel if it were polished and created with some modern game elements. I also had a lot of fun playing dark souls style games in the past and would like to make a game with similar elements whilst going in my own direction with the gameplay. I have lots of other ideas so far and I’m still coming up with new ones. However at the moment I’m purely focused on creating a prototype for the combat as it will be 90% of the game.

Note: I am aware that English is not the first languae for much of the community here and I can understand how this may cause dificulty in expressing your thoughts in some of the written answers in this questionaire. I want anybody who can offer honest opinions and feedback to have the oppourtunity to do so. Therefore I am open to you writing your answers out in another language if you find it dificult to properly articulate your opinions in english and i will use software to translate it afterwards.

I appreciate any and all contributions to this form
    thank you,

Within the next few days I will post the results of the questionaire to this thread including the responses I have recieved from the reddit post I made prior

Geändert von aeroperea (20.11.2018 um 22:41 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Halbgott Avatar von Seelenschnitte

Seelenschnitte ist offline
    Now I'm part of your project.
    Sounds like a nice idea, hard work and a lot of fun.

„Die Menschen bedienen sich ihrer Vernunft nur dazu, um ihre Ungerechtigkeiten zu rechtfertigen, und die Sprache dient ihnen allein dazu, ihre Gedanken zu verbergen.“

Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Kalten666

Kalten666 ist offline
    Be greeted, aeroperea!
    And: Welcome to the Forum!

Zitat Zitat von aeroperea Beitrag anzeigen
    Note: I am aware that English is not the first languae for much of the community here and I can understand how this may cause dificulty in expressing your thoughts in some of the written answers in this questionaire. I want anybody who can offer honest opinions and feedback to have the oppourtunity to do so. Therefore I am open to you writing your answers out in another language if you find it dificult to properly articulate your opinions in englishand i will use software to translate it afterwards.
    You could add german text to the questionair—e.g.:
    Which game did you enjoy playing most?
    {Welches der Spiele hat dir die meiste Freude bereitet?}
    €dit1:
    How do you feel about the combat in gothic 2? (Specific to the controls)
    And what would those, that never used it, but switched them to Gothi I style answer?

€dit2: for those fearing it to be a lengthy monster: there is only one page!

May Adanos let the progress of your project flow!
    Kalten666
    Geändert von Kalten666 (21.11.2018 um 15:02 Uhr)