Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Niborius

Niborius ist offline

Question Simple Modding Help Needed / Einfache Modding Hilfe benötigt

First of all sorry for writing this in English, but other than the gog forums I couldn't find an active English forum for this game. Below I did my best at translating it to german.

I'm trying to change some monster stats in this game, and I already know where to find these values and how to edit them. But once I use "re-parse scripts" in GothicStarter, the game gets German subtitles. The edits that I made do work though.

Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks in advance!

Translation in my best German:
    Ich versuche einige Monster-Statistiken zu ändern, und ich weiß wo ich diese Werte finde und wie ich sie bearbeiten kann. Aber sobald ich in GothicStarter "re-parse scripts" verwende, das Spiel zeigt deutsche Untertitel an. Die Änderungen die ich gemacht habe, funktionieren normalerweise.

Gibt es einen Workaround dafür?

Danke im Voraus!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Kämpfer

easecon ist offline
    I don't know but you should probably post this in the Editing Section instead, i guess you are more likely to get an answer there.

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Almanach-Gelehrter  Avatar von Schatten

Schatten ist offline
    Hello Niborius.

No problem. You can write in English. I will move this thread to the forum Editing. There are people who can help you with your problem.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren

Niborius ist offline
    I appreciate it, and thank you for moving the topic!

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Almanach-Gelehrter  Avatar von Schatten

Schatten ist offline
    You welcome.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Knight

Cryp18Struct ist offline
    hi!
    The .ini file you use when starting a game with the GothicStarter tells gothic where the OutputUnits (->subtitle) file is.
    Usually it is "OU".
    Code:
    [FILES]
    [...]
    OutputUnits=OU
    This file (OU.BIN) is in _work\data\Scripts\Content\Cutscene

What language version of gothic do you use?
    What is written in the .ini for OutputUnits?
    What files do you have in _work\data\Scripts\Content\Cutscene?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    The OUs don't get re-created when parsing the scripts, do you really mean the subtitles in dialogs (not menus etc.)? In case it is really about the OUs, the MDK probably installed a german file (but the english file is still contained in your Gothic2/data/modvdf/GothicGame.mod)*.

If you want to release this as a patch, all you have to do is not include the OU.BIN in your patch file, the game will automatically load the one of the original game. If you're doing those edits just for yourself, you should be able to replace the OU.BIN-file in your _work-directory with the english version by unpacking the OU.BIN from the GothicGame.mod using the VDFTool (Gothic2/_work/tools/GothicVDF).

*This only occurs when you're parsing the scripts because the game then looks in the _work-directory for this file instead of loading it from the original packed files.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

Niborius ist offline
    Awesome, that clears things up, thank you very much guys. I can't try this right now as I'm at work but if I have time tonight I'll definitely give it a go.

I'll post here again after I tested it

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren

Niborius ist offline
    Unfortunately, even after exporting the OU.BIN file from GothicGame.mod using the VDFS tool and overwriting the one in my _work folder, everything is still in german.

How do I know for sure that my GothicGame.mod isn't a German version?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Niborius Beitrag anzeigen
    Unfortunately, even after exporting the OU.BIN file from GothicGame.mod using the VDFS tool and overwriting the one in my _work folder, everything is still in german.

How do I know for sure that my GothicGame.mod isn't a German version?
    Well, that should be the file the original OU file (the one you used for playing previously) has been loaded from! Although I have never actually looked at an english installation - maybe there's an additional .mod or .vdf (same file type, just a different extension) that contains the translated OUs?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren

Niborius ist offline
    I can only find this .mod file, and all the other .vdf files aren't related to english subtitles I think.

My main menu is in German as well ever since using Reparse scripts.

Edit: Is there any way to import just the few files I've edited? How did other people do this or am I the only English modder out there
    Edit2: I'm blind, you already asked me before if it's dialogue only and I ignored it (well, didn't mean to ignore it!). So yeah it's everything in the game that's in german, including menus and item names. Sorry!
    Edit3: Another edit. I've copied my edited Gothic.dat to a fresh installation of Gothic 2 Gold, and all the menus and subtitles were in English, except for all the object names and descriptions. So the script files that I have are the german version. Is there a working English script pack somewhere?
    Geändert von Niborius (19.10.2018 um 09:41 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren
    Knight

Cryp18Struct ist offline

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren

Niborius ist offline
    They actually worked!! Finally! I knew the answer was right there but I couldn't find it, and I'm not bad at searching, that topic just never came up. This works like a charm. Thanks a lot Cryp18Struct