Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I am interested in changing item requirements and stats.
    I want to change food buff duration and regeneration rate.
    I am also interested in changing creature health, damage, and experience given.

I have never modded something that does not have modding tools and don't know where to start though I have some coding experience. I have seen some clues on this forum on how one might do this, but not enough to really strike out and start experimenting. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Perhaps someone knows of a resource I have not found.
    RazgrizOne ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von RazgrizOne Beitrag anzeigen
    I have never modded something that does not have modding tools and don't know where to start though I have some coding experience. I have seen some clues on this forum on how one might do this, but not enough to really strike out and start experimenting. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Perhaps someone knows of a resource I have not found.
    Welcome to the forum, RazgrizOne!
    "Coding experience" is very good! You don't need it for the entities in the world sector files or for changing properties but for understanding structures (especially when it comes to "scripting" the info dialogues).

Sadly most of the modders seem to have left ELEX. Only one I can see so far is Penthesilea in the help forum, but all his posts are in german, afaics.

So you're a "little bit" on your own to gain the modding knowledges required to solve your requests.
    Anyways, here's the links that should give you a start:

1) unpacking/repacking the resources:
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...source-Manager

The tool is cool because the unpacked data is in ASCII (*.doc) mainly, so for a coder it shouldn't be too hard to get a clue. (Be informed that you need to "read above"/ignore a lot of lines, guess I don't understand the meaning of 60% of them.)

There's another unpacker/repacker from a guy named NicoDE, Elexebra.exe, it unpacks to .rom and the filenames are in the .csv files. For a beginner it's not the first tool to start with, imho.
    But there's another tool from him, lianzifu, that will help you creating new dialogues. (Seems there's only 2 or three guys (me included) who ever wrote new/modified dialogues.)

With this said now to your request
    2) I strongly recommend to start with understanding this mod (i.e. you need to unpack it as a first step, .sec-> .secdoc):

https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...onster-XP-Plus

There was a discussion about templates in this forum, the mod cares for both, .tpl (templates) and sector files (.sec). First experience you'll probably make is that some changes in templates won't take effect in the game. Read the posts of Malkav to get a clue.

Good luck!
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Umsturz bei den Morkons: best PB quest ever!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline