Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Hello. I just installed Risen from Steam and I got confused about the version of the game. So I downloaded the official v1.10 patch and installed it. Now Windows says the version of the game is 1.0.96124.0 (I assume it is 1.10?). Thinking the game is on 1.10 I downloaded the unofficial 1.3 patch too, but when I extracted the files into game folder, it didn't ask me to replace game files with the ones I just downloaded, it only put the files from bin and data folders from the patch into bin and data folders in Risen directory. So with that said, is my Risen patched to 1.3 or did I mess something up?
    bonjotheslayer ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I'm not familiar with the Steam version, but it sounds about right. I have the "1.11 final" patch (which IIRC is essentially 1.10, plus the original disc copy protection removed) and my risen.exe has the product version 1.0.96124 as well. And from what I understand about how Steam works, you probably don't have to install any official patch, since Steam should already give you the latest official version.

You do have to install the unofficial patch, though. And that it doesn't overwrite files is ok. The files are in an overlay structure. For instance, animations are in the animations.pak file. If you want to change something, you don't have to overwrite that. You can just put a animations.p00 file in the same folder and its content will override the pak. And if you add an animations.p01, it'll override both the pak and the p00. And so on. I don't have the unofficial patch installed, but it seems reasonable to assume that it works in the same way (just putting a bunch of pXX files into your data folder).

So I'd say you're good to go. From what I can tell, at least.
    foobar ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Alright, thanks for helping me out so quickly! My confusion was mostly caused by the fact that the unofficial patch was not really visible in game, since this is the first time I will be playing Risen (D:) I was expecting it would show something like "1.3" in menu or have different .exe version. Thanks again for your help.
    bonjotheslayer ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von HaKaShi
    What about mods ? The onlineDB is down, all google searches show same results, someone must have the copy of all the mods, where can I find it ?
    HaKaShi ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von HaKaShi Beitrag anzeigen
    What about mods ? The onlineDB is down, all google searches show same results, someone must have the copy of all the mods, where can I find it ?
    Try the editing and mod forum. Usually, stuff got released there first, then LordOfWar picked it up for his ModStarter. Of course, mods are not as neatly presented there. You might have to dig around a bit.

https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...ns-and-Editing
    foobar ist offline