Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline

ManaReload mod in English?

Hello, I installed the mod Mana Reload 1.0 in my English installation of Gothic 2 NOTR and while the voiceover is still in English, texts are now in German.
    I tried to look if this is a setting in the mod's files that can be changed but so far no luck.
    Is there an easy way to switch between languages?
    I'm fine with the new npc to have German texts, I just want the texts for the base game to be in English.
    (and if you know of other mods that make full mage builds more fun to play let me know )

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Mauschelheld  Avatar von Zephir

Zephir ist offline
    Sorry, no idea. Maybe you can get help in the modifications forum. *push*

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von chessdragon136

chessdragon136 ist offline
    Did you by any chance install the MDK prior to installing this mod? That is the only thing I can think of that would make all the texts German..

Edit: Ok just looked again at the mod as its been a while - I saw that there was an installer and my guess is the mod creator included all the german scripts in there.. I only ever manually installed it using the source. If i get some time i may play around with this tomorrow and if #i get anywhere I'll let you know.

As for mods, I have to recommend L'Hiver.
    Geändert von chessdragon136 (31.07.2018 um 23:01 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren

Hi

If you are still interested, I have converted this mod to be GothicStarter compatible and translated (roughly) to English
    Download link: https://mega.nz/#!HqpQXQjL!f4zzu7Tlo...WewgpbPjP02IM0

The mod file goes into /Data/ModVDF and the config file goes into /System - Then just use Gothic Starter and select the ManaReload option.
    Geändert von chessdragon136 (01.08.2018 um 23:08 Uhr) Grund: Updated Link so users do not get old version

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    That's amazing, thank you!
    I tried it, texts are in English and I can see mana regen listed in the character sheet.
    Setting Player=PC_Manatest in the .ini makes the game crash for some reasons so I couldn't test the actual interaction with the NPC.

If you have tested it thoroughly it might be worth adding a brief installation readme and upload the zip to the mana reload mod page.
    I bet there are dozens of pure mage wannabes out there.

I dug through l'Hiver 1.1. changelog and I found that it has mana regen too when you reach a certain threshold of mana, I wasn't aware of it.
    I hope it's something equivalent to mana reload at least. I'll give both mods a try!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

Ok I didn't put in the test character - Not much of a problem
    If you want to test, start a new game, marvin mode, F2:
    edit abilities
    guild = 4
    edit abilites
    lp = 30
    goto waypoint kloster and press K through the door and into the library

As for testing, i pretty much did the above and it seemed to work. I used a scroll and the mana re-generated back. Whether that is "Thorough" testing I do not know as I did this in an hour - I was hoping you may confirm that it is ok and that I haven't made any typo mistakes.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    Thank you for the cheat codes, I managed to test the dialogues very easily.
    I fixed some grammatical errors and changed some lines to make the dialogue more natural.

How can I help you, brother?

I study the sacred writings of Innos.
    Furthermore, I help the servants of Innos to train their concentration.
    Why would I need to improve my concentration?
    Magicians channel their magical energy to cast spells through scrolls and runes, but over time this energy dwindles and requires rest or potions to recover.
    I have been studying this phenomenon, and have come to a solution that helps to restore our magical energy.

My magical energy will slowly regenerate over time.
    The regeneration rate of my magical energy has further improved.
    The other sentences are good as they are.
    Geändert von Emad (01.08.2018 um 21:55 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

Thanks

I've updated the texts, re-added the test character, and altered the dialog so you have to talk to him before he offers to teach you, and only shows you the levels one after the other - both seem to be obvious changes.

https://mega.nz/#!HqpQXQjL!f4zzu7Tlo...WewgpbPjP02IM0

Please feel free to download / add install text / request upload to here if you wish. I only did this as a bit of fun to help out.

Thanks,

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    Thanks, I wrote a readme file and sent the zip to the world of gothic staff.

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Rookie Avatar von Huginn

Huginn ist offline

Question

Zitat Zitat von Emad Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks, I wrote a readme file and sent the zip to the world of gothic staff.
    Was this ever uploaded at WoG? Alternatively, does anyone have the updated English-translated version available?

Thanks!