Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer

GaroK0 ist offline

Classic Gothic 2 in German

Hello.
    I'm learning german, so I decided to play a game I memorized so well through 14 years, in that language.
    Thing is I only have it in english, and I know there's a steam version and I have it, but I'd like to play the classic version for a change.

Is there like a patch or something tha makes the Dub and subs in german? From what I know Classic version is pretty abandoned, but still..

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Mauschelheld  Avatar von Zephir

Zephir ist offline
    There is no language patch. However, there is a mod that lets you play Classic even with the addon installed. So changing the language of the Gold Edition on Steam to German and then installing this mod should do the trick, I assume:

https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_230.htm

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer

GaroK0 ist offline
    I want a complete vanilla, and from what I heard this mod wasn't ablr to change back some of the things that Notr introduced.

I guess I'm gonna have to resort to something else..

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Mauschelheld  Avatar von Zephir

Zephir ist offline
    The differences to the real vanilla are minuscule and barely noticeable. A few visual effects look slightly different, some bug fixes from NotR were left in the game ...

I've played the mod myself before and the only difference I remember actually noticing was a slight difference in the way the hero pulls himself up on ledges.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Adventurer

GaroK0 ist offline
    Gothic EN.DAT file not found.

Installation proccess:

1. Gothic 2 installed in German on steam
    2. Systempack
    3. Playerkit
    4. Mod G2Classic.
    After the PB intro game crashes when about to load main menu.

What's that?
    Geändert von GaroK0 (01.08.2018 um 21:03 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Adventurer

GaroK0 ist offline
    Now after reinstalling the game gas english subtitles except for main menu.

Can I get some help here? because I'm kind of alredy waiting too long to play it.

7. #7 Zitieren
    Lord Sargon
    Gast

The Classic-Mod-Installer is bilingual, you need to choose german for the german mod.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Adventurer

GaroK0 ist offline
    The only option I get is the installer language on the start, and the only option is english.

If you mean choosing language of the game of steam, I tried it, tried selecting german version in systempack installer, even uninstalled the game, removed all remaining files in G2 folder to ensure no traces of other languages are left, and installed all of it again, but none of this worked.

9. #9 Zitieren
    Lord Sargon
    Gast

Zitat Zitat von GaroK0 Beitrag anzeigen
    The only option I get is the installer language on the start, and the only option is english.
    Strange, you should have both options, and the installer language determines the mod language.
    I will send you a german-only-version..

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Adventurer

GaroK0 ist offline
    Alright, seems like everything works fine.

Many Thanks

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Just arrived

Fenreyr ist offline
    I have the same problem. The installer only gives me the choice of installing in english and the voices ingame are in german but the rest is english. I have no idea what's causing this.

Edit: Found the issue. I had to set the system locale to german, as soon as I did that, I had the option to choose either german or english in the installer.
    Geändert von Fenreyr (10.01.2020 um 13:38 Uhr)