Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 16 von 59 « Erste ... 591213141516171819202327 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 301 bis 320 von 1179
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #301 Zitieren
    Rookie

Mr-Morgan ist offline
    Soo... Is it just me, or do 2 handed weapons completely suck ass? Especially with the shields in the mix? I'm level 29 or 30, 1H at 69 and 2H at 61 and I've been using 1 handed and shield all through the game. My str is now a little over 100 and I have the fine bastard sword that does 100 damage with 100str requierement and the elegant ore shield. I can one on one Orc elites pretty comfortably. With the ore shield my 1h is 59 cause I prefer the 2 tier animations and my damage output is pretty much the same as with the higher tier anims. I happen to have the... What is it called... Some ore blade, a 2 hander with 95str requirement and about 95dmg. All other 2 handed weapons I can buy in the castle are worse damage or require like 120 str to get to 100 damage... So I went down to test 2 handed combat on some orcs and oh boy... It is utter garbage. The extra 20 range is completely useless because orcs pretty much 95% block the first swing and just jump back. I can poke at them from max range for a 100 years and maybe whittle them down. Close up the same pattern of blocking their combos and then swinging reliably allows me to hit them like with 1h, BUT because of the slower weapon speed I can only get one swing in where with 1 handed I can reliably hit them twice after every blocked combo. The time to kill with a comparable 2 hander and 1 hander goes easily to the 1 hander with the added loss off survivability when I don't have the shield. Shields add a bunch of health and can negate hits that inevitably get through at some point... I can take like 6 to 8 hits from an orc warrior with the shield equipped but with a 2 hander the orcs chop like a quarter of my health bar each time I get hit... At this point, I get levels so slowly, that bumbing up str to get higher damage 2 handers would be idiotic... I just... I'm on the 1.1.3 eng version... Are there any changes to 2 handers in other versions that are not translated?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #302 Zitieren
    Rookie

Khalilsm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Mr-Morgan Beitrag anzeigen
    Soo... Is it just me, or do 2 handed weapons completely suck ass? Especially with the shields in the mix? I'm level 29 or 30, 1H at 69 and 2H at 61 and I've been using 1 handed and shield all through the game. My str is now a little over 100 and I have the fine bastard sword that does 100 damage with 100str requierement and the elegant ore shield. I can one on one Orc elites pretty comfortably. With the ore shield my 1h is 59 cause I prefer the 2 tier animations and my damage output is pretty much the same as with the higher tier anims. I happen to have the... What is it called... Some ore blade, a 2 hander with 95str requirement and about 95dmg. All other 2 handed weapons I can buy in the castle are worse damage or require like 120 str to get to 100 damage... So I went down to test 2 handed combat on some orcs and oh boy... It is utter garbage. The extra 20 range is completely useless because orcs pretty much 95% block the first swing and just jump back. I can poke at them from max range for a 100 years and maybe whittle them down. Close up the same pattern of blocking their combos and then swinging reliably allows me to hit them like with 1h, BUT because of the slower weapon speed I can only get one swing in where with 1 handed I can reliably hit them twice after every blocked combo. The time to kill with a comparable 2 hander and 1 hander goes easily to the 1 hander with the added loss off survivability when I don't have the shield. Shields add a bunch of health and can negate hits that inevitably get through at some point... I can take like 6 to 8 hits from an orc warrior with the shield equipped but with a 2 hander the orcs chop like a quarter of my health bar each time I get hit... At this point, I get levels so slowly, that bumbing up str to get higher damage 2 handers would be idiotic... I just... I'm on the 1.1.3 eng version... Are there any changes to 2 handers in other versions that are not translated?
    You know I think you are right! I was playing 2 handed with the new Katana weapon (125 damage) and yes, I was getting hit a LOT and was making the game very difficult. I always had problems with armor protection being too low. It wasnt until I got myrtana armor to lvl 5 and had 3 potions of armor improvement (spoiler) that I felt better.

I followed your advice and I tried 1 handed weapon with shield and oh man! My armor stats goes up a A LOT and i get hit way less. I can survive way more, and my killing speed hasnt really changed that much. I can kill enemies basically the same as 2H weapons. Great thing is that I can fight multiple enemies like orcs and humans without getting absolutely exterminated. Only bad thing is that shields lower my 1H skill by 4-12% which means I have to train it higher. Its not that bad though because is a fair trade for the added armor, evasion and extra HP shields give.

I wish I played with shields way earlier on my play-trough as I would have more easier and fair

3. Beiträge anzeigen #303 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von SuperQuail

SuperQuail ist offline
    Does anyone else have problems with the music in the VoM not working properly on Base 1.1.3? It's just playing the normal 'new world' explore music and it totally sucks. No combat music either. Also sucks that the main menu music plays this as well but I put up with it because it only lasts for a few seconds before you load a save.
    I recommend this as a substitute: https://youtu.be/s0aDp1CFZ7Q
    Geändert von SuperQuail (01.01.2020 um 02:31 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #304 Zitieren
    Fighter

Dude333 ist offline
    Hi, does someone have the insert code for the door key to the Korinis teleport ?

Cheers

5. Beiträge anzeigen #305 Zitieren
    Just arrived

HagenCZ ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dude333 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi, does someone have the insert code for the door key to the Korinis teleport ?

Cheers
    Yeah, that would be awesome. Now I need to turn on marvin everytime that i port to Khorinis :/

6. Beiträge anzeigen #306 Zitieren
    Fighter

Dude333 ist offline
    OK I figured out how to make bows if you have Bosper as Master. You need steel bars and wood billets (not bars) which are actually chopped maple trees that you find in the some forests.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #307 Zitieren
    Just arrived

Gabronx ist offline
    Hi guys! I'm new to the forum but i'm not new at all to the Gothic series, this is the first time that i make a playthrough with a "modded" gothic II, 'cause i've always played it vanilla or with the expansion installed (back in the day when i was 7 i had the two separated disks of the GOTY Edition), soooo ..... where to start.... i've NEVER liked the "re-balance" that pyranha bytes made in NotR, i've always found it annoying and frustrating, and also extremely unbalanced. It was too difficult with the warrior-strenght class and too easy (with a little bit of experted search in-game of OP weapons) with a warrior-dexterity class, plus i've always hated the fact that after reaching 30 points in ANY skill, the game would have then asked you 2 levels per 5 points, after that 3 levels per 5 points and so on, and levelling in NotR vanilla was and is not easy.
    I've chosen to try out this mod because its aim is to rebalance and expand the game in a truly logical natural and meaningful way and so far i'm really enjoying it (even if the base skills of the player are still balanced like the vanilla NotR from 30 points onward --> 2 levels per 5 points), i'm loving the redesigned map, models, enemies and especially the SERIOUSLY improved and expanded crafting system, i just fell in love with it immediatly.
    So a massive thank you for all your hard work (as by now i've understood that this is yet another russian-made mod that has been ported over to central europe regions, i'm italian and i'm playing everything in english, and russian language in film and videogames is not something i want at all, i just can't stand it i'm sorry without considering the fact that i don't know/understand it).
    Ok without further a do, let's get to the point; for what i've read in the changelog list something is not right in my game and i wanted to ask you guys if i'm right or not: the level scaling, i'm currently at level 15 and i need 9000 experience points before reaching the next level, i'm now going to Jharkendar but.... i'm too weak, two wolves can still knock me out in a matter of seconds (i'm using the assassin's armor), not to mention the enemies that are located and that i have to fight in Jharkendar, i thought that with this mod you would have leveled up a bit quicker, so that you could have had more LP to spend for ALL the new stuff that's in the game.
    I don't know guys, tell me if i'm wrong or not please ahaha i'll give a few screenshots (those are from a little earlier in the game from where i'm now in terms of progression)
    PS : i'm playing with the 1.1.4 version, everything else has been working correctly so far, thank you!
    [Bild: B6PY55Q][Bild: B6PY55Q][Bild: attachment.php?s=7d3474ac9610c31b15d29d9787b8ad08&attachmentid=48819&d=1579787230&thumb=1][Bild: attachment.php?s=7d3474ac9610c31b15d29d9787b8ad08&attachmentid=48820&d=1579787238&thumb=1]
    Geändert von Gabronx (23.01.2020 um 17:05 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #308 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gabronx Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi guys! I'm new to the forum but i'm not new at all to the Gothic series, this is the first time that i make a playthrough with a "modded" gothic II, 'cause i've always played it vanilla or with the expansion installed (back in the day when i was 7 i had the two separated disks of the GOTY Edition), soooo ..... where to start.... i've NEVER liked the "re-balance" that pyranha bytes made in NotR, i've always found it annoying and frustrating, and also extremely unbalanced. It was too difficult with the warrior-strenght class and too easy (with a little bit of experted search in-game of OP weapons) with a warrior-dexterity class, plus i've always hated the fact that after reaching 30 points in ANY skill, the game would have then asked you 2 levels per 5 points, after that 3 levels per 5 points and so on, and levelling in NotR vanilla was and is not easy.
    I've chosen to try out this mod because its aim is to rebalance and expand the game in a truly logical natural and meaningful way and so far i'm really enjoying it (even if the base skills of the player are still balanced like the vanilla NotR from 30 points onward --> 2 levels per 5 points), i'm loving the redesigned map, models, enemies and especially the SERIOUSLY improved and expanded crafting system, i just fell in love with it immediatly.
    So a massive thank you for all your hard work (as by now i've understood that this is yet another russian-made mod that has been ported over to central europe regions, i'm italian and i'm playing everything in english, and russian language in film and videogames is not something i want at all, i just can't stand it i'm sorry without considering the fact that i don't know/understand it).
    Ok without further a do, let's get to the point; for what i've read in the changelog list something is not right in my game and i wanted to ask you guys if i'm right or not: the level scaling, i'm currently at level 15 and i need 9000 experience points before reaching the next level, i'm now going to Jharkendar but.... i'm too weak, two wolves can still knock me out in a matter of seconds (i'm using the assassin's armor), not to mention the enemies that are located and that i have to fight in Jharkendar, i thought that with this mod you would have leveled up a bit quicker, so that you could have had more LP to spend for ALL the new stuff that's in the game.
    I don't know guys, tell me if i'm wrong or not please ahaha i'll give a few screenshots (those are from a little earlier in the game from where i'm now in terms of progression)
    PS : i'm playing with the 1.1.4 version, everything else has been working correctly so far, thank you!
    [Bild: B6PY55Q][Bild: B6PY55Q][Bild: attachment.php?s=7d3474ac9610c31b15d29d9787b8ad08&attachmentid=48819&d=1579787230&thumb=1][Bild: attachment.php?s=7d3474ac9610c31b15d29d9787b8ad08&attachmentid=48820&d=1579787238&thumb=1]
    Ciao Grabonx!
    Sono anche io italiano ma per correttezza ti risponderò in inglese.
    __

The fact that 2 wolves can still rip you off is because in L'Hiver, there is a minimum of 15 HP damage for both you and the enemies. This means (basically) that if your armor is 100 and the enemy has 50 attack, even if normally he shouldn't deal any damage to you, he will deal at least 15hp. This is made to prevent 30+ goblins attacking you without getting any damage on you at all, and this would've been easy enough with new armors. Honestly I in the first place didn't like this 15 minimum damage, and as many have pointed, it is too high.. 10 would've been way better, unfortunately i'm not good at modding and i couldn't find a way to change this minimum damage value when i was translating and editing this mod.
    Overall my suggestion if you think you're too weak, is to level up HP, that will boost your resistance a lot, you'll still take 15hp minimum every time, but if you have 500hp it won't matter that much. L'Hiver is really hard but it is still a really good experience, there is something that needs to be fixed still and i'm aware of that, but sadly i cannot work on this rn. Hopefully this summer i'll be able to touch it a bit and release a new version that fixes most of the problems and again, if someone is good with modding PM me please with some help.
    Hope i helped, see you guys!
    Geändert von Masty (30.01.2020 um 20:11 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #309 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Roland54

Roland54 ist offline
    If you could do that, I mean a new version, that would be really great! I like the english l'Hiver, please do this fixes.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #310 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von HoMi

HoMi ist offline
    i also would really love an update ... even if it would be the final update, but some things really need some fix
    Möge Innos eure Wege erleuchten!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #311 Zitieren
    Neuling

Bluevexlo ist offline

DX 11 problem

Hello, I have a problem with accessing the configuration menu of the DX 11. Pressing F11 or ctr+ F11 does nothing and I cant tinker with the options. Can anyone help me?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #312 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Neconspictor

Neconspictor ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Masty Beitrag anzeigen
    Ciao Grabonx!
    Sono anche io italiano ma per correttezza ti risponderò in inglese.
    __

The fact that 2 wolves can still rip you off is because in L'Hiver, there is a minimum of 15 HP damage for both you and the enemies. This means (basically) that if your armor is 100 and the enemy has 50 attack, even if normally he shouldn't deal any damage to you, he will deal at least 15hp. This is made to prevent 30+ goblins attacking you without getting any damage on you at all, and this would've been easy enough with new armors. Honestly I in the first place didn't like this 15 minimum damage, and as many have pointed, it is too high.. 10 would've been way better, unfortunately i'm not good at modding and i couldn't find a way to change this minimum damage value when i was translating and editing this mod.
    Overall my suggestion if you think you're too weak, is to level up HP, that will boost your resistance a lot, you'll still take 15hp minimum every time, but if you have 500hp it won't matter that much. L'Hiver is really hard but it is still a really good experience, there is something that needs to be fixed still and i'm aware of that, but sadly i cannot work on this rn. Hopefully this summer i'll be able to touch it a bit and release a new version that fixes most of the problems and again, if someone is good with modding PM me please with some help.
    Hope i helped, see you guys!
    It is very easy to change the minimal damage: Change the variable NPC_MINIMAL_DAMAGE in the script Content/AI/AI_Intern/AI_Constants.d .
    With a bit of knowledge you can also change it using an hex editor. I did this just for fun. This way i found out, that the minimal damage is 25 and not 15
    If you want to try it out with a minimal damage of 10, here you go:
    G2_LH_ENG_SCRIPTS_v1.1.4-min-damage-10.vdf
    Note: You have to delete the G2_LH_ENG_SCRIPTS_v1.1.4.vdf in your Data folder. Otherwise it could be, that the changes won't be applied.
    Geändert von Neconspictor (07.02.2020 um 17:39 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #313 Zitieren
    Adventurer

YoungManRumble ist offline
    Hi everybody, I'm not an Einstein at Gothic modding, but I have some skills, if your desires aren't too demanding I could implement the changes you believe should be made. Just make a list with a numerical order and I will see what I can do.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #314 Zitieren
    Neuling

Bluevexlo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Neconspictor Beitrag anzeigen
    It is very easy to change the minimal damage: Change the variable NPC_MINIMAL_DAMAGE in the script Content/AI/AI_Intern/AI_Constants.d .
    With a bit of knowledge you can also change it using an hex editor. I did this just for fun. This way i found out, that the minimal damage is 25 and not 15
    Note: You have to delete the G2_LH_ENG_SCRIPTS_v1.1.4.vdf in your Data folder. Otherwise it could be, that the changes won't be applied.

I have a question, does this also change the minimal damage done by the player character? I'd love to play with npc minimal damage reduced to 10 but then have player minimal damage also reduced to the same amount.
    Geändert von Bluevexlo (08.02.2020 um 18:13 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #315 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Neconspictor

Neconspictor ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bluevexlo Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a question, does this also change the minimal damage done by the player character? I'd love to play with npc minimal damage reduced to 10 but then have player minimal damage also reduced to the same amount.
    Yes, the minimal damage affects damage for all npc and player.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #316 Zitieren
    Neuling

Bluevexlo ist offline
    Yes, the minimal damage affects damage for all npc and player.
    Thank you, much appreciated !

17. Beiträge anzeigen #317 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Thank you for the information, the fact that it was "very easy" and after many weeks i still didn't find that fix, shows how good i am with modding , when i'll get some time i'll fix that, thank you again.

Zitat Zitat von YoungManRumble Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi everybody, I'm not an Einstein at Gothic modding, but I have some skills, if your desires aren't too demanding I could implement the changes you believe should be made. Just make a list with a numerical order and I will see what I can do.
    Woah, that would be amazing honestly, do you have discord? pm me with it and once i'm done with IRL, i'll text you on discord

18. Beiträge anzeigen #318 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Zitat Zitat von Masty Beitrag anzeigen
    Woah, that would be amazing honestly, do you have discord? pm me with it and once i'm done with IRL, i'll text you on discord
    I have an account, but I have never really used Discord. Unless there's a team working on the mod that uses Discord, I would rather use this platform for texting.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #319 Zitieren
    Adventurer

All right, I read most of this thread and if I understood correctly most people find version 1.1.3 fine and there's some things missing in version 1.1.4. So you guys want the changes of 1.1.4 to be applied to 1.1.3 while using the base of 1.1.3. I will start today, but I'm not sure what changed in the 1.1.4 base, something with the landscape?

I never played the mod for more than a few hours so I will start with version 1.1.3 to get a feel of the situation. First change I will make is to make sure you can take meat from animals from the get go, just like it was in all Gothic games, but if you learn the butcher skill you will get even more meat from some animals like scavengers and molerats just like in Gothic I.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #320 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Roland54

Roland54 ist offline
    The 1.1.4 "forgot" all the grave moss, and it would be much harder without that grave moss. And ther were some keys for the rooms below of Harads rooms. There you could find some goodies for the beginning of the game.
    I don't know if there are other things that changed because I never played on with this and built the 1.1.3/1.1.4- mix.

Seite 16 von 59 « Erste ... 591213141516171819202327 ... Letzte »