Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 6 von 59 « Erste ... 23456789101317 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 101 bis 120 von 1179
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #101 Zitieren
    Kämpfer

easecon ist offline
    I think you're right and i do like them to be strong, i also think a high regeneration makes for an exciting long lasting fight (which is how it's supposed to be i think).

BUT i must also say, that if you cheese your way through gothing by using cheap tricks (prime example, using the bow while enemy can't reach or something like that) it's your own fault for making it boring. I'm not referring to you however, your point is very valid, but just generally. I always try to make it realistic as possible. Switch spells if something is to strong and generally just bring in variety and fairness (to make it more exciting).

Hence why i think the bow is so god damn boring. "Free Aim" is already a good step tough even if it takes away the only current good think about bows (that you see enemies that are far away quicker).

Btw. what do you think about my previous post?
    I wrote that the mage seems to be very very weakened, with increased mana cost and somewhat useless spells. Orks just yell to make wolfs and goblins die instantly. Wolfs even run away from demons. Attackspells cannot be cast onto someone directly in front of you while it still takes your mana (bug?). AND magic scrolls only cost lousy 10 Mana points and make the highest spells available to everyone. (Firerain was i believe 150 Mana for a mage). Lastly mana regeneration is only available with 160 Mana! I think drinking potions all the time isn't really that fun. But calculating with a slow Mana regeneration would be.

I haven't played it trough yet, just saw it by testing, so i'm not sure if this will somehow be balanced in the game. But it really looks awfully weak. Did you test it as a mage?

Edit: Oh and i don't really understand your previous point about the praying thing. I mean stats are always more important than money no? And it's your own choice to invest into stats. So your not really in a thougher position. It's just that the most worthy thing to spent your money on (apart from Daron) is made less good i think. Or is it still the same stats but more money? Dunno...
    Geändert von easecon (23.09.2018 um 15:12 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #102 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von zsicustos

zsicustos ist offline
    Hey, I posted some of these suggestions of my run of 1.1.1. There were more but some were already fixed or they are being fixed(armor and shield related), what do you think of them?

-There is not enough money in the game. Even in later chapters you don't swim in it. I got by by cheating a lot but without that it would have been horrible. Can you add a "Haggle" skill that is, let's say chapter bound, and increases the percentage the goods are traded at?
    -The final paladin runes which if I recall were removed from the expansion are back but they cost a lot of mana. I had 200 mana and they were mostly useless. The great healing was nice, but the offensive paladin rune did 600 damage for 80 mana. Which means that you did some damage for all of your manapool. And it didn't even kill an ork warrior if I recall. Since they only appear in the final chapter they should be considerably more fun.
    -Regeneration is ok. By the time you get he health regen it is so slow that it might not be there. The mana regen was useful for a paladin, Light healing was cheap enough that by the time I needed another healing after fighting I was at full mana. Maybe add a skill to increase hp/mp regen once you have it?
    -The maximum trainable attribute limit should be removed
    -Since even the heavy paladin armor is rubbish I constantly had to change back to it when talking to paladins/militia because I had to wear paladin armor to talk to them.
    -Because of the prohibiting price speed potions that you create should increase run speed permanently by a little.
    -Could there be an enchantable wizard staff? You need enchanting and sacrificing expensive/rare stuff would give it a permanent bonus eg. mana, mana regen, damage etc. It would add to the feel of enchanting.
    -Can you think of a way to decrease the range from where you can hear Vatras's voice, maybe a menu option to make him stop talking completely?
    -The forging equipment behind the marketplace desperately needs a workbench.
    -Can you change the paladin "light" spell? Right now it's a pulsating blue it doesn't illuminate much and in the darkness of the night it's incredibly annoying. I literally used it once. A suggestion: put it higher above the NH, make it a different color, disable the pulsing, make the illumination stronger, and the visual effect much smaller.
    -Forest berry needs their own berry broth recipe
    -Alchemy is boring, can you please add a sub-menu to create “1”, “5”, “all”, options for the 6 standard potions, eg. mana elixir.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #103 Zitieren
    Ranger

kingnero ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von easecon Beitrag anzeigen
    I think you're right and i do like them to be strong, i also think a high regeneration makes for an exciting long lasting fight (which is how it's supposed to be i think).

BUT i must also say, that if you cheese your way through gothing by using cheap tricks (prime example, using the bow while enemy can't reach or something like that) it's your own fault for making it boring. I'm not referring to you however, your point is very valid, but just generally. I always try to make it realistic as possible. Switch spells if something is to strong and generally just bring in variety and fairness (to make it more exciting).

Hence why i think the bow is so god damn boring. "Free Aim" is already a good step tough even if it takes away the only current good think about bows (that you see enemies that are far away quicker).

Btw. what do you think about my previous post?
    I wrote that the mage seems to be very very weakened, with increased mana cost and somewhat useless spells. Orks just yell to make wolfs and goblins die instantly. Wolfs even run away from demons. Attackspells cannot be cast onto someone directly in front of you while it still takes your mana (bug?). AND magic scrolls only cost lousy 10 Mana points and make the highest spells available to everyone. (Firerain was i believe 150 Mana for a mage). Lastly mana regeneration is only available with 160 Mana! I think drinking potions all the time isn't really that fun. But calculating with a slow Mana regeneration would be.

I haven't played it trough yet, just saw it by testing, so i'm not sure if this will somehow be balanced in the game. But it really looks awfully weak. Did you test it as a mage?

Edit: Oh and i don't really understand your previous point about the praying thing. I mean stats are always more important than money no? And it's your own choice to invest into stats. So your not really in a thougher position. It's just that the most worthy thing to spent your money on (apart from Daron) is made less good i think. Or is it still the same stats but more money? Dunno...
    playing mage is the easiest if you ask me... not at start ofc... but later... orcs dont yell at your summons they do 360°spins with weapon this is so you dont cheeze the game to much... you need to kill them with damage spells and if some enemie is right in your face you should not be able to cast magic...you need to pull up your weapon or run

im doing no death lhiver 1.1.3 version now and there is no question that warrior-mage build is the very best of them all... i invest all LP at start to get 75% at one handed and str. to 100 (25% i get from items, so i have 100% weapon crit) i dont worry about getting mana to 160... i get 160 mana in chapter 2 with warrior build basicly... i used to spend 30LP for 30 mana, but since i level up and get 3 mana for each level i dont even do that... so one handed weapon gives me 30 mana, set of rings and amulet from dlc map give me 40 mana, giving vatras 26 old stone tablets is basicly 26 mana, daros fire mage in city is 2 mana, coragon beer is 2 mana, innos gives 20 mana so right now i would have basicly 100-110 mana (not counting leveling as a mage) ussally i had like 300-400 mushrooms and made some potions so thats 30-40 mana...not to forget about ppl selling pernament mana potions(also 1 waiting on bed after you become mage)... by this time i always had 160 mana (i spend LP on making mana potions from mushrooms... which cost me 12 LP i think... +30LP that i used on 30 mana, but not anymore in this last version)

and as a mage you have enchanting... you can make gear that gives you 300 hp and 15 str or full set that gives you 50str (30 mana amulet, 15 mana ring)... there are full of situations where you need magic to get no death... like trolls or spliting enemys up, i always cast ice block on an orc or 2 and fight the rest with my beast one handed weapon i bought from gorax for 1950 gold.

back to your post... scrolls are 1 time use... ppl who arent mage dont have alot of mana... as far as i am concered they are balanced... there are some that are cheeze but its just 1 use. pure mage build is very hard at start, but after you get throe it you are basicly the strongest of them all... summoning is not the WAE to kill orcs... just saying, dont even try it (except demon and stuff like that)

and i didnt test what happens if you make rings of mana regeneration... do they stack up... so you get 3 mana per second? i think yes... (could not find enouf sapphier dust to make mana ring +15 and after for mana regen ring (it consumes mana ring+15)... (i tested on hp regen rings thoe, had 160 str so i was already getting regen, then i equiped 2 rings and over the corse of 100 second i healed 300 hp (with no rings 100) so i quess it works on stacking on regen on mana as well)

about the innos shrine praying... im just saying not to make is 100 gold again... right now its 300 gold for prayer and its good... im warrior-mage i dont really buy mana potions or armors and im apprentice to bosper with no lockpicking and im basicly swimming in gold, not to mention im very strong... in chapter 4 its basicly over for me... i got best crafted armor, best rings/amulet/belt, good sword. and still i got 7k gold... if praying would be 100 gold i would be at 11k at that time... now if i wanted to cheeze i would just pray to innos non stop for extra hp and 11k would be 110x3hp =330 hp? and this would be chapter 4 for me... imagine end of chapter 5... i would be rocking 2k hp probably ... and if you cap praying to 30 prayers then on what would i spend my money on?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #104 Zitieren
    Ranger

kingnero ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von zsicustos Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, I posted some of these suggestions of my run of 1.1.1. There were more but some were already fixed or they are being fixed(armor and shield related), what do you think of them?

-There is not enough money in the game. Even in later chapters you don't swim in it. I got by by cheating a lot but without that it would have been horrible. Can you add a "Haggle" skill that is, let's say chapter bound, and increases the percentage the goods are traded at?
    -The final paladin runes which if I recall were removed from the expansion are back but they cost a lot of mana. I had 200 mana and they were mostly useless. The great healing was nice, but the offensive paladin rune did 600 damage for 80 mana. Which means that you did some damage for all of your manapool. And it didn't even kill an ork warrior if I recall. Since they only appear in the final chapter they should be considerably more fun.
    -Regeneration is ok. By the time you get he health regen it is so slow that it might not be there. The mana regen was useful for a paladin, Light healing was cheap enough that by the time I needed another healing after fighting I was at full mana. Maybe add a skill to increase hp/mp regen once you have it?
    -The maximum trainable attribute limit should be removed
    -Since even the heavy paladin armor is rubbish I constantly had to change back to it when talking to paladins/militia because I had to wear paladin armor to talk to them.
    -Because of the prohibiting price speed potions that you create should increase run speed permanently by a little.
    -Could there be an enchantable wizard staff? You need enchanting and sacrificing expensive/rare stuff would give it a permanent bonus eg. mana, mana regen, damage etc. It would add to the feel of enchanting.
    -Can you think of a way to decrease the range from where you can hear Vatras's voice, maybe a menu option to make him stop talking completely?
    -The forging equipment behind the marketplace desperately needs a workbench.
    -Can you change the paladin "light" spell? Right now it's a pulsating blue it doesn't illuminate much and in the darkness of the night it's incredibly annoying. I literally used it once. A suggestion: put it higher above the NH, make it a different color, disable the pulsing, make the illumination stronger, and the visual effect much smaller.
    -Forest berry needs their own berry broth recipe
    -Alchemy is boring, can you please add a sub-menu to create “1”, “5”, “all”, options for the 6 standard potions, eg. mana elixir.
    1. there is balance in cash... money should be like, you cant afford everything you want, but if you play smart you have more then enouf... im playing warrior-mage build and i got best armor in chapter 4 and best enchanted rings/amulet/belt and my stats are amazing for my level and chapter 4 and i still have 7k left (and i payed innos 6k gold and alot of other stuff) and im not lockpicking or stealing... i am just bosper apprentice... there are alot of places to get money...
    2. paladins suck at damage magic mostly... if you want damage magic be a mage.
    3.what maximum trainable thingy should be off? dont tell me you have 300 STR or 300 mana as a paladin lol
    4.speed potions will never increase speed pernamently because it would break the game. you need to die if wargs chasing you
    other things you say i agree.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #105 Zitieren

zsicustos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von kingnero Beitrag anzeigen
    1. there is balance in cash... money should be like, you cant afford everything you want, but if you play smart you have more then enouf... im playing warrior-mage build and i got best armor in chapter 4 and best enchanted rings/amulet/belt and my stats are amazing for my level and chapter 4 and i still have 7k left (and i payed innos 6k gold and alot of other stuff) and im not lockpicking or stealing... i am just bosper apprentice... there are alot of places to get money...
    2. paladins suck at damage magic mostly... if you want damage magic be a mage.
    3.what maximum trainable thingy should be off? dont tell me you have 300 STR or 300 mana as a paladin lol
    4.speed potions will never increase speed pernamently because it would break the game. you need to die if wargs chasing you
    other things you say i agree.
    1. The game is not as fun as it used to be. This would give the option to players who want to spend their hard earned LP on changing difficulty a tiny bit. It would be a hard choice especially in the beginning. That's why I'm not saying it should be universal.
    2. I did mean it for chapter 5 when it doesn't really mater anyways but it would make it more fun. Also the game shouldn't force you into a specific path to have fun. If you want to spend a lot on mana for a ranged paladin instead on crossbows the game should allow you. Again the game should be fun.
    3. In my play-through there was a maximum trainable 130 I think, that might have been changed since, but it was in the code when I checked back then.
    4. Yes, for the first or fifth time you play Gothic 1 or 2, sure. But the game has a lot of running across the map, and there is little fun in later chapters when you cleared the map but still have to run around. Make the recipe appear later eg. ch.4 or don't give a too large boost, but running can be annoying after a while

6. Beiträge anzeigen #106 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    While I think suggestions and constructive criticism is a good thing, we must remember that the one who made this mod is Unknown111 who made it in russian. This english version I think we should mostly focus on fixing bugs and making it polished as it is. Its not realistic to think that Masty would find time to make all these bigger changes that people ask for. We are going to need a new mod team for that. Remember that Masty, Gwyn and co. disappeared for months without a word before the last update.

So at this point all I really want and find realistic is fixing the bugs and errors that are in the changelog. Then if there will be big changes down the line, thats cool too, but I wouldnt count on it. Maybe Unknown will make some big update overhauls to his Russian L'hiver.

Anyway. Im very happy we got 1.1.3 out, some changes that was made were bad and needs to be reversed/adjusted, as stated in the changelog, I just hope we get this soon'ish

7. Beiträge anzeigen #107 Zitieren

zsicustos ist offline
    Fair enough, I would take part of a development team, the code is already on git and as has been suggested let's make a discord development chat(my Id is custos#2283). I'm sure the current devs wouldn't mind offloading some work...

8. Beiträge anzeigen #108 Zitieren
    Ranger

kingnero ist offline
    so i was in dlc map and was just killing stuff... its funny how i asked myself what happens if you fell into swarm while getting attacked... i got answer really fast and it ended my 20 hours no death run...

https://clips.twitch.tv/LachrymoseDe...ctylCclamChamp

btw when praying to innos it doesnt speak the dialog like in previos version.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #109 Zitieren
    Kämpfer

easecon ist offline
    How does the praying system work in the currrent 1.1.3 version?
    It's said that in 1.1.4 it's not guild based anymore so i'm guessing it is right now, but is there any cap at all? Or is it just 300 Gold for a stat as long as you can afford it?

And guildless do get random +1 on str/dex/mana?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #110 Zitieren

zsicustos ist offline
    Can you guys please update the git repository you have with the latest version so I can make some private modifications?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #111 Zitieren
    Rookie

Kastorus ist offline
    Hello everyone, I have been watching this mod for quite a while and decided to try it but the only thing that I really dont like is how Valley of Mines is green and stuff, I've read somewhere that theres a way to make Valley as it is supposed to look like but one site that I found is in german, download link isnt working and its for 0.95 Lhiver version so.. Is there any updated version for normal Valley or something that I missed?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #112 Zitieren
    Kämpfer

easecon ist offline
    I don't think there is, didn't even know about a 0.95 Version but in here there is still L'hiver in the german 0.91 version with the dark valley as an option.

Marcello was the one who created the dark valley version, he's german so i guess only for the german version. Also it was said that he was done with L'Hiver and doesn't want to do anything anymore..

There are two basic german versions, one (the 0.91 from above) with the L'Hiver script-changes and one that mostly includes only the world of L'Hiver (also with balance changes and bugfixes but mostly you're playing the original Gothic 2 notr). Both come with the dark valley.

I also don't really know why there doesn't seem to be an english version with the dark valley but as lazy as i am i won't dare to complain (not that i could do it so easily, i'd have to learn first lol)
    Geändert von easecon (08.10.2018 um 18:38 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #113 Zitieren
    Rookie

Kastorus ist offline
    Oh well, thanks for the answer anyway tried combine textures from both and I failed so seems like it doesnt work or something, guess Ill have to try green Valley then.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #114 Zitieren
    Ranger

kingnero ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kastorus Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh well, thanks for the answer anyway tried combine textures from both and I failed so seems like it doesnt work or something, guess Ill have to try green Valley then.
    F11 objects 0 ... dont get stuck on a tree thoe

15. Beiträge anzeigen #115 Zitieren
    Lehrling

bugmenotpls ist offline
    Any update on the release of version 1.1.4?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #116 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von bugmenotpls Beitrag anzeigen
    Any update on the release of version 1.1.4?
    I can't work on that since i'm away from home, but a 1.1.4 version is already done and i just need to upload it, but i have to wait till i get home since it's saved there. Sorry guys but life is full of darkness and stuff to do

17. Beiträge anzeigen #117 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Vic7im ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Masty Beitrag anzeigen
    I can't work on that since i'm away from home, but a 1.1.4 version is already done and i just need to upload it, but i have to wait till i get home since it's saved there. Sorry guys but life is full of darkness and stuff to do

Ooh, I get you man. I know the feeling.

Hope you get through though, keep up the good work

18. Beiträge anzeigen #118 Zitieren
    Einmalposter

HiveMind ist offline
    When can we expect version 1.1.4 to be released? I've started working on some improvements on my own (f.e. potions healing percent of health instead of fixed values, some enchanting balance improvements), but keeping them in version 1.1.3 is unwise. I'm waiting for 1.1.4 so I can port them.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #119 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von HiveMind Beitrag anzeigen
    When can we expect version 1.1.4 to be released? I've started working on some improvements on my own (f.e. potions healing percent of health instead of fixed values, some enchanting balance improvements), but keeping them in version 1.1.3 is unwise. I'm waiting for 1.1.4 so I can port them.
    I should be home in 1 week, but just for a few days. I have the .mod file ready to upload and just need to convert it to .vdf files, not sure if i'll have the time to do so tho, in any case i'll post the .mod file so maybe someone can help me and make the .vdf files.
    Sorry again for the lack of presence and thank you for your help!

20. Beiträge anzeigen #120 Zitieren
    Just arrived

rat9988 ist offline
    Hello,

New guy here (but old golthic 2 player). I was wondering, is there anyway to change the minimum damage from 25 to a number of my choice? It doesn't seem to be in any ini file, so I guess I need a hexa editor and modify some particular value?

Seite 6 von 59 « Erste ... 23456789101317 ... Letzte »