Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 5 von 59 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 1179
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von chessdragon136

chessdragon136 ist offline
    Ok I've implemented the changes and they compile - But I don't have an environment to test these easily at the moment due to the joys of PC failures.

If anyone wants to be kind enough to test for me. I don't know if any text outputs from Vatras / Daron rewards will clash on screen.. The DIA files are below.

https://mega.nz/#!uuB3QQIB!jbkTfJ7uZ...CKjbeQmoaPKQnw

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von chessdragon136 Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok I've implemented the changes and they compile - But I don't have an environment to test these easily at the moment due to the joys of PC failures.

If anyone wants to be kind enough to test for me. I don't know if any text outputs from Vatras / Daron rewards will clash on screen.. The DIA files are below.

https://mega.nz/#!uuB3QQIB!jbkTfJ7uZ...CKjbeQmoaPKQnw
    I tested the scripts, they were almost ok, I made just a few changes

Vatras
    - You forgot to multiply the hp/mana bonus by the number of tablets given, I fixed that
    - The reward text was very long, I changed it so it uses PRINT_Learnhitpoints_MAX and PRINT_LearnMANA_MAX so it prints "Hitpoints +2 Mana +1"

Daron:
    - I moved the text down a bit for HP boosts (using YPOS_LevelUp), it was very close to the gold given notification.

Here's the zip
    https://mega.nz/#!1RFVGaKD!TsYr4MxFx...4oF0GqPru3YUvU

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von chessdragon136

chessdragon136 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Emad Beitrag anzeigen
    I tested the scripts, they were almost ok, I made just a few changes

Vatras
    - You forgot to multiply the hp/mana bonus by the number of tablets given, I fixed that
    - The reward text was very long, I changed it so it uses PRINT_Learnhitpoints_MAX and PRINT_LearnMANA_MAX so it prints "Hitpoints +2 Mana +1"

Daron:
    - I moved the text down a bit for HP boosts (using YPOS_LevelUp), it was very close to the gold given notification.

Here's the zip
    https://mega.nz/#!1RFVGaKD!TsYr4MxFx...4oF0GqPru3YUvU
    I realised I had forgotten to do that when I woke up this morning - An example of mistakes in late night coding!
    Thanks for the fixes.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84 Zitieren
    Apprentice

RandalMcdaniel ist offline
    Any eta on when L'hivers official download version comes to 1.1.4?

P.S. I finally realized that the "Replacement" textures folder in GD3D11 folder is a colossal performance slog. Delete it and block gothic2.exe from acessing the internet so it can't re-download new ones. It's apparently just bumpmaps to improve the current textures
    Geändert von RandalMcdaniel (13.08.2018 um 23:57 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Bennett ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RandalMcdaniel Beitrag anzeigen
    P.S. I finally realized that the "Replacement" textures folder in GD3D11 folder is a colossal performance slog. Delete it
    only GPU performance, right? my old FX CPU doesn't do that well in this game but GPU is fine for me. any way to improve performance on CPU side of things?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Waco ist offline
    Hi,
    here are my 2 cents regarding this great mod. Almost all the changes are awesome so a big thank you is in place. The game is much more balanced in my opinion, which makes it different from the original, but ultimately better.

Now, probably the only think I really dislike are the damn orc leaps. What was always great about Gothic is that it was difficult but never unfair. This definitely is unfair and that is my problem with it. In chapter 2, if you decide to go with Diego (who wouldn't?) you must go through several orc groups even though you are low level with bad equip so what sense does it make to make it even harder for you? Can you please tell me some arguments for including this feature? I vaguely remember reading in some changelog that this was implemented so that you could not kill orcs while being weak and with low level. Except what I have just mentioned (that you are required to), why couldn't you? If you are skilled enough in the game, then you can kill whoever you want on level 1. This was always true for Gothic (again, you are supposed to kill a dragon snapper in chapter 1) so why change it?

Enough about that I was Harad's apprentice and there were some minor issues with forging. For one, Sword of Truth (and also the next 2 swords, I think) say they require some steel and 1 textile while it is supposed to be 1 leather. This bug is only in the forging menu, not in the diary, but still should be fixed. Also, when upgrading the last swords, I believe it costs 1 steel bar and 1 ore bar. However, I could not see this in the forging menu (too long) and neither in the diary, so I had to guess. Maybe I have something wrong (there are several texts like this that simply did not fit in that line, is there a fix for that?) but would still be nice to have this information in the diary. Lastly, the dragon hunter almanac one-handed drangonslayer sword cost 5 dragon blood, not 4 as written in the almanac.

Still regarding forging, the last one-handed sword was the 3 times improved bastard sword having 130 dmg, 110 range, and 1 bonus sword skill, nice. Then I forged the mighty dragon slayer only to get the same damage and 100 range Yes, it had 10 bonus sword skill and pierced dragon defense but I still expected more. Am I the only one who felt that way? I am not sure how to balance it, maybe even remove the last sword improvement, but it just seemed like almost no upgrade. No big issue though, just my opinion.

Now for some bugs (present also in the original game, I think). In the Halls of Irdorath, the Keymaster was named Klucznik (in Polish). Then, I had no dialogue options for Gorn when sitting next to Gestath under the Stone dragon. I am not sure when this happens but it was the first dragon I went to kill. Lastly, I have joined Ring of Water before going with Lares anywhere and so he no longer wanted to. This is fine, I guess, but then I asked him to go with me to the stone circle in the forest, to which he replied normally (that he will go) but I still did not have that option. Should be fixed somehow, I think.

That is all and thank you, again, for working on this further keeping Gothic 2 alive!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87 Zitieren
    Apprentice

RandalMcdaniel ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bennett Beitrag anzeigen
    only GPU performance, right? my old FX CPU doesn't do that well in this game but GPU is fine for me. any way to improve performance on CPU side of things?
    what? if a game uses less vram the engine is lighter and the game will just run better in general

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RandalMcdaniel Beitrag anzeigen
    what? if a game uses less vram the engine is lighter and the game will just run better in general
    Not at all... Depends on the game and the resolution used and the hardware. L'Hiver is texture-heavy (in terms of comparisons to the original) so the more GPU power you have the better the game will run--most definitely true with the wonderful GD3d11 mod. Especially, if like me you run the game @ 3840x2160, maxed image quality--the game is almost totally GPU limited--almost to the point that the cpu doesn't matter. BTW, those textures you deleted are "normal maps"--which are much different from simple bump maps--they require more GPU power to push.

BTW, in terms of recent GPUs--like in the last 2-3 years, or so--L'Hiver is still lightweight from the GPU's perspective, and as such the game runs smooth as butter @ 3840x2160 on my RX-480 8GB. Deleting the nice normal maps seems like a sin... If you are going to use the D3d11 mod at all--I would advise you get a much more recent GPU.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89 Zitieren
    Neuling

Blubberzwerg ist offline
    Hey Masty,
    Loving my Playthrough so far! Unfortunately I'm stuck right now:

- I was in the valley of mines and returned with the letter for Lord Hagen
    - I went to Xardas, told him everything and went into the city
    - Lord Hagen is gone now. Behind the table in the usual place is only Ingmar

Did you put in another place in chapter 3?

Greetings!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Blubberzwerg Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey Masty,
    Loving my Playthrough so far! Unfortunately I'm stuck right now:

- I was in the valley of mines and returned with the letter for Lord Hagen
    - I went to Xardas, told him everything and went into the city
    - Lord Hagen is gone now. Behind the table in the usual place is only Ingmar

Did you put in another place in chapter 3?

Greetings!
    I'm glad you're enjoying it. Yes he should've moved in the castle near the harbour, up in in the little mountain

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91 Zitieren
    Neuling

Blubberzwerg ist offline
    Perfect, and again such a quick answer.

I love this community

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92 Zitieren
    Apprentice

TheChrone ist offline
    Yea, it is really great here. Not many communities like that

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    Could we get a quickfix patch with the 1.1.4 changelogs out before you start any bigger project on the mod? I'd really like to have those fixes before I start next playthrough as an archer It seems no more bugs have been reported for quiet awhile now

Maybe you could look to release the next big version that includes Free Aim and/or new quests etc as 1.2 or something. But as we all know that release might take some time. So i'd really appreciate having a balanced fixed version of 1.1.4 out sooner than this, not having to wait months and months for the balance fix and adjusted arrow prices etc.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94 Zitieren
    Ranger

kingnero ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Masty Beitrag anzeigen
    I personally worked with the guy that made this post and he made most of changes i wrote in the pre-release changes

About the Innos thing it's strange, it should give a random attribute.. when i'm back home i'll check
    please dont lower the price at shrines to 100 gold... i get 10 STR before i join mages... im not saying getting 3k gold is easy at start but i got it with no lockpicking and pickpocketing... and i also spend 1k on fire mage in city and on alot of other stuff... if you lower it back to 100 then getting OP would be that more easy... at chapter 2 i spend another 3k on getting 20 mana...

at chapter 2 i already had 160 mana to get mana regen (spended only 20 LP to get 20 mana) and after that i dont really need more mana... im always playing battle mage in gothic 2 because have goblins to summon or ice block while basicly being warrior build is the best... so i dont really like this 2hp 3mana per level change but okey, just dont change money cost at shrines because it makes game to easy... you need to be broke most of the time, else you dont appreciate the value of money ingame.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Bennett ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sagrido Beitrag anzeigen
    Could we get a quickfix patch with the 1.1.4 changelogs out before you start any bigger project on the mod? I'd really like to have those fixes before I start next playthrough as an archer It seems no more bugs have been reported for quiet awhile now
    this please!

16. Beiträge anzeigen #96 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Arszi ist offline
    Also, before you start the new, big modifications, could you please try to do something with the survival version? I remember you said you might do something with it later, but it would be a lot of effort. Can we hope in any kind of implementation regarding this?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97 Zitieren
    Ranger

kingnero ist offline
    dragon healing is so low... now every bafoon can kill them with low damage... if you want easy game then just put graphic version on...

this dragon fights are nothing special... only thing they had was beast healing so you needed very good damage to kill them... without that they are so bad

this mod is getting easier and easier...

18. Beiträge anzeigen #98 Zitieren
    Kämpfer

easecon ist offline
    in which version where they strong?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99 Zitieren
    Kämpfer

easecon ist offline
    Btw. ist der Magier nicht sehr schwach geworden?

Vorsicht evtl. Spoiler?:

Ich meine um Mana Regeneration zu bekommen muss man bereits 160 Mana haben,
    alle Zauber kosten mehr Mana und einige Beschwörungen laufen sogar weg (wolf von Demon) und Orks können scheinbar Wölfe und Goblins einfach anschreien damit diese sofort sterben?? 6 Wölfe oder Goblins (oder so) sterben so gegen einen einfachen Ork.

Dazu kommt, dass normale Angriffszauber bei Ausführung aus nächster Nähe nicht wirken, also 0 Schaden anrichten aber Mana absaugen, was glaube ich schon immer so war aber ich meine manche Mods hätten das in den Griff bekommen?? Weiß nicht genau.

Und normale Klassen können einfach mit Spruchrollen für nur 10 Mana Feuerregen casten? Glaube das kostet einen Magier 150 Mana. Ist das alles nicht etwas krass? ^^

Hat jemand schon als Magier gespielt? :P muss ja (ich habe es selber nur kurz mit marvin getestet)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100 Zitieren
    Ranger

kingnero ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von easecon Beitrag anzeigen
    in which version where they strong?
    in 1.1.1 everyone still had the healing... but in no version they were actually strong... they are just clumsy creatures, they need to get better animation, new attacks, there are just way to many cheeze actions to kill dragons

Seite 5 von 59 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »