Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 5 von 5 « Erste 12345
Ergebnis 81 bis 87 von 87
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von chessdragon136

chessdragon136 ist offline
    Ok I've implemented the changes and they compile - But I don't have an environment to test these easily at the moment due to the joys of PC failures.

If anyone wants to be kind enough to test for me. I don't know if any text outputs from Vatras / Daron rewards will clash on screen.. The DIA files are below.

https://mega.nz/#!uuB3QQIB!jbkTfJ7uZ...CKjbeQmoaPKQnw

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von chessdragon136 Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok I've implemented the changes and they compile - But I don't have an environment to test these easily at the moment due to the joys of PC failures.

If anyone wants to be kind enough to test for me. I don't know if any text outputs from Vatras / Daron rewards will clash on screen.. The DIA files are below.

https://mega.nz/#!uuB3QQIB!jbkTfJ7uZ...CKjbeQmoaPKQnw
    I tested the scripts, they were almost ok, I made just a few changes

Vatras
    - You forgot to multiply the hp/mana bonus by the number of tablets given, I fixed that
    - The reward text was very long, I changed it so it uses PRINT_Learnhitpoints_MAX and PRINT_LearnMANA_MAX so it prints "Hitpoints +2 Mana +1"

Daron:
    - I moved the text down a bit for HP boosts (using YPOS_LevelUp), it was very close to the gold given notification.

Here's the zip
    https://mega.nz/#!1RFVGaKD!TsYr4MxFx...4oF0GqPru3YUvU

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von chessdragon136

chessdragon136 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Emad Beitrag anzeigen
    I tested the scripts, they were almost ok, I made just a few changes

Vatras
    - You forgot to multiply the hp/mana bonus by the number of tablets given, I fixed that
    - The reward text was very long, I changed it so it uses PRINT_Learnhitpoints_MAX and PRINT_LearnMANA_MAX so it prints "Hitpoints +2 Mana +1"

Daron:
    - I moved the text down a bit for HP boosts (using YPOS_LevelUp), it was very close to the gold given notification.

Here's the zip
    https://mega.nz/#!1RFVGaKD!TsYr4MxFx...4oF0GqPru3YUvU
    I realised I had forgotten to do that when I woke up this morning - An example of mistakes in late night coding!
    Thanks for the fixes.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84 Zitieren
    Apprentice

RandalMcdaniel ist offline
    Any eta on when L'hivers official download version comes to 1.1.4?

P.S. I finally realized that the "Replacement" textures folder in GD3D11 folder is a colossal performance slog. Delete it and block gothic2.exe from acessing the internet so it can't re-download new ones. It's apparently just bumpmaps to improve the current textures
    Geändert von RandalMcdaniel (13.08.2018 um 23:57 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85 Zitieren
    Rookie

Bennett ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RandalMcdaniel Beitrag anzeigen
    P.S. I finally realized that the "Replacement" textures folder in GD3D11 folder is a colossal performance slog. Delete it
    only GPU performance, right? my old FX CPU doesn't do that well in this game but GPU is fine for me. any way to improve performance on CPU side of things?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86 Zitieren
    Just arrived

Waco ist offline
    Hi,
    here are my 2 cents regarding this great mod. Almost all the changes are awesome so a big thank you is in place. The game is much more balanced in my opinion, which makes it different from the original, but ultimately better.

Now, probably the only think I really dislike are the damn orc leaps. What was always great about Gothic is that it was difficult but never unfair. This definitely is unfair and that is my problem with it. In chapter 2, if you decide to go with Diego (who wouldn't?) you must go through several orc groups even though you are low level with bad equip so what sense does it make to make it even harder for you? Can you please tell me some arguments for including this feature? I vaguely remember reading in some changelog that this was implemented so that you could not kill orcs while being weak and with low level. Except what I have just mentioned (that you are required to), why couldn't you? If you are skilled enough in the game, then you can kill whoever you want on level 1. This was always true for Gothic (again, you are supposed to kill a dragon snapper in chapter 1) so why change it?

Enough about that I was Harad's apprentice and there were some minor issues with forging. For one, Sword of Truth (and also the next 2 swords, I think) say they require some steel and 1 textile while it is supposed to be 1 leather. This bug is only in the forging menu, not in the diary, but still should be fixed. Also, when upgrading the last swords, I believe it costs 1 steel bar and 1 ore bar. However, I could not see this in the forging menu (too long) and neither in the diary, so I had to guess. Maybe I have something wrong (there are several texts like this that simply did not fit in that line, is there a fix for that?) but would still be nice to have this information in the diary. Lastly, the dragon hunter almanac one-handed drangonslayer sword cost 5 dragon blood, not 4 as written in the almanac.

Still regarding forging, the last one-handed sword was the 3 times improved bastard sword having 130 dmg, 110 range, and 1 bonus sword skill, nice. Then I forged the mighty dragon slayer only to get the same damage and 100 range Yes, it had 10 bonus sword skill and pierced dragon defense but I still expected more. Am I the only one who felt that way? I am not sure how to balance it, maybe even remove the last sword improvement, but it just seemed like almost no upgrade. No big issue though, just my opinion.

Now for some bugs (present also in the original game, I think). In the Halls of Irdorath, the Keymaster was named Klucznik (in Polish). Then, I had no dialogue options for Gorn when sitting next to Gestath under the Stone dragon. I am not sure when this happens but it was the first dragon I went to kill. Lastly, I have joined Ring of Water before going with Lares anywhere and so he no longer wanted to. This is fine, I guess, but then I asked him to go with me to the stone circle in the forest, to which he replied normally (that he will go) but I still did not have that option. Should be fixed somehow, I think.

That is all and thank you, again, for working on this further keeping Gothic 2 alive!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87 Zitieren
    Apprentice

RandalMcdaniel ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bennett Beitrag anzeigen
    only GPU performance, right? my old FX CPU doesn't do that well in this game but GPU is fine for me. any way to improve performance on CPU side of things?
    what? if a game uses less vram the engine is lighter and the game will just run better in general

Seite 5 von 5 « Erste 12345