Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 4 von 59 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 1179
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von SuperQuail

SuperQuail ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RandalMcdaniel Beitrag anzeigen
    The problem im having is.. I don't really remember what vanilla gameplay was like. So when i keep getting owned i dont really know if i should be mad at a base game mechanic or at L'Hivers mod lol.
    For combat, you need to learn the creature's attack pattern and dodge accordingly and attack with the intention of interrupting their attack animation.
    Back-stepping is your main defensive move as it can avoid almost all melee attacks (except for things like Shadowbeasts, Trolls and the Orc's forward charge).
    L'hiver has been made even harder with certain enemies such as wolves which get 'knocked back'. If this happens, wait for it to get up instead of attacking it on the ground as it will get up instantly if you cause damage.

For multi-fights your best bet is always to run away and create some distance. Certain creatures prefer feeding on corpses to fighting you which you can use to your advantage.
    If you have to fight more than one enemy though I advise you to 'lock on' to one of them and deal as much damage as you can while avoiding as much damage as possible, maybe even running away once you kill one.

If you don't know how to 'lock on', check your key bindings - while you're there also check out the hotkeys for using 'quick potions' if you haven't already.

I don't know if this helps at all but it's all I can think of right now.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62 Zitieren
    Apprentice

RandalMcdaniel ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SuperQuail Beitrag anzeigen
    For combat, you need to learn the creature's attack pattern and dodge accordingly and attack with the intention of interrupting their attack animation.
    Back-stepping is your main defensive move as it can avoid almost all melee attacks (except for things like Shadowbeasts, Trolls and the Orc's forward charge).
    L'hiver has been made even harder with certain enemies such as wolves which get 'knocked back'. If this happens, wait for it to get up instead of attacking it on the ground as it will get up instantly if you cause damage.

For multi-fights your best bet is always to run away and create some distance. Certain creatures prefer feeding on corpses to fighting you which you can use to your advantage.
    If you have to fight more than one enemy though I advise you to 'lock on' to one of them and deal as much damage as you can while avoiding as much damage as possible, maybe even running away once you kill one.

If you don't know how to 'lock on', check your key bindings - while you're there also check out the hotkeys for using 'quick potions' if you haven't already.

I don't know if this helps at all but it's all I can think of right now.
    i actually knew all of this and im still getting wrecked lol

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zitat Zitat von Emad Beitrag anzeigen
    Enemies don't respawn, new ones appear but the old ones remain so you never risk of wasting exp in the way you are thinking of.
    omg u just fixed my life ty

Hey i bugged the "Rod's sword" quest by beating him up and taking his sword (then giving it back) before i did the activity to hold his sword with 30Strength (funniest quest, it's like you are the special kid in class)

Now it says in my quest log "Rod's sword" but i am unable to get any dialogue options out of him.
    Can i somehow kill him then respawn him and see if he has new dialogue options?

Oh and one last thing. Can you confirm this? It's from "gothic ii notr building guide"

For giving all the old stone tables we can find to Vatras we can get a total of 28 mana
    DISCLAIMER: You should give all the stone tables at once because if you give them one by one Vatras won't give you any bonuses

This seems silly to me if true, i've already handed in a bunch individually and got health elixers
    Geändert von RandalMcdaniel (08.08.2018 um 07:00 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64 Zitieren

SuperQuail ist offline

Talking

Zitat Zitat von RandalMcdaniel Beitrag anzeigen
    omg u just fixed my life ty

Hey i bugged the "Rod's sword" quest by beating him up and taking his sword (then giving it back) before i did the activity to hold his sword with 30Strength (funniest quest, it's like you are the special kid in class)

Now it says in my quest log "Rod's sword" but i am unable to get any dialogue options out of him.
    Can i somehow kill him then respawn him and see if he has new dialogue options?

Oh and one last thing. Can you confirm this? It's from "gothic ii notr building guide"

For giving all the old stone tables we can find to Vatras we can get a total of 28 mana
    DISCLAIMER: You should give all the stone tables at once because if you give them one by one Vatras won't give you any bonuses

This seems silly to me if true, i've already handed in a bunch individually and got health elixers
    If you're TRYING to break Gothic 2, you WILL break Gothic 2. [Bild: icon_02.gif] No fix for that.

With the stone tablets I believe it's still the same and yes, it's a bit annoying. You have to hold on to all of them if you want the Mana bonus, otherwise you just get potions.
    I'm not sure how else it could be done really unless it is changed so that each tablet gives +1 Mana regardless.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von chessdragon136

chessdragon136 ist offline
    The Stone Tablet mechanic is a bit strange now that you mention it..

I may look into that with Masty once he has some free time again. My initial suggestion is to change it so each tablet just give +3 health regardless of how many are turned in. Mana is only helpful in certain builds and the extra health will help out with players at the start..

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66 Zitieren

SuperQuail ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von chessdragon136 Beitrag anzeigen

I may look into that with Masty once he has some free time again. My initial suggestion is to change it so each tablet just give +3 health regardless of how many are turned in. Mana is only helpful in certain builds and the extra health will help out with players at the start..
    Just a suggestion - what if the tablets offer a variety of Stats and give the player the choice?
    You could use Vatras' voice line of "Choose your own reward." and then bring up a dialogue menu offering HP, Mana, Str or Dex?

If that is not possible then maybe extra HP would be the best way to go (providing that potions recover % HP in the end).

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67 Zitieren

Just a suggestion - what if the tablets offer a variety of Stats and give the player the choice?
    You could use Vatras' voice line of "Choose your own reward." and then bring up a dialogue menu offering HP, Mana, Str or Dex?

If that is not possible then maybe extra HP would be the best way to go (providing that potions recover % HP in the end).

It is possible - I just don't know about the balance of it. An extra 25 mana in the long term isn't much compared to an extra 25 str or dex. With this idea i think you'll be able to get +50 easily in any stat without training it (ignoring self made potions) +3 health each is essentially a 2,500 gold saving off the innos shrine overall (once it is reverted back to 100g instead of 300g)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline

Another solution would be to define a fixed table of rewards, in the script we know how many tablets we have given and how many we are giving so it should be rather easy. I would also avoid giving stat boosts for the last 3 tablets so it doesn't penalize the player for giving them to Erol.

Only problem I can think of giving health is that there is no voiceover for it.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69 Zitieren

What do you mean by a fixed table of rewards?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70 Zitieren
    Apprentice

fixed "tablet" of rewards. It's the stone tablets you turn into vatras. If you google the "Gothic ii notr building guide" the author actually misspells them "tables"

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    I mean something like this (just a quick made-up example)

[Bild: DQblXLH.png]

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72 Zitieren

SuperQuail ist offline
    Only problem I can think of giving health is that there is no voiceover for it.
    You can use "Adanos, bless this body!" etc
    The problem with creating a table like that as it's not really a better solution to the current one, merely different.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    The problem with creating a table like that as it's not really a better solution to the current one, merely different.
    It's different.
    In the current solution if you give each tablet one at a time you only get potions.
    With a fixed table you get all the rewards in the order defined by the table. The left column is not how many tablets you give at once but the reward for the n-th tablet.

"Bless this body" would be perfect for hp boosts and would give us more freedom for the rewards.
    A simplier solution that would benefit both mages and melee characters could be something like +2HP/+1Mana for each tablet.
    Geändert von Emad (09.08.2018 um 22:32 Uhr) Grund: typos and ideas

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74 Zitieren

I mean something like this (just a quick made-up example)
    Ahh ok I understand now. Thanks.

It is a slight improvement in that you don't have to have all tablets to get the same reward.. But having a table like that makes the UI difficult. If i handed in 10 tablets in one go, we would have to list on screen each of those individual items... I think that's partly why they did it the way they did!

Again, the option to choose stat seems too unbalancing, unless it is limited so that 10 tablets can go either towards strength or dexterity, then have to choose mana or health for the rest which re unlimited.. Sadly cannot think of any voice Vatras says anything like what we need in regards to "adanos cannot provide any more" once the +1- limit is done..

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    It is a slight improvement in that you don't have to have all tablets to get the same reward.. But having a table like that makes the UI difficult. If i handed in 10 tablets in one go, we would have to list on screen each of those individual items... I think that's partly why they did it the way they did!
    That may be a problem, yes.

Again, the option to choose stat seems too unbalancing, unless it is limited so that 10 tablets can go either towards strength or dexterity, then have to choose mana or health for the rest which re unlimited.. Sadly cannot think of any voice Vatras says anything like what we need in regards to "adanos cannot provide any more" once the +1- limit is done..
    I also think that stats would be too much, hp or hp+mana should be enough and would make collecting the tablets worth of the time for any type of character.
    Potions and scrolls as a reward were kind of lame anyway (especially the scrolls).

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76 Zitieren

SuperQuail ist offline
    A simplier solution that would benefit both mages and melee characters could be something like +2HP/+1Mana for each tablet.
    I think that's the most elegant solution suggested so far. I don't think anyone would be angry for receiving that bonus.

On a similar topic, can donating money to Daron the fire mage be changed so that he gives the same rewards for all donation sizes.
    What I mean is, currently you can get more bonuses out of him by donating 50g at a time, it would be a lot more convenient if we could just donate in 200g segments and get the same reward as 4 x 50g donations.
    I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the quick responses by the way.[Bild: icon_11.gif]

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77 Zitieren

I think that's the most elegant solution suggested so far. I don't think anyone would be angry for receiving that bonus.

On a similar topic, can donating money to Daron the fire mage be changed so that he gives the same rewards for all donation sizes.
    What I mean is, currently you can get more bonuses out of him by donating 50g at a time, it would be a lot more convenient if we could just donate in 200g segments and get the same reward as 4 x 50g donations.
    I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the quick responses by the way.[Bild: icon_11.gif]
    It is possible but the way the function is currently written does not lend itself to be easily changed to work like that. Saying that, it is only 30 minutes work to do it. Wrong - Actually it is a lot more complex if you start giving various amounts (start 50, then 200 next) to make all combinations give the same end reward! Will need a thinking cap on.
    Geändert von chessdragon136 (10.08.2018 um 17:29 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    It is possible but the way the function is currently written does not lend itself to be easily changed to work like that. Saying that, it is only 30 minutes work to do it. Wrong - Actually it is a lot more complex if you start giving various amounts (start 50, then 200 next) to make all combinations give the same end reward! Will need a thinking cap on.
    The easiest solution would be to not show 100g and 200g donation options. A bit annoying to donate 50g 20 times but at least players don't risk to lose rewards if they don't know about it.

Or it could be heavily changed, an idea could be to list 50g, 100g, 150g, 200g, 500g or more donation options, each one can be selected only once. The most expensive one would give all the hp boosts, the second most expensive the LP point and so on.
    Or they could appear in sequence (something like 50,50,100,100,150,150,200,200), so you have to donate all 1000g to get all the hitpoints.
    Geändert von Emad (10.08.2018 um 18:37 Uhr) Grund: New ideas

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79 Zitieren

SuperQuail ist offline
    The easiest solution would be to not show 100g and 200g donation options.
    Hey, if a simple solution works, it works!
    That's my only real problem with it is that you can accidentally donate too much and lose out.

At this point I don't want to muddy the water of progress you are making. I just want to help point out the tiny flaws that remain.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80 Zitieren

Or they could appear in sequence (something like 50,50,100,100,150,150,200,200), so you have to donate all 1000g to get all the hitpoints.
    That is a nice idea - Less repetitiveness without penalising the early stages due to lack of money!

At this point I don't want to muddy the water of progress you are making. I just want to help point out the tiny flaws that remain.
    I'm essentially on hold now - Masty is busy with life.. I may implement the scripts for Vatras Tablets to be +2HP +1 Mana and Emad's above for Daron just to have it ready.

Seite 4 von 59 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »