Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 3 von 59 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 1179
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41 Zitieren
    Lehrling

graffikbv ist offline
    Hello, best mod ever and thanks for updates !.
    I have a little problem, when i launch g2 I absolutely need to launch it as windows xp or windows 8 compatibility otherwise i get instaerror with access violation ( unable to read or smth like that ) when loading a savegame . Strange is the fact that some time ago when I tested older versions etc it worked with windows 10 launch. It works well if I set the compatibility tab but it frustrates me a bit because when i make a SAVE, it does save but it is a black picture on the savegame when i try to load, if u get what i'm saying. And I need to write the location where I was on that particular savegame in order for me to know wtf I am loading XD. So... Anyone have the same problem ? Can be from latest win10 update.. dunno ... Also I am using latest D3D clockworkorigin 17.6 downloaded via Spine. If i disable D3D completely, i can run it on win10 compatibility without crashing on savegame, strange....

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von graffikbv Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello, best mod ever and thanks for updates !.
    I have a little problem, when i launch g2 I absolutely need to launch it as windows xp or windows 8 compatibility otherwise i get instaerror with access violation ( unable to read or smth like that ) when loading a savegame . Strange is the fact that some time ago when I tested older versions etc it worked with windows 10 launch. It works well if I set the compatibility tab but it frustrates me a bit because when i make a SAVE, it does save but it is a black picture on the savegame when i try to load, if u get what i'm saying. And I need to write the location where I was on that particular savegame in order for me to know wtf I am loading XD. So... Anyone have the same problem ? Can be from latest win10 update.. dunno ... Also I am using latest D3D clockworkorigin 17.6 downloaded via Spine. If i disable D3D completely, i can run it on win10 compatibility without crashing on savegame, strange....
    The only difference i see is the D3D11 version, that's probably what is causing this error.
    Thank you for your support, let me know any other problem/bug/mistranslation you find and also any type of feedback is welcome.
    Good gaming

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43 Zitieren
    Apprentice

RandalMcdaniel ist offline

Need demonstration

Would L'Hiver or anyone involved in making this mod please make a video demonstration on how we are supposed to fight multiple enemies at once?

No matter what your armor is, if 2 goblins come at you at once. you might as well Press F9 and retry before they even reach you.

So im kind of at a crossroad wondering what is more ridiculous, being able to tank every enemy in gothic2 vanilla, or having to run away from enemies until they get stuck on something so you can kill them in L'hivers.

Clearly gothic2 combat is not made for fighting multiple enemies at once. In fact i can't even turn fast enough to strike enemies circling around me when locked on with a sword. Ironically however bow does not miss if they are circling around me.

It's just weird how mobs are all arranged into groups yet the game is clearly only designed for 1 on 1 combat

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RandalMcdaniel Beitrag anzeigen
    Would L'Hiver or anyone involved in making this mod please make a video demonstration on how we are supposed to fight multiple enemies at once?

No matter what your armor is, if 2 goblins come at you at once. you might as well Press F9 and retry before they even reach you.

So im kind of at a crossroad wondering what is more ridiculous, being able to tank every enemy in gothic2 vanilla, or having to run away from enemies until they get stuck on something so you can kill them in L'hivers.

Clearly gothic2 combat is not made for fighting multiple enemies at once. In fact i can't even turn fast enough to strike enemies circling around me when locked on with a sword. Ironically however bow does not miss if they are circling around me.

It's just weird how mobs are all arranged into groups yet the game is clearly only designed for 1 on 1 combat
    Most of the combat mechanic in gothic is finding a way to cheat and kill group of enemies in the easiest way possible.
    In L'Hiver it's the same, just harder.
    Think how you could handle more enemies in your situation, there is always a way to do that, always.
    Use bows, crossbows, spells, summons.. a lot of ways. Just find what fits best for you

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zitat Zitat von Masty Beitrag anzeigen
    The only difference i see is the D3D11 version, that's probably what is causing this error.
    Thank you for your support, let me know any other problem/bug/mistranslation you find and also any type of feedback is welcome.
    Good gaming
    17.6 clockwork version is made for gothic1 im surprised you even got it to install. Uncheck gothic1 in spine

EDIT: Wait.. Maybe im wrong. The clockwork edition no longer showed when i checked off "Show gothic 2 mods only" so that is why i thought it was only for gothic1

So i did some more searching and found this https://github.com/BonneCW/GD3D11/releases/tag/17.6.7 which does include a Gothic2PreviewRelease. I am now using this version and it might be all in my head but i think it looks and runs a little better. I feel like they really should make the GD3D11 default brightness slider to be set to 1.5. (i know what you are thinking usually brightness sliders just wash out the image when set too high. But in this case it seems to be tied to the actual Vibrance/lighting of the core game. Really reccomend trying brightness 1.5

Is there any way you can release a hotfix to make arrows cost 1 gold and bolts cost 2 gold like.. today? I will never give a merchant 15 gold for a single bolt. Not going to happen.

Also. Please remove speed potion for 5LP option from the game. I have so much regret spending 5LP on this because in 14 gameplay hours i have only collected 4 snapperweed. I have found more king sorrel than snapperweed. So i really wasted 5 learning points on four potions that only give 40 seconds of slightly faster running.

The time it takes to travel around the game world in chapter 1 is rough. I had to really go against my OCD of cheating in games and just spawned myself in 20 speed potions. Which is how many i planned on making when purchasing the 5LP speed potion skill. I assumed snapperweed would be a really common plant as it only gives a small 15 second sprint boost.

Why not use diggers meat or fire nette for speed potion? I have hundreds of them and no use for them

Or even better. Remove speed potions from game completely and add a sprint button. Now that would be the ultimate gothic ii mod.

Oh and one more question, what the frig is the playerkit? I never install it and all mods work fine still. It doesn't change anything at all. All thats needed is systempack
    Geändert von RandalMcdaniel (04.08.2018 um 00:03 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    I tried the mod for a couple of hours and wanted to give the author my thanks for working on the English version of this mod, there are so few mods in this language out there.
    I'm going to eagerly wait for version 1.1.4. with the LP/Exp balancing changes to start a proper playthrough.
    Cheers!
    Geändert von Emad (03.08.2018 um 23:21 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47 Zitieren
    Lehrling

graffikbv ist offline

finally

Good gaming
    After 5 years of testing I finally found the problem, After using Ordenator on my textures something happened in my normalmapps folder and fucked up really bad that i got crashes a lot, however Ordenator was not at fault, don't know what happened, I just deleted everthing on the d3d folder, downloaded again the latest D3D clockwork 17.6.7 and original normalmaps + l'hiver , and in runs FLAWLESS, no crashes nothing. I think i had some old normalmaps from VURT graphic overhaul in that folder that g2 did not like it when loading.

I can confirm thatthe latest D3D + this mod +the fixes work as intended, and i got best FPS with the latest one. Also using a radeon 290 as a card witch i had big problems with tesselation and SMAA in older versions, but in this version I can Max everything , works even with tesselationedges set at 2 in the advanced menu.(set as 1 i get 30 fps , as 2 i get 60 + ) .

Edit: Ordenator is fucking awesome, the stuttering is GONE, before using it i had to move my charanter in circles with heavy stuttering before the game loads the textures and still was horrible in khorinis lets say.

Now i'm waiting for the arrow fix and some balance changes and free aim since I wanna play with bows .
    Many thanks !

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    As you can see in the Pre-release changelog section, there are quite a few changes already, but i would like to do some more before the new release.
    One of them obviously will be Gothic Free Aim, but there is a lot more that needs to be changed, for example the new potion from Constantino is kinda bad in my opinion and i would like to change that. Unfortunately, i'm really busy right now and i can't do those changes.. I will probably be busy till the first week of September, and i won't be able to work on L'Hiver till then, so if you think you can wait mid-September to play,just wait, otherwise you should go for a run right now.
    Sorry about this but working on a mod alone takes a lot of time

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    As you can see in the Pre-release changelog section, there are quite a few changes already, but i would like to do some more before the new release.
    One of them obviously will be Gothic Free Aim, but there is a lot more that needs to be changed, for example the new potion from Constantino is kinda bad in my opinion and i would like to change that. Unfortunately, i'm really busy right now and i can't do those changes.. I will probably be busy till the first week of September, and i won't be able to work on L'Hiver till then, so if you think you can wait mid-September to play,just wait, otherwise you should go for a run right now.
    I just looked at free aim and it looks amazing, I think it will be worth the wait, take you time!
    Thanks again for the effort spent developing this mod!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50 Zitieren
    Lehrling

graffikbv ist offline
    No problem, I installed the Free Aim via the Ninja_GFA.vdf from spine and it works with this mod. Only problem is that it crashes on a savegame if you let's say set free aim OFF in g2 settings and you load a savegame when u used GFA with a spell in your hand and viceversa, it tries to activate the free aim and it crashes. But that's not a big deal if you set freeaim ON and you never turn it off.

So.. anyone who wants freeaim can download that and put it in the data folder as the mod. It works.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zitat Zitat von chessdragon136 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Masty

I've had a chance to do a playthrough through the first three chapters which is enough to get a feel of things. I'll break down my thoughts into bug / improvements and balancingm although some of the improvements link to balancing as well.

Overall I think the balance is a bit off. Especially if you take advantage of the new things LHiver adds. So without further adue:

BUGS & IMPROVEMENTS

• Learning pickpocketing from Cassia (of whatever her name is) states 10LP required in the text but actually only costs 5LP
    • Huno does not allow you to buy the heavy armour if you have already bought all the others. This is due to it being missing in the conditional dialogue statement Line 229.
    • Some keys do not disappear after use - I do not believe that unlocked doors / chests revert to a locked state but not sure. Keys include: Judges Key, Multiple Monastery keys, Bandits on Bridge, Bromars door key.
    • Book "Fighting Skill" gives LP - Needs a name change
    • Woodcutting requires 3,3,3 LP but Mining is 5,5,5 -> Think this should be changed to 3,3,4 for both.
    • Leather and Hunters armours are weird. The Leather armour needs hunted materials to upgrade but the hunters armour doesnt.. For armourer in general I think some time needs to be spent thinking about what items are needed for upgrading things, maybe even unique items to slow progress.
    • Billeting needs a script change so you don't have to do one at a time! - I have the script available.
    • Remove Guild None requirement from Orlan to buy Hunters armour - Given it is now upgradeable it shouldn't be locked out soo early in game.
    • Remove Pre CH4 requirement from Matteo to buy Leather armour - Same as above
    • The cost of arrows is too much at 10G - Will discuss in balancing but needs to be 2G and 5G for bolts.
    • The teleport location for the monastery is rubbish - Especially if you are a mage and go often to your room.
      Suggest a new rune, if mage get rune to teleport to your room, else get current rune.
    • Enchanting 1H & 2H texts are wrong in regards to how much they boost. Possibly others as well, needs a thorough check
    • Master is greater than Expert (for Miner & Woodcutter Skills)
    • Enhancer potion seems useless and buggy. Discussed in Balance.
    • Bennet dialogue shows some options regarding the Eye of Innos too early.
    • Had similar dialogue issues at Onars Farm during CH1, but not sure if it was something weird I had done. I'll investigate these myself.
    • Ring of Beginner XXXX sounds weird as a translation. Not sure what to put in its place mind. Again I may need to think on this.
    • The treasure map (of Hanna's quest CH3 Something Lost?) was not re-made to include the new areas of LHiver.

BALANCE

Levelling:
    • 15LP for the first 10 levels is too much. I had 120 Dex (with ring and sword bonus) before I had joined a guild, along with theif skills and bow making to nearly top tier. It made for a very easy playthrough. I think that instead of having 15LP for the first 10 levels, that the EXP cap should be reduced for the first 15 levels, then normalise to the current differences until 25, then get more difficult after that.
    • Given the issues many have at the start, I would suggest returning the Innos shrine cost to max at 100 Gold. Most people who know this do this early on anyway to help out, and at 300 gold it is too much to max out easily, especially without a dexterity pickpocket build.
    • The world also needs to be repopulated more during the later levels (Especially CH5) to enable advanced levelling. This idea links in with something further on (Enchanting & Armourer)
    • Perhaps increse the initial starting health.

Play Style:
    • My main gripe here is the cost of arrows. Being 10 Gold each, it effectively stops anyone playing a ranged build early on, and with magic not available until joining a guild, means that you have to use a sword. This needs to change to be 2 Gold arrow and 5 Gold bolt. IF you want to limit hunting, then perhaps remove the auto restocking vendors for arrows for the first levels but give them a fair amount (Not sure if this is a good idea mind)
    • Armours need a re-balance in that many of the ones you craft are never really worn due to them having no purpose. Whether any bonus effect can be added I don't know, or whether the values need to be rtweaked so that the Hunters armour has 10 blade protection, and 0 magic.. Essentially make armours more extreme to a given purpose.

Skills:
    • Alchemy potions need to provide percentage gains and not fixed ones. Currently a hunter with gut animals is much more useful than any alchemy potion beyond the first chapter. Instead, potions should perhaps give 10%, 20% and 40% of health back. I would then remove the Enhancer potions (I feel these are useless, who drinks in a battle anyway) and make the Pure Life potions a benefit of Constantino's apprentice.
    • Alchemy: Permanent potions currently do not require any previous knowledge of alchemy. Personally I don't think permanent potions should be available to make until CH3 or so. Currently with the current 15LP per level, I had perm dex potions before being in a guild.
    • Enchanting is severely overpowering. To be able to create +50 STR/DEX gear as a mage is just insane, let alone +300 health, large protection values and weapon skill bonuses. Whilst I understand that mages do need a secondary skill more than other builds given how weak magic alone is, I think this is too much. Which leads me on to:
    • Extending Enchanting and Armourer to span up to CH5. Having the best armours at CH3 is too early. And you can be a Master Wizard by Circle 2 (Start of CH2)! Ideally, I would like to see balance changes that makes CH5 the point people re-visit all the areas of the map to clear them out, instead of doing so when they first visit, and why CH5 needs some attention regarding map repopulation. I am not suggesting extending the armours / value changes but just slowing down the speed players get to them. Make Apprentice / Wizard available in CH3 / Circle 3 and Master / Master Wizard in CH5 / Circle 5.
    • Enchanting: Remove the special rings. They are useless. 1HP / 1MP at the point in the game you get them is irrelevant. Eating cooked meat at the 20% restore health / potion changes above make these redundant. I had them in my last playthrough and they just didnt add value compared to +75 health or whatever else.

Misc:
    • More Black Trolls needed - Currently you need 2 for quests / armour.

I'm sure there is a few more things but I'm tired, and this has taken more time to type than it will to actually implement most of it! Hope it helps.
    This post is MONUMENTAL! Do literally everything stated in this post without question

But add "skin meatbugs" for 1LP so we can skin meatbugs and create a meatbug armor

oh and can you remove that thing that makes innos only give you mana if your a novice? Just cuz im a novice doesn't mean i don't want free str/dex points from innos
    Geändert von RandalMcdaniel (04.08.2018 um 04:56 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    This post is MONUMENTAL! Do literally everything stated in this post without question

But add "skin meatbugs" for 1LP so we can skin meatbugs and create a meatbug armor

oh and can you remove that thing that makes innos only give you mana if your a novice? Just cuz im a novice doesn't mean i don't want free str/dex points from innos
    I personally worked with the guy that made this post and he made most of changes i wrote in the pre-release changes

About the Innos thing it's strange, it should give a random attribute.. when i'm back home i'll check

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53 Zitieren
    Apprentice

I personally worked with the guy that made this post and he made most of changes i wrote in the pre-release changes

About the Innos thing it's strange, it should give a random attribute.. when i'm back home i'll check
    Oh ok, that is awesome.. Except i disagree strongly with his suggestion of only getting 10 skillpoints per level in the beginning. Right now i am 14 hours into the game (level 14) and all i can equip is a bandits rapier (60 damage) and a 500 gold wooden shield that has a 35% chance to block. I have probably reloaded saves over 600 times by now due to dying. Dont you dare make it any harder. (Note: I got my str+dex both up to the maximum before they started costing 2LP.. I want to go as long as i can before spending 2LP for 1STR or DEX. I've even made like 8 perma-potions and im still just scraping by.. It almost seems like a joke that all these weapons say "Not enough strength points.. 70 needed" lol.

As a firemage i think its weird that you need to spend LP to learn a spell. If you have the rune, the spell in question, and the ability to create runes.. Why do we need to spend LP? Mages are already at a disadvantage because they need to accomodate a whole additional stat "mana"

As far as the innos shrine goes i will check again, but the last 3x in a row has been +1 mana. Which seems to be consistent with what happens in the vanilla game if you are a novice
    Edit: everytime i pay 300 gold at once i get +1 mana. But if i pay 200 then 100 instead i get +1 hitpoints. I've never gotten a point to strength or dex from innos the entire game

P.S. How do you get Textile in this game? I am able to get ore and wood just fine but i have no idea how to get textile besides just purchasing the few pieces i've found on merchants

P.S#2. Is it seriously true that firemage progression is tied to storyline progress? That has got to be the dumbest thing i have ever seen implemented into an RPG in my life. Hands down the dumbest thing i've ever seen. PB/Jowood really botched that one.

Really starting to look like its time for a new game. I wanted to become a firemage to learn spells and kill all the enemies in the game world in chapter1. I don't want to progress the storyline artificially just to get new spells. Damn i wish i knew this 2 weeks ago
    Geändert von RandalMcdaniel (04.08.2018 um 19:40 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    For those who may be interested, I edited this mod a bit to make it easier.
    More health per level up, more powerful healing to reduce downtime.
    No idea if this is going to be balanced in any way as I don't know how much you can level by endgame in this mod.
    I just did it for fun but maybe there are some ideas that could be implemented in the main mod?

@Masty
    What do you think of creating a github repository with the scripts of this mod and opening a Trello board with the pending tasks so people can fork the project, work on one and then do a pull request that you can review before merging it into the main repo?

v.1.1.3ALT.vdf

1.1.4 changes included
    • LP Per level back to 10 for all - Base EXP back to 500.
    • Miner & Woodcutter talent costs changed to 3,3,4.
    • Fixed Cassia Speech to show 5LP cost for pickpocket.
    • Fixed Pirate Bill Speech to show 5LP cost for pickpocket.

Balancing changes
    • 15HP for each level up instead of 5
    • Health/Mana potions either recover the fixed amount or 20%, 40%, 60% of maximum Health/Mana, whichever is higher
    • HP Regen/Acrobatics are unlocked at 90STR/DEX, MP Regen is still unlocked at 160 since Mana cost less to raise
    • HP Regen regenerates 0.5% HP/s (rounded down, min 1)
    • MP Regen regenerates 1.0% MP/s (rounded down, min 1)
    • Constantino enhanced potions perk heal 2% HP/s (min 5) and 4% MP/s (min 5)
    • One hour of sleep restores 25% Health/Mana instead of 10%
    • Magic circles can be learned by either advancing the story or reaching a certain level
      • Circle 2 : Level 10 or chapter 2
      • Circle 3 : Level 20 or chapter 3
      • Circle 4 : Level 40 or end of chapter 3
      • Circle 5 : Level 60 or chapter 5
      • Circle 6 : Level 100 or end of chapter 5
    • Arrows cost 3, bolts cost 5
    • Shrines: Removed guild restrictions so you can raise STR/DEX as a novice and Mana as a mercenary.
    • Shrines donations back to 0/10/50/100 gold.
      • 10g donation - +1HP
      • 50g donation - +2HP
      • 100g donation - +1STR/+1DEX/+1MP/+3HP (max 10STR/10DEX/20Mana)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zitat Zitat von Emad Beitrag anzeigen
    For those who may be interested, I edited this mod a bit to make it easier.
    More health per level up, more powerful healing to reduce downtime.
    No idea if this is going to be balanced in any way as I don't know how much you can level by endgame in this mod.
    I just did it for fun but maybe there are some ideas that could be implemented in the main mod?

@Masty
    What do you think of creating a github repository with the scripts of this mod and opening a Trello board with the pending tasks so people can fork the project, work on one and then do a pull request that you can review before merging it into the main repo?

v.1.1.3ALT.vdf
    I see the 1.1.4 changes made arrows cost 5g and bolts cost 10g.. I don't think you understand but arrows and bolts should be 1 gold. In fact they should be free because swinging a sword is free. Makes no sense. Still would cost 4000 gold to shoot 400 bolts. Madness. I can use 400 bolts in one small area! Do you know it takes (well me at least) 40 gameplay hours to get 4000 gold? What game in the history of rpgs have ever had arrows/bolts cost more than 1 gold? Being ranged shouldnt have any downsides! Is there a way we can pick up shot arrows or whatever?

i might have to download this. i've concluded that the difficulty of L'Hivers mod is simply mad. Every single enemy is faster and better at combat than the main character.

I've played every rpg for pc ever made and even the hardest ones would eventually start to make sense as you progressed. Enemies you thought you had no chance of killing before would later become killable. But with L'Hivers its just not happening. No matter how many times i level up. I am still 70 strength points away from equipping something that can kill these enemies. And it costs 2LP for +1 strength now.

I have 70 blade, 70 blunt protection, a necklace that gives +10 blade/blunt, a ring that gives another +5 blade/blunt. But it doesn't matter. If two enemies come running at you at the same time your only choice is to flee until one gets stuck. So dumb.

All i can equip is a bandits rapier (60 damage) a 70 damage bow, and a 35% block shield (the 35% chance to block doesn't seem to work for me at all, sometimes i hear a passive block sound) and yes i did the systempack enableshields=1 thing

I've come to the conclusion that l'hivers is not made for fun. it's made to get revenge on all the people who beat vanilla gothic2 so easily!

And it doesn't make any sense either.. Enemies can deal 10% damage to you every hit. Then one random hit they will remove 90% of your hp. Does that work like that in vanilla too? Seems so strange to me

A good mod would allow a skilled player to win fights without taking a single point of damage. But this.. This is a mess. enemies can swing 2-3 times in the window before you can even "parry" again or turn fast enough to face them again. You have to kite enemies around until they glitch on an object or fall. I think thats dumb.

The only way to play a ranged class in L'Hivers is if you plan on getting every enemy stuck/glitched into objects. You might as well add traps to the game so we can get them stuck that way instead of glitching them. And after using ranged, when the enemy gets close It takes like 5 friggen seconds for your hero to brandish his sword again. But human enemies can switch from their bow to sword in less than a quarter of a second?

I honestly wish i had the speed and combat skill of the NPC's. Now thats combat. I want to do to my enemy what they are capable of doing to me. It looks like their combat is well designed but our hero's is still far behind.

it's weird being the hero but you are literally the weakest human in the game world. Even farmers can kill enemies you cant lol. And the small goblins can swing their swords 5-6 times in one second. Have fun jumping backwards for a quarter mile lol

I was just fighting a big orc and it was a very long fight but i got his hp down to 10%. His hits would only do 10% of damage to me so i was pretty confident. Oh no nevermind Lhivers programming comes through once again and he one-shots me despite all his previous hits being weak as hell

Do yourselves a favor and play vanilla with L'Hivers world if you want to have a fun deep rpg. Im tired of reloading 500+ times and trying to get enemies stuck into objects any way possible. Gorgeous but just not fun to play
    Geändert von RandalMcdaniel (06.08.2018 um 01:33 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    Gorgeous but just not fun to play
    I get what you are saying. I played the Returning mod for hundreds of hours and while at the start I had lots of fun with it, around chapter 3-4 it started to get too heavy handed, everything was made to be unfair. Yes, you can glitch stuff, abuse broken mechanics, but it's not fun.
    I only have played L'Hiver for a few hours so far, the low hp gain and the high minimum damage seem like the main things that make fighting many enemies at the same time very hard for the average player.
    The gameworld is stunning and I like that there are no longer easy to acquire armors/weapons around from the get go. I would love to have a NOTR-like experience with a bigger world, without needing to save items to min-max stats and maybe a bit more of challenge (but not too much to make it excessively frustrating).

I've looked at enemies stats in the code and it seems like that npcs and high level monsters are roughly the same as in Notr, some have more hp, some have less armor, but not that much. It's low-mid level enemies that have larger health pools to compensate for the 25 min damage. I could compare stats of monsters and change them to be closer to vanilla notr and then set the minimum damage back to 5.
    Armors are already nerfed so that would make the game harder than notr already, but it would be doable for people who want to have fun.
    Are you guys aware of any L'Hiver mechanics that would make things imbalanced/too easy if I were to make an alternative version of the mod this way?
    What is the average level that can be reached by the end of each chapter?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57 Zitieren
    Apprentice

i hate it but i cant sto pplaying! MUST CONQUER THIS FRIGGEN MOD

yo emad what you did was friggen amazing. I feel like Lhiver will be offended tho lol

i used your patch for 5 minutes just to get the buffs from innos that i couldnt get because i chose novice. I hated being punished for not being psychic. So thanks for that. But i quickly went back to L'hivers 1.1.3 because i will not let it defeat me. (your patch works seamlessly btw. with perfect backwards/forwards compatibility too)
    Geändert von RandalMcdaniel (06.08.2018 um 04:51 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von SuperQuail

SuperQuail ist offline
    I've managed to finish several playthroughs using this mod, even the one where enemy health regens. I'm not going to lie and say it's easy BUT it's only really hard if you treat it like vanilla.
    The main change from vanilla's playstyle is that you NEED to take your time. Don't try and rush the game or the game will hit you back, hard.

If I pace myself I can normally get up to Lvl 11 before joining a guild quite easily.
    What I mean by this is, treat the game as if it's 'new': talk to everyone, check the merchants gear every chapter, explore the city, complete all non-combat quests.
    Not only will this net you a ton of experience that you WILL need, it will also introduce you to the many changes made by the mod.

Don't squander your money or your LP's before you've truly decided what to go for - save up your LP's until you are certain.

Also, make use of Lares in chapter 1 as you get experience from his kills too.

And in regards to having to save the game a lot... this is actually part of the way Gothic 2 was designed. It's even written in the game manual as essential advice for playing the game.
    "Save early, save often."

Basically, patience is key when playing this mod, at least for me.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zitat Zitat von SuperQuail Beitrag anzeigen
    I've managed to finish several playthroughs using this mod, even the one where enemy health regens. I'm not going to lie and say it's easy BUT it's only really hard if you treat it like vanilla.
    The main change from vanilla's playstyle is that you NEED to take your time. Don't try and rush the game or the game will hit you back, hard.

If I pace myself I can normally get up to Lvl 11 before joining a guild quite easily.
    What I mean by this is, treat the game as if it's 'new': talk to everyone, check the merchants gear every chapter, explore the city, complete all non-combat quests.
    Not only will this net you a ton of experience that you WILL need, it will also introduce you to the many changes made by the mod.

Don't squander your money or your LP's before you've truly decided what to go for - save up your LP's until you are certain.

Also, make use of Lares in chapter 1 as you get experience from his kills too.

And in regards to having to save the game a lot... this is actually part of the way Gothic 2 was designed. It's even written in the game manual as essential advice for playing the game.
    "Save early, save often."

Basically, patience is key when playing this mod, at least for me.
    Thankyou, i have been quite thorough in my playing. I don't think theres a single person or quest i havent completed in the harbor/ the major farms

The problem im having is.. I don't really remember what vanilla gameplay was like. So when i keep getting owned i dont really know if i should be mad at a base game mechanic or at L'Hivers mod lol.

But enemies respawn in gothic2 right? so should i be trying to kill every enemy in the game world before each new chapter for most exp. Is this correct or no

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Emad

Emad ist offline
    But enemies respawn in gothic2 right? so should i be trying to kill every enemy in the game world before each new chapter for most exp. Is this correct or no
    Enemies don't respawn, new ones appear but the old ones remain so you never risk of wasting exp in the way you are thinking of.

Seite 3 von 59 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »