I was playing Elex when once an idea came to my head. Why PB made melee combat so chaotic and non responsive ? Only few camera tweaks could make it whole way better.
In contrast to Risen 1, where we had constant fixed camera, PB introduced free camera to combat, what ( for me causes more of a motion sickness, than actual precise control over the character during fight ). In most cases when I am approaching the enemy I have two options:

1st: wait for him to hit me, so it gets into near range so I can manually focus him
2nd option: roll forward and try to time the attack but usually enemy dodges and my character ( and camera ) ends facing one direction and the enemy is completely somewhere else.
When I try to "catch" the enemy direction fast ( in order to perform attack ), usually my character does some attack in random direction ( WTF! ) completely missing the enemy.

My thought was " hey, maybe if someone could disable free camera and introduce fixed one [ that makes character instantly move 10degrees to the left, when mouse/ controller is moved 10 degrees to the left ], it would make control over combat much much sharper and reduce situations where player cannot "catch" the enemy direction.

I mean the fixed camera should turn to free camera during "evade roll" and back to fixed when the roll animation is finished and character gets up again, otherwise it may be difficult to fight group of enemies at once.

[Bild: 20180710080811_1.jpg]

[Bild: 20180710080938_1.jpg]

[Bild: 20180710080953_1.jpg]

[Bild: 20180710080841_1.jpg]