Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword
    Got an email from a friend, who has a friend who has played Risen, that said playing as a bandit is a disadvantage because the other factions can do most of the bandit camp quests before joining up and getting their faction-specific quests.

I doubt PB would do this because in G2 NotR the player could do a lot of the quests on the mercenary farm while remaining guildless, but was not thereby deprived of an equal amount of xp available after joining up.

It looks as though, as with mercs in NotR, bandits need to pay for stuff like armour that other factions get free, but that's legitimate because of the bandit lifestyle.

I would like confirmation on the xp question, though, because glancing at walkthroughs, it looks as though it could be possible. Many thanks.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)
    Darksword ist offline Geändert von Darksword (12.06.2018 um 08:47 Uhr) Grund: To correct information

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Darksword Beitrag anzeigen
    Got an email from a friend, who has a friend who has played Risen
    I once had a friend, who had a friend, whose cousin's brother-in-law had a colleague at work, who met someone in a bar, who had a dog, the breeder of which once overheard two strangers talking, saying that Elvis is alive and selling ice cream in New Jersey.

that said playing as a bandit is a disadvantage because the other factions can do most of the bandit camp quests before joining up and getting their faction-specific quests.
    [...]
    I would like confirmation on the xp question, though
    Unfortunately, I can neither confirm nor deny. But I checked the German forum and did a Google search in German. However, I could not find anything supporting this claim. I come away with the conclusion that it's probably not important either way. If there is a difference in XP, then it's either so miniscule that it doesn't matter. Or the XP difference is compensated by other factors. Because just looking at the naked number of XP can give an incomplete picture. You also have to take into account what you can do with them. Which skills are available to each class? How useful are they in combat as opposed to what other situations? What other (dis)advantages are attached to the different classes? And so on, and so forth. I do remember at least some complaints that playing as bandit was easier compared to the other classes.

Also, it's a roleplaying game. Technically, you're not supposed to do what gives you the most XP. You're supposed to do what you would do if you were in the character's shoes. For example, running amok in the city while shouting: "Sorry, but I need the XP!" is not good roleplaying.
    Of course, it's a singleplayer game. You can have fun in whatever way you want.

What I can tell you is that you can indeed do many quests in the bandit camp before you join a faction. But technically, that means they're not faction quests. The decision of which faction to join is made in the harbour city. So if you wanted to optimize your XP, you'd do all you can in the bandit camp first, then everything in the city (including 3 of the 4 quests that determine your faction choice). And then you'd do the final quest based on which faction you want.
    foobar ist gerade online

3. #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Because just looking at the naked number of XP can give an incomplete picture. You also have to take into account what you can do with them. Which skills are available to each class? How useful are they in combat as opposed to what other situations? What other (dis)advantages are attached to the different classes? And so on, and so forth. I do remember at least some complaints that playing as bandit was easier compared to the other classes.
    Very true - that hadn't occurred to me, thank you.

Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, it's a roleplaying game. Technically, you're not supposed to do what gives you the most XP. You're supposed to do what you would do if you were in the character's shoes. For example, running amok in the city while shouting: "Sorry, but I need the XP!" is not good roleplaying. Of course, it's a single player game. You can have fun in whatever way you want.
    Yeah, sorry to come across like an xp junkie, that's not how I play.

I love the character development side of rpg playing, so am always keen to get all the xp legitimately available from quests and monster extermination. I like to develop a character-building schematic early on, and the one I have made for this play-through of Risen 1 depends on being able to accumulate about 260 Learning Points: it will allow me to get all the fun of alchemy and smithing, and I'd like to achieve that since I've chosen not to use magic in any big way. I've read on this and other boards that it's a stretch to get to Level 29, so was just afraid that it might not be possible for a bandit to get to level 26.

However, your reply relieved that worry. Thank you so much!
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)
    Darksword ist offline