Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword
    In the wonderful Gothic games, I found the reach of weapons (e.g. two-handed swords over axes) very important for my playing style.

I haven't been able to find an online Risen 1 weapons list that includes reach in the description: and yet I have read many posts where players talk about the reach of e.g. staves, swords, axes in Risen.

Can anyone point me to a site where i can find this info?
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)
    Darksword ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I don't think that R1 weapon have this stat. When we built the item database for our website, we essentially dumped the game data. And if there were such a field, it would have been in the database. If I were to guess, I'd say that hits are calculated by collision. Meaning the reach is essentially determined by the size of the 3D mesh. Which is an inherent property and not explicitly specified in the game data.

The only way to get that info would be to extract the meshes from the game's resources, open them up in a 3D editor, and check their sizes manually. I don't think anyone wants to do that.
    foobar ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    The only way to get that info would be to extract the meshes from the game's resources, open them up in a 3D editor, and check their sizes manually. I don't think anyone wants to do that.
    Erm ... No! A thousand times, no!

Many thanks for the info - full and to the point as always with your posts, Foobar.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)
    Darksword ist offline