Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword
    First of all, I apologise in advance for a certain vagueness in this question. My PC crashed back in January and I am only now starting Risen 1 over again.

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    I read on one forum somewhere back last year some time that all the titan weapons boost the associated weapons skill by, iirc, 6 points.

If this is the case, it obviously affects how one approaches character build.

I haven't been able to confirm this by consulting online weapons lists. Can anyone help with this?

Thank you.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)
    Darksword ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    You're sort of correct.

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

At the very end of the game, you'll be given a hammer. You have to use that hammer to fight the end boss. The hammer gives a +6 on your axe skill. This is likely so that any character can wield it, whether or not they invested in the axe skill. PB is forcing you to use a hammer, so they have to make sure you actually can use it. That's what the bonus does.

It's one of the flaws of the game, in my opinion. No matter what type of character you build (the nimble archer or the wise mage), at the end, you get heavy plate armour and a hammer. And you go to smash things. Personally, I'd have preferred a boss battle in which you could fight with the skills you have earned over the course of the game. Instead, it's like Oprah. You get a hammer, you get a hammer, everybody gets a hammer.

But my personal belief aside, you don't really have to concern yourself with this during the game. If you have skilled axe combat, you'll be able to wield the titan hammer. If you didn't skill axe combat, you'll still be able to wield the hammer. So it doesn't really matter. The final boss battle is more of an arcade minigame and has little do to with your character build.
    foobar ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword
    Thank you so much, Foobar! That's a great help.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)
    Darksword ist offline