Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

Is Gothic 3 set up in such a way that it is easier to play a Mage?

I am playing a Warrior with 2-handed weapons. I'm beginning to wish I liked to play as a Mage because:

1. Plants that give mana are in bright colours and easy to see. Dragonroot, on the other hand, is REALLY hard to see. I was just in that ravine in Myrtana where there are 4 ogres, and while I was fighting, I thought I saw a Dragonroot. But after the battle, I searched for a long time and didn't find one. I was going to leave the area, and then thought I would check on the Internet about locations of Dragonroots. Sure enough, there is one in that place. So I did a pixel by pixel search and finally found it. Really irritating.

2. Weapons: there's a big variety of spells, but very few 2-handed weapons that are worth using, since their slowness makes the Reach important and most have horrible reach. I'm Level 23 and so far have used only
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    a spear and a halberd.
    Kind of boring

What do people think?
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Krieger Avatar von Liaska

Liaska ist offline
    to 1.)
    Activate (but don't use) the spell telekinesis. It does a very good job as an item-radar, while walking around the world.

to 2.)
    The combat system in G3 is really crap anyways... However, I never tried playing a mage since you become too op easily throughout the game. 2-handend weapons made combat easier for me than 1-handed weapons, and I never used a spear or helberd. It just takes a little bit of practise though.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von xJaru

xJaru ist offline
    I also feel like the combat system is kind of unbalanced even in the updated versions.

As melee you have a very hard time fighting multiple enemies until you reach a point of strenght where you are unkillable with the use of potions.
    Bow is almost useless when fighting multiple enemies too.
    And Mage is kind of what you expect from a mage, weak at the start but overpowered at a certain point of the game.
    I didn't try crossbow as a main weapon yet but it seems to be a better version of the bow.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Krieger Avatar von Liaska

Liaska ist offline
    I tried both crossbow and bow and must say thay the bow was the better option to me.
    Sure, the crossbow does more dmg per shot, but it has the necessity to get loaded completely before the launch. The bow is more flexible in this matter, since you don't need to wait for the maximum tensile stress, so you can prelaunch your arrows if necessary. Very useful to increase the firing frequency in case the mobs are too close and need only one more hit to take 'em down.
    Anyways, head shots do way more dmg in both cases. If you are skilled enough, little groups are easy to handle.
    For larger groups or even armies I'd recommend climbig on a roof or a wall for maximum sniping comfort

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

dorfbengelchen ist offline
    Using the spell "telekinesis" is the means of choice when exploring cleaned regions, as said before. Overmore have a printed map of the locations of important plants and items to your hand. It can be useful to search those items systematically and mark the found ones on the map.

2-handed weapons are crap in G3. It changed a lot, compared to the predecessor in that respect. I always chose 1-handed and shield. You have almost the same damage and reach, but are way more faster in action and have the hide of the shield.
    Magicians are vastly overpowered due to the automatic target-finding and even more boni like the auto-refilling of mana. They reduced the magician's power in Risen by the abolition of the automatic target-finding of the spells again.