Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 25
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    Hey, I have followed this tutorial about grass

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post21898491

But, I cannot make grass ( or any other object of vegetation painting type ) to spawn.

I have created _Vegetation.txt file with Editor ExportVegetationMeshes <Dateiname> command

I have spawned the _VegBrush via DynEntity Spawn _VegBrush

[Bild: Snapshot__2018_02_08_0000.jpg]

But when I try to

By Ctrl + mouse wheel you can scroll through the various vegetation meshes that are part of the current brush.

Nothing happens

[Bild: Snapshot__2018_02_11_0001.jpg]
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (11.02.2018 um 13:23 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    You have to be in the spawn mode, not edit mode. (Use Ctrl + Space to toggle spawn mode.)
    The vegetation brush does not need to be spawned, only the _Vegetation template.

Btw. for the beginning, I would would recommend you to work with the pre-built vegetation mesh list from the tutorial (inside the spoiler tag in part B). Just replace the text in _Vegetation.txt with that text.
    Baltram ist offline Geändert von Baltram (11.02.2018 um 14:33 Uhr)

3. #3 Zitieren
    If I try to select the _VegBrush entity in spawn mode, it get's deleted

Baltram, could you explain it to me like step by step what do you do in order to spawn grass? I have big problems with this.

I already have Vegetation.txt with content copied from your spoiler.

Regards
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    1. Copy the contents of the spoiler from the tutorial to a new file %localappdata%\Risen\Vegetation\example.txt
    2. Start Risen and add a new sector with a new layer (dedicated to the vegetation entity).
    3. Spawn _Vegetation in the new layer
    4. Open the newly spawned _Vegetation entity in the property editor and move it to exactly X=0, Y=0, Z=0
    5. Change to spawn mode (Ctrl + Space) and select the template _VegBrush
    6. Import the vegetation meshes for the current brush: Editor ImportVegetationMeshes example #t
    7. Export the new brush as a template: DynEntity ExportAsTemplate #e Brush_Example
    8. Optional: Create a new entity filter with the filter component "PS_All eCVegetationBrush_PS" so that you can select brushes easily in spawn mode (instead of having to scroll through millions of other templates)
    9. Make the new vegetation layer the active layer (for example by setting the console variable #l to the name of that layer)
    10. Select the new template Brush_Example in spawn mode
    11. Hold down Ctrl and start painting vegetation (use Ctrl + MouseWheel to scroll through the vegetation meshes that you imported from example.txt)

You can change a lot of interesting properties of your brush in the property editor (just press Space while it is selected in spawn mode) like for example Density.

Here is what a vegetation mesh string means:
    Brush_Plant_Grass_02 35.8271 0.1500 1 1

• Name of the ._xmsh file in data\common\meshes\Objects_Brushes_01
    • Minimal distance in cm between two instances of the mesh
    • Wind intensity between 0 and 1, should be 0 for stiff objects like rocks or branches
    • 0 or 1, if 1 then the back side of polygons is rendered too (makes sense for flat objects like grass blades, but not for stones or branches)
    • 0 or 1 (eEVegetationMeshShading_MeshNormal or eEVegetationMeshShading_EntryOrientation - effect unknown, just set it to 1)
    Baltram ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    FC*K
    I cannot make _Vegetation entity move ( or set coordinates ) to 0 0 0, it does not execute or save that new coordinates, look:

[Bild: veg.jpg]

[Bild: veg2.jpg]
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    FC*K
    I cannot make _Vegetation entity move ( or set coordinates ) to 0 0 0, it does not execute or save that new coordinates, look:
    You can do that in a 'deeper' level, so to say. Double click 'World' on the left and see how it lists new respective entries on the right side. Try changing those and press ENTER whenenver you alter an entry.

If it doesn't work either please provide a screenshot after clicking 'World'.
    JFaron ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Doesn't work either, I've tried it before your reply

[Bild: Snapshot__2018_02_15_0002.jpg]

[Bild: Snapshot__2018_02_15_0003.jpg]

Cheers, Afgan
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Doesn't work either, I've tried it before your reply
    Just one more time, hit 'Pos' on the Left, then it really should work.

Here is some background on it: An entity consists of a number of properties, fields, attributes, whatever you wanna call them. You can only modify the properties 'directly'. That means, you can only change them, if their value (e. g. '0m; 0m; 0m' for 'Pos') is a single value.

See this screenshot https://upload.worldofplayers.de/files11/veg.jpg from your first post. On the top level changeable values include (not limited to) Name, Enabled, AlphaValue, Locked. The other properties are grouped further. This is very obvious for 'PropertySets', as it doesn't show any of the individual properties, that are grouped together. (So you aren't baited into changing them here, where it doesn't work.) But the same is true for 'World' and 'Local'. See the semi-colons? Each semi-colon divides single properties, which means you cannot change them in this view. So you go one group deeper ('World') and you see each property neatly listed on the right. However, it turns out, that 'Pos' is still just grouping up three individual properties. So you hit 'Pos'.

Here's an easy to remember rule: If on the left you see an entry that has the same name as an entry on the right, you need to double-click that entry on the left to make changes to it.

Good luck with all of it
    JFaron ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Still the same, I can't overwrite the position
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Looks like I managed to do all the steps apart from setting the right position:

[Bild: Snapshot__2018_02_16_0007.jpg]
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Now that makes me look really stupid, dooesn't it? Everything so far I think made sense, but for all I know you should be able to change the position, when you clicked 'Pos' and changed the individual x, y and z properties, which are supposed to appear on the right. I don't really know what the issue is here, sorry
    JFaron ist offline Geändert von JFaron (17.02.2018 um 01:13 Uhr)

12. #12 Zitieren
    You can change the position exactly like JFaron described in his last post. Just navigate to 'World' and then to 'Pos' and then enter the value 0 in each of the three seperate fields for X, Y and Z. Each time, you have to confirm by pressing ENTER.
    Baltram ist offline Geändert von Baltram (16.02.2018 um 18:04 Uhr)

13. #13 Zitieren
    Is it possible, that I might be using somehow "corrupted" version of Script_Extensions ? If I try to move ( change position values ) of any other object ( not only _vegetation entity ) - their position doesn't change at all. Could you send me a latest version of Script_Extensions ?

Guys - I've tried all you post, even pressing enter by 10 times and nothing.

Thanks
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Is it possible, that I might be using somehow "corrupted" version of Script_Extensions ?
    No, the property editor has nothing to do with Script_Extensions.

I made you a video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kJPG5_wbUE
    Baltram ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    SUUUCEEED

But worked when I entered the property editor with DynEntity Edit { GUID } command ( as in your tutorial ) . When I enter the property editor with spacebar key, there is no change.

Thank you Baltram
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    World looks much better this way

[Bild: grass.jpg]

Thanks once more
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    When I enter the property editor with spacebar key, there is no change.
    Ah, that explains it. While the entity is selected in the editor, its position is controlled by Script_Extensions, so the proprety editor (which is not part of Script_Extensions) cannot change it.
    Baltram ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von Aun
    How do I set Vegtest as the active Layer? I did the exact same things like in your video and I dont have an active layer. And can it be the reason for the thing not working?
    je suis Today
    Aun ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Aun Beitrag anzeigen
    How do I set Vegtest as the active Layer? I did the exact same things like in your video and I dont have an active layer. And can it be the reason for the thing not working?
    There are two ways of setting the active layer: Either you set the console variable #l to the name of the desired layer or you select an existing entity in that layer and press Alt + Space. Things like this are explained in the Script_Extensions documentation (German version here). You should really read it, if you are frequently using the ingame editor!

In the video I start by setting #l = Vegtest, which is why I have that as the active layer throughout the video.
    Baltram ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von Aun
    Bei mir funktioniert das aber nicht. Ich habe allerdings schon Vegtest .lrent und .sec im Projects Ordner.
    je suis Today
    Aun ist offline

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »