Seite 3 von 3 « Erste 123
Ergebnis 41 bis 49 von 49
  1. #41 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von M1S1 Beitrag anzeigen
    Dear All,
    are there any possibilities to change the ingame text size (dialog text)?
    I use hungarian localization. I got en.str (hu.str)
    OR
    I need to make new lines into the config files?
    Thanks
    Dear One,
    I think it's a matter of fonts. So far elex2fnt files are not supported by the resman.
    When you compare consolas_10_b (74 kB) to consolas_14_b (138 kB) it's obvious that you'll need to create a complete new fnt file for a bigger text size.
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Umsturz bei den Morkons: best PB quest ever!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline

2. #42 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Thx the info
    I can not make any similar step I do not have knowledge of programing, making mod etc.
    I think that is not easy to make if somebody write down the order step by step

oder?
    M1S1 ist offline Geändert von M1S1 (11.01.2024 um 20:59 Uhr)

3. #43 Zitieren
    Since this is too offtopic we should continue here.
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    tombom81 ist offline Geändert von tombom81 (13.01.2024 um 17:26 Uhr)

4. #44 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Hello, I'm sorry that this is written in English. German responses work fine, I can just translate them with Google.

I am trying to make a mod the keeps Ryan alive, including with newly added text.
    The text is the only part remaining, but is the most difficult.

I have the latest version of Elex from GoG, but my unpacked c_1_na Localization folder only has w_strings.bin
    I believe it is supposed to have $$.str files in this version and I can not find them anywhere

Using Lianzifu with the updated .cmd script for the STR files has only produced a single raw/strings/strings.csv file

What am I doing wrong? Are current Elex patches back to one single .bin file? If not, why am I missing the .str files for each language?

I have low technical understanding for this type of thing and it has been a learning journey. Don't feel like you need to explain in huge detail, but keeping things simple and straightforward will help my understanding.
    Cerulean ist offline

5. #45 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Cerulean Beitrag anzeigen
    Using Lianzifu with the updated .cmd script for the STR files has only produced a single raw/strings/strings.csv file
    That's long ago but that's how it's supposed to be having a w_strings.bin as input file, iirc.
    (You might read here if you haven't done so so far.)
    tombom81 ist offline

6. #46 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Thank you! I read everything again and got further...

I added an INFO line to the bottom of the relevant document and repackaged all the .csv files into a strings.bin using STARK1LLER's command script. But I get this error during packing and it fails. Any idea how to fix this?

;fail: (class std::invalid_argument) hash conflict in csv line 25027 (4027178617|info:INFO_SAVERYAN_00000001|)
    Cerulean ist offline Geändert von Cerulean (05.02.2024 um 23:38 Uhr)

7. #47 Zitieren
    Wow, a hash conflict? It's too late atm but a first guess: to different lines result in the same hash.
    Quick (and poor) workaround should be to remove said line (or modify it).

If you uploaded the zipped csv-files (or send them via PM) I could have a look at it tomorrow/today.

Good night.
    tombom81 ist offline

8. #48 Zitieren
    Rookie
    For anyone coming into this thread in the future (like I did for some of the previous posts) I'll explain to you what happened in case you need help with your own mod. Thanks to Tombom who has been working on helping me with this for days figuring it out.

Using Lianzifu and Stark!ller's repack script, I successfully edited an unpacked infodesc.csv with a new line (which I named INFO_DESC_SAVERYAN_00000001). I then successfully repacked this, placed it properly with my other mod files I had edited, and used Elex Resman to turn it into a .pak file as a stand alone mod. I put this in the appropriate game folder and booted the game up.

Everything worked except the text.
    There was a blank, clickable, space where it should be. But the mod worked otherwise.

So I checked everything; unpacking my modded w_strings.bin and using it as my base file. I was unpacking it and trying again using it. Here is the problem; where I had originally put a new string in the infodesc.csv, Lianzifu would never save the change in infodesc.csv (evidenced by packing, then unpacking again to check) so I assumed it had been deleted.

But it had not. It was converting properly to a string in the strings.csv file, but was 'deleting' my entry in the infodesc.csv file because Lianzifu comes with its own files to guide the unpacking process. Every string that gets unpacked to a specific .csv file is governed by these Lianzifu .csv files, so I had to edit lianzifu-unpack.elex.x64.infodesc.csv ...

Searching the strings.csv file, I found my added string and the hash number it converted to (ie. c94a3737 in my case). I then added my INFO_DESC prefix, the Hash number, and the standard write file (infodesc:INFO_DESC_SAVERYAN_00000001|c94a3737|#X64:/data/compiled/documents/w_info.hdr) to the lianzifu-unpack.elex.x64.infodesc.csv .

Now finally, Lianzifu would also unpack w_strings.bin and include my added string to the infodesc.csv because I had now told it to do so. But all along, the repacked w_strings.bin had successfully been packed (by way of strings.csv) with my change, Lianzifu just couldn't unpack it again in the exact same way without me telling it the line was there. But yes, it was there all along!

So the hash conflict was because I was constantly adding the same line to the infodesc.csv and packing it, forcing Lianzifu to try and duplicate it in the background (and in strings.csv), subsequently failing because it already existed - thus the hash conflict.

From there I realized my mod's issue was not a Lianzifu packing failure, but possibly a read failure by the game itself. Remembering an old post of Tombom's I simply changed the name of w_strings.bin in my mod to en.str and it works flawlessly now.

That's all - the game doesn't like w_strings.bin in mods, but is perfectly happy with en.str despite being the exact same file and in many versions of the game only using w_strings.bin in its own .pak files.
    Cerulean ist offline Geändert von Cerulean (09.02.2024 um 19:26 Uhr)

9. #49 Zitieren
    @Cerulean: I really appreciate your contribution!

I think it can help others in a similar situation.
    (To be honest: I didn't think about problems that could arise, simply used lianzifu. But I still have the old patch using w_strings.bin.)

btw: my trick with the DynamicTeleport mod was to use an existing dialogue line, thus circumventing any problems that might arise. This way I could use the existing sound file, too.

Stay tuned!
    tombom81 ist offline

Seite 3 von 3 « Erste 123