Seite 2 von 9 « Erste 123456 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 179
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Is there a way to find out what every parameter does in class gCSkillsNPC_PS? Most are pretty obvious, but some like AttackAbility and ParadeAbility, I can't figure out. Also, level/experience calculation. How is that done? In Risen it seems it times the enemy's level by 10 and that's your experience, but not so here.
    Jobesky ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von Jobesky Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, level/experience calculation. How is that done?
    Are you a coder? This is from my Savegame-modifier-mod (on Nexus):
    Code:
    void Calc_Lvl(HWND hWnd)
    {
        BYTE  nLvl ;
        DWORD deltaXP ; 
        float fLvl ;

fLvl = floor (-0.5 +  (sqrt(1 + 4*experience/250))/2.0) ;
        nLvl= (BYTE) fLvl ; nLvl++ ;            // ++? dunno why
        deltaXP= nLvl*500 ;
    }
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Umsturz bei den Morkons: best PB quest ever!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    No, not a coder.

Is it indeed based on the level variable in the template? If I wanted to reduce XP gain from a monster, just lower their level?
    Jobesky ist offline Geändert von Jobesky (02.02.2020 um 03:47 Uhr)

4. #24 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Is it indeed based on the level variable in the template? If I wanted to reduce XP gain from a monster, just lower their level?
    You need to try it out.

Maybe it's independent:
    Crony Lvl 20, XP 50
    Hybrid Lvl 50, XP 1000
    Foresttroll Lvl 56, XP 200

(My previous post refers to the player's level, sorry.)
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Umsturz bei den Morkons: best PB quest ever!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline Geändert von tombom81 (02.02.2020 um 09:37 Uhr)

5. #25 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    If I wanted to edit monsters and items, would I delve into c_1_na or m_1_c_1_na? The latter seems to have 3 template paks filled with the same templates 3 times.
    Jobesky ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    If I wanted to edit monsters and items, would I delve into c_1_na or m_1_c_1_na? The latter seems to have 3 template paks filled with the same templates 3 times.
    The former. Elex doesn't come with any archive named "m_1_c_1_na", so that file must have been (accidentally?) created by you or some other modder using Elex Resource Manager (which produces archives with the "m_" prefix).
    Baltram ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Thanks. Please don't tell me I have to edit the sectors to change monsters and NPCs as well, like in Risen 3.
    Jobesky ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    Thanks. Please don't tell me I have to edit the sectors to change monsters and NPCs as well, like in Risen 3.
    Editing the templates might be enough in some cases, just try and see what happens.

In any case, modifying sectors is really comfortable in Elex (and Risen 3) since you can use .elexsecmod (or .r3secmod) files to carry changes in templates over to the sectors.
    Baltram ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    True, I was able to do it in Risen 3, but it's so tedious having to repack everything, especially if I just want to edit one thing. Still, it's better than not being able to edit anything at all.
    Jobesky ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    I forgot to ask, if I edit monsters, items and NPCs, do I have to pack them in separate archives or can it be the same one?
    Jobesky ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren
    I forgot to ask, if I edit monsters, items and NPCs, do I have to pack them in separate archives or can it be the same one?
    It can and should be a single .pak archive. However within the archive, you need different subdirectories for different resource types (i.e. one folder for templates, one for sectors, one for textures, etc.).
    Baltram ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    >you need different subdirectories for different resource types (i.e. one folder for templates, one for sectors, one for textures, etc.).

Does the Resource Manager do that for me when I pack it up?
    Jobesky ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    >you need different subdirectories for different resource types (i.e. one folder for templates, one for sectors, one for textures, etc.).

Does the Resource Manager do that for me when I pack it up?
    No you need to provide the directory structure yourself. Just create a folder "MyMod" or whatever and in it a folder "Templates" for all the .elextpl files, a folder "Sectors" for all the .elexsec files and so on (actually, the folder names don't really matter). Then put the MyMod folder through Elex Resource Manager to obtain an archive named m_x_MyMod.pak containing all the resources.
    Baltram ist offline

14. #34 Zitieren
    Adventurer

This is turning out to look more complicated than any of the Risen games. I was looking at some mods for ELEX just to see what they did and most of them that edited items also had sector files included. Do I need to make a secmod and put every item in the game (that I want to edit) in the secmod and then run it, like in Risen 3? I can't see why PB did it like this. Why does one need to edit sector files for items?
    Jobesky ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren

This is turning out to look more complicated than any of the Risen games. I was looking at some mods for ELEX just to see what they did and most of them that edited items also had sector files included. Do I need to make a secmod and put every item in the game (that I want to edit) in the secmod and then run it, like in Risen 3? I can't see why PB did it like this. Why does one need to edit sector files for items?
    I didn't do a lot of testing with item modifications but I would be surprised if there was a notable difference to Risen 3. What exactly is not working for you when editing item templates?

As for Piranha Bytes: Presumably their workflow is entirely different, as they have their own, much more powerful and better integrated tool sets.
    Baltram ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    I've not attempted any editing yet, but I was basing it off of mods I downloaded from the Nexus just to see what changes they made and how. Where Risen 1, 2, and 3 simply required editing the templates, the item overhaul mods I downloaded from the Nexus included Sector files with them for some reason, which I would love to know why.

Because of that, I was wondering if I had to include all my item changes and put each entry of each item I would change (which is a lot) into a secmod to affect all sectors... which would take a long time. Monsters, I understand, but I can't see why I would need to edit item sectors as well unless there was a particular item in the world I wanted a certain way. I just want to reduce/increase mercantile values for them among other things for a few of them. Can't see why those would need sector changes.
    Jobesky ist offline

17. #37 Zitieren
    I just want to reduce/increase mercantile values for them among other things for a few of them. Can't see why those would need sector changes.
    Me neither.
    Baltram ist offline

18. #38 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    So I did my editing (which took all morning and most of afternoon!) and I found this when looting the beginning beasts: https://imgur.com/a/PNtOB2b

I did edit the monster fists -- the IT_Mf files (I assumed that those were what controlled certain monsters' damage), but why is it showing up in their loot? I also found something similar in the Biter Runt near the beginning, it had It_Mf_Snapper_claw or something like that.

I did include the It_Mf files in my .elexsecmod but I don't see how that could've done anything like this.

EDIT: As a test, I got a different Plaguerat_Tutorial.tpl, replaced it in my Template folder, and updated my sectors, and it's still doing it. Must be a sector file? Unless the beginning rat is not a plaguerat?

EDIT 2: Replaced my entire Sector folder and the beginning plaguerat still had those items. I did start a new game. What is going on?

EDIT 3: Replaced my Sector AND Template folders with Unofficial Update's folders (so none of my edited tweaks were there) and it STILL had those "items." Please help.

EDIT 4: The Plaguerat in the beginning had normal loot when I removed my mod completely.
    Jobesky ist offline Geändert von Jobesky (29.02.2020 um 00:03 Uhr)

19. #39 Zitieren
    As a test I modified some values in the template It_Mf_MoleratClaw, but for me this didn't make it show up in the loot of the tutorial rat.

You should first find out which mod is causing this, by successively disabling mods until the problem disappears (you can disable a mod for example by changing the file extension of its archive from .pak to .pak.disabled).

If it is a file in your mod that is causing this, you can find out which one:
    Delete some of the files in your mod and see if the problem still persists. If yes, repeat with the remaining files. Otherwise, restore the deleted files, delete all the other files and repeat. At some point only one file is left and that's the culprit. At that point you can apply the same procedure to the file's content (i.e. replace half of your changes with the original content and see if the problem still persists, etc.) in order to find out which line in the file causes the problem.

I did include the It_Mf files in my .elexsecmod but I don't see how that could've done anything like this.
    No sector contains these items, so including them in a .elexsecmod doesn't do anything.
    Baltram ist offline

20. #40 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    The problem went away when I removed my mod which contains edited templates of all creatures and relevant sectors.
    Jobesky ist offline

Seite 2 von 9 « Erste 123456 ... Letzte »