Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

magic ore blank vs magic ore? apologies if this is a stupid question

Opening heavy chests: ok,, there's one rare item that doesn't change.

Can anyone give me a hint about how to value the other items? I am playing with a system of allowing myself 3 tries at such chests. I know this will offend purists, and I apologise for being a gambler at heart I'm playing as primarily a warrior.

So I have the following options that seem good to me in the chest with the hashashin knife (not listing minor stuff):
    1. Magic ore + Banish Evil + Flaming Sword
    2. Magic ore blank + Telekinesis + Flaming Sword
    3. Unlock + Life+20 amulet

In each case the first item is the one that seems pretty valuable to me. I can't figure out if, with smithing skills, I can make a magic ore blank from a lump(s) of magic ore in order to make a magic ore weapon later in the game.
    I also have read that Unlock Spells are not that common.

Does anyone have advice?
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline
    In researching something else, I discovered that magic ore blanks can only be used to forge weapons that don't have much range.

As I'm playing a warrior using two-handed weapons precisely because of their range, I know I won't be needing magic ore blanks, except to sell/make an item to sell. So not a priority for me.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)