Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

Red face Items I should keep? Who to talk to? My brain is breaking down

I have restarted the game, as even at the early stage of having visited Reddock, Cape Dun and Montera I had made too many missteps.

I know the intention was to make this 'open world,' but from my limited experience this has created loads of problem for the player. After I spent a lot of time online reading, and finding walkthroughs,I am restarting Gothic 3 but I do have a drowning sort of feeling. It's discouraging to be faced with so many instances of 1. creating conflicts with later quests, or 2. creating chances of eliminating later quests (just from the order in which you talk to people when first hitting town) or 3. selling things one will need later on.

One thing I haven't been able to find out is how to make enough gold to pay for training, My first time, I was selling hunting trophies and looted weapons, but I now know that I need hunting trophies like skins and claws for some of the recipes and blueprints.

So, I have a list of items needed for quests, and items needed for recipes/blueprints.

There doesn't seem to be all that much left to sell, apart from looted weapons and they don't bring in much gold.

Is it the intention of the game designers that the player must rely on gold coins from quests, arenas and so on to be able to train and to buy equipment? If so, that's a pity as trading is a significant part of the joy of the game.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von xJaru

xJaru ist offline
    I think it's important for anyone who wants to help you that you add what way your charakter will go.
    Do you play with mods?

Because when I played Gothic 3 and didn't play a mage I never had problems with gold after learning a few basics.
    I always learned the hunting perks for trophies first, followed by opening locks.

When I arrived in Okara I also learn mining so I get more iron ore. With that iron ore you can earn a lot of money when crafting bastard swords.
    (Dunno if that's the actual english name too.) They sell for 16.000 each.

Another few tips to safe some money from my own expierience:

-Use the bow early in the game. If you aren't planning on playing a dex charakter you won't be using arrows later on. Just make sure to buy enough arrows, you won't have to spend money on healing potions anymore because you won't take much damage anymore, and you can eat the meat instead of using healing potions.
    -If you want to run a lot, buy some water, don't ever buy potions for endurance, they are a waste of money.
    -Make sure to sell valuables like rings to the right vendors. (Marlo in Reddock, Sanford in Montera)
    -Same for animal trophies , sell them to hunters like Joey in reddock or Jens infront of Cape Dun.
    -The spear is a great weapon against wild animals like wolves because of it's high range, use the spin attack

That's all I remember for now, hope it will help you a bit.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

Darksword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von xJaru Beitrag anzeigen
    I think it's important for anyone who wants to help you that you add what way your charakter will go.
    Do you play with mods?
    I am playing as a fighter with two-handed weapons, also using a bow. I'm not planning to use magic in a big way.

I'm playing with the update (the latest one, I think 1.75.14)and the related update package, but no mods. I decided not to use AB.

Zitat Zitat von xJaru Beitrag anzeigen
    I always learned the hunting perks for trophies first, followed by opening locks.

When I arrived in Okara I also learn mining so I get more iron ore. With that iron ore you can earn a lot of money when crafting bastard swords.
    (Dunno if that's the actual english name too.) They sell for 16.000 each.

Another few tips to safe some money from my own expierience:

-Use the bow early in the game. If you aren't planning on playing a dex charakter you won't be using arrows later on. Just make sure to buy enough arrows, you won't have to spend money on healing potions anymore because you won't take much damage anymore, and you can eat the meat instead of using healing potions.
    -If you want to run a lot, buy some water, don't ever buy potions for endurance, they are a waste of money.
    -Make sure to sell valuables like rings to the right vendors. (Marlo in Reddock, Sanford in Montera)
    -Same for animal trophies , sell them to hunters like Joey in reddock or Jens infront of Cape Dun.
    -The spear is a great weapon against wild animals like wolves because of it's high range, use the spin attack

That's all I remember for now, hope it will help you a bit.
    Thank you so much for all this help. I shall use my next levels to get the hunting perks. And guess what - I'm already using the spear, it is a great weapon. I used it in my previous play through. When I was doing my reading online, I was surprised it wasn't mentioned much. Thanks again!

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

dorfbengelchen ist offline
    The above-said is alright, i think.

I use to develop a character that is not a magician, by using up all INT-developping items such as boards and stoneplates up to 50, if possible. And add LP up to reaching 50 for "faster learning" skill.
    The next levels are for the development of the hunter perks. If the character is not a bow-based (which i never used in G3) i invest into dex up to 130 and also use up the DEX-plants immediately.
    Then learn the hunter trophy perks, all the three!
    No killing of animals (at the exception of scavengers) up to this point, since you would waste the trophys.

learning "ore mining" needs 15 smithing, which you can learn from any smith. The points are worth to be spent since the free boni are just 17, as much as i remember. Never pick any ore before learning it!
    The bastard sword sells at 4.000 (not 16.000), but you can smith more than 20 pieces during the game from found iron ore.

Spending points into the thieve skills are not worth the investment in early game. One can open some larger chests later by found scrolls.

Most of the money you will make from found and robbed weapons. In the beginning, of course, you lack the power to beat the big enemies: bandit camps, the orks of gotha, the orks of al-shedim, the orks of nordmar a.s.o.

You can also sell plants and scrolls later, since you won't need them. For healing i use to use meat only and to sell alll the potions and plants. Even then i often carry hundreds of portions of meat.

Do not buy every possible armament. Skip one possible improvement and buy the next one only. Never buy shields and weapons. You'll find them anyway.

Sell one kind of stuff to just ONE merchant in the game. For the golden stuff i always use to use Marlo in Reddock and for trophies Jens before KapDun.
    You know then where to look if you need to buy back something later for whatever reason.

In the end of the game you will have at least about 200.000 gold pcs. and much more if you are savy.

It is all just imperfection of the beginning, be patient. And some LP in reserve are everything else but a problem.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

By the way: what speaking to anyone damages chances for future questions?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

Darksword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von dorfbengelchen Beitrag anzeigen
    By the way: what speaking to anyone damages chances for future questions?
    I haven't reached very far into the game, but one example I can give from the walkthrough I am following says
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    "Warning! Talking to Otis, Trano and Marik in the wrong order can break the quest Make the tired mercenary leave the rebels' meeting point." This is from the section dealing with Montera and the surrounding places.

And then there are the timed quests like Thorek wants magic ore for his smithy. The walkthrough recommends not taking this on until you have the ore as it can take a longer time than 2 days to find the 5 lumps of magic ore.

Because of passages like that, I am strictly following a walkthrough. Usually I like to play an area through and then just check with a walkthrough that I haven't missed anything.

Thank you so much for your advice, dorfbengelchen. This forum really adds so much enjoyment to the whole Gothic experience!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Ups, i overlooked that posting.

The Thorek quest is a good example which proves your theory very well.

The Trano quest is not, in my eyes, since i did it in various ways yet. It only starts with Marik. If you address Trano first, there is no talk leading to anything.