Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 19 von 19
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Lehrling Avatar von hasnogaems
    I want to put certain npc in certain home and make him do certain routine, like sleep, sit on the bench, smalltalk with other npc. What would the correct way to do it? I tried through console: edit>PropertySets> Navigation>Routines Every routine contain: SleepingPoint, WorkingPoint, RelaxingPoint. I've tried to change some of those but without sucess.
    hasnogaems ist offline Geändert von hasnogaems (25.12.2017 um 02:00 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    You are trying to do it wrong way. Look for description in Script_Extensions readme - there you will find everything, everything is described there
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Thanks for answering. In this guide https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzbvc75cmxetywq/NPCs.pdf Script_Extensions is a main tool right? Im not speak german and google translate not helping much on this one. Is there a video anywhere maybe?
    I want to make sure that what i want to achieve is possible in the first place, possible without like c++ knowlege. Im gonna dig into this Script_Extensions later. Is it separate program or is it mod for a game?
    hasnogaems ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Also i want to ask, i was playing with console and excute some strange commands, "profiles", for example "profiles maxentries", or "profiler redalert". I 9lways answer "executed correctly!" or something. I found in ConfigDefault.xml there is
    <Profiler
    FrameQueueLength="64"
    HideBelow="1.0"
    LogToFile="false"
    MaxNodesPerLevel="20"
    PeakAlert="0.0"
    RecursionDepth="1"
    RedAlert="20.0"
    SortMode="2"
    UpdateInterval="1000"
    YellowAlert="5.0"
    >
    </Profiler>
    Is this what this command do? Changes this variables? But why it answer executed correctly when i enter no value? Also some variables names missing in ConfigDefault.xml for example "profiles maxentries" and "profiles watch".
    hasnogaems ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    You are trying to do it wrong way. Look for description in Script_Extensions readme - there you will find everything, everything is described there
    Comeback
    hasnogaems ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    Zitat Zitat von hasnogaems Beitrag anzeigen
    In this guide https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzbvc75cmxetywq/NPCs.pdf Script_Extensions is a main tool right? Im not speak german and google translate not helping much on this one. Is there a video anywhere maybe?
    I want to make sure that what i want to achieve is possible in the first place, possible without like c++ knowlege. Im gonna dig into this Script_Extensions later. Is it separate program or is it mod for a game?
    Script_Extensions is a script module for Risen that provides many new console commands as well as an in-game editor for the game world. No programming skills are required. You can find the english documentation here.

As for creating NPC routines, this post may be helpful to you (in addition to reading the Script_Extension documentation).
    Baltram ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Thank you man!
    [Active question]
    And what about
    i was playing with console and excute some strange commands, "profiles", for example "profiles maxentries", or "profiler redalert".
    Do you know anything about that?

Also there is a setting in ConfigDefault.xml
    [ScreenSpaceAmbientOcclison="false"]
    For me it disable this weird shadows you can see on buildings basically that look nice when you stay still but when you move your camera they not stay still and move along with camera and it look unnatural. I wondering maybe there is some way to make this shadows static? Because without this cringy movement they look pretty cozy.

I wanna say this is so amazing there is a place like that, where you can ask non basic questions about this game and have a hope for an answer.
    hasnogaems ist offline Geändert von hasnogaems (28.12.2017 um 10:22 Uhr)

8. #8 Zitieren
    Im currently struggling with this:
    So you pick three entities in the world using the ingame editor and you save the GUIDs of these in variables. To do so, you select the entity that should become e. g. the WP and you execute:
    Code:
    #wp = #e        // Remember: #e holds the currently selected entity
    How can i pick these entities? I tried to just execute "edit" to the bed from console. Then I tried #bed = #e
    Unknown variable: #e

I can get entity GUID through DynEntity GetGuid
    then
    #MyVariavleName = #r1

but i want to figure out how to do it as described above

I found the answer in chapter 5. Editor of http://svn.nicode.net/risensdk/branc...ensions_en.pdf My bad didn't read it to the end.
    [closed]

hasnogaems ist offline Geändert von hasnogaems (28.12.2017 um 10:24 Uhr)

9. #9 Zitieren
    [Active questions]
    New question: Is there any possibility to lock doors i opened before?
    New question: how can i make certain NPC guard certain House?
    New question: Is there a way to add quest to Hero, we talking about previously completed quest.
    New question: how you create FP? In this tool on screenshot?
    [Bild: patrol_1_route.jpg]
    hasnogaems ist offline Geändert von hasnogaems (28.12.2017 um 10:22 Uhr)

10. #10 Zitieren
    I think i setup my npc with routines. Basically nearest Stove Bench and Bed for W R S. But my NPC just staying still. I tried to move away out of sight, but nothing changes. This npc just stay and stare at me.
    I need to add that i previously used "slavery - true" on this npc to get him on current position, maybe this is an issue? I disable and enable slavery many times, before and after i say to this npc "follow me" or "stay here". Is there any command to force npc to do his routines maybe?

Okay i figure it out. In edit>property sets>party
    i emptied
    party name
    [closed]

Still looking for other answers
    hasnogaems ist offline Geändert von hasnogaems (28.12.2017 um 10:21 Uhr)

11. #11 Zitieren
    [closed]
    How can i make cloned entity to stay through save load?
    hasnogaems ist offline Geändert von hasnogaems (03.01.2018 um 13:27 Uhr)

12. #12 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    And what about Do you know anything about that?

Also there is a setting in ConfigDefault.xml
    [ScreenSpaceAmbientOcclison="false"]
    For me it disable this weird shadows you can see on buildings basically that look nice when you stay still but when you move your camera they not stay still and move along with camera and it look unnatural. I wondering maybe there is some way to make this shadows static? Because without this cringy movement they look pretty cozy.
    I don't know anything about that.

New question: Is there any possibility to lock doors i opened before?
    Not that I know of.

New question: how can i make certain NPC guard certain House?
    I did never do that myself but I guess what you need to do is create a guard free point (FP_Guard) in front of the entrance, set up the NPC's routine such that the new free point is used and create the necessary dialogs for the first and second warning (you can take Hernandez as an example, his warn dialogs are PANKRATZX2_00945.xinf and PANKRATZX2_00954.xinf).

New question: Is there a way to add quest to Hero, we talking about previously completed quest.
    I don't know, just try it out. You could for example find some dialog (.xinf) that starts a quest and change Permanent="False" to Permanent="True", then see if you can start the quest again after completing it.

New question: how you create FP? In this tool on screenshot?
    The tool in your screenshot is no longer supported and kind of obsolete.
    You can just spawn a free point with the console command DynEntity Spawn <template>, then add the newly spawned entity (its GUID is in the console variable #r1) to some layer via DynEntity SetLayer #r1 <layer name> and save the layer with DynEntity SaveLayer <layer name>. The layer name must correspond to some .lrent file in data\common\projects (you need to unpack projects.pak and remove write-protection from the .lrent files).

How can i make cloned entity to stay through save load?
    Same as above: Add the entity to a layer (.lrent) and save that layer.
    Baltram ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Baltram thank you kind sir. Can you explain me more about this layers and what is they purpose? Or give me some direction where to read about it?

About guard: Looks like this blue lines is connected to guard point because when i get in with nautilus spell for example and walking inside without touching them guard not react, as soon as i touch it he react and he not get off me till i cross another blue line wich is located at every possible entrance and exit.
    [Bild: qQHVCsl.jpg]

[Bild: xMQjb]
    [Bild: xMQjb]
    hasnogaems ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Btw what is this i found? {BF9F71B4-5B99-4548-B3CE-5E532F897B04}
    [Bild: undefined.jpg][Bild: CMvdUTu.jpg]
    hasnogaems ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Btw red zones activate guard too.
    Edit: not sure about it now.
    hasnogaems ist offline Geändert von hasnogaems (02.01.2018 um 18:23 Uhr)

16. #16 Zitieren
    Btw red zones activate guard too.
    Replaced some blue zones. Guard still activate. Confused.
    hasnogaems ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    I feel like i messed up my own thread with this "look what i found" posts. Okay legit question now. There is a site with courses: https://www.udemy.com What course should i choose that will help me with advanced modding techniques? Im not talking about 3-d modelling and stuff, just scripting dialogs, etc.
    hasnogaems ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    If you're specifically not talking about modelling (and even then), it's probably none. The courses seem to be very specific and I have doubts about how well they translate to Risen Modding, if at all. While it is true that you can do some super fancy stuff using C++, your goals (as stated in the other thread) aren't that fancy. You won't need C++ for that and if you did, you'd need need a strong background in it. That is not what these kind of courses are intended to provide.

The issue seems to be, that there are no English ressources available for you to get into and realistically, I don't see a scenario where they will be. The amount of people knowledgeable in this kind of stuff is actually very small -- and the few of us did go through writing+ a ton of stuff in German. Wasn't particularly funny the first time, certainly wouldn't be a second time and a lot of the little details and workflow stuff have probably already escaped my mind.

The simple truth is, that it isn't as easy as writing just a few paragraphs. This stuff is complex and I know what I know by me being here a long time. A few years ago I've been in your shoes (feels like I still am in some respects) and I sympathise, but I don't see any kind of ressources popping up for you. I'm genuinely sorry, but I guess I don't see a point in upholding some kind of illusion here.

That being said, there are a lot of courses regarding Unity (a powerful game engine) or even Game Maker (easier to access, popular indie titles like Hotline Miami were developed using this; free trial version) and that can be fun. I played around a bit in Unity a while ago (using free resources) and if you want to create your own game, you could give that a shot. (Not recommending any courses though because I have zero experience with stuff like this. Be sure to check prerequisites, reviews and view count or something before putting money down!)
    JFaron ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    I really appreciate the answer. Was pleasure to read.
    hasnogaems ist offline